Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Jan 2, 2015 3:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 51
Ok so after finishing Hana and Tsuki I got curious. I really do love the Monogatari series but I'm not quite sure on the order of events compared from anime to the novels. I know that bake and second season are a few or so novels into one so if anyone could give me a order chronologically in novels compared to anime that would be awesome! All the charts I have seen only have what has aired already not what has yet to air.
Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly! :3
 
#2
Jan 2, 2015 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 182
Cruisawooski said:
Ok so after finishing Hana and Tsuki I got curious. I really do love the Monogatari series but I'm not quite sure on the order of events compared from anime to the novels. I know that bake and second season are a few or so novels into one so if anyone could give me a order chronologically in novels compared to anime that would be awesome! All the charts I have seen only have what has aired already not what has yet to air.


http://www.reddit.com/r/araragi/comments/253p64/the_orders_to_monogatari_condensed_version/

that post should tell you everything
(07.11.17) previous username = kingscounty

PM me all of your anime recommendations !

~ visit my wordpress = dfbusy.wordpress.com ~
 
#3
Jan 3, 2015 6:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 234
This sould help you:


Start Month,[/End Month]

I made this based on the novel's summaries, Baka-tsuki's timeline of the series and this outdated image
Modified by Thelight52, Jan 3, 2015 7:54 AM
 
#4
Jan 16, 2015 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 115
Excellent chart! Someday when it's all been animated, I'll watch it in this order just for the hell of it. LOL
 
#5
Oct 6, 2015 6:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 174
just started watching hanamonogatari, and seemed like a time jump from the end of the second season so i hopped over here, looks like chronologically its AFTER the current airing season..so should i hold off on watching it? or just watch it in airing order? i mean we are all still waiting on kizu (those who havent read the novels anyway, like me)
 
#6
Oct 6, 2015 6:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2422
It's meant to be watched in release order.
 
#7
Oct 6, 2015 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5969
When you have to do research to know which episodes to watch first, you know the anime has a few problems...
 
#8
Oct 6, 2015 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2005
CondemneDio said:
When you have to do research to know which episodes to watch first, you know the anime has a few problems...


You don't have to, you just watch the show in the broadcast order like almost every other anime out there.
They wouldn't release it that way if it was meant to be watched in another order.
 
#9
Oct 6, 2015 8:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 174
Kruzy said:
CondemneDio said:
When you have to do research to know which episodes to watch first, you know the anime has a few problems...


You don't have to, you just watch the show in the broadcast order like almost every other anime out there.
They wouldn't release it that way if it was meant to be watched in another order.


well that is my question, was the novel published this way too? or are they jumping around in the novel's story? if its the same as the novel then ill just watch tsuki and hana before owari

only other show that had airings out of chronological order i can think of is haruhi, but that had full episodes you could just switch around to watch in chronological order
 
Oct 6, 2015 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2005
Hito420 said:
well that is my question, was the novel published this way too? or are they jumping around in the novel's story? if its the same as the novel then ill just watch tsuki and hana before owari

only other show that had airings out of chronological order i can think of is haruhi, but that had full episodes you could just switch around to watch in chronological order


That's pretty much how the novel was published with a few small exceptions.

Also there is the Fate and Kara no Kyoukai series which didn't air in chronological order too although in Kara no Kyoukai's case it was also meant to be that way.
 
Oct 25, 2015 7:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 29
Does anybody know of an up to date version of this picture?
 
Oct 25, 2015 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2005
Szop_Gracz said:
Does anybody know of an up to date version of this picture?

 
Top