Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2015 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
Just wanna hear some reactions on this Anime. I just have this sad but yet hatred feeling in me towards the characters, The sex scene just pissed me off. It's just..ughh....anyway, so what was your reaction after watching White Album 2? ^^
IAMQTMar 20, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2, 2015 12:08 PM
Feb 2014
It's the best romance anime I've seen to this day. Does something you don't expect to see, the characters are all unique, and most of all it's both inconsistent and perfect, a blending of two opposites that work together to bring out this the way it is. A lot of people are very critical about its inconsistencies, but the inconsistencies are indeed the essence of what makes it the way I loved it.
Jan 2, 2015 12:09 PM
Jan 2, 2015 12:16 PM

Dec 2013
Well...then it must have done something right if that was your reaction lol. I thought the ending was pretty well done. Frustrating as hell, but that was the point. Events stayed true to their anti-heroes.
Jan 2, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
It was pleasant surprise because it was rather good compared to that trash that White album and White Album second season are.
Jan 3, 2015 7:51 PM
Oct 2014
My reaction was something along the lines of "Best anime ever".
The ending was extremely sad, but it didn't bother me much. It's unrealistic to expect Touma to be able to cancel her whole piano thing, so a happy ending couldn't happen. A love that cannot be. Nor did I really feel that the characters deserved a good ending at the time, after how straight up bad they had been to each other. I don't know what else to add except for that I love it, and I consider it the best anime I've seen.
Feb 3, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
well people. You guys have to realize this anime only adapt to the point of introductory chapter of White Album 2 VN. There is the ending chapter which finish the story.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 4, 2015 10:19 PM
Nov 2014
Any news on if they're going to adapt the ending chapter?
Mar 28, 2015 3:28 PM

Nov 2014
It's crappy

Apr 26, 2015 8:12 AM

Jul 2014
gimme s2 already.
Apr 21, 2019 12:04 AM

Aug 2017
Ideal would have been threesome at the end and impregnate both. But at least Touma got impregnated. Setsuna can wait as she's not flying away.
Apr 23, 2019 6:18 AM

Dec 2017
TrumpMD said:
Ideal would have been threesome at the end and impregnate both. But at least Touma got impregnated. Setsuna can wait as she's not flying away.

when did she get pregnent?

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jul 7, 2019 10:04 PM

Jun 2014
thevagus said:
TrumpMD said:

when did she get pregnent?

He's obviously shitting you.
Jul 21, 2019 7:13 AM

Feb 2018
"AlL tHrEe Of Us ToGeThEr" was funny and cringe at the same time, although the final scene was literally the best comedy I've ever seen.
Jul 23, 2019 5:43 PM
Jan 2019
Yeah, I feel quite the same as the rest. I gave it a seven though it deserves an 8. It was great but I couldn't handle how much of a dick he was to the ginger (been a year since I watched it) and then to not give a fuck when she has such strong feelings to follow him to the airport despite knowing he and the piano girl had sex. It's so annoying. That's how not to end this kinda romance. So, let's hope we can have a s2 for the ginger to be happy and even the piano as I think there was the mc's friend who had a crush and yay happy ending. If there's one of those in the vn. Nonetheless, one day I will surely play it to do what I thought would of been a happier ending.
Kamikoto_klDec 8, 2022 2:32 PM
May 6, 2020 11:12 AM

Aug 2018
I didn't like it, especially the way it ended. Not because "my ship didn't sail" but because of the dumbass reasons why it didn't sail. The entire story was pretentious.
May 17, 2020 7:33 AM
Oct 2017
It has very satisfactory story telling. It is my second rewatch and I still want to punch Haruki for being a dick. Kazusa and Setsuna deserves better. I only invest my feelings in a few anime, and this is one of the most memorable and my favorite.

Will we expect season 2 though, or I'll just live with my delusions?
Jul 8, 2020 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
profpaul said:
It has very satisfactory story telling. It is my second rewatch and I still want to punch Haruki for being a dick. Kazusa and Setsuna deserves better. I only invest my feelings in a few anime, and this is one of the most memorable and my favorite.

Will we expect season 2 though, or I'll just live with my delusions?

Well, anime ended on December 2013. Its going to be 7 years since it ended by December 2020. I will say that if we hear nothing this 2020 of a second season, then I dont think its gonna happen. Which is weird because the way the anime ended, it was pretty much telling us that there will be another season or movie. Specially with how popular the Visual Novel is.
Jul 16, 2020 4:30 PM

Jun 2016
epidemia78 said:
I didn't like it, especially the way it ended. Not because "my ship didn't sail" but because of the dumbass reasons why it didn't sail. The entire story was pretentious.
It’s a subtle drama with realistic, believable characters. Of course Clannad and Steins;Gate fans wouldn’t like it and call it pretentious.
Aug 30, 2020 3:11 AM

Aug 2020
Edocchi said:
epidemia78 said:
It’s a subtle drama with realistic, believable characters. Of course Clannad and Steins;Gate fans wouldn’t like it and call it pretentious.

Disagree. I loved Steins; Gate and Clannad and this anime just blew me away. I thought Toradora or Clannad were one of the best romance anime I have ever seen and nothing could top it. Boy, was I wrong. In fact, White Album 2 has a place in my top three now lol, I should have watched this anime years ago.
Sep 14, 2020 4:42 AM

Aug 2017
Pretty good. Kitahara's a dick for leading Setsuna on and cheating on her, though.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"
Sep 14, 2020 4:50 AM

Aug 2016
Best anime romance hands down, or best romance anything tbh.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 14, 2020 4:52 AM

Aug 2016
NotJustJuice2 said:
Pretty good. Kitahara's a dick for leading Setsuna on and cheating on her, though.
True, but Setsuna did this to herself ngl.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 14, 2020 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
Boredom. I did not care at all about it.

2shizukasensei88 said:

If you liked this you will probably adore Rumbling Hearts.
Sep 14, 2020 4:54 AM

Jun 2015
A snoozefest that was best dropped midway.
Sep 14, 2020 4:58 AM

Aug 2016
Capybaras said:

2shizukasensei88 said:

I watched Rumbling Hearts when I was 8 or something lmao (it aired on TV, and I was already disensitize by all the garbage cheating soup operas), rewatch it in a few year, you might like it more b r u h.
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 14, 2020 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
2shizukasensei88 said:
Capybaras said:

I watched Rumbling Hearts when I was 8 or something lmao (it aired on TV, and I was already disensitize by all the garbage cheating soup operas), rewatch it in a few year, you might like it more b r u h.

I watched it cause one friend who loves melodramatic romance anime forced me to.
I don't care about it either. I dislike love triangles tbh.
Sep 14, 2020 5:05 AM

Aug 2016
Capybaras said:
2shizukasensei88 said:

I watched it cause one friend who loves melodramatic romance anime forced me to.
I don't care about it either. I dislike love triangles tbh.

Same, I fucking hate love triangles too (but this is an exception), but every romance you'll watch from now on, is probably gonna be 10x worse (I know because I already watched all the well known romance already). And can you @ ur friend to me? I might get some good recommendations. I dying for a decent romance for a while now.
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 14, 2020 5:07 AM

Jun 2020
I really enjoyed it actually, the sex scene actually had depth and meaning.
I just hated the MC, biggest bitch ever.

I just realized this is a 5 year old thread.
Sep 14, 2020 9:40 AM

Nov 2013
I applauded the fact the anime had the guts to show kiss and sex which is rare for standard romance school anime. But to me the anime is just textbook of love triangle story, 1 guy 2 girls, love is in the air, there's conflict, story from each perspective etc. There's no surprise, no twist, I just felt nothing when I finished it. I'm aware the anime is just introductory chapter for something bigger and deeper which is the VN but that's irrelevant for judging the anime itself. At the end of the day, it was not a bad anime but it just way too simple.

Positive note though I'm quite happy to found some entry for my spotify playlist.
DannyTheDonkeySep 14, 2020 9:47 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 14, 2020 10:18 AM

Aug 2016
Promethazine said:

I'm gonna make a case for the MC, considering that everybody hates the fuck out of him. First of all he's actually realistic (not those bs realistic MCs like the MC of SNAFU, Bunny Girl, and etc), and second he's actually a character, not just a shitty cardboard cut out garbage, and I can go on for awhile, but I can't just suddenly make you like a character you hate, by just explaining why, if you wish to understand, re-watch it and pay attention to the MC.
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 14, 2020 10:23 AM

Aug 2016
DannyTheDonkey said:
I applauded the fact the anime had the guts to show kiss and sex which is rare for standard romance school anime. But to me the anime is just textbook of love triangle story, 1 guy 2 girls, love is in the air, there's conflict, story from each perspective etc. There's no surprise, no twist, I just felt nothing when I finished it. I'm aware the anime is just introductory chapter for something bigger and deeper which is the VN but that's irrelevant for judging the anime itself. At the end of the day, it was not a bad anime but it just way too simple.

Positive note though I'm quite happy to found some entry for my spotify playlist.

The execution of the romance is the best in all of anime, no debate. And twist is overrated tbh. The whole white album series is a goldmine for sick music, you might wanna look through the OST all over YouTube.
2静か先生88#7307
Sep 14, 2020 2:21 PM

Jun 2020
2shizukasensei88 said:
Promethazine said:

I'm gonna make a case for the MC, considering that everybody hates the fuck out of him. First of all he's actually realistic (not those bs realistic MCs like the MC of SNAFU, Bunny Girl, and etc), and second he's actually a character, not just a shitty cardboard cut out garbage, and I can go on for awhile, but I can't just suddenly make you like a character you hate, by just explaining why, if you wish to understand, re-watch it and pay attention to the MC.

I completely agree with the fact that he's a realistic character, I just didn't like him that's all. Completely my personal preference :)
Sep 22, 2020 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
My favorite romance story to this day. I watched the 1st White Album which looked promising but turned out to be rather disappointing, although the songs were good!

But this one...set in the same universe yet with new characters and no requirement to watch the former, was a whole different beast. It blew me & many others away & looked up VN info after. I hear sometimes next year it's gonna get a full translation too - hype.

But yea, the characters & romance in this are phenomenal, IMO, and it's incredibly atmospheric throughout. The songs themselves are like spoilers in a good way if you pay attention to the lyrics .

The 1st half & a bit beyond is rather chill, a slow but much needed build-up towards the great event, the festival, Haruki, Setsuna & Kazusa's happiest moment throughout their school lives, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel that's a speeding train of drama about to hit, and I was ready to let it hit me in all it's glory 😂

You either blame all 3 of the characters for what happens later or none. Sure we can point out to a lot of "he should've done this, she should've done that, etc!" but feelings don't usually work like that & hindsight is 20/20. These three are always fairly mature for their age & pretty talented & capable in their own ways but mistakes were bound to happen.

- Setsuna wants it all, her best friend nearby & Haruki as a lover

- Kazusa wants Haruki but never made any moves towards that until it was too late

- Haruki wanted Kazusa the most but didn't think she'd have eyes for him, especially with how it being rather hard to tell with her, and was also developing feelings for Setsuna. There's no way he could've refused her at the point of confession and then as is often the case in these romance-drama stories, the heart wants what it wants...

There's be a bunch to talk about this series, but imma leave it at this.
Jan 4, 2021 8:11 PM

May 2015
Definitely my newest addition to my guilty pleasure, it blews Kuzu no Honkai completely out of the water. I'd say it's the only visual novel adaptation other than steins;gate that did so well, clearly surpassing my expectation. I thought it was gonna be some trashy drama tearjerker shenanigans, oh boy how wrong I was. I still hate how similar the MC is to the School Days'. At least he can control his dick (not until the prologue for the last episode starts rolling...)

10/10, my best guilty pleasure yet. I should've watched this anime a long time ago... But I don't know if I can fully enjoy it like now, I became such a degenerate lol
Feb 24, 2021 3:26 PM

Sep 2015
Loved it. Few animes are as realistic as White Album 2. The time comes when one gets tired of watching a lot of romance animes with the same clichés. But WA2 it's loyal to its history and characters until the end. We know that most romances do not works and forced happy endings are very unrealistics (it not means that it's something bad, because it's a fictional show and the word fiction says it all but it's a pleasure when a show like this exists).

Setsuna knows that what she did was bad but she is a teenager in love. She even understands Haruki's feelings not only in the end but also during the relationship. She knows he didn't love her as much as she did. And obviously, she also knew that Kazusa was retaining her feelings. We can be critical of her, of course. She was too selfish when she wanted to stay the three of them together forever. That was impossible since the beginning knowing Kazusa's true feelings.

I loved it even when Kazusa rejects Haruki the first time and then she gives in. She always loved him and love is more powerful than right actions, we know that. But I loved even more that she went off from Japan and decided not to stay with Haruki. I think that's the key to its great final. Nothing was forced, what happens in WA2 happens more often in real life that we could even imagine.
dylelouchFeb 24, 2021 3:30 PM
Mar 16, 2021 9:53 PM

May 2016
Not sure what to say about this. One of the worst i've ever seen. down with school days cuckery. christ, this has a 7.7 for that? I swear there has to be some error. i just wasted 4 hours watching this POS.
Dec 29, 2021 1:08 PM
Jul 2011
I loved it, will rewatch.
Dec 29, 2021 2:38 PM

Mar 2020
I hated it, pure lost of time.

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Jan 11, 2022 5:26 AM
Apr 2021
Loved it, shows relationships are very complex things. Needs a sequel!
Jan 11, 2022 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Pure hatred. Not for the mother but got the black hair to abandon the one person who cared for her for the one person who traveled around the world abandoning her. Rather have Ckannad initial ending.
Jan 11, 2022 11:44 AM
Oct 2021
I didn't like it. Kazusa was a bitch. She gave the MC a cold shoulder and then expected him to know her feelings for him when she had her breakdown in the second half. I guess her past with her mom explains her behaviour. I still find it extremely strange she left both of them for her mom when she cried over Haruki all the time. She also had sex with her best friends bf despite valuing their relationship so much. She clearly had issues.

The MC was no better, he was a lying cheater and couldn't control his emotions.

I only liked and could relate to Satsuna to an extent despite that she can be seen as a manipulator. I just felt she was too kind.

The ending was a mess too, but I didn't like it mostly for the 2 characters. Whoever made this anime, clearly favoured Kazusa.
Jan 15, 2022 7:52 PM
Jan 2022
Kazusa and ketsuna deserve better

The hell that monkey rotten mc looks like he just playing the girls heart to have fun that horny bastard after sex he still have nerve to kiss setsuna,the hell is that mc then in the station they're kissing front of setsuna it's really pissed me off want me to bat his head and pull out his brain scattered on the ground

Not like in "A lull in the sea" even his friends girls confessed they're fellings to him but still chasing his true love even it's already 5 years ago that one day the girl he loved his gonna love him back too. You gonna like this anime for sure i recommend this "A lull in the sea" and "clannad/clannad after story too.

Sorry for my english ^v^✌️
vliaNzJan 15, 2022 8:46 PM
Jan 26, 2022 12:08 AM

Jun 2020
I want to destroy my laptop after watching this but then I realized I would be wasting money if I did that.

Feb 13, 2022 3:12 PM
Sep 2021
Kamikoto_kl said:
Yeah I feel quite the same as the rest. I gave it a seven though it deserves an 8.ut was great but I couldn't handle how much of a dick he was to the ginger (been a year since I watched it) and then to not give a fuck when she has such strong feelings to follow him to the airport despite knowing he ang th piano girl had sex. It's so annoying. That's how not to end this kinda romance. So let's hope we can have a s2 for the ginger to be happy and even the piano as I think there was the mc's friend who had a crush and yay happy ending. If there's one of those in the vn. Nonetheless, one day I will surely play it to do what I thought would of been a happier ending.
Anime adaptations sometimes go for the bitter endings if Taking all the routes and climaxing with a Main one shows no potential
Feb 13, 2022 3:34 PM
Feb 2022
Hated it, Thai brunette and the guy don't deserve it.
May 9, 2022 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
Im_futsu said:
Hated it, Thai brunette and the guy don't deserve it.

Thai brunette? 55555555555555

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.