Forum Settings
Forums

Has someone judged you for watching/liking anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 2, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2014
I don't think someone has directly made fun of me for liking anime, and if they have, it's usually light-hearted. But then again, I'm not quite open about how much I love anime. Only my close friends and family know I watch it.
Jan 2, 2015 6:58 PM

Jun 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
They have tried. I just brushed them off. Right now, I am at the point where I have no friends and I rarely socialize. I pretty much don't give a damn anymore. Since I do not socialize, nobody says anything about me and is not butting into my hobbies, which in turn also means nobody judges me.

I cri everytim.
Jan 2, 2015 7:03 PM
Dec 2013
not really sure there are some annoying people who come with the classic "wow you still watch cartoons?" but thankfully there are many in my class who watch animes so we just say fuck off and continue watching anime during classes
Jan 2, 2015 7:07 PM
Dec 2014
Well most of my friends are...pretty and mean so they are very judgmental when it comes to anime. However I joined anime club against their grace and made a bunch of new friends! Screw them anime/manga lover for life, wished I had the courage to join earlier.
One does not simply watch anime.
Jan 2, 2015 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
Plenty has, but the thing is that I give no fucks, no fucks at all. Seriously I don't give a shit about people and their impression of me, what they think of me is none of my business.
Almost every single one of my friends know I watch anime, they also know that I am into hardcore anime related stuff (hentai included) and often make fun of my no life Sedentary lifestyle, but they say it to my face so that makes it lot more easier for me to laugh along with them talking about my miserable life. But hey, that's what I chose to do and I regret nothing.
I get along with them all regardless of their judgemental personality. Truth be told, the one I struggle to get along with are casual anime lovers because our thoughts and opinions on say "this particular Anime/s" confronts with each other's. Usually starting with the most controversiall "Anime is not a cartoon" debate, and me insisting on it is just to piss them off even more :DDD
I'm never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.
Jan 2, 2015 7:50 PM

Feb 2014
Friends I don't really care bout some think its childish other watch it themselves.

1 girl wouldn't go out with me cuz I watched anime that pissed me off. Thought it was immature don't even know how it came up :(
Jan 2, 2015 11:37 PM

Jan 2015
Yes of course, it seems as if people don't understand that just because it's animated, doesn't mean it's for children. And of course it doesn't help none of my friends like anime.

Ugh.. the struggle.
"Bang"
-Spike Spiegel
Jan 2, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
my mother calls me a pedophile every time she sees my facebook
Jan 3, 2015 12:17 AM
Sep 2014
fuck society im a hikimori
Aug 22, 2015 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Yes for these anime in the bad way
Code Geass
Steins Gate
Digimon Series including Tamers and Adventure
Clannad/ Clannad After Story
Nadia the secret the blue water
Neon Genesis Evangelion
World Trigger
Black Butler 1 and Book of circus...
TBH I love those anime but I don't know why people are bashing those anime when they haven't even watched it
removed-userAug 22, 2015 8:33 AM
Aug 22, 2015 8:31 AM

May 2014
azurenflugel said:
Most of my friends think anime is weird. They think it's childish because it's a show for kids. Do you feel offended when someone tells you that?

😒
Aug 22, 2015 8:31 AM

Sep 2014
No,
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

15 by SnipeStrike »»
2 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

28 by SnipeStrike »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

23 by SnipeStrike »»
7 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9068 by BlackSpectrum »»
9 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 9 hours ago

15 by SnipeStrike »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.