Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 1, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
The OST (Vol. 1) itself was released a week ago, but it's finally... circulating.
This thread is just to discuss SAO II's OST, compare it with the first season identify tracks, ect.
First, a list of the tracks.
01 gunland
02 the psychedelic world
03 Death Gun
04 think tenderly of you
05 daily life, you and me
06 something is strange
07 creeping up
08 unnaturally tense
09 inside information
10 concerning operation
11 a pressing danger
12 shooting it out
13 where's my enemy?
14 they start fighting
15 continuing suspense
16 she has to overcome her fear
17 goodbye, again and again
18 no-escape
19 her actual world
20 her cruel past
21 looking back on those days
22 her tragic memory
23 crooked mind
24 a brisk conversation
25 he, or she?
26 shooting 'em up!
27 quickly and without fail
28 drive your way
29 Bullet of Bullets
30 another state of emergency
31 I'm always thinking of you
32 so I met her
33 a bleak and desolate land
34 she's a knockout!
35 fighting hard and close
36 you are the winnner!
37 peace, again

Now for two tracks I'm sure some people will ask about:

1. Gunland-plays in the episode PVs and (I think) during the fight with Death Gun.
28. Drive your way-during Death Gun fight, when Kiriko slashes DG.

Side note: don't post links to the OSTs. If people aren't smart enough by now to find that shit by themselves, they should learn how to on their own.
Jan 1, 2015 10:43 AM

Mar 2011
I like this OST a lot, especially Gunland (being a remix of Swordland, that was a given) and some other ones. The main problem is that my "favorite" tracks will probably be in volume 2 since they were used during MR. Namely, the remix of Luminous sword, which is for me way better than the original.
Listening to Gunland or this track, it looks like they wanted to use things like flute a lot more than in the first season, and I actually like it better this way (and I still find the first season's ost awesome). The flute on these two tracks gives a very good effect, fits well with ALO and everything.
GGO's ost is quite..."particular" SAO-wise, since it's very steampunk (of course, since it was used in GGO) and indeed manages to get the idea right. Some things really sound like dubstep, which surprised me. I like it a lot. It just sounds very different from the usual SAO/Kajiura so it was quite a surprise.
I also find the "emotional" tracks better than in S1. Or rather, they were also good in S1, but it was more like "one or two tracks are awesome, the rest are okay". When it comes to sad music (or music in genera) I find SAO2 to be more even than S1. .Which is why aside from the two remixes I mentioned earlier I'd have a hard time deciding of a favorite track.
Jan 1, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
willardhwright said:
I like this OST a lot, especially Gunland (being a remix of Swordland, that was a given) and some other ones. The main problem is that my "favorite" tracks will probably be in volume 2 since they were used during MR. Namely, the remix of Luminous sword, which is for me way better than the original.
Listening to Gunland or this track, it looks like they wanted to use things like flute a lot more than in the first season, and I actually like it better this way (and I still find the first season's ost awesome). The flute on these two tracks gives a very good effect, fits well with ALO and everything.
GGO's ost is quite..."particular" SAO-wise, since it's very steampunk (of course, since it was used in GGO) and indeed manages to get the idea right. Some things really sound like dubstep, which surprised me. I like it a lot. It just sounds very different from the usual SAO/Kajiura so it was quite a surprise.
I also find the "emotional" tracks better than in S1. Or rather, they were also good in S1, but it was more like "one or two tracks are awesome, the rest are okay". When it comes to sad music (or music in genera) I find SAO2 to be more even than S1. .Which is why aside from the two remixes I mentioned earlier I'd have a hard time deciding of a favorite track.

The flute was a hit-or-miss for me listening to the OST by itself. It sounded really out of place in [Quickly and without Fail], but I loved it in gunland.
I never noticed the "dubstep" tracks in most of GGO, so hearing them by themselves was my first time really listening to them-although I'm convinced 65% of the track in any of these were never used.
The emotional tracks were okay. They kind of just sound like a different version of the ones from the first season.
Jan 2, 2015 8:44 AM

Jan 2014
As much as I like SAO soundtrack and Yuki Kajiura, SAO2 ost is inferior to first season's ost, in my opinion. First one was very nice mix of happy/powerful/sad tracks, while this is somehow different. I cant count how many times I've listened to first soundtrack. In my opinion, best work by Yuki Kajiura, Madoka comes close second.
This soundtrack is more electronic, than classical, different to first season. I'm fine with electronic music, but I think Yuki Kajiura is not as fascinating in electronic tracks as in emotional and epic tracks, like "A tender feeling", "a tiny love", "Lacie's melody", "Sis puella magica", and in my opinion her best track - "swordland".

Still I love this soundtrack, just not as much as first season's, which is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time (i have ~70gb mp3 files of various soundtracks on my pc)
Vol2 is gonna be even more beautiful, i believe.
Jan 2, 2015 10:28 AM

Jan 2015
Yohimo_asakura said:
As much as I like SAO soundtrack and Yuki Kajiura, SAO2 ost is inferior to first season's ost, in my opinion. First one was very nice mix of happy/powerful/sad tracks, while this is somehow different. I cant count how many times I've listened to first soundtrack. In my opinion, best work by Yuki Kajiura, Madoka comes close second.
This soundtrack is more electronic, than classical, different to first season. I'm fine with electronic music, but I think Yuki Kajiura is not as fascinating in electronic tracks as in emotional and epic tracks, like "A tender feeling", "a tiny love", "Lacie's melody", "Sis puella magica", and in my opinion her best track - "swordland".

Still I love this soundtrack, just not as much as first season's, which is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time (i have ~70gb mp3 files of various soundtracks on my pc)

Yeah, I kind of did miss hearing more OST's from the first season in SAO II. Although I guess that might take away some satisfaction from SAO II soundtrack release (since it comes with the BDs and people could think that the first season's tracks are also in there.).
Jan 2, 2015 9:42 PM

Mar 2011
Yohimo_asakura said:

This soundtrack is more electronic, than classical, different to first season.

I like it this way, but I still would have liked the "classical" part too. Well. Basically I'm stuck between "my tastes" and "........but that was the best thing to do even if I don't like it.
Since, again, it is supposed to go with the "gritty-steampunk" of GGO, and when it comes to this, well. I may not listen to GGO's themes very often, we'll see (aside from gunland and some others), but it definitely was fitting here, so...
Even if it's not my favorite type of OST, I cannot really say anything bad about it. It was certainly all about capturing the atmosphere of the game in the first place. According to my tastes I liked GGO less than S1, but as an OST (not taking my tastes into account, I don't care about my own tastes, they may and will change, etc) I think it's well done. The only thing is that it's...yeah. Different. Again some themes look very dubstep-like, that was quite surprising.

Well, it WILL be here, for the "classical" ones, just.......... In some months? Does someone have an idea of when the second ost will be released? I'd guess something around 2 or 3 months but...
willardhwrightJan 2, 2015 9:46 PM
Jan 3, 2015 12:54 AM
Aug 2012
The second half's OST has some based on Kara no Kyoukai's OSTs, which are awesome.
Jan 3, 2015 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
willardhwright said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

This soundtrack is more electronic, than classical, different to first season.

I like it this way, but I still would have liked the "classical" part too. Well. Basically I'm stuck between "my tastes" and "........but that was the best thing to do even if I don't like it.
Since, again, it is supposed to go with the "gritty-steampunk" of GGO, and when it comes to this, well. I may not listen to GGO's themes very often, we'll see (aside from gunland and some others), but it definitely was fitting here, so...
Even if it's not my favorite type of OST, I cannot really say anything bad about it. It was certainly all about capturing the atmosphere of the game in the first place. According to my tastes I liked GGO less than S1, but as an OST (not taking my tastes into account, I don't care about my own tastes, they may and will change, etc) I think it's well done. The only thing is that it's...yeah. Different. Again some themes look very dubstep-like, that was quite surprising.

Well, it WILL be here, for the "classical" ones, just.......... In some months? Does someone have an idea of when the second ost will be released? I'd guess something around 2 or 3 months but...

OST vol 2 will be included in SAO2 BD vol7:
Title: Sword Art Online Ⅱ” Volume 7 (BD/DVD)
Release Date: April 22, 2015

Yeah I totally agree, such electronic, dubstep-like tracks fit GGO atmosphere really well, I didnt say anything that it's bad either. What I meant is that if I listen to it as a stand alone album, this OST is not as fascinating as first season's OST. And in my opinion, Yuki Kajiura is not as godlike in writing electronic music.

cant wait for this to be released, it was played in ep22:
TapuTapuuJan 3, 2015 11:38 AM
Jan 5, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
Both Season's osts were fairly weak in comparison to most Kajiura's other soundtracks imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.