Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, first post on 20 year old anime, quite suprised at that. I'll admit it's an odd one, but it wasn't thát bad. This really seems to be a forgotten one.

On topic: I've rarely been left with so many questions after watching a show. Did I understand correctly, was Ines Yayoi's great-great-grandmother, and did she fall in love with her great-great-granddaughter's boyfriend?

Also, what were they thinking with this anime? It feels like an after-season OVA or a pilot, not a stand alone release, and I feel kinda sad really. It's like an authentic Cowboy Bebop. What I mean by that is not that Cowboy Bebop wasn't amazing, because it was, but Cowboy Bebop created the particular atmosphere it had on purpose. Bounty Dog seems to possess it almost naturally. It has so much (equally forgotten) potential.
LeknaatAug 14, 2023 1:22 AM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 25, 2017 7:19 AM
DarkFlame Master

Aug 2015
It felt rushed and just weird in general, I feel it would be better if it had 24 episodes

P.D Stop comparing it to C.B
May 26, 2017 1:20 AM

Jan 2014
Sickpuppy said:
It felt rushed and just weird in general, I feel it would be better if it had 24 episodes

Lol that's a long way from a two-episode OVA to a double cour series. You're probably right though. I suspect it's a typical case of cramming too much ambition into too little content and relatively too small a budget.

Why do you dislike me comparing it to CB though? I mean, the similarities are obvious.
- Mishima Hitomi
May 26, 2017 7:11 AM
DarkFlame Master

Aug 2015
Laionidas said:
Sickpuppy said:

Lol that's a long way from a two-episode OVA to a double cour series. You're probably right though. I suspect it's a typical case of cramming too much ambition into too little content and relatively too small a budget.

Why do you dislike me comparing it to CB though? I mean, the similarities are obvious.

I think every premise could work with enough time and the right staff, this ova got some names the only thing it was left was the time of production and a purpose
I guess but I don't like when EVERYONE brings up c.b when talking about this ova, it's annoying.
May 27, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Sickpuppy said:
Laionidas said:

I think every premise could work with enough time and the right staff, this ova got some names the only thing it was left was the time of production and a purpose
I guess but I don't like when EVERYONE brings up c.b when talking about this ova, it's annoying.

Yeah, but there's a reason EVERYONE brings up CB.

I don't mean to make the comparison in a bad way, I won't say one is better or worse than the other, at least not on a thematic level.
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 31, 2018 2:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
After watching both Ovas I can say that it´s not bad, maybe the worst problem is the development hurried and lacking in details, but the draw, the music and the mix of action and blood were perfect.

6/10 for this Ova!
Nov 13, 2018 5:44 PM

Jun 2013
I don't like this. Very confusing, without a "real" start for story.
Mar 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Aug 2017
This is the yellowest anime I've ever seen. Nice animation and designs too (both chara and mech). Too bad the story or the characters wasn't developed. Some production designs you can find in "Appleseed Hypernotes", btw.
Apr 24, 2023 5:35 AM

Jan 2016
it was okayish, feels like it had a lot of potential and with better budget could have been a very good movie, but why the hell are the clones of a super advanced ancient race made to protect their scientific station are so weak and dumb?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bounty Dog: Getsumen no Eve Episode 1 Discussion

BlokeTokes - Dec 1, 2014

1 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 30, 2018 2:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.