Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great ending to these episodes. Really liked how some of the action and humor were done overall. Senjougahara also makes an appearance an what a tease that was.

Ononoki's roles in this were cleverly done as well with her actions. Well she has her reasons of getting rid of Teori. It looks like she will be staying with Araragi for awhile too. ED song was great.

ED card
Dec 31, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2012
so... no announce for new season? :((
Dec 31, 2014 7:07 AM

Nov 2011
pikeman1 said:

Unfortunately, no. There was no announcement of anything :/
Dec 31, 2014 7:51 AM

Aug 2012
Amazing show.

can't wait for the raws to finish download and screen cap all of it.

I loved how everything was new, the backgrounds, the monlogue cards, etc...
"There’s a wall between the normal and the abnormal—that way of thinking was wrong from the beginning. Of course, you have to differentiate between the normal and the abnormal, and you won’t be able to live if you don’t, but this and that are like bordering countries—over here and over there are connected." ~Senjougahara Hitagi~
Dec 31, 2014 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
pikeman1 said:
They'll animate everything is due time, I'm guessing Owarimonogatari will get a whole TV series instead of a special and will come out next though, maybe Fall if we are lucky.
Dec 31, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
i love the whole foreshadowing of becoming an adult
even when oshino ouji states that "the more u lose the more you mature" it just gives me chills

cuz after seeing hana (which is the last part of the story, for now who knows what nisio wants to do) we realize how mature araragi has become. to the point where he is still araragi but you can tell there was a great deal of maturity.

i think the reason i liked tsuki more than hana is because hana seemed liked a conclusion and conclusions aren't really "fun" per say, they are just to wrap everything up.

From here on out I'm really excited to see the rest of the adaptions….just know shits bout to go down
Dec 31, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
Moodie said:
even when oshino ouji states that "the more u lose the more you mature" it just gives me chills

cuz after seeing hana (which is the last part of the story, for now who knows what nisio wants to do) we realize how mature araragi has become. to the point where he is still araragi but you can tell there was a great deal of maturity.

i think the reason i liked tsuki more than hana is because hana seemed liked a conclusion and conclusions aren't really "fun" per say, they are just to wrap everything up.

From here on out I'm really excited to see the rest of the adaptions….just know shits bout to go down

if you get the foreshadowed statements made by Tadatsuru, you'll get more excited though.
Dec 31, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
yukaru00 said:
Moodie said:

if you get the foreshadowed statements made by Tadatsuru, you'll get more excited though.
i did as well

god how i love this series so much, i hope the complexity isn't going over peoples heads tbh it would be a shame if ppl are just taking it at face value
moodieDec 31, 2014 11:42 AM
Dec 31, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2010
Moodie said:

god how i love this series so much, i hope the complexity isn't going over peoples heads tbh it would be a shame if ppl are just taking it at face value

To be honest,
Tsukimonogatari didnt have much underlying stuff compared to SS, Hana and Owari 1.
I just hope Shaft doesn't blow on Ougi Formula. That was best Monogatari shit after Kabuki book.
Dec 31, 2014 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
yukaru00 said:
Moodie said:

To be honest,
Tsukimonogatari didnt have much underlying stuff compared to SS, Hana and Owari 1.
I just hope Shaft doesn't blow on Ougi Formula. That was best Monogatari shit after Kabuki book.
have they really "blown it" when it comes to the gatari series

unlike their other works besides madoka it seems that they are putting a lot of effort in this it seems that not only is the big sales helping them out but the staff at shaft studio really do enjoy this series. Even tho shinbo isn't the only man directing it it seems that this is exactly what he wanted to make for the longest. I've seen his older stuff and this series is really tailor made for the likes of him
Dec 31, 2014 12:15 PM

Mar 2010
Moodie said:
have they really "blown it" when it comes to the gatari series

unlike their other works besides madoka it seems that they are putting a lot of effort in this it seems that not only is the big sales helping them out but the staff at shaft studio really do enjoy this series. Even tho shinbo isn't the only man directing it it seems that this is exactly what he wanted to make for the longest. I've seen his older stuff and this series is really tailor made for the likes of him

kabuki. blown too much. animu felt inferior than the book itself.
or maybe it is just me and and my head.
Dec 31, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
Man the whole thing was just fantastic, and everything introduced here and only made my excitement for the rest of the final season grow stronger.
Dec 31, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing!
Absolutely enjoyed it and that OST at the hour mark was amazing.
9/10
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 31, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Completely ragey ending to an awesome OVA(?) or whatever Tsuki is. And ending it with ClariS's new song "border/broder" is just the icing on the cake. What a way to bring in the New Year. The rest of Final Season should be epic.
Dec 31, 2014 2:53 PM
Feb 2008
Finished watching it all right now. It was great.
Dec 31, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
Lovely interaction between Ononoki and Shinobu once again
Dec 31, 2014 3:19 PM

Feb 2014
Does anyone know what this is? Was strolling in /a/ on a monogatari thread and found this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYXusSjThKk

Seems like another Hanekawa arc? although I'm pretty sure it has to be something else since I thought they finished with her arcs
Dec 31, 2014 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
mugi said:
ne0tas said:
Does anyone know what this is? Was strolling in /a/ on a monogatari thread and found this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYXusSjThKk

Seems like another Hanekawa arc? although I'm pretty sure it has to be something else since I thought they finished with her arcs

That's just a commercial for a recent Nisio books that was released. I guess the joke was that Horie Yui wanted a spin-off novel with Hanekawa so Nisio wrote this. It's doesn't have anything to do with Monogatari though (I think), the character isn't Hanekawa.

ah gotcha. Any clue as to if it might get animated?

edit: scratch that. do you know what it's called?
ne0tasDec 31, 2014 3:44 PM
Dec 31, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2010
VanishingKira said:
Okitegami Kyoko no Bibouroku

people keep messing up the last word.
fixed.
Dec 31, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2010
That was pretty amazing yet again!

Ononoki getting the spotlight, I really enjoyed the part as they were walking to the shrine and what Araragi wanted as his ideal resolution. The crane game with Araragi taking his time just really added to the "doll" feeling. Ononoki interacting with others while doing her own thing was quite enjoyable!

With her staying in the Araragi household for a while. Can't say how much I've enjoyed seeing this!
Dec 31, 2014 4:44 PM

Feb 2012
Had some boring parts, but was ok after all, the confrontation with that dude at the shrine was nice.

Wonder what will they bring out next.
Dec 31, 2014 5:02 PM
Nov 2014
Are we never going to see Oshino Meme again?
Dec 31, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
That was good.
Dem interactions b/n Shinobu and Yotsugi xD
Wonder what's next...
Dec 31, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
That was a great watch, last anime of the year for me. I can't believe how much I missed Senjougahara, it was great seeing her again.

Man this feels like a big teaser for what to come :O

I NEEED MORE
Dec 31, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2014
It was over too fast

Dec 31, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2009
wait so shinobu bit him at the end? so does that mean he's a vampire now? damn. i was looking forward to him turning into full vampire too.
Dec 31, 2014 6:37 PM

Oct 2013
pikeman1 said:

They already announced that all the novels will be adapted
I write a Light Novel (Spanish) You can read it here(Blogger)
I also code RPG games in C and Java as a hobby
Dec 31, 2014 8:04 PM

May 2012
Once again this series never ceases to amaze me.

This was a great story about both Araragi and Ononoki. I may be mistaken but I feel like the real story is it took Ononoki, a doll, a monster to teach Araragi who was becoming a monster to be human. Also Ononoki now becoming his companion he doesn't need to use his vampire powers and in a since stay the way he is. Human. Great to see how much Araragi has matured stated by Ougi. Coming from Neko (black) to now you can really see that. Even with that being said he still the same perverted silly guy. Also did Senjougahara get cutter? Anyway another great series.

10/10. Also if I wrong about the monster thing let me know.
Dec 31, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2012
Loved it, as usual. The themes explored weren't anything extravagant but I think that was necessary for us to properly look at Araragi's character. This was definitely a great way to get the ball rolling on the final stretch of his growth, and Ononoki was absolutely the perfect cast for the role. Only complaint is that I think knowing Kizu provides more insight into Araragi and what he's faced with in relation to what he's already gone through, so those who haven't read it may miss a tiny bit in the presentation, though that isn't necessarily what's important about this story.

I think the backgrounds and effects were better than ever on this one, particularly the scene outside the burnt down cram school before Gaen called Kagenui. Hopefully more to come in Final Season.

Well, I guess I'll read all of Koyomimonogatari that's translated for now since it's there, but I wish BT would pick up on Owari or at least some of SS.

Oh, and obligatory "Kizu fucking when!"
AlexTheRiotDec 31, 2014 8:35 PM
Dec 31, 2014 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
So Tsukimonogatari concluded with Araragi having to find where Oshino is and having Ononoki stay with him for a while.

Senjougahara seems to be a little acting cute this episode - "Koyokoyo".

After finishing this it seems as though Tadatsuru is the only one who didnt do the headtilt.

What a good series to end the year, I hope 2015 will have a lot of decent anime.

Overall 8/10.
YuriismDec 31, 2014 8:31 PM
Dec 31, 2014 9:40 PM

Jul 2010
Another fantastic story.I guess it's finally time for me to say that...Monogatari never disappoints me? It's been so many full/short seasons and i'm still watching it like under some spell asking for more.Relations of characters in this series are just as gold as always.I mean, look at Shinobu and Yotsugi playing in snow (lmao) or Koyokoyo and Tsukihi in bath - now some people say that this one is incest, but i just can't see it this way when i see idiot Aragi smiling like pedobear and Tsukihi doing weird poses xd
OST fit perfectly in some moments, there has been moments in MS when i thought that they could do better with OST, but they nailed it for most parts in Tsukimonogatari.Animation...right, i probably don't have to say anything about animation.
Oh, and seeing Senjougahara for that moment at the end after that whole awesome watch made a great start of 2015 for me.

In general, another solid 9/10 and i'm hoping to see more of MS in near/ future.
incompleteAEGISDec 31, 2014 9:44 PM
Dec 31, 2014 9:52 PM

May 2013
Welp, Ononoki just beat around the bush haha.

Hitagi! Oh my gosh, I missed you big time! Dat ending too and it kinda feels odd about the new song from ClariS (mainly because of the new member but I'll get used to it soon). 8/10, please Shaft, make Kizu quick and the other ones after Tsuki.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 31, 2014 10:52 PM

Feb 2013
Yes. This was good stuff as always. It was a nice way to finish the year.
Can't wait for the adaptation of the rest of the Final Season!
Dec 31, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2014
Great show as expected from Shaft

Now we wait for them to animate the last of the Monogatari series and........Kizumonogatari
Dec 31, 2014 11:14 PM

Nov 2011
Kurogashi said:
wait so shinobu bit him at the end? so does that mean he's a vampire now? damn. i was looking forward to him turning into full vampire too.

Those are the bite marks from spring break, they were permanent. Hes had them the entire time, which is why he grows his hair out in Hana so he can hide the marks.
Jan 1, 2015 12:11 AM

May 2012
Missed this the first, but does Hanekawa have all white hair now?
Jan 1, 2015 12:27 AM

Jan 2014
Great end to tie in the rest of final season. Once again Shaft comes up with amazing visuals and animations... the flash screens were different this time. Yep, that was the best way to spend the new year. Also every girl was practically mentioned in this one.
Jan 1, 2015 1:18 AM

Jan 2013
8.5/10
I wanted to see more Senjougahara, but that animation was so great hardly a break to see it though with all the dialogue. Very strange way to end the arc
Jan 1, 2015 1:56 AM

May 2013
Tadatsuru and Kagenui is cursed to never walk on ground ever. That's so deep and intimately astonishing.
The Fire Sisters and Kanbaru got folded inside that box and is asleep. Haha!

Hitagi showed up! Valentines day chocolate! No matter how many times I see that, I still can't get used to her assaults on Koyomi.
I hoped for Hanekawa to also be seen. Oh well.

That was so awesome! I hope the other parts get animated sooner than next year. I'm still waiting for it all, Shaft.

"Unlimited Rulebook, I said with a posed look" - Ononoki, Yotsugi
Jan 1, 2015 3:39 AM

Jul 2014
God, that was glorious. Loved it. holy shit do i miss the Monogatari series.

Kagenui teasing Shinobu was gold, i loved it0 :3

a strong 9/10

I WANT MOAR MONOGATARI.
Jan 1, 2015 3:43 AM

Oct 2013
Great show which shows everything the franchise should be. Good way to finish the year of 2014 and hopefully start a new year filled with other great shows in 2015.
Jan 1, 2015 4:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Some delicious wincest vibes at the beginning and the ending for once, always shows the best of what Monogatari has to offer (which in itself is pretty ironic). I like how Tsuki focuses almost solely on more or less all the best girls of the entire series. That being said, as always, the story itself is very unimpressive so for the vast majority of it, it really fails to stay interesting, at least when it's actually being somewhat serious. Despite that though I'd still say this was probably the best entry in the Monogatari Series since Nise to me.

7/10
Jan 1, 2015 4:33 AM

Dec 2013
Gosh Shaft. Making me fall more and more in love with Tsukihi.
Dat Senjougahara scene <3 Missed my waifu so much.
A good solid 8.5/10.
*still waiting for news surrounding Kizumonogatari*
Jan 1, 2015 6:52 AM

Feb 2013
Well damn that was great. Refreshing way to start 2015, wish it was longer... Enjoyed every second of it. 9/10

Jan 1, 2015 7:01 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, it was much much better than Hana.
9/10.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 1, 2015 7:13 AM
May 2014
VanishingKira said:
Really interested in that thing about everyone (with the exception of Oshino & Kaiki) being "casted"?

Teori getting killed by Yotsugi,inadvertently doing exactly what he was "casted" to do in the first place,to destroy Koyomi's image of Yotsugi from a cute little girl to a bakemono.

Seems things are going to get really interesting in the remain arcs.

I get the same vibe as you
The title itself (monogatari series) Might as well refers to the series of manipulation by ougi (idk always breaking the fourth wall, always seem to know the story told in the ep. Giving the vibe of the final boss of the story) Hence, the title.
OML my signature was edgy. lol
Jan 1, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
Did they have a lower budget this season? The animation felt less 'SHAFT' compared to the previous seasons. For example when they were talking in the previous seasons, their mouths had some sort of 'rythm' when they talk but that was completely gone.....

They also replaced those red, black, blue, white screens as well. And I noticed no head tilts e.e...
3/10
9/10. Amazing series as usual. Haven't seen the gatari series in months, this felt so refreshing.
"Hi!"
Jan 1, 2015 7:54 AM

Jan 2013
They fucked up the last (and only) conversation between Tadatsuru and Yotsugi. It should've been much more dramatic (kind of).

Other than that, music is the freaking best, visual is also top notch. I'm satisfied.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 1, 2015 8:38 AM

Dec 2013
Satisfactory conclusion. I like that Ononoki made up with Koyomi in the end if you can call it so. I started to liked her character with this short series. Nice story and fan-service. The only minus for me is that 'movie' format. I prefer full Monogatari series. 6.5/10
Jan 1, 2015 8:42 AM

Dec 2012
That was great, I've really come to appreciate these series. A true treat for the fans in multiple ways.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsukimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2014

49 by RioFS »»
Mar 22, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Tsukimonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2014

54 by RioFS »»
Mar 22, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Tsukimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2014

103 by RioFS »»
Mar 19, 4:57 AM

» Is Araragi the best dancer in anime history

Khalnayak2002 - Oct 28, 2022

6 by Ashikhi »»
Oct 29, 2022 4:22 PM

» Ononoki

Bluagrana33 - Sep 3, 2022

33 by rog1gor »»
Sep 6, 2022 12:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.