Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 9, 2015 2:46 PM

Yes it is. It's a good show, but it's not that great for me to deserve 8.5+. 7-8/10 would be fine i guess...

Jan 11, 2015 12:57 AM

I think the score proves it all.I mean not really but most people enjoy it, don't they? It don't simply reach such score by just a person or two. You dislike the show, fine but that is based on your own opinion. Everyone got their own opinion and there's only two choices, like or dislike. And so, what the hell is this thread for anyway? Overrated or whatsoever. It's a never ending topic.
Modified by XsamX, Jan 11, 2015 1:01 AM

Jan 17, 2015 10:51 PM

If you add a couple zeros at it's ranking position then I'd think it'd be justified

Jan 20, 2015 4:46 AM

dustinator1991 said:
It doesn't change the fact that Kill La Kill was still good.
That's not a fact.

Jan 20, 2015 5:23 AM

StrayBotato said:
dustinator1991 said:
It doesn't change the fact that Kill La Kill was still good.
That's not a fact.
I for one thing don't like Kill la Kill nor it's similar Gurren Lagann, but I can understand why people love it. It is pure fun, if you go in with your brain off. What kept bothering me is that kind of animation, I really don't like it.

Now that I have said that, I have really enjoyed NGNL. What I couldn't accomplish with Kill la Kill I managed with NGNL. It might be overrated for some, but to be honest it all depends on what you expect. What I expected was a beautiful animation considering MadHouse did that anime, and I got just that. Everything else was just gratis- Fanservice, references to other games and anime, interesting games. Perhaps NGNL is not for everyone, but it is hardly overrated IF (big if) you know what to expect.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Jan 20, 2015 5:27 AM

Jan 20, 2015 5:33 AM
Hug Addict <3

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Jan 20, 2015 5:39 AM

No, it isn't. Some vocal minority are just butthurt that this has a higher rating than the shows they liked more.

Jan 20, 2015 8:07 AM

Dimitrije1606 said:
StrayBotato said:
That's not a fact.
I for one thing don't like Kill la Kill nor it's similar Gurren Lagann, but I can understand why people love it. It is pure fun, if you go in with your brain off. What kept bothering me is that kind of animation, I really don't like it.

Now that I have said that, I have really enjoyed NGNL. What I couldn't accomplish with Kill la Kill I managed with NGNL. It might be overrated for some, but to be honest it all depends on what you expect. What I expected was a beautiful animation considering MadHouse did that anime, and I got just that. Everything else was just gratis- Fanservice, references to other games and anime, interesting games. Perhaps NGNL is not for everyone, but it is hardly overrated IF (big if) you know what to expect.
Kind of what I wanted to say but was lazy to.

-Riptide- said:
No, it isn't. Some vocal minority are just butthurt that an ecchi has a higher rating than the shows they liked more.
Ftfy.

Jan 24, 2015 4:41 PM

Mugen24 said:
If you add a couple zeros at it's ranking position then I'd think it'd be justified

My thoughts exactly, I changed my mind about this show after rewatching it and its a 5 at best. WAY too predictable.

Jan 24, 2015 6:31 PM

If you had to rewatch it to think it is "WAY too predictable", it isn't

Jan 25, 2015 8:42 PM

Not sure if the most over rated but it's definitely over rated on this site. That's not to say it was bad. I enjoyed it, thought it was funny and clever for the most part. Greatest thing about this anime was the art style in my opinion.

All that said, I hope there's a second season. I like where this is going so far.

Jan 26, 2015 4:22 AM
You guys forgot about SAO. Its the definition of overrated
test

Jan 26, 2015 9:50 PM

OppaiSugoi said:
Mugen24 said:

My thoughts exactly, I changed my mind about this show after rewatching it and its a 5 at best. WAY too predictable.

That just sounds wrong on so many levels

Mar 15, 2015 5:47 AM

It definitely is overrated. At least in MAL, because nobody can convince me that this deserves #56, even the people who scored it 10/10. It can be entertaining at times but that's about everything to this show.

But I don't think that it beats the Tokyo Ghoul hype(although manga readers did justice to the score here). And AGK. So NGNL may be #3 most overrated 2014 anime.
Modified by Meritas, Mar 15, 2015 5:57 AM

Mar 15, 2015 6:56 AM

That's a bad way to quote.

Mar 15, 2015 7:33 AM
Hug Addict <3

I'd still definitely have to say Mushishi Zoku Shou S2 would be the most overrated... I mean I know it's a very niche show and it has a lot of sequel effect boosting, but still 8.94 for this show is just a tragedy lol >.>

I don't see any reason why anything from Mushishi should be higher than Aria the Origination at least given that they're very similar shows but it's inferior in just about every way

Mar 15, 2015 7:34 AM

NGNL is underrated. There I said it.

Mar 16, 2015 4:25 AM

Yep it was really overhyped here.
added the fifth most popular anime onto this site

Mar 17, 2015 12:38 AM
Bewb_Lord said:
Seriously I want to know haha

get better taste, sucks to be you hahaha

Mar 18, 2015 12:08 PM

HaXXspetten said:
I'd still definitely have to say Mushishi Zoku Shou S2 would be the most overrated... I mean I know it's a very niche show and it has a lot of sequel effect boosting, but still 8.94 for this show is just a tragedy lol >.>

I don't see any reason why anything from Mushishi should be higher than Aria the Origination at least given that they're very similar shows but it's inferior in just about every way

LOL

Apr 3, 2015 8:25 AM

Of course it's overrated and annoying and I couldn't stand it anymore so I on-hold it. But I'll give it another chance somewhere in the future.
Modified by CogitoErgoSum23, Apr 3, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 4, 2015 5:41 AM

HaXXspetten said:

You on crack m8?

Apr 5, 2015 5:14 AM
三葉

As for me yeah its overrated in MAL that is.

Apr 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Should change the title in:
*Is this the most under rated anime of 2014?*
I'm Joking.
Anyway no, this show is fine

Apr 6, 2015 12:20 AM

No, there were more overrated anime that did not do as well.

Ask if you require more examples/evidence.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Apr 6, 2015 12:41 AM

No it's not. btw i'm still stuck at Mushishi's episode 2 yet it's almost 9.00 on MAL.

Apr 6, 2015 12:49 AM

Take Kaiji, remove suspense, substitute in moe.

It likely is the most overrated series of 2014. Not bad though. Just not worth an 8.00+

Let's be real here. This one is creeping towards SAO's failings with every step. It's the same generic 'badass' MC, the same incest-bait, the same 'forgetting the plot in favour of harem development', the same lack of tension. The only difference is that NLGL at least goes to the effort of having the MC use some degree of intelligence and/or skill to overcome adversity, rather than sheer plot armour.

I still like NGNL. I just have little no no expectations for its next season(s) and think that all the people giving it a 10 are giving it way too much credit for its premise and presentation and forgetting about everything else. -and are likely to be disappointed.
Modified by Caelidesu, Apr 6, 2015 1:01 AM
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.

Apr 6, 2015 1:21 AM
Hug Addict <3

icirate said:
I still like NGNL. I just have little no no expectations for its next season(s) and think that all the people giving it a 10 are giving it way too much credit for its premise and presentation and forgetting about everything else. -and are likely to be disappointed.
You'd be surprised at the direction the series takes from volume 6. I was kind of blown away by how good it suddenly became, even though it almost felt like an entirely different series

Apr 12, 2015 9:37 AM
People argue like everything NGNL sets out to be is bad to begin with. If you criticize the anime based on what it intends to be and compare that to other anime that are in the same league it's way better than any of those. I have been watching anime since 1998 as it aired (well as fast as fansubs were made at that time) and from my experience compared to other escapism anime with fanservice it's not only one of the best, I may say it's even the best.

Apr 30, 2015 9:39 AM

Bewb_Lord said:
the fate community is a joke honestly you cant even ask a question on the fate subforums without being treated like an idiot and if you rate this show an 8.5 or lower be ready to be attacked with walls of text on how it is suppirior to everything and they always use the visual novels as reference its like THAT HAPPENED IN THE VISUAL NOVEL NOT THE ANIME SO SHUT UP honestly its like comparing a manga to an anime there both differant ways to tell the same story haha.
Lol xD Fate franchise itself is rather complicated, so no surprise that you'll be attacked by walls of text if you know nothing of it, such as the route divergence and how each route is different and how Shirou is meant to be portrayed and how F/SN is meant to be a Seinen instead of a Shonen, as well as how power levels and decisions make certain things happen or not happen in each route etc. etc. etc. (plus multiverse etc.)
But good news, even some of the die-hard VN fans are now dissatisfied by the 2nd cour of UBW that is currently airing, lol. Despite the overrating, the 2nd cour actually took a step backwards, less dramatic and some parts seem rushed. So the extreme high score will go down hopefully, since the director is a weak director, I think this adaptation of the 2nd route will not be as highly rated than a proper adaptation which doesn't really existed yet, lol xD Unless I've being proven wrong.

NGNL has a far simpler plot, and indeed, it's highly overrated. Sora and Shiro's smart brains are the only thing that kept me watching so far, or else, this show would fall apart imo, as ecchi won't save it.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]