Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dec 29, 2014 8:09 AM
Hello, could anyone kindly help me organize which one to watch first in the monogatari anime series in order. I want to watch it in order from the frist season to the last to understand the series clearly. I started off randomly and its hard for me to understand. Can anyone also tell me why I should be watching this so for me to get more motivated in finishing the series cause lately some of the early episodes i'ved watched from bakemonogatari and its second season, i find it hard to understand or is it just that way in the beginning cause i really am looking forward in finishing it, i just lack the proper reccommendation on why should i be watching this.

Dec 29, 2014 8:15 AM
In order to watch:

1) Bakemonogatari
2) Nisemonogatari
3) Nekomonogatari: Kuro
4) Monogatari Series (2nd Season)
5) Hanamonogatari
6) Tsukimonogatari (Upcoming season)

There's also Kizumonogatari, which is the prequel to all of the above and will be released as an anime film, though no one knows when.

And you can't quite "finish" it, because the original material (light novel) isn't quite done yet.
Modified by eplipswich, Dec 29, 2014 8:23 AM

Dec 29, 2014 8:21 AM

The order you should watch:

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Nekomonotari

Monogatari Series: Second Season

Hanamonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Chronological order (I don't recommend it) :

Kizumonogatari

Nekomonogatari

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Hanamonogatari

P.S: Tsuki and Kizu weren't released yet.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Dec 29, 2014 9:22 AM

release order is how you should watch it.

i watch this show for 2 reasons. the dialogue (and by extension) the characters are really interesting and unique.

seeing as the show is 90% talking and anime is a visual medium the art better be good too and i think it is masterfully done. having a 10 minute scene where 2 characters sit on a bench and talk is incredibly difficult to animate in an interesting way. this show does it episode after episode.

Dec 29, 2014 9:34 AM

eplipswich said:
In order to watch:

1) Bakemonogatari
2) Nisemonogatari
3) Nekomonogatari: Kuro
4) Monogatari Series (2nd Season)
5) Hanamonogatari
6) Tsukimonogatari (Upcoming season)

There's also Kizumonogatari, which is the prequel to all of the above and will be released as an anime film, though no one knows when.

And you can't quite "finish" it, because the original material (light novel) isn't quite done yet.

This is the best order.

Dec 29, 2014 11:24 AM

the best order is to not even bother at all with this joke of an anime and its fake deep that lures kids into thinking theyre deep cause they force themself to enjoy it

and bakemonogatari is full of leg/feet tease which i happen to love and i still hate the anime so that goes to show how bad the anime actually is and it can't win me over even with tease, ive tried to like it but i just can't
lots of music -

Dec 29, 2014 11:29 AM

incisorr said:
the best order is to not even bother at all with this joke of an anime and its fake deep that lures kids into thinking theyre deep cause they force themself to enjoy it

and bakemonogatari is full of leg/feet tease which i happen to love and i still hate the anime so that goes to show how bad the anime actually is and it can't win me over even with tease, ive tried to like it but i just can't
Projection too much?
FragOutFire said:

Dec 29, 2014 1:39 PM

Thread moved

Thread moved to the Tsukimonogatari board.

Jan 1, 2015 11:55 AM
PriestSlayer said:

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Nekomonotari

Hanamonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Kizumonogatari

Nekomonogatari

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Hanamonogatari

Ok but:

1. Is there anything left to be animated before Kizu (which I guess will be last)?
2. If yes, is that other stuff left to be animated before, after or parallel to Hana?

Jan 1, 2015 11:56 AM

superseiyan said:
PriestSlayer said:

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Nekomonotari

Hanamonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Kizumonogatari

Nekomonogatari

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Hanamonogatari

Ok but:

1. Is there anything left to be animated before Kizu (which I guess will be last)?
2. If yes, is that other stuff left to be animated before, after or parallel to Hana?

kizumonogatari will never happen

Jan 1, 2015 11:57 AM

superseiyan said:
PriestSlayer said:

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Nekomonotari

Hanamonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Kizumonogatari

Nekomonogatari

Bakemonogatari

Nisemonogatari

Tsukimonogatari

Hanamonogatari

Ok but:

There is more stuff, but i don't know if they're parallel to Hana.
FragOutFire said:

Jan 1, 2015 1:07 PM

Here is the thing about the whole Monogatari series, there will be prequels and sequels to each other, and will be out of chronological order sometimes. An example is, the latest one, Tsukimonogatari is actually the prequel to Hanamonogatari. So there'll be more prequels coming up I guess, since this chart (shown in chronological order) shows, there are more events that need to be animated, both before certain events and after certain events. So I guess you have to go with the broadcasting order, since later works will have further prequels perhaps, as well as some sequels. And in Monogatari Series Second Season (don't confuse with Nisemonogatari, which technically isn't a second season. The "Second Season" was named due to the name of a later light novel), there are 5 further "Monogatari" names*, and they were aired completely out of chronological order. The broadcasting order has being posted already by others, so I just mention the chronological order of all the series animated to date, the chart has mentioned already the sequence of events, but I just make clear of the order from the anime adaptations to date only. (The chart was made by someone before Tsukimonogatari was released, so ignore the "TBA" labelled on it)

So if you choose the chronological route (despite with many events not animated yet - before and after), then go for this sequence:
1. Nekomonogatari: Kuro
2. Bakemonogatari
3. Nisemonogatari
4. Kabukimonogatari
5. Onimonogatari**
6. Nekomonogatari: Shiro**
7. Otorimonogatari
8. Koimonogatari
9. Tsukimonogatari
10. Hanamonogatari

* Monogatari Series Second Season contains the following "Monogatari" series:
(In broadcasting order)
1. Nekomonogatari: Shiro (eps. 1-5)
2. Kabukimonogatari (eps. 7-10)
3. Otorimonogatari (eps. 12-15)
4. Onimonogatari (eps. 17-20)
5. Koimonogatari (eps. 21-26)
Episodes 6, 11 and 16 are summaries of previous series, so you can ignore those if you want.

** Certain episodes of both Onimonogatari and Nekomonogatari: Shiro, happens simultaneously.
Modified by chaosflame5, Jan 5, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2, 2015 12:18 AM
I don't see a sequel to Tsukimonogatari planned yet. Is this it for a long time or was this the end for the anime?

Jan 2, 2015 12:28 AM

CJKDR said:
I don't see a sequel to Tsukimonogatari planned yet. Is this it for a long time or was this the end for the anime?

Nah. SHAFT said they would animate all of The Monogatari Series. just be patient.

Jan 8, 2015 5:21 AM

Okashi_sama said:
CJKDR said:

Nah. SHAFT said they would animate all of The Monogatari Series. just be patient.
i hope my grandsons will be able to see SHAFT animating it...They promised but they never said they will be animating it in 21st centurey right?

Jan 16, 2015 12:43 PM

Other than Kizu, SHAFT really hasn't delayed anything from Monogatari. All the various animes have come out between 2-3 years after their respective LNs. For example, Second Season LN finished in 2011 and anime was broadcast in 2013, Tsuki LN was out in 2012 and anime was just released at end of 2014, etc. Assuming that continues, the Third Season anime(s) would be done by 2016.

Kizu, however, will apparently be released sometime after 2197.