Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mar 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1191
Izumi-Kun-Chan adds nothing to the story. Is she an interesting character? Tell me something interesting, at all, about her character.

Or, tell me of some influence she's had to the plot, like at all, other than to be an object for Shinichi's affections. This sex scene was a great example of that.

She's annoying, I hope her head gets bitten off somewhere near the end. I hope Migi does it. I hope he kills that fucking bitch.
Shoot first, think never.
 
Mar 4, 2015 3:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 914
mgronald said:
I used to like her. Then I felt like she wasnt appreciating the person Shinichi became. He went through a lot and matured alot (and even though she doesn't know why) she kept being negative about it.

Also, she was giving him the cold shoulder because he was acting weird after his mom died.. does she have no soul?
I dont think she knew right after he changed that his mother died because she never even spoke about it and the way those guys reacted to shinichi's scar when he took off his shirt means that most people don't know what happened anyway plus he isn't at school half the time to let people know. Plus i liked Kana better than Murano
 
Mar 4, 2015 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1621
robis798 said:
People have to hate something in a series or find something annoying. It's just the way world works.

And imo, she has done nothing wrong nor stupid. Maybe people don't see how much Shinichi changed from a nerd geek to cold, almost emotionless person. It's normal for her to question him since she obviously cares about him. People are insta-annoyed when someone doesn't act the way they'd want to.
 
Mar 4, 2015 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 397
don't hate her but I don't see the chemistry between them two all that much.
 
Mar 4, 2015 5:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
Jroflcopter said:
don't hate her but I don't see the chemistry between them two all that much.

And that's it. It would be more tolerable if she was given a reasonable amount of screentime for someone of her level of importance, but that's not the case. And that last scene was empty to me. Their entire relationship up until this point has been founded upon keeping her in the dark and the show's been chickening out of taking it past that for way too long. This week still did nothing to change that.

They lost their virginity. Whoopie. We could've reached this conclusion forever ago.
Modified by gedata, Mar 4, 2015 5:30 PM
 
Mar 4, 2015 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 1825
Z4k said:
"Are you really Izumi Shinichi?"

"Are you really Izumi Shinichi?"

"Are you really Izumi Shinichi?"

"Are you really Izumi Shinichi?"

"Are you really Izumi Shinichi?"

heck
 
Mar 4, 2015 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1702
Everything everyone has said here plus reasons. I mean c'mon have you been watching the latest episodes?

Bitch needs to end.

I haven't hated a female character (from a good show I like) so much since Flay from Gundam Seed. She is the epitome of all things wrong with a stupid naive high school girl.

Let her die. PLEASE. (her and the rest of the female cast).
 
Mar 4, 2015 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5461
Animeonly fags are trully cancer.
 
Mar 5, 2015 3:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4590
and this Week, she got upgraded from ''Are you really shinichi-kun?''-status to ''Relief Sex''-Status.
Still has no importance to the Story.
 
Mar 5, 2015 5:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 491
bastek66 said:
Animeonly fags are trully cancer.
Well manga readers have also said that she doesn't do anything so I don't understand the need for this sentence.
 
Mar 5, 2015 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 217
the amount of hate murano gets is crazy.She's the one who's helping Shinichi keep his humanity alive.As for the no chemistry comments,that's easily understandable given that most of their feelings for each other developed before the manga started.

I get the feeling that most of the people hating on murano are KanaXIzumi shippers who're still hurt that stalker girl died.IMO Murano's only role is to help Shinichi keep his humanity and she's done that.
 
Mar 5, 2015 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
GreenBenjamin said:
bastek66 said:
Animeonly fags are trully cancer.
Well manga readers have also said that she doesn't do anything so I don't understand the need for this sentence.

I don't really remember her being annoying in the manga though. So I was surprised that a lot of people disliked her in the anime.
 
Mar 5, 2015 10:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
tsudecimo said:
GreenBenjamin said:
Well manga readers have also said that she doesn't do anything so I don't understand the need for this sentence.

I don't really remember her being annoying in the manga though. So I was surprised that a lot of people disliked her in the anime.
You'd be surprised how much things become more annoying when you give them voice, movement and remove the ability to skim through things
 
Mar 5, 2015 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
gedata said:
tsudecimo said:

I don't really remember her being annoying in the manga though. So I was surprised that a lot of people disliked her in the anime.
You'd be surprised how much things become more annoying when you give them voice, movement and remove the ability to skim through things

Exactly. More than half of the time my reason to dislike a character stems from their voice as it makes them leave more of a general impression (very rarely do I dislike characters in manga), or the feeling that I can't skip their screen time, and I'm stuck with something I've to endure.

In the manga her panels were only worth a glance, but I watched the anime till episode 8, and that wasn't the case anymore.
 
Mar 5, 2015 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 491
fathertime said:
the amount of hate murano gets is crazy.She's the one who's helping Shinichi keep his humanity alive.As for the no chemistry comments,that's easily understandable given that most of their feelings for each other developed before the manga started.

I get the feeling that most of the people hating on murano are KanaXIzumi shippers who're still hurt that stalker girl died.IMO Murano's only role is to help Shinichi keep his humanity and she's done that.
I used to like kana more but her obsession over him was a huge turn off. I also find it weird how it's never explained in the anime where she got her powers
 
Mar 6, 2015 12:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2
I hate Murano because she's self-centered and annoying. While she is justified in her being afraid of Shinichi after his emotionless phase, she doesn't do ANYTHING to actually help him, just whine about how he's changed and not the person she knows.

His mother died and his father was crippled. Even though Murano doesn't know his mother is dead, everyone knows she's missing and Shinichi's father was hospitalized. Shinichi has changed because he's going through grief and trauma!

Even if the cause wasn't his family being destroyed, he's still very depressed. And instead of being a good friend and supporting Shinichi, Murano actually just shames and condemns him for it. If your friend is severely depressed and is not acting like themselves for days, are you really just going to ask 'Are you my friend?' and then get upset when they don't snap right back?

I get that she cares a lot for Shinichi, but she's doing a shit job of it.

All in all, she's a needy, obnoxious, self-centered idiot.
Modified by Shadic666, Mar 6, 2015 1:32 AM
 
Mar 6, 2015 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 91
People really understand "character development" and "significance to the story" very well. Good for you guys.

Well, I don't. Coz I'm an idiot. Maybe that's why I'm at least apathetic towards her.

But seriously, I think people just put technicalities in their hate to feel justified.
 
Mar 6, 2015 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5461
Shadic666 said:
I hate Murano because she's self-centered and annoying. While she is justified in her being afraid of Shinichi after his emotionless phase, she doesn't do ANYTHING to actually help him, just whine about how he's changed and not the person she knows.

His mother died and his father was crippled. Even though Murano doesn't know his mother is dead, everyone knows she's missing and Shinichi's father was hospitalized. Shinichi has changed because he's going through grief and trauma!

Even if the cause wasn't his family being destroyed, he's still very depressed. And instead of being a good friend and supporting Shinichi, Murano actually just shames and condemns him for it. If your friend is severely depressed and is not acting like themselves for days, are you really just going to ask 'Are you my friend?' and then get upset when they don't snap right back?

I get that she cares a lot for Shinichi, but she's doing a shit job of it.

All in all, she's a needy, obnoxious, self-centered idiot.

I swear I saw this retarded rant and you only adjusted part about her not knowing his mother was death because it was making you blatantly ignorant.
You still can't understand that she was concerned about him.
 
Mar 6, 2015 8:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2
The only thing I added was the sentence at the bottom. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The problem I have with her is that she keeps whining about he's changed and how she doesn't want anything to do with him while he's like that. She just completely ignores the fact that his mother is missing and his dad was hospitalized. She acts like it's his fault he's reacting the way he is and this makes her self-centered and obnoxious.

If she were TRULY concerned about him, she wouldn't try to ignore him when he needs emotional support. She only has a superficial concern for him, yet the writing plays it up as if she's selflessly by his side the whole time. It's poor writing.
Modified by Shadic666, Mar 6, 2015 9:02 AM
 
Mar 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 859
Shadic666 said:
The only thing I added was the sentence at the bottom. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The problem I have with her is that she keeps whining about he's changed and how she doesn't want anything to do with him while he's like that. She just completely ignores the fact that his mother is missing and his dad was hospitalized. She acts like it's his fault he's reacting the way he is and this makes her self-centered and obnoxious.


Jesus Christ, you're one dense motherfucker.
 
Mar 6, 2015 9:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
The manga fags are really making this place unbearable. Reminds me of those geeks who read the Tokyo Ghoul manga and would endlessly bash the anime adaptation or they would act like elitist fuckwits thinking their opinions holds more weight.

 
Mar 6, 2015 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 491
Borgov said:
The manga fags are really making this place unbearable. Reminds me of those geeks who read the Tokyo Ghoul manga and would endlessly bash the anime adaptation or they would act like elitist fuckwits thinking their opinions holds more weight.



My brother

 
Mar 6, 2015 1:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6815
GreenBenjamin said:
Borgov said:
The manga fags are really making this place unbearable. Reminds me of those geeks who read the Tokyo Ghoul manga and would endlessly bash the anime adaptation or they would act like elitist fuckwits thinking their opinions holds more weight.



My brother


Where's my hug?
 
Mar 6, 2015 8:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 196
Shadic666 said:
She just completely ignores the fact that his mother is missing and his dad was hospitalized.


did she even find out about his mother and father?
 
Mar 6, 2015 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12555
moeichi said:
Shadic666 said:
She just completely ignores the fact that his mother is missing and his dad was hospitalized.


did she even find out about his mother and father?
No she didn't people just presume she is psychic.
 
Mar 7, 2015 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5461
Borgov said:
The manga fags are really making this place unbearable. Reminds me of those geeks who read the Tokyo Ghoul manga and would endlessly bash the anime adaptation or they would act like elitist fuckwits thinking their opinions holds more weight.

Why wouldn't they bash adaptation when it's fucking terrible?
 
Mar 7, 2015 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 491
bastek66 said:
Borgov said:
The manga fags are really making this place unbearable. Reminds me of those geeks who read the Tokyo Ghoul manga and would endlessly bash the anime adaptation or they would act like elitist fuckwits thinking their opinions holds more weight.

Why wouldn't they bash adaptation when it's fucking terrible?
But it's not.
 
Mar 7, 2015 11:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 781
bastek66 said:
Animeonly fags are trully cancer.


lol someone's butthurt
murano is cancer
 
Mar 7, 2015 1:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Shadic666 said:
I hate Murano because she's self-centered and annoying. While she is justified in her being afraid of Shinichi after his emotionless phase, she doesn't do ANYTHING to actually help him, just whine about how he's changed and not the person she knows.

His mother died and his father was crippled. Even though Murano doesn't know his mother is dead, everyone knows she's missing and Shinichi's father was hospitalized. Shinichi has changed because he's going through grief and trauma!

Even if the cause wasn't his family being destroyed, he's still very depressed. And instead of being a good friend and supporting Shinichi, Murano actually just shames and condemns him for it. If your friend is severely depressed and is not acting like themselves for days, are you really just going to ask 'Are you my friend?' and then get upset when they don't snap right back?

I get that she cares a lot for Shinichi, but she's doing a shit job of it.

All in all, she's a needy, obnoxious, self-centered idiot.


Actually i'm having the same thought as you, but i'm neither hate/love her. I wondered why shinichi won't just tell her that his mom died than letting their relationship goes rollercoaster.
 
Mar 7, 2015 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12555
GreenBenjamin said:
bastek66 said:

Why wouldn't they bash adaptation when it's fucking terrible?
But it's not.
But it was lol
 
Mar 7, 2015 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 10538
amandachristy said:
Shadic666 said:
I hate Murano because she's self-centered and annoying. While she is justified in her being afraid of Shinichi after his emotionless phase, she doesn't do ANYTHING to actually help him, just whine about how he's changed and not the person she knows.

His mother died and his father was crippled. Even though Murano doesn't know his mother is dead, everyone knows she's missing and Shinichi's father was hospitalized. Shinichi has changed because he's going through grief and trauma!

Even if the cause wasn't his family being destroyed, he's still very depressed. And instead of being a good friend and supporting Shinichi, Murano actually just shames and condemns him for it. If your friend is severely depressed and is not acting like themselves for days, are you really just going to ask 'Are you my friend?' and then get upset when they don't snap right back?

I get that she cares a lot for Shinichi, but she's doing a shit job of it.

All in all, she's a needy, obnoxious, self-centered idiot.


Actually i'm having the same thought as you, but i'm neither hate/love her. I wondered why shinichi won't just tell her that his mom died than letting their relationship goes rollercoaster.

That's why Murano is weirded out by him - because he is not telling her anything despite almost being her boyfriend at the time + not to mention other weird and fucked up shit Shinichi has done, like throwing a puppy into a trash bin. Do you even watch this show? Why are you so hung up on Murano when Shinichi is the one at fault for these situations? He turns into inhumane person and you blame Murano for not trying to understand him? WTF
 
Mar 7, 2015 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 491
G_Spark233 said:
GreenBenjamin said:
But it's not.
But it was lol
No it wasn't.
 
Mar 7, 2015 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12555
GreenBenjamin said:
G_Spark233 said:
But it was lol
No it wasn't.
It really was
 
Mar 7, 2015 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 491
It really wasn't.
 
Mar 8, 2015 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 604
GreenBenjamin said:
It really wasn't.

It honestly was, though.
死ねカス国に帰れ
 
Mar 8, 2015 3:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6815
shiroyume said:
GreenBenjamin said:
It really wasn't.

It honestly was, though.

But it honestly wasn't, though.
 
Mar 8, 2015 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 604
Z4k said:
shiroyume said:

It honestly was, though.

But it honestly wasn't, though.

Then we've been watching two entirely different shows that just happen to be sharing the same name.
死ねカス国に帰れ
 
Mar 8, 2015 3:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6815
shiroyume said:
Z4k said:

But it honestly wasn't, though.

Then we've been watching two entirely different shows that just happen to be sharing the same name.

Yeah you probably watched the wrong show :p
 
Mar 8, 2015 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 604
Z4k said:
shiroyume said:

Then we've been watching two entirely different shows that just happen to be sharing the same name.

Yeah you probably watched the wrong show :p

Yes, and I regret that decision. But since it's only 3ep more to to, I'mma still finish it (and probably groan).
Modified by shiroyume, Mar 8, 2015 4:24 PM
死ねカス国に帰れ
 
Mar 9, 2015 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 491
Only manga fans that for some reason seem to give this vibe that they were there for TG since the beginning and deserve an A+ adaptation even though it wasn't that popular before the anime think it's bad. If you actually look around from anime only viewers, reviewers, and people who realized that they said it was going to be different months ago. It's been really good and emotional.
 
Mar 10, 2015 6:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 781
GreenBenjamin said:
Only manga fans that for some reason seem to give this vibe that they were there for TG since the beginning and deserve an A+ adaptation even though it wasn't that popular before the anime think it's bad. If you actually look around from anime only viewers, reviewers, and people who realized that they said it was going to be different months ago. It's been really good and emotional.


nah TG Route A is still garbage
I was a anime only viewer first but after reading the manga all the criticism is definitely justified
 
Mar 10, 2015 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2506
Taking a short read like Parasyte and turning it into a 2-cour anime can really bring out the worst in characters who you barely even noticed before.
 
Mar 10, 2015 6:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12555
Tomino said:
Taking a short read like Parasyte and turning it into a 2-cour anime can really bring out the worst in characters who you barely even noticed before.


So Murano was barely noticeable in the manga?
 
Mar 10, 2015 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
G_Spark233 said:
Tomino said:
Taking a short read like Parasyte and turning it into a 2-cour anime can really bring out the worst in characters who you barely even noticed before.


So Murano was barely noticeable in the manga?

Definitely.
 
Mar 10, 2015 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12555
tsudecimo said:
G_Spark233 said:


So Murano was barely noticeable in the manga?

Definitely.

Not gonna lie. I'm tempted to read the manga :P
 
Mar 10, 2015 9:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 546
G_Spark233 said:
tsudecimo said:

Definitely.

Not gonna lie. I'm tempted to read the manga :P


The Art might be a turnoff...
 
Mar 10, 2015 1:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12555
pillsbury15 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Not gonna lie. I'm tempted to read the manga :P


The Art might be a turnoff...


I have seen the manga but the art isn't too much of a turn off. Although its pretty crazy how different it is from the anime.
 
Mar 11, 2015 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 5246
It's not that I hate her, but her dumbness and uselessness is annoying as hell.
She has no impact on the story whatsoever so far (ep12) other than being the main character's love interest. She asks/says to Shinichi "You're Shinichi, right?" or "You changed" or "You are not Izumi-kun!" almost every episode after noticing every little change (his expression, talking style, throwing doggie in the trash can, etc.) but she didn't even question how could Shinichi survive jumping down from the 3rd/4th floor and how could he jump 4 meters high?
 
Mar 11, 2015 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3639
I don't exactly hate her, but she gets on my nerves sometimes. With the 'You're Izumi Shinichi right?' and her constant state of doubt against the guy.
But considering the world she lives in and the fact that she's in love with Shinichi... I suppose I can kind of understand her. I still don't like her character though.


 
Mar 11, 2015 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 7571
G_Spark233 said:
GreenBenjamin said:
But it's not.
But it was lol

Agreed. However, unlike TG, Madhouse is actually doing a good job with this.
 
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

Preview MangaManga Store