Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great duel. Wait, is he dueling him or is he trying to run him over?? This one didn't waste a second with Yugo using his Synchro monsters.

The Clear Wing Synchro Dragon is so awesome. Can't wait for it to come out soon in TCG. Yugo's win imo was very impressive; somewhat predictable though. The ending made me go wtf. Yuri??
Dec 28, 2014 12:58 AM
Dec 2008
Dec 28, 2014 1:47 AM
Jun 2011
what a great episode and by the preview it seems the girl in the coat is ruri shun been looking for
Dec 28, 2014 5:55 AM

Dec 2012
Yuto gone has forecasted by the ending
i think he is merged with Yuya,i hope he will back again
now i want to see the side effect of this i am certain we will see outcome for Yuya after learned the truth
Dec 28, 2014 7:34 AM

May 2008
elior1 said:
what a great episode and by the preview it seems the girl in the coat is ruri shun been looking for
It's the fourth Yuya... Fusion Yuya..
Dec 28, 2014 10:25 AM
Jun 2011
Haou-Judai said:
elior1 said:
the fourth yuya is the one at the end of the episode but the one in coat sure looks like a female and not a guy
Dec 28, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2008
elior1 said:
Haou-Judai said:
the fourth yuya is the one at the end of the episode but the one in coat sure looks like a female and not a guy

Oh right. My bad i miss read your post. XD Don't ask how. XD I must have been really tired.
Dec 28, 2014 11:55 AM
Aug 2014
Was not expecting Yuto/Ute to lose so soon :(. I hope they find a way to bring him back... Nevertheless, the duel was great.
Clear Wing Syncro Dragon was very majestic and beautiful. It has such a powerful effect as well.

Since Yuya received Yuto's card, could that mean that the other Dimension Yuyas eventually lose and give their respective dragons to the Standard Yuya? It would be so awesome to see every version of the show's ace monster in a single duel!

That cliffhanger with Academia was an interesting way to end the episode. This series has some great pacing and it's looking to be my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! series so far. (Assuming it keeps up the pacing like 5D's did anyway)
Dec 29, 2014 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
i think that yugo vs yuto rivalry only caused by misunderstanding, yugo and yugo (fusion) lol.
cant believe yuto just a canon fodder whose role just to give yuuya xyz dragon, but im glad that means the best character Shun is our primary XYZ important character.

and the ending, YURI lol. i wonder what is his real spelling.
yuto = ute
yugo = hyugo
yuri = ???

next episode we are back in our kiddie tournament. everything besides shun vs yuuya is just a filler, meh...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 29, 2014 10:46 PM
Jun 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
i think that yugo vs yuto rivalry only caused by misunderstanding, yugo and yugo (fusion) lol.
cant believe yuto just a canon fodder whose role just to give yuuya xyz dragon, but im glad that means the best character Shun is our primary XYZ important character.

and the ending, YURI lol. i wonder what is his real spelling.
yuto = ute
yugo = hyugo
yuri = ???

next episode we are back in our kiddie tournament. everything besides shun vs yuuya is just a filler, meh...
no we not yet back to the tournoment the next episode will be a plot episode as well with shun and yuya and yuzu
Dec 30, 2014 12:25 AM
Jul 2012
From what I've seen in the released information for episode 39, its going to be a bit of filler/character development.

Well, I think we're all set for a massive number of theories to come flying in for where this story is going. We all know we've got a summoning-method dimension war. But, now we go into a minor part of this war, which the Yu's(Yuuya, Yuuto, Yuugo).

Just a simple theory, but its likely that it will be more complex, but I don't think this is too far off the mark.

EDIT: Okay, after some more thinking, I've noticed some holes in my theory and ways to improve it.

Just a little remainder, Yugioh is known for SUB-PLOTS THAT INTERACT WITH A MAJOR CONFLICT LATER IN THE SERIES. So, though I believe and my theory appears solid. Yugioh's common complexity will probably kick my theory into a volcano, **** on it, **** it and then throw it on the sidewalk with a sign saying, "Free *** dumpster!"
AcxelionDec 30, 2014 1:03 AM
Dec 30, 2014 12:55 AM
Jun 2011
Acxelion said:
From what I've seen in the released information for episode 39, its going to be a bit of filler/character development.

Well, I think we're all set for a massive number of theories to come flying in for where this story is going. We all know we've got a summoning-method dimension war. But, now we go into a minor part of this war, which the Yu's(Yuuya, Yuuto, Yuugo).

So, all them are connected not just by face, but also by their dragons. From the way Yuugo interacting with his dragon, its clear that these dragons are fully conscious of their surroundings and seem to desire conflict or the destruction of the world. So, lets assume that each of these dragons are like the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. When the 4 come together, they will fight and bring about the Apocalypse for all the dimensions. We can assume that the still "unseen" Fusion Yuuya seems to be aware of this and fully accepts it and wants it to happen by how it seems at the end. The Yu's all have these dragons because of their hearts, they don't want to end the smiling of dueling, so in order to protect it, they take it upon themselves to "control" the dragons. Much to their own failure. This process probably created each dimension and now we've got 1 of them eliminated or rather, Yuuya is now becoming the "Bringer of the Apocalypse" by collecting the "horses."

People like Yuzu exist as a back-up plan, bearers of the bracelets in order to stop them from interacting. The reason the Fusion Yuuya, or whoever we saw at the end of this episode, is targeting her is because he wants to eliminate her in order to create the Apocalypse.

Just a simple theory, but its likely that it will be more complex, but I don't think this is too far off the mark.
i agree with your theory also the next episode will be about the dimensions plot as well so i glad we got at least month of plot episodes before got back to the tournoment
Dec 30, 2014 2:44 AM
Jan 2012
fusion yu already looks evil and asshole evil even.
Dec 30, 2014 6:23 AM
Sep 2012
Okay what an episode, Yuto and Yugo really put on a show, like it or not they are Yuya's counterpart so perhaps that is something to do it, I am probably over thinking it. Just me or when Reiji said this was his city and he will decide how to protect it, reminded me of Batman, either way it sounded badass.

So is Yugo associated with the Fusion dimension, well he seems to be denying it, and what is the Synchro dimension stance on the Xyz and Fusion dimension wars, I guess we will find out, my guess there is a Sychro pawn for the Fusion dimensions, it is just not Yugo. I love Yuto part of me was rooting for Yugo, because is Zexal vs 5D, and I liked 5D better than Zexal, than this is not Yuma and Yusei, that is different, be no question who I would be rooting for in that one.

So is Yuto dead already, I don't think so, but wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him for a while. And we see Fusion Yuya at last, just me or does Fusion Yuya look like a girl, that would be a cool twist, I doubt it probably a guy that wars a lot of makeup and looks effeminate.

Next week, we are back to the tournament and until these last few episodes I was really bumped up for the tournament, but now after these epic episodes, seems like a breather to me like Yuya's qualifying duels. Yuya vs Shun should be a great duel. And looks like we might see Ruri the next episode.

Anyway great episode, don't die on us Yuto please.
Dec 30, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2011
This episode was better than the rest, but given to fun-fun vibe of the anime the tragic melody kinda surprised me

Dec 30, 2014 7:38 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Getting very interesting finally. Much better than the plot for Zexal first season already. Not yet on par with the 5Ds or the original yet though but coming up close.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 30, 2014 9:35 AM

Mar 2012
Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Arc-V!!

Everybody is Sora!! wait, I mean Yuya, Sora is someone else xD
Dec 30, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2009
Acxelion said:
So, all them are connected not just by face, but also by their dragons. From the way Yuugo interacting with his dragon, its clear that these dragons are fully conscious of their surroundings and seem to desire conflict or the destruction of the world. So, lets assume that each of these dragons are like the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. When the 4 come together, they will fight and bring about the Apocalypse for all the dimensions. We can assume that the still "unseen" Fusion Yuuya seems to be aware of this and fully accepts it and wants it to happen by how it seems at the end. The Yu's all have these dragons because of their hearts, they don't want to end the smiling of dueling, so in order to protect it, they take it upon themselves to "control" the dragons. Much to their own failure. This process probably created each dimension and now we've got 1 of them eliminated or rather, Yuuya is now becoming the "Bringer of the Apocalypse" by collecting the "horses."

People like Yuzu exist as a back-up plan, bearers of the bracelets in order to stop them from interacting. The reason the Fusion Yuuya, or whoever we saw at the end of this episode, is targeting her is because he wants to eliminate her in order to create the Apocalypse.

Really interesting concept about the Apocalypse. I'm really digging it. I knew there had to be a Fusion Yuya! He most likely has a dragon with the name "...Fusion Dragon" with 2500 atk and 2000 def. I wonder if Neo Domino City is the Synchro Dimension... I am feeling that the card game will have a lot of support for Synchro, Xyz, and Fusion summoning. That will definitely be cool!
Dec 30, 2014 12:05 PM
Apr 2013
Wow the synchro dragon is a really strong card. Really good duel and I liked those speed roid monsters for synchro summoning. When Yuzu inevitably gets captured i hope she puts up a good fight and is not just wrecked. Great Yugioh series so far but next episode looks boring-ish as it didn't really show a duel nor any major plot movement from the PV.
Dec 31, 2014 12:22 PM
Dec 2014
Now I need to see Yuya use Drak Rebellion in the tournament.
Dec 31, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
It amazes how this went from the cheesiest yugioh series ever, to the one with probably the most complex plot. So much has happened in the last few episodes. Hard to believe it is the same anime as when he was fighting cooking duels....

Although this is probably because everyone except the main character is battling xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 31, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2012
Now we need a Ritual Summon Yuuya and we got all the summons covered.

Everyone needs to give their Dragons to the "Standard" Yuuya and have him Pendulum summon every material needed to get out all the dragons at once...
Dec 31, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
It amazes how this went from the cheesiest yugioh series ever, to the one with probably the most complex plot. So much has happened in the last few episodes. Hard to believe it is the same anime as when he was fighting cooking duels....

Although this is probably because everyone except the main character is battling xD.

everyone except the main character are carrying this show so hard
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 1, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
TehWhiteTiger said:

its probably because the Standard Dimension is pretty lacking and tame, wheras the other dimensions are going through all-out war. It's shoving the war to the standard dimension that is making the show somewhat interesting, as the plot really is no longer just casual dueling to be the best.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jan 3, 2015 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
I bet Yuuya us going to collect all the dragons for sure. Synchro Dragon, XYZ Dragon, and Pendulum Dragon. There's going to be a XXXX Fusion Dragon for sure. And it's effect is going to be something that involves level 5 or higher monsters.

Jan 4, 2015 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
Jan 4, 2015 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
Stark700 said:
No duels this week :|

Noooooooo.
I need to see the Fusion Dragon, I need to see the materials!
Jan 4, 2015 8:21 PM
Nov 2013
I called XYZ and FUSION dimensions.....just wanted to but that out there because I was laughed out of another anime site and kept being told it was merely Yuma's timeline vs Original Yugioh's timeline..........

ANYWAYS, I for sure thought Yuuri was Yuzu's counterpart and not Yuya's......I mean looking like a girl, same hairstyle......Yuuri ryhmes with Ruri (the xyz counterpart) lol.
Jan 9, 2015 4:22 PM
Jan 2012
clear wing synchro dragon was cool, its like ancient fairy(looks) + power tool(mecha) + stardust(power)
Jan 9, 2015 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
Ancient Gears are evil lol.
Jan 9, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2014
blackhole23 said:
I called XYZ and FUSION dimensions.....just wanted to but that out there because I was laughed out of another anime site and kept being told it was merely Yuma's timeline vs Original Yugioh's timeline..........

wat
Jan 11, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
It's full of story. I just love the way its going.
That cool guy, Yuuto disappered. Gosh, he was awesome duelist and better than Yuuya, in my opinion.
Let's see how the things are going in the next episode.
Mar 9, 2015 6:10 AM

Jan 2013
Must be weird seeing Yuugo drive circles during the battle.
Yuuri looks like a female, and again not like Yuuya
Jun 7, 2015 4:01 PM

Apr 2007
Why is every Yuya better than the actual Yuya?

It was hard to take the duel seriously with Yugo driving around the park despite this not being a riding duel, but at least they went over his name meaning fusion in Japanese :p Still an interesting episode despite feeling a little dragged out too.
Jan 28, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
Could you imagine how it would have been if they had dueled normally? Still bothered by the fact Yuya thinks Hugo looks anything remotely like him.
Feb 1, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Paul said:
Could you imagine how it would have been if they had dueled normally? Still bothered by the fact Yuya thinks Hugo looks anything remotely like him.

People have actually done photoshop edits of Yugo and Yuya, where they remove their hair and shit, and basically, their faces are 100% the same.

Jan 14, 2018 11:37 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ARC V IS SOOOOOOOOOO EPIC !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

37 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.