Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

May 12, 2017 1:08 PM

A nice long episode. Rin looked great with those glasses.

Felt bad for Shirou in this episode. Totally forgot how bad ass Kirei was.

May 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Hmm.. I mean, not bad. For some reason, I wasn't that into this anime as much, but it was pretty good :)

6/10

The date thing was pretty cute even though it felt awkward for a scene since the concept of this anime should be more focused on action imo, from the plotline and whatnot. But whuttevs. I understand it was Rin's idea to get Shirou back to feeling like himself again, soooo. I guess so lol. Saber and her food <33

May 26, 2017 11:51 PM

Amazing episode!

The date section was nice! I thought Rin was serious at first, but she's just teasing.

Caster is such a bitch. Lol at her Noble Phantasm "Rule Breaker". As if it's not obvious enough.

Lol Archer can pretty much see Rin naked at any time he wants.

It's been awhile since we last saw Kirei's blade. When he used that while running away, it made me nostalgic and how badass he's still is.

Poor Saber. Guess we'll see more punishment from her in the future.

As usual, Shirou is useless without Saber. I just hope he focuses more on himself this time around.

Man, teasing Gilgamesh and all. I definitely can't wait for him to take the spotlight in S2!!!!

Love LiSA's ED song for this episode. Miss her voice from Zero!

Jun 22, 2017 8:29 PM
Well.... that episode only made me want to bash my skull in....

Jun 29, 2017 3:29 PM

That was such a great surprise to hear Illusion ED again. The originsl ver. is better tho.
Still have no idea who might be Lancer's master.. Or I just can't remember as usual.

Jul 10, 2017 3:05 PM

The first 1/3 of this episode kind of made me want a school slice of life romance, if we're being honest. Regardless, strong episode. Obviously Shirou will continue to get involved, probably by using more of his projection/strengthening magic.

Great season, looking forwards to the second one.

Sep 23, 2017 12:42 PM

Wow I was not expecting that plot twist :O I thought Shirou and Saber would definitely make it till the end of the war. Now Saber has to do what Caster says.. great 1st cour, 9/10
"He's already special. Because he was... born into this world."

Oct 3, 2017 5:38 AM

Shirou: i see u & i are going on a date ___ WHAAAAAAT???

ME: Shirou u know u have long wires (slow reaction) XD

ur reaction was priceless XD

he needs to think, berserker master want to play more with him so if he tells her what happens she goes after caster to get Saber back to him so she could kill him in future, cause that the type she is

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Nexu, Nov 2, 2017 2:59 PM

Dec 21, 2017 1:15 PM

Well, that was actually a pretty good season finale. That's proof that the extent of Shirou's altruism really can do more harm than good. Not saying I claim to know what would have happened had Shirou not used a command seal to stop Saber, but nonetheless.

The date scene was really cute. Tohsaka's personality is great, very caring, but also very assertive. It was cute to see all three of them smiling for once, and actually having a good time without Archer's intervention.

However, there was one thing that really bothered me at the end of the episode... Tohsaka told Archer that her pact with Shirou will hold until he declares that he quit the Holy Grail War. Meanwhile, when Shirou retruns to her, she seems to have no inclination to protect Shirou, and she tells Shirou undoubtedly to quit the War. What's up with that?

Well, unto next season I suppose.

Apr 17, 2018 3:47 AM

Oh man. I didn't think there was a second season and was PISSED about the ending. All good now.

See you guys on the second season forum topic.

I can't wait to see some epic fight scenes. Even more than this season.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine

Sep 16, 2018 4:09 AM

Well this EP became a complete 360 for me. From fun/cute to serious/dramatic in a heartbeat. Not saying I dislike it though but it just caught me by surprise
:o

Welp ~ Off to the next then!

- 8/10 -

Oct 9, 2018 1:15 AM

The episode was Okay, not perfect but okay.

MY

FAVORITE

【CHARACTERS💕】

Nov 26, 2018 12:59 AM

Whole anime was fake tension, glaring plot armor, snail-like pacing, moronic MC, and no grey moral area among the masters. What a shitshow. Only good part was Joji Nakata's awesome voice acting and Archer for not being an immature child and taking the war seriously. Great production values as well.

Nov 29, 2018 2:49 AM

Needs more cowbell

Dec 8, 2018 9:29 AM
i love to see the expression pf saber when she playing baseball,she very cute in other way.
the date is very gud,, tohsaka rin show different side from her dailly personality,,
i realize in this episode,, that emiya voice is very same with sasuke uchiha,, iknow them shared the same seiyu Noriaki sugiama but is very same,,

Jan 12, 5:55 PM

Rin with glasses is pretty cute.

Nooo, Saber is captured by Caster.

lmao DIS ILLUSION playing in the end was amazing!!

Later, I will watch the second season.

6/10 for the anime.
Modified by Nurguburu, Jan 13, 4:37 AM
Life has no meaning.

Jan 20, 3:29 PM
HungryForQuality said:
Whole anime was fake tension, glaring plot armor, snail-like pacing, moronic MC, and no grey moral area among the masters. What a shitshow. Only good part was Joji Nakata's awesome voice acting and Archer for not being an immature child and taking the war seriously. Great production values as well.

Summed up pretty well, I think. But next season looks more interesting in the preview, especially with Kirei and Gil joining the action. They managed to make the series better with second cour in Fate/zero and I hope this happens again.
Also, though it's been already said a hundred times here: This Illusion remix nailed it, best thing about this ep.

Feb 9, 11:35 PM
This episode makes no sense to me. Shirou has to use a Command Seal to stop Saber from killing Rin earlier in the show, but Caster didn't have to use a Command Seal to force Saber to attack Shirou? Servants can clearly disobey their masters unless the master uses a seal on them... I don't like this episode.

Feb 10, 9:25 AM
Biofreak03 said:
This episode makes no sense to me. Shirou has to use a Command Seal to stop Saber from killing Rin earlier in the show, but Caster didn't have to use a Command Seal to force Saber to attack Shirou? Servants can clearly disobey their masters unless the master uses a seal on them... I don't like this episode.

are you talking about 25:11?

caster did use a command spell, the command was “Strike down Archer’s master”, but Shirou was hurt by Saber because he got between her and Rin, Shirou tried to shield Rin and it was accidental on Saber’s part

Feb 10, 3:04 PM
Shirou used one to stop Saber from killing fighting Archer/Rin.
Shirou used one to teleport Saber to school to fight Rider.
Caster steals the last seal from him.
You say: Caster orders Saber to kill Rin using a seal. (If this is the case, then she would no longer be able to control Saber since that was the last seal)
What I seen: Caster orders Saber to kill Rin without using a seal. (Why would Saber listen to her?)
Am I missing something?

Feb 11, 4:13 AM
Biofreak03 said:
Shirou used one to stop Saber from killing fighting Archer/Rin.
Shirou used one to teleport Saber to school to fight Rider.
Caster steals the last seal from him.
You say: Caster orders Saber to kill Rin using a seal. (If this is the case, then she would no longer be able to control Saber since that was the last seal)
What I seen: Caster orders Saber to kill Rin without using a seal. (Why would Saber listen to her?)
Am I missing something?

caster gets 3 command spells after taking control of saber. don’t ask me why 3, idk and its just how it is

she uses one of the command spells on 24:58, and you can see it fading from her hand

Mar 23, 5:48 PM
Haha, Toosaka is so casual about going on a date with Emiya and he is just completely oblivious.

So he never noticed Sakuras affection towards him either, huh?

But this was quiet interesting. Now we have Emiya stripped of his command spells and Saber stolen by Caster.
I wonder how this will end, "game mechanic" wise. Doesn't he have a similar status to Shinji right now? Although I don't know what happened with Shinjis command spells after Rider was killed.

And Kirei Kotomine really is a toothless overseer, huh? Somewhat disappointing.
What's the point of having an overseer that doesn't have the power to interfere when things take a turn for the worse?

Another question, will we eventually learn who Lancers master is?
Modified by tr25a3, Mar 23, 7:26 PM

May 7, 12:03 PM

Shiro is something else.
"This will be our date"
"Ah souka"

And its even a double date with bonus Saber! Coming from Zero I missed her doing basic stuff, its incredibly cute seing her not all that competent for once. How old is she anyway?

Rin is a good girl, isnt she.

Rin red like a tomatoe, Saber blushing over their conversation. Good episode.

PS: Archer is blind and gey confirmed. He cant see those thighs.

While Zero was more epic, I like this one more. Caster is a better antagonist than Kirei. Maybe thats because I watched zero first idk.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

May 8, 4:03 AM
Comander-07 said:
And its even a double date with bonus Saber! Coming from Zero I missed her doing basic stuff, its incredibly cute seing her not all that competent for once. How old is she anyway?

she's in her teens

Jun 16, 8:28 AM

This adaptation had more Shirou x Rin moments. Unlike FSN 2006,
, though it's too early to jump the gun, there's still the 2nd season to watch.

Shirou really need to learn how to control his command seal. Honestly, if Shirou just give his CS to Caster, Caster would only have 1 CS.

So Sasaski Koujiro now know that Saber is Caster's servant and he's just like: "Oh OK." lol. What about your promise bruh...?

Seems Kirei has lost his edge.

Caster became major antagonist for UBW unlike FSN 2006.
Modified by Kish0, Jun 16, 8:48 AM
If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Sep 12, 9:33 AM

I like how this turnt. So much better than first route.
One season to go.

Sep 22, 1:25 PM

so like what was up with the ending...I was not expecting this

Oct 4, 2:54 AM
people die when they are killed 🤣

Oct 6, 3:26 AM

5 years late but Jesus Christ this has 3k replies?!!! I’ve never seen an anime do that
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate

Nov 6, 5:48 AM

Nice to see them taking some leisure time and having fun. Saber just enjoying and eating is so adorable lmao well shit, Caster has to ruin everything

Nov 13, 6:00 PM

What a frustrating way to end the first season; wasting Rider, wasting Gilgamesh on fucking Shinji, Shirou being a fucking idiot and using the command seal on Saber. A lot to like from the season as a whole but those decisions really put a damper all over it.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮

Nov 18, 7:49 AM
Saber playing at the batting center <3

Pages (55) « First ... « 53 54 [55]