Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 17, 2017 3:54 AM

Apr 2009
I don't get all this people.
Kikyo is already dead 50 years ago.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2017 8:17 AM
Apr 2016
And Inuyasha still loves her even after she died 50 years ago.
Feb 7, 2018 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
Fucking finally. She really should have died like in the first 30-40 episodes or so... I hated her from the very beginning, and it didn't change even now that she "got better". From the story and drama perspective I can understand why she was brought back and I gueeess they could use that jealousy thing to strengthen some bonds, but was her existence for like 170+ episodes really necessary?

All she did was make both Inuyasha and Kagome suffer for different reasons. Plus all her achievements could have just been Kagome instead, so she would not have felt as overshadowed sometimes :/ Though now that I think about it she didn't actually do much... She appeared sometimes to taunt Naraku, give some kind of a guidance to Kagome in a weird way and steal dead souls everywhere, like Midoriko's (or whatever her name is).

And now I'm sad that Inuyasha obviously getting together with Kagome after this will make it feel like she was forever a second option :( I wish he would have actually chosen Kagome at one point, and would just generally feel bad for Kikyo when she died, but not like this, and especially not with a kiss :/ Poor Kagome...
RazielZeroFeb 7, 2018 1:51 PM
Jul 28, 2019 8:42 AM
Nov 2010
Orulyon said:
I cried a lot. The instrumental of dearest is known as Inu and kikyo theme song. it only played in this episode and in the special eps 147-148 (special inu-kikyou eps). I cried in 147-148 when i heard that theme, and now i cried again T.T

I was touched...everyone cried for Kikyou and even Kouga felt sorry for her.

T.T

Instrumental really brought out my emotions. I waited over ten year to finally see her die. Always felt bad for kikyo but I'm glad she died knowing the truth instead of feeling angry and betrayed by the one she loves.

What also got me was when kikyou's soul came by Kaede to say goodbye to her and apologise for leaving her alone as a kid. Really hurt my heart when kaede cried.
Never understood how some fans could just hate her cause she "got in the way" of inu x kagome or why Inuyasha couldn't get over her. C'mon man, the one he loved died and came back to life in the blink of an eye. It was just like they both went for a short nap and everything changed.
DannimeJul 28, 2019 8:45 AM
Aug 29, 2019 5:44 AM

Jul 2015
Final goodbye to Kikyo, this time she will definitely move on to the afterlife

Naruku has all the shards except Kohaku's shard, I can definitely feel the end nearing

Mar 23, 2020 1:16 AM

Apr 2015
This is her "3rd" death already so I hope she's dead for real this time. Nonetheless, this was heartbreaking especially knowing Kikyo's circumstances.
Apr 17, 2020 12:30 PM

Aug 2011
Ah... the Kikyou haters; I could have a strong rebuttal for each and every one of you but, sighs, what's the point.

IMO, Kikyou's character is what kicked the series off, her return gave it a much-needed twist by intensifying character development. As far as her 'not-doing-much', as someone said, she did more solo than the others combined. But, what peeves me the most, is this woman saved Kohaku's life (which she never gets credit for BTW) and that is worth whatever you felt she didn't do.

For those who love Kikyou, I brought her to life again and this time with a happier ending; just follow this link.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2969859/1/Forbidden
Jul 31, 2020 8:26 AM

May 2020
F for kikyo, and, the first kiss in all anime
Aug 22, 2020 4:04 AM
Aug 2020
morbidmuse said:
Absolutely beautiful episode. I'm thanking the production team from the bottom of my heart for animating it so well.

Yes I would also like to thank everyone who made the anime. What you said was perfect.

RIP Kikyo. You're an ordinary woman now. That was the most beautiful and sad anime episode I've ever seen.
Aug 26, 2020 6:56 PM

Apr 2007
I never expected to shed tears for Kikyo's death, have never been a fan, but there were just so many beautiful emotions in this episode I couldn't help it :< Adding the instrumental song was a nice touch too.
Sep 13, 2020 9:53 AM
Jun 2013
it was sad with kikyo dying but something really bugged me about this episode, a lot of it is extremely close up shots of peoples faces as they talk and it's really weird. like just their heads taking up the whole screen for the duration of their dialog.
JupiterbaeSep 13, 2020 10:01 AM
Sep 16, 2020 10:41 AM

Dec 2009
That end was pretty with the ost coming in at that exact right time T___T It made me tear up and I'm full of goosebumps everywhere. That's some good music there

(Boa: Every Heart?)
Oct 4, 2020 3:19 PM

Oct 2018
I dont hate Kikyo but good riddance, how long it took for her to finally pass away? seeing Inuyasha waver between the 2 was so fucking annoying at times lol
Nov 11, 2020 4:17 AM

Dec 2007
another good episode, the episodes just keeping getting better.

from some reason, kikyo's "final death" wasn't that sad that i excepted to be.

and naraku had got away again with more shikon than ever, one more time and it will be too repetitive.

and the directing of this episode reminded me the direction of code geass from some reason xD
Jan 24, 2021 4:50 PM
Dec 2015
Honestly, it's about time Kikyo finally rests, she's already been dead. Kagura's death was way sadder for me
Mar 1, 2021 6:11 AM
Jan 2019
Damn another emotional kick in the nads, oof. It was very well done though & a very touching send off definitely felt more empathy towards her character than at any time in the series save for the tail end of the original series. 😢
dozemanerMar 1, 2021 6:15 AM
Apr 2, 2021 11:16 AM

May 2016
Naraku you fucking piece of dogshit, I never hated villains to this extent but this guy is worst.

that bgm boiled my insides, one of my fav childhood characters dying like that, iirc she was
the first character I ever shipped with someone and watching her die like that pains me more
than I thought. ;-;

Someone please find me that background music.
Apr 24, 2021 4:54 AM
Jan 2021
The people saying that Inuyasha loved them both equally I disagree. The amount of times he chose to save Kikyou over Kagome is clear that he loves her more. I’m a Kagome/Inyasha lover so even though I kinda dislike Kikyou and was a little happy she finally died, you can’t deny her and Inyashas love for each other. Never to be replaced by Kagome (the default). Also I do recall an earlier episode where Inyasha chooses Kikyou over Kagome but Kagome still chooses to stay with him.

Anyways can someone show me how to do that show/hide spoilers thing. I don’t know how to do it.
Apr 30, 2021 11:17 PM
Sep 2014
Geez. Already 2021. I just refinished this episode. Inuyasha was the first anime I'd ever watched. I remember watching the first episode of After Story Fan Dub because it hadn't officially been released yet. And even years later, rewatching the scene of Kikyo's death makes me cry. Though no one will probably see this. I'll just say that Kikyo was my favorite female character of this series because I felt like the had the best developed character and most interesting story to follow. I'm also a bit of a sucker for Miko outfits thanks to her XD
Point being, this i still one of the saddest but best episodes of an anime I've ever watched even to this day. And for those who are now watching Yashahime alongside me, let's hope Kagome doesn't get screwed like Kikyo and Inuyasha doesn't get screwed twice. If you're caught up with Yashahime, you'll know what I mean I'm sure.
May 30, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 2016
Beautiful episode. It's as if all the characters suddenly became wiser… and sadder.
Jun 28, 2021 9:54 AM

May 2019
The show has been progressing smoothly and promising so far. The delivery of the Kiyko's final scene coupled with the bgm is beautiful and emotional. The entire team all work together to defeat this piece of shit. Kiyko finally could die peacefully in the arm of the man that she loves and giving a kiss is good way to end their relationship.

Nov 15, 2021 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
This would've been a good final episode actually, though Sesshomaru would not have been involved. Guess Kohaku is next.
Feb 2, 2022 4:12 AM

Sep 2012
Don't really get the love for Inu x Kiyko. There was hardly any scenes between them that solidifies them as a couple. Most of the time they met up was to talk about strategy. They felt so distant from one another and just had a really boring interaction when you compare it to Kagome and Inuyasha. Felt like there was no chemistry. Also, I don't really get the bond between Kikyo and Kagome. Kagome crying for Kikyo made it seem like they had a long strong friendship with one another when in reality, they hardly interacted. They seem more like strangers who help each other time to time and that's it. Not really convincing. Koga and Inuyasha are more true rivals.
FlamingMangosFeb 2, 2022 4:16 AM
Dec 24, 2022 5:33 AM

Jan 2018
Sayonara, Kikyo. T-T I'm probably in the minority who liked Kikyo from the beginning and would've preferred Inuyasha to stay with Kikyo over Kagome. But it was obvious that this was a sinking ship from the start... But it's still painful. I nearly cried. As for why I wanted Inuyasha to be with Kagome instead of Kikyo, I think it might become clear in the last episode.

Kikyo is a very misunderstood and overhated character (like some other characters in the show). I'm glad this episode ended with everyone realizing they owed something to Kikyo. The best part was seeing Kagome not being jealous of her anymore. It seems she finally kept her promise from episode 48.

Goddammit, Naraku. Even though this was the episode where he was more cornered than in any previous episodes, he still got away and dealt a massive blow to Inuyasha's group, especially Inuyasha with the loss of Kikyo. And that's why I love the bastard so much (as a villain). Nothing will make me more satisfied than to see him die a miserable and pitiful death. 
Feb 10, 2023 2:09 PM

Apr 2008
Dang, people be dying like every episode now.
Mar 7, 2023 7:58 PM

Feb 2020
Hearing one of the opening songs used for Kikyo's death honestly made me sad. That specific opening was the only one to make me teary-eyed, so that was just perfect.
gunk.
Jul 24, 2023 7:24 PM
May 2023
Kikyo die,like for real this time. At least it was a proper send off to the series most tragic character beside Kagura a couple episode before.
Sep 12, 2023 11:52 PM

Jun 2020
What an episode. Kikyo is gone, and this time for good. Her relationship with Inuyasha was nothing short of a tragedy. But now, after all their efforts to destroy what obstructed their love for each other, they have their last kiss as a final farewell.

I also liked how the entire cast was expressing regret for what they could've done to save her or past misunderstandings. That scene with Kaede was also a nice touch. Plus the songs that played whenever there was a montage of what happened between Kikyo and Inuyasha 50 years ago. And the wonderful scenery. The whole moment was just so well executed.
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Sep 2018
Farewell Kikyo, a great tragic character. Now InuYasha can finally move on.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Yesterday, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2009

143 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 1, 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.