Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2014 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get Leo showing off his true powers this week? I gotta say, his ego is a bit high in this episode. Decent use of OST though to keep up with the moment.

Lucy's battle seems way too silly though imo. She needs to make a comeback. Not going too well there with Yukino either. Going by this pacing, I originally assumed Leo's battle against Natsu is going to take several episodes but it looks like the guy did good this time against him so GG him.
Stark700Dec 26, 2014 6:25 PM
Dec 26, 2014 6:38 PM
Sep 2012
So we are towards the end of the arc? I am not sure anymore, all I know is those silly battles were pointless. And Erza let Elffman have his moment, bad enough his big moment in the last arc was ruined by Ichiya, and he is not going to have any great moments in the next arc, so let him be. I love you Mira for being so kind to her brother.

Natsu vs Leo, now this is a battle, I know a lot of people are tired of Natsu getting the big final boss, joke is on you, Leo is not the final villain, to my surprise he went down before Virgo and Lybra went down, and I don't think it is because they are stronger than him, it is just celestial mages just stink. Yukino at least has been fighting for real from the beginning, so give Lybra credit, but Virgo would have been defeated long ago if Lucy took this seriously from the beginning.

Anyway it was an intense battle, though seeing Wendy and the cats try to do something was nice, though if Happy got hit by one of those things, most likely he would just have a new hair due.

But Leo is the last male celestial spirit to go down, so all we have left are female celestial spirit, go girl power? But what was the princess about to say at the end, perhaps they is more to the snake than meets the eye, and could the Celestial King be brainwashed and be the final villain, perhaps, this was a pretty solid episode, though Lucy continues to look terrible, why do the writers write her like that?

So 2 more episodes to go?
Dec 26, 2014 6:42 PM

Jul 2010
All the previous fights being all for naught!

Natsu losing the fight in the use of flames, felt like a Natsu vs Natsu battle with Loke using the same moves!

Liberum making Lucy and Yukino's fights having to end one way or another! So Virgo was going to keep up with that if it didn't Liberum didn't continue?! xD

Loke instantly losing after Natsu used his flames against himself! Ophiuchus really showing her battle power next week, it does seem better planned than expected.
Dec 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Mar 2013
Well, I must say that it's been a while since I could state that I'm actually interested in watching the next episode of fairy tail.

Looks like this arc is getting back on track. At least a little bit anyway.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Dec 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Apr 2008
Ophiuchus definitely lied to Leo. Freedom was never the goal of Liberum! Finally a decent episode after all of the bullshit in the past few weeks
Dec 26, 2014 7:31 PM

Dec 2013
Ok episode. Natsu vs Loke was alright...
Dec 26, 2014 7:47 PM
Feb 2013
i saw this on twitter:
WONDERS」収録曲「Don’t let me down」がテレビ東京系ア ニメ「フェアリーテイル」新シ リーズエンディングテーマソング に決定! 2015年1月10日(土)より オンエアスタートです♪
translate:
WONDERS "songs" Do not let me
down "is determined to TV Tokyo
A twin-lens" Fairy Tale "new series
ending theme song! January 10,
2015 (Sat) This is the on-air start

The name of the ending theme song of fairy tail , i dont know the op yet, we are gonna go through the sun village arc!

P.s the opening will be title BREAK OUT BY V6

Opening / Endin Gutema songs
from 2014/12/27 January: Artist
decision! Announces Opening /
Ending theme song broadcast
from January! ■ Opening Theme
V6: "BREAK OUT" (avex trax) ■
Ending Nishiuchi Mary: "Do not let
me down" (SONIC GROOVE)
myanime2Dec 26, 2014 7:51 PM
Dec 26, 2014 7:59 PM
Feb 2013
TRIVIA: V6 IS A JAPANESE BOY BAND WHO SANG THE AWESOME INUYASHA SONG : CHANGE THE WORLD AND BRAND NEW WORLD!!!!!!

THIS OP GONNA BE EARGASM!!!!
Dec 26, 2014 8:29 PM

Apr 2014
Ok episode. Now that Loke is out of the way Natsu can now focus on the actual boss of this arc. Didn't expect it to be that quick but I aint complaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2014 8:35 PM

Apr 2013
AAH Lucy vs Virgo isn't over yet.

Minus that good episode best since the first couple at the being of this arc. Loke has moves like Natsu's him roaring being a Lion seems fitting. Ophiuchus seems to be the master mind.
Dec 26, 2014 9:02 PM
Sep 2012
Well if Ophiuchus is the master mind, if only we had Kagura around, she could one shot her and we be done.
Dec 26, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2010
Tbh Lucy being able to control the spirits which have their gates already closed, could have been a cool plot twist. But no. We would rather have a stupid S & M fight which continues for 1000 episodes and purposely make Lucy look bad and a a damsel in distress. Because why not? It's an excuse to have a nice 'forced' NaLu moment (Not that all of their moments are like that. I am just gonna bet that's what they are aiming for ) Seriously, that's why I have come to hate certain aspects of FT when I used to love it with all my life. The writer focuses so much on pairings that he completely ignores the friendship involving members of two pairs and just keeps making opportunities for those pairs to be together all the time. For example - Gruvia and NaLu. Gray isn't made to interact with Lucy because well, it gets in the way of the so-called-canon pairs. They used to interact so much more but now? Nope. They just interact once in 50 chapters. We would rather please the majority than make room for some natural interactions, I see. Congratz on having your 'new and improved' FT which only pleases the canon shippers above anything.

Well, at least this particular episode wasn't bad. Happy being hungry made me laugh hard.
Dec 27, 2014 12:35 AM

Dec 2009
TragicRomance said:
Tbh Lucy being able to control the spirits which have their gates already closed, could have been a cool plot twist. But no. We would rather have a stupid S & M fight which continues for 1000 episodes and purposely make Lucy look bad and a a damsel in distress. Because why not? It's an excuse to have a nice 'forced' NaLu moment (Not that all of their moments are like that. I am just gonna bet that's what they are aiming for ) Seriously, that's why I have come to hate certain aspects of FT when I used to love it with all my life. The writer focuses so much on pairings that he completely ignores the friendship involving members of two pairs and just keeps making opportunities for those pairs to be together all the time. For example - Gruvia and NaLu. Gray isn't made to interact with Lucy because well, it gets in the way of the so-called-canon pairs. They used to interact so much more but now? Nope. They just interact once in 50 chapters. We would rather please the majority than make room for some natural interactions, I see. Congratz on having your 'new and improved' FT which only pleases the canon shippers above anything.

Well, at least this particular episode wasn't bad. Happy being hungry made me laugh hard.

This shit doesn't happen in the manga. Don't let the anime fillers drag down your opinion of the series as a whole.
Dec 27, 2014 12:36 AM

Dec 2009
Glad Natsu Vs. Leo only lasted one freaking episode and that the silly elements of this arc are over and done with. Can't wait to go back to canon though with the Sun Village Arc.
Dec 27, 2014 2:37 AM

May 2014
Before the arc started, I thought it would be like this:
(My imagination is sometime weird XD)

- More fights (but nah, Hiro Mashima puts some ridiculous battle with quiz game etc.)
- Manly battle between Elfman and Taurus... (I mean manly Taurus! Not Gentleman Taurus!)
- Juvia vs Aquarius
- Lucy & a huge army of Plue vs Leo
- Natsu vs final boss, the mastermind
- Happy and Carla vs Gemi and Mimi
- Bisca/Alzack vs Sagittarius
- Spirit King gets kidnapped
and so go on...

That doesn't happen... I'd like to see a huge army of Plue...
Dec 27, 2014 5:12 AM

Jul 2013
Finally a WATCHABLE episode. This filler arc has been terrible to say the least, the fight was okay, same bullsh*t power-up we see almost every fight, Natsu defeating the powerful villain who dominated him in previous fights and then getting a new power-up out of no-where and one shotting them. But what can you do, it's fairy tail.
"There comes a time.... when a real man must stay and fight.... When a true friend's dream... is laughed at by someone.... Luffy is not dead, he's going to be the Pirate King someday I know he will!!!..... and that is one thing I will never let you laugh at! NEVER!" ~Usopp
Dec 27, 2014 5:13 AM

Oct 2014
OK episode...

This entire arc has been boring imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2014 6:11 AM

May 2014
Nakama power strikes again.
Dec 27, 2014 6:44 AM

Sep 2014
At long last, this horrible filler arc ends. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief! Hopefully FT gets back to how it used to be and HOPEFULLY it uses the FT theme again.
Dec 27, 2014 6:59 AM

Jan 2013
God this filler reminded of why I really don't like battle shounen... specially this episode.
Just hurry up to the tartarus arc.
Dec 27, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2013
Finally Loke's defeated. He annoyed me a little about going on and on about freedom. Well, like they said, all of the fights are useless now that they know the truth.
The Serpent chick chanting a little prayer.
Dec 27, 2014 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
And just like that Natsu won,what else is new? -_-

Dec 27, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2014
Saskee said:
And just like that Natsu won,what else is new? -_-

sauske dies.
Dec 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
Mamichou said:
More like NaLu Power.

Natsu (FINALLY) sucks up Leo's flames. Leo is becoming more and more like Andou from Inou Battle. His Dark and Dark is better though.

I think it's 1 or 2 more episode(s) until the long awaited Sun Village Arc. Hoping that the hype is real.
Dec 27, 2014 2:47 PM

Jan 2011
Ophiuchus being the one behind it is hardly surprising, given that was digged out again specificially for this arc. And her nature, being the 13th of supposedly 12 zodiac spirit made her existence ominous even in the grand magic games. That Astral Spyritum (sound like either a cocktail or outright some sort of whisky or so) is her body makes it even more so.

The fact that they completely ignored all that just shows how stupid they are for plot purposes. To be fair, Yukino, who had the contract, doesn't show Ophiuchus is here..at least she shouldn't, now one knew before Natsu and Wendy encountered her inside her own body..

But Yukino *must* know that the contract with her is also broken. She can't possible not have tried to call her..

I also thought Natsu tried sucking up Leo's flames already and failed, like he usually does the first time he sucks up non-regular flames. Either way it's at least a huge oversight..

They also manage to completely leave the actual Spirit King out of it. No one wonders what happend to him or anything..
Dec 27, 2014 2:56 PM

Aug 2014
P0K3Gaming said:
Mamichou said:
More like NaLu Power.

Natsu (FINALLY) sucks up Leo's flames. Leo is becoming more and more like Andou from Inou Battle. His Dark and Dark is better though.

I think it's 1 or 2 more episode(s) until the long awaited Sun Village Arc. Hoping that the hype is real.

talking bout that red haired bitch arc?
Dec 27, 2014 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
I hope this arc ends in the next 2 episodes.
Dec 27, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2014
Swerv said:
P0K3Gaming said:
More like NaLu Power.

talking bout that red haired bitch arc?
I don't read the manga, so... I hope that the red haired bitch isn't Erza o.o
Dec 28, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2013
CAN THIS FILLER ARC PLEASE END NOW

HOLY BALLS
Dec 28, 2014 9:34 PM

Mar 2014
I can't wait until this arc is over...
Dec 28, 2014 9:48 PM

Oct 2012
to predictable :(

Dec 28, 2014 10:57 PM

Apr 2014
Faily Tail
Dec 29, 2014 7:40 PM

Jun 2014
I hope we are close to the end of the arc get some more real world fairy tail stuff still funny tho nastu and happy are the best:D
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Dec 29, 2014 10:24 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was pretty mediocre. Loke's forced evil-muahahaha-voice is just gross. Figured Natsu would just eat his flames and beat the crap out of the enemy. Guess I was right about this being a filler arc. There is always a disaster behind a disaster laid out in such an obvious fashion in FT.
Dec 30, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2014
It was so predictable that defeating Leo wouldn't work... A 13th celestial spirit? Come on, super fishy, I knew ophiuchus was behind it

sweet5 said:
Well, I must say that it's been a while since I could state that I'm actually interested in watching the next episode of fairy tail.

Looks like this arc is getting back on track. At least a little bit anyway.

Agreed, I haven't enjoyed a single episode in this arc for a while now, but I actually liked this one. And at the end: "Masaka..." What? Masaka what?! That will be bugging me
laputiaDec 30, 2014 6:36 AM
Jan 2, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2014
Natsu could've beaten up Leo from the beginning if he got rekt so easily from his own flames, what a shame.. I saved up 6 entire FT episodes because I knew the climax is going to come just when I reach the last episode.. Every time
Jan 2, 2015 6:03 PM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Jan 3, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2010
I have no idea what's going on.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 3, 2015 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
why
Jan 3, 2015 7:23 PM

Apr 2008
MissJaegerjaquez said:
Stark700 said:
why

New year DUH
Jan 4, 2015 7:01 PM

Jan 2012
the ending was the only thing interesting about this ep

Jan 8, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2009
This arc's worth lays entirely within weird fetishes and little girls making friends.

Don't look at me, I didn't make it.
Jan 22, 2015 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
I kind of wished Erza would beat up Elfman so it’ll be a little interesting.
Jan 23, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
Finally, a decent episode. All the other episodes have been soooo boring. The only other interesting episode was the Cana card fight thing. This is definitely the most boring arc in Fairy Tail. Nothing can save it now. Please be over soon.
Mar 4, 2015 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
Typical Fairy Tail fight I see, get stomped and then end it with one attack as always ^_^
Mar 16, 2015 2:48 PM
Mar 2014
Meh that fight was boring.
Sep 10, 2016 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Man.. Didnt expect leo to have this big of a ego!? Libra and Virgo is left and lets not forget the Ophiuchus the serpent bearer. alright episode i guess. little silly but hope for the best in the next one :3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Feb 1, 2017 9:33 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Natsu does it again. I thought it was hilarious when Wendy and cats went to stop the glowing thing, totally touch something that is emitting tons of energy lol.

That Ophiuchus sure giving off vibes of unfinished business.

Apr 13, 2017 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
Leo really thought he had an easy fight with Natsu. At first it looked like it but well we all know Natsu :D
Funny that he again ate the flames of his enemie and used them against it. That last attack was pretty cool. Hopefully we will see this attack again in the future.

Hmm I also thought that this ritual would stop with Leos defeat, but it seems Ophiuchus responsible for it continuing. I wonder if Lucy and Yukino will be able to defeat Virgo and Libra.

The princess seem to have an idea what going on.
Natsu88Apr 13, 2017 7:14 PM

Apr 21, 2017 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
Of course Natsu would eat it...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.