Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2009 11:32 AM

May 2009
Is walking good for your body? Is it like excerising?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 21, 2009 11:36 AM

Aug 2007
If you make walking your main exercise, then you really need to sort out your priorities when it comes to exercise.
Nov 21, 2009 11:36 AM

Oct 2008
yes and yes. any type of movement can be considered as exercises.
Nov 21, 2009 11:40 AM

Oct 2009
of course it is! unless its walking to the fridge to get an armful of crap food. then it kinda cancels any benefits walking would give you, out.
Nov 21, 2009 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
Although walking isn't really a exercise that you'll see much results from, as its such a low-effort "exercise" if you can even call it that. Doesn't get your heart rate up ect.
Nov 21, 2009 11:43 AM

Apr 2009
It depends, are you "walking" to the toilet or you "walking" up a mountain?
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Nov 21, 2009 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
Maybe walking over to the DVD shelf? :x

But yeah, it's good for you. If you just sit infront of the computer your feet will just rot off or something. :P
Nov 21, 2009 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Shidou said:
Is walking good for your body? Is it like excerising?

This argument, however, will get you nowhere with your mom when she tells you to get more exercise. =)
Nov 21, 2009 12:33 PM

May 2008
Yes, walking is good for you.

Nov 21, 2009 12:35 PM

Feb 2005
CDRW said:
And let's not forget the speed. If you're strolling down to the store to fetch beer and chips, I wouldn't call it exercise.
But if you are marching up a mountain with a high tempo, then obviously yes.
Nov 21, 2009 12:36 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah it is good for you, as long as you do enough of it at a quick enough pace.

So if you're really truly out of shape (puff going down the stairs? :P) start out with light strolling, then speedwalk as soon as you're used to having to walk. Gotta get your heart rate up, and casual strolling just won't do for that!

I am the senpai that notices you.

Nov 21, 2009 1:02 PM

Aug 2009
Any kind of moving is healthy. It depends on how long you are walking and how fast, to call it an excersice you need to take a very long walk or run..
DymoniaNov 21, 2009 1:05 PM
Nov 21, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
Leanne-Chan said:
Any kind of moving is healthy.

Not particuarly. It's possible to exercise the wrong way, such that you'd end up damaging your body unintentionally. Proper form will help prevent injury.

For example, when you dead lift, you add force with your legs instead of just letting your back to all the work.

As for walking... back straight. No slouching... unless... you want to develop hump back in the future.
KyuuALNov 21, 2009 1:32 PM
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Nov 21, 2009 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
KyuuA4 said:
Leanne-Chan said:
Any kind of moving is healthy.

Not particuarly. It's possible to exercise the wrong way, such that you'd end up damaging your body unintentionally. Proper form will help prevent injury.

For example, when you dead lift, you add force with your legs instead of just letting your back to all the work.

As for walking... back straight. No slouching... unless... you want to develop hump back in the future.

there you got a point xD
I didn't think about that..
Nov 21, 2009 1:39 PM

Dec 2008
10,000 steps a day. Do it.
Nov 21, 2009 1:58 PM

Feb 2009
Walking is bad for you, and very costly. Just think, if you never walked again how much money you would save on shoes. Do babies get corns, bunyouns, or fallen arches? Ever break an ankle sitting on the toilet? How about stubbing your toe? If you don't use your knees, they'd never wear out, neither would your hips!

Nowadays, feet are purely for ornamental purposes, and will soon become vestiges, much like appendices, waists and nerd penises. You can live, work and play right from your computer screen, reprogram your roomba to answer the door for food deliveries and you will know the future. Prepare yourself now, you'll outlive all those people who are constantly stressing out their bodies today. Exercise...BAH! Is there any record of a Mr Universe contestant living past 100?
Is there another word for synonym?
Nov 21, 2009 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
kraz8 said:
Walking is bad for you, and very costly. Just think, if you never walked again how much money you would save on shoes. Do babies get corns, bunyouns, or fallen arches? Ever break an ankle sitting on the toilet? How about stubbing your toe? If you don't use your knees, they'd never wear out, neither would your hips!

Nowadays, feet are purely for ornamental purposes, and will soon become vestiges, much like appendices, waists and nerd penises. You can live, work and play right from your computer screen, reprogram your roomba to answer the door for food deliveries and you will know the future. Prepare yourself now, you'll outlive all those people who are constantly stressing out their bodies today. Exercise...BAH! Is there any record of a Mr Universe contestant living past 100?

^ /facepalm
don't listen to him...
any kind of movement is exercise in its own way.

I think I forgot something...oh nvm here's my deadly laser.
Nov 21, 2009 2:30 PM
Nov 2007
Walking for 30 minutes a day is a good exercise to maintain. :)
Nov 21, 2009 2:37 PM

May 2009
walking's good, healthy
do it,

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Nov 21, 2009 2:46 PM

Aug 2008
kraz8 said:

A troll? Seriously, I don't know whether or not you're joking or serious.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Nov 21, 2009 4:32 PM

Jun 2008
Baman said:
CDRW said:
And let's not forget the speed. If you're strolling down to the store to fetch beer and chips, I wouldn't call it exercise.
But if you are marching up a mountain with a high tempo, then obviously yes.
Well, if you just walk up the mountain with a high tempo only once in your life, then it's really not much better than consistently walking to the store everyday (and let's face it, people do walk to the store more often than walking in high tempos on a mountain). Anyways, when it comes to exercise, the most important feat is consistency. Doing those pushups once is only good if you keep on doing it.
Nov 21, 2009 4:57 PM

Jun 2009
Plun said:
kraz8 said:

A troll? Seriously, I don't know whether or not you're joking or serious.

A troll you say? THINK OF THE MONEY YOU'D SAVE ON SHOES! As he says, feet are now as useless as nerd penises nowadays.
Nov 21, 2009 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
Walking gives nothing imo. It's just walking. But if you run, you may get a heart attack.
Nov 21, 2009 5:06 PM
Nov 21, 2009 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
Yes, walking is good because it's like a form of exercise. Walking just simply makes your nerves and some shits to be in a good shape, which is good for you.
Nov 21, 2009 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
Morkand-san said:
Walking gives nothing imo. It's just walking. But if you run, you may get a heart attack.
Yeah exercise = baaad!
Only us nerdy otaku get to live.

Just for the lulz:

You've probably all seen it before though....
CaMaVanNov 21, 2009 5:17 PM
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Nov 21, 2009 5:17 PM

Aug 2009
CaMaVan said:
Morkand-san said:
Yeah exercise = baaad!
Only us nerdy otaku get to live.

*thumbs up*
Nov 21, 2009 5:27 PM

Dec 2007
Walking helps the circulation of your legs, preventing those ugly things that happen when vases break (forgot the name, it's almost 2 am). It is a good exercise for those with low resistance, especially quick march, because your heart goes in a rythm that is equivalent to those of a trained person running.

I walk a lot for "professional" reasons. Still, had to get some training because I'd get tired just of walking around. If walking makes me tiring it must be exercise.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 21, 2009 11:51 PM

Oct 2008
they are called varicose veins....
Nov 22, 2009 12:00 AM

Jul 2008
brinan said:
Plun said:
kraz8 said:

A troll you say? THINK OF THE MONEY YOU'D SAVE ON SHOES! As he says, feet are now as useless as nerd penises nowadays.

The man makes sense. I sold my feet to buy a new boxset of animu.
Nov 22, 2009 12:09 AM

Feb 2008
Walking is good for your health. It's my main form of transportation, and apart from work, it's also the only exercise I get. I'm too lazy to get more exercise, but considering I walk over 15 blocks to and from a labour intensive job, I should be fine.
Nov 22, 2009 1:00 AM
Oct 2009
I did. We had a tredmill in the house but not it's outside and probably broken xD
Nov 22, 2009 1:53 AM

Jun 2009
I jog. Walking just doesn't feel like I'm building up my legs and such, even if it does work. So I jog/sprint. Although lately I've broken routine completely and only been working my arms and chest...which probably isn't good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Nov 22, 2009 3:00 AM

Oct 2009
TurnipKing said:

But yeah, it's good for you. If you just sit infront of the computer your feet will just rot off or something. :P

But i walksit when im on a com, im doing it now :)
Nov 22, 2009 4:16 AM

Dec 2007
Frito said:
they are called varicose veins....

That, thank you. Our word includes a Z
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 22, 2009 4:37 AM

Aug 2007
To put it this way, if you only want to remain somewhat healthy without too "intense" exercise, take a walk a day. However, if you're gonna use time on it, why not do some more intense workouts and get fit and in shape? If you can't that because of medical condition then you should definitely walk!
Nov 22, 2009 8:35 AM
Nov 2009
Better than doing nothing, eh? But get this: running is even better than walking! It's a great cardiovascular exercise to build up endurance.
Nov 22, 2009 8:45 AM

Nov 2007
Frequent/moderate walking is exercise.
When I was in highschool I lost weight just by walking home from school (I lived 30/40 minutes away), and not changing my diet or anything.
Walking can be really relaxing too~
Nov 22, 2009 12:04 PM

Nov 2009
Walking really is one of the best excercises for your health.
Nov 22, 2009 12:29 PM
Jun 2007
walking is a good exercise
if you use something like wrist weights or body weights its even better since your legs//mid section get a good workout
just remember to keep your self hydrated no matter what kind of workout you are doing :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.