Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 28, 2021 8:33 AM
May 2016
Alright people seemed to like this, but I'll be honest. This was horrible!

I'm not normally comfortable with watching hentai with rape anyway, but this turned that up to eleven! The protagonist is without a doubt the biggest piece of shit I've seen in an anime before (no joke!). He treats his poor innocent partner as a sex slave, berates and degrades her at every turn and doesn't really seem to care about her. And we're supposed to root for this guy? Next, he proceeds to look at EVERY FEMALE in this universe as a sex trophy and nothing more, which IS NOT AN INTERESTING CHARACTER TRAIT, it's just lazy character writing, even for a hentai it's lazy. And then, when he shows off his skills (in a poorly animated 30 second fight) he proceeds to rape the girl he saved, then when it's all done he acts like a righteous saviour? AND THEN HE COMPLAINS ABOUT WANTING TO FUCK SOMEONE?! Fuck me this guy is the worst. I kinda wished that girl with the knife at the end just got it over with and stabbed him in the neck.

Apart from all that, while the character designs are nice and the backgrounds look decent, the actual sex scenes are stupidly over the top and weren't sexy at all, ironically. The only one I sorta liked was the blowjob scene with the boss' second in command, and that lasted all of ten seconds!

Also for an anime that is labeled as a comedy, it wasn't particularly funny. At least I didn't find it funny. I don't even know if I was supposed to laugh, is there something wrong with ME?!

So yeah, don't really care enough about the plot to continue this, I didn't have an enjoyable experience and didn't attempt to fap ONCE, and that may be the greatest sin this show could commit. This show probably would have been better off as a traditional fantasy anime with minor ecchi elements, but the likes of Konosuba or Interspecies Reviewers probably would have shot it in the head for even daring to try...
Jan 29, 2021 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
ShyGuyDY said:
The protagonist is without a doubt the biggest piece of shit I've seen in an anime before (no joke!). He treats his poor innocent partner as a sex slave, berates and degrades her at every turn and doesn't really seem to care about her. And we're supposed to root for this guy? Next, he proceeds to look at EVERY FEMALE in this universe as a sex trophy and nothing more, which IS NOT AN INTERESTING CHARACTER TRAIT, it's just lazy character writing, even for a hentai it's lazy. And then, when he shows off his skills (in a poorly animated 30 second fight) he proceeds to rape the girl he saved, then when it's all done he acts like a righteous saviour?

Listen, that's a lot of words, you can just say "I'm a normie" and click post and we'd get it
May 25, 2021 1:43 AM
May 2021
Does anyone know the voice actor for Rance?
Jun 10, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2009
AziaTheNeko said:

Given as "由嘉鈍" in the credits
Jun 24, 2021 12:04 AM
Jun 2021
ShyGuyDY said:
Alright people seemed to like this, but I'll be honest. This was horrible!

I'm not normally comfortable with watching hentai with rape anyway, but this turned that up to eleven! The protagonist is without a doubt the biggest piece of shit I've seen in an anime before (no joke!). He treats his poor innocent partner as a sex slave, berates and degrades her at every turn and doesn't really seem to care about her. And we're supposed to root for this guy? Next, he proceeds to look at EVERY FEMALE in this universe as a sex trophy and nothing more, which IS NOT AN INTERESTING CHARACTER TRAIT, it's just lazy character writing, even for a hentai it's lazy. And then, when he shows off his skills (in a poorly animated 30 second fight) he proceeds to rape the girl he saved, then when it's all done he acts like a righteous saviour? AND THEN HE COMPLAINS ABOUT WANTING TO FUCK SOMEONE?! Fuck me this guy is the worst. I kinda wished that girl with the knife at the end just got it over with and stabbed him in the neck.

Apart from all that, while the character designs are nice and the backgrounds look decent, the actual sex scenes are stupidly over the top and weren't sexy at all, ironically. The only one I sorta liked was the blowjob scene with the boss' second in command, and that lasted all of ten seconds!

Also for an anime that is labeled as a comedy, it wasn't particularly funny. At least I didn't find it funny. I don't even know if I was supposed to laugh, is there something wrong with ME?!

So yeah, don't really care enough about the plot to continue this, I didn't have an enjoyable experience and didn't attempt to fap ONCE, and that may be the greatest sin this show could commit. This show probably would have been better off as a traditional fantasy anime with minor ecchi elements, but the likes of Konosuba or Interspecies Reviewers probably would have shot it in the head for even daring to try...

I don't know what you are talking about?

Rance is one of the most well written character.

Also Konosuba is good but it doesn't stand a chance against Rance.
Jun 28, 2021 10:05 PM
Jun 2021
AziaTheNeko said:

In Rance 03 his va is the same as Bruno buccerati
Nov 12, 2021 4:24 PM

Nov 2010
Rance is such a badass trying to rape every cute girl he can lay his eyes on. Anyway, kinda sucks some of those cute girls managed to fight him off. I guess he's still weak here. In the VNs starting around Rance VI, he can rape almost any girl easily. lol

Thoroughly enjoyed Sill and Pulptenk's sex scenes. Damn, that Pulptenks is so pretty. She deserved to be ravaged like that. hehe
Feb 24, 2022 8:09 PM
Feb 2022
as really nice. It's weird hearing Rance talk, just like it was in Desert Guardian, but this VA was kinda meh. Maybe I was expecting a little too much though... anyways, I can't wait for this episode to get subbed now!
Feb 24, 2022 8:10 PM
Feb 2022
as really nice. It's weird hearing Rance talk, just like it was in Desert Guardian, but this VA was kinda meh. Maybe I was expecting a little too much though... anyways, I can't wait for this episode to get subbed now!
Mar 6, 2022 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
Piter675 said:

It's been subbed for years mate...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Mushoku tensei was inspired by Rance

Potatoking345 - Aug 30, 2021

2 by Zarutaku »»
Jan 22, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Rance 01: Hikari wo Motomete The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Hentai - Jun 24, 2016

35 by Lemonov »»
Jul 22, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Rance 01: Hikari wo Motomete The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

Hentai - Jun 26, 2015

38 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Mar 9, 2022 12:31 AM

Poll: » Rance 01: Hikari wo Motomete The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Hentai - Jan 30, 2016

37 by MxS7HGS »»
Nov 12, 2021 6:41 PM

» Rance = Terrible waste of time

Sonicsucks12 - Jun 3, 2016

6 by Tyrel »»
Jun 11, 2016 5:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.