Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 27, 2014 5:13 PM
Jan 2013
DawnJ said:
You are simply explaining what happened in the story that I already know. I'll say it again: you are second-guessing. It's so easy to "put the pieces together" when you already finished watching/reading a story. Plus, you are wrong.

The "fairy system" never existed in the former generations. Yes, we could expect they were somehow related to disabilities by looking at Gyuki (but other fairies does not much have "hints"), but fairies gone and the disabilties gone? I guess gods can retroactively change everything, no wonder, they are almighty eh? This is going so dumb.

And about Taisha, any comments about it not from the creators are simply pointless. I'll skip it.

p.s.MAL forum board system is freaking up, so hard to write.

You are actually wrong. The fairy system was implemented in the previous generation just before the battle where Gin died, Sonoko Mankai'd 20 times, and Togo lost her memories.

And of course it's easy to put the pieces together retroactively, but if you were able to see these pieces before the final episode, then it made sense the way the series concluded. This is not second guessing, this is just paying close attention to the narrative. The show was able to divert our attention away from the obvious clues while still leaving in enough information in previous episodes for the ending to make sense and flow fluently. This is indicative of good writing, not "going so dumb".
Dec 27, 2014 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
sroque said:
You are actually wrong. The fairy system was implemented in the previous generation just before the battle where Gin died, Sonoko Mankai'd 20 times, and Togo lost her memories.

And of course it's easy to put the pieces together retroactively, but if you were able to see these pieces before the final episode, then it made sense the way the series concluded. This is not second guessing, this is just paying close attention to the narrative. The show was able to divert our attention away from the obvious clues while still leaving in enough information in previous episodes for the ending to make sense and flow fluently. This is indicative of good writing, not "going so dumb".

Oh, I was actually wrong about the comment, sorry about that. I think fairies are just there for support anyway.

That "things can be explained" does not impress me much as I don't like its editing and composition in this episode. Also, it's still convenient in ways. Let's say about the foreshawing.

Power from gods are already used many times to defeat enemies -> heroes became crippled.
Enemies defeated -> No longer heroes -> they are recovered/recovering. Wow, free of charge when it's already been used and gone? I want to be the customer.

Oh, foreshadowing was so foreshadowing.

The more settings become flexible, the more I don't need to care about them as it leads to "because gods".

Kenji_The_Engi said:
this comment gave me autism

Don't go full yuusha.
DawnJDec 27, 2014 5:48 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 27, 2014 6:21 PM
Jan 2013
DawnJ said:

Oh, I was actually wrong about the comment, sorry about that. I think fairies are just there for support anyway.

That "things can be explained" does not impress me much as I don't like its editing and composition in this episode. Also, it's still convenient in ways. Let's say about the foreshawing.

Power from gods are already used many times to defeat enemies -> heroes became crippled.
Enemies defeated -> No longer heroes -> they are recovered/recovering. Wow, free of charge when it's already been used and gone? I want to be the customer.

Oh, foreshadowing was so foreshadowing.

The more settings become flexible, the more I don't need to care about them as it leads to "because gods".

It's not really "free of charge" as the girls still all went through hardships and pain that will ultimately leave a lasting impression on them. It's like going to war, getting injured in said war, and then recovering after being discharged. Would you call this "free of charge"? Of course not. Each of these girls' experiences changed their lives, and though most of these changes were positive, you cannot deny that it was important for their characterization and conclusion of character arcs.
Dec 27, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
sroque said:
It's not really "free of charge" as the girls still all went through hardships and pain that will ultimately leave a lasting impression on them. It's like going to war, getting injured in said war, and then recovering after being discharged. Would you call this "free of charge"? Of course not. Each of these girls' experiences changed their lives, and though most of these changes were positive, you cannot deny that it was important for their characterization and conclusion of character arcs.

They might get PTSD, but that's not what gods gave them in exchange. It's a natural thing that could happen to anyone experiencing extreme situations.

Gods took part(s) of body and/or bodily function(s) and gave them powers, and the powers are used and gone, and now all those offerings are refunded(not really a refund as used powers can be returned). But come to think of it, it could be a prize or a compensation from gods, who knows, they are gods.

The improvement on the system is quite positive and I don't mind it much, but the thing is that it acted retroactively and I don't like it. Also the inconsistencies (for now) of the recovering explained (kinda) by a few lines in this episode, "it's just works that way" is never a satisfying answer. Of course authors don't need to explain everything, but without much explanation, it just looks cheap.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 27, 2014 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
Well, that was pretty good.
For the most part, I was kinda rooting for the "rocks fall, everyone dies" end, or maybe the "Girl in coma forever" end. Still, they deserved some happiness after all that.

Final episode was a little "whiplashy", as someone said, but MAL people need to learn what the word "asspull" means.
Personally, I was thinking that a full 24 episodes would have been interesting, with the second half of the show starting after they found out about the outside world, and things change to them trying to deal with that situation.

Instead, we're apparently going to be getting a sequel (at least a Light Novel) to this, and that reddit theory is definitely something I'd like to see.
Dec 28, 2014 1:02 AM

May 2008

"YUNA...Hard Work and Guts!"
Dec 28, 2014 5:51 AM

Oct 2009
sroque said:
DawnJ said:
You are simply explaining what happened in the story that I already know. I'll say it again: you are second-guessing. It's so easy to "put the pieces together" when you already finished watching/reading a story. Plus, you are wrong.

The "fairy system" never existed in the former generations. Yes, we could expect they were somehow related to disabilities by looking at Gyuki (but other fairies does not much have "hints"), but fairies gone and the disabilties gone? I guess gods can retroactively change everything, no wonder, they are almighty eh? This is going so dumb.

And about Taisha, any comments about it not from the creators are simply pointless. I'll skip it.

p.s.MAL forum board system is freaking up, so hard to write.

Sorry to burst your bubble but fairy system was implemented after Gin's death. That comes as package with the Mankai system in the chapter 7 of light novel after they

Yuuna and the others (except Togo) is actually technically the 3rd generation where the girls was taken from outside of Taisha's family, using the improved terminal from 2nd generation data after they
which gives the girls the ability to seal the Vertex.

That is one of the reason I was skeptical of the goodwill of the Taisha, and I know how Sonoko and Togo despises them.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 28, 2014 10:56 PM
Jan 2013
azzuRe said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but fairy system was implemented after Gin's death. That comes as package with the Mankai system in the chapter 7 of light novel after they

Yuuna and the others (except Togo) is actually technically the 3rd generation where the girls was taken from outside of Taisha's family, using the improved terminal from 2nd generation data after they
which gives the girls the ability to seal the Vertex.

That is one of the reason I was skeptical of the goodwill of the Taisha, and I know how Sonoko and Togo despises them.

Sorry, I meant to say just after Gin died but before Sonoko mankai'd 20 times. That was my bad. My point was that it was present in the previous generation, that's all.
Dec 29, 2014 12:10 AM

May 2013
Sasuga Takahiro. 7/10

Is Yuna was in coma after the battle? Its kinda...different for me.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 29, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
from her reaction with the udon it looks like her taste isnt back or its gone for good
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Dec 29, 2014 6:42 AM

Mar 2012
This anime should be renamed as ''Yuuna Ga Crippled''

7/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 29, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
ilok said:
asspull episode, might have to reduce rating...

edit: reduced to 1/10

You only rate 1 or 10? lol...interesting I guess.
Dec 31, 2014 4:56 AM

Nov 2012
nintendofreak768 said:
when it comes to the ending, I don't agree that it was as much of an asspull as everyone says it is. All Shinju-sama did was give back the sacrifices. He just...gave it back like that.

This implies that shinju it isn't as bad of a guy as we all thought.

I kinda wish they mad Yunna's come back more dramatic like, "I could hear you in the darkness" or something like that.

Thanks for the explanation.

As for the ending, hmm, yes that would be really good and raise the score on MAL, but well looks like this also not a bad ending right? me 8/10
Dec 31, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2011
I've been granted with an idealistic ending (which I so surely love), but I can't understand how no longer being an offering means they've handed back the things you had to sacrifice. Then again happy endings are always a win ending for me anyway.
7/10
Overall, it had a really good start but it really started to fall off for me about at the time they introduced the previous hero (nogi sonoko).
Jan 1, 2015 2:42 AM

Sep 2014
Nice story overall. It felt a bit slow at the start, but it started to ramp up around episode 5/6 and the last couple of episodes were great. As others have pointed out, everything that happened was hinted at earlier on, though it only becomes clear near the very end.
Mirai, zura~!
Jan 1, 2015 5:02 AM

Dec 2012
I wouldn't say the ending was a complete asspull, but it was definitely overly convenient. My guess is that Shinju-sama was moved by Yuna's efforts as well as the drastic measures that the rest of the girls took and decided to abolish the hero system. Considering how dark this had been getting, I thought it could go either way so I'm not particularly bothered by a happy ending (and hell, that might have saved my soul and tissue box for a few days). As for Yuna's recovery, I guess that was to be expected when the themes of friendship and never giving up are overflowing for 12 episodes. I'm at least glad that not everything was regulated and repaired by the Shinju-sama as Mimori points out.

And even with the happy ending aside, it still doesn't change that depressing fact that the universe is in shambles and that their world is still doing everything it can to not falter in that broken space. It also seems as though the fight will never truly be over, since the girls mention trusting the next generation to protect them.

Well with all of that said, I picked up YuuYuuYuu expecting a cute, harmless SOL. I wonder if this is how people felt when Madoka Magica first came out, as the magical girls & drama part of the package completely overwhelmed any and all expectations at that point. It's not to say the surprise was unwelcome, but I honestly still enjoyed the lighthearted SOL side of this show the most. It really could have completely cut out the drama and action and I would have enjoyed it all the same. Not to belittle those other aspects though, since the emotional scenes - particularly Fuu's breakdown over Itsuki's voice - really got to me too.

7.5/10, this is definitely going to remain my biggest surprise of the season and probably of 2014.
Jan 1, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2014
Wow I expected a semi-bad ending or something, but this ending is fine too.
The ending is left with so many speculations, which is nice.
This series easily become the Anime of the Season for me! Amazing OST, cute characters, impactful scenes, intense, heartwarming and sad moments, everything. Brilliant! Kudos to all of the staff!
10/10 Deserve more, actually. One of few anime able to make me cry.
Yuna best girl! Glad she's fine in the end.
Jan 2, 2015 2:23 AM
Sep 2011
Ehhhhh. I enjoyed the ending, but it was kinda generic.

The best bit of the episode is that Togo's feelings finally clicked for me. She learned she'd forgotten a close friend, and she was terrified of forgetting and being forgotten by her current friends, particularly Yuuna. No wonder she freaked out.

I didn't notice this until I read some comments, but how did Karin join the stop-the-sun effort? She was deafblind, she had no way of knowing where it even was. Unless her magical girl form started including an accommodation feature, like Togo's tentacle-legs? But that seemed to be a special case - noone else's magical girl forms accommodated them - so...

Their recovery makes perfect sense in the context of them being relieved of their duties... but it wasn't really explained why they were relieved of their duties after the battle. Or, for that matter, how the battle actually resolved anything. This is the biggest problem.

I liked the idea of Yuuna being left comatose for a little while to create drama, but it didn't really have any tension to it, since the show had already established its trend of fakeouts (starting way back in episode 5 when everyone was dazed after the battle). The execution of them waiting for her was decent, I suppose.

I liked that their recoveries were all gradual, not instant. And the role reversal of Togo pushing Yuuna's wheelchair was adorable.

kjesta said:
Mixed feelings.

On one hand, I don't need grimdark shit to consider a show good, I'm glad it's a happy ending.

On the other hand, I wish some of the disabilities had stayed. I understand why they were removed, but the reason I even started watching was because there was a disabled magical girl who kicked as much ass as everybody else, and we don't see nearly enough cool, disabled people in media. Too many times, disabled peoples' stories are always about them needing to be "fixed". Sometimes you gotta accept it and move on, even with a leg missing or a blind eye or unable to speak, that's beautiful too.

^^ Also this.

So. The ending wasn't as good as I hoped, but the show was still worth the ride. I'm keeping it at my current rating of 8/10.
Jan 2, 2015 9:15 AM

Mar 2008
For some reason a part of me was hoping for Togo to succeed and for the world to end in nothingness.

But I'm ok with a happy ending as well.
Jan 3, 2015 9:44 AM

Jun 2012
I finally got to finish this. ALL THE FEELS!
Jan 4, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
I wasn't completely satisfied with the ending, until I thought 'what was Togo actually saying?' and rewatched that part. Yuna has got to still be fighting, in some way or other, and taking the burden on herself. This isn't an ending that the series set people up to expect earlier, so I still really don't like how it was presented as a generic cheerful ending. I mean, in ep 11, Togo was very sympathetic while she was trying to destroy the world. There definitely wasn't much by way of foreshadowing—but I suppose from the very first episode Yuna was set apart from the others.

That is to say, she transformed by her own willpower, so she must have been the sole Hero who was never completely bound to the Hero System for her power. Probably, no matter how much any of the others tried, they'd never be able to what she did because they aren't as strong as her, and had already, irreversibly been chained to the Hero System.That's how I would guess Yuna revived after being knocked down and locked out of her app, and then came back from paralysis. (Perhaps the extent of what the others' willpower could accomplish was their revival to fight the Leo vertex, even Karin's from being deaf and blind.)
Jan 5, 2015 6:40 AM

Sep 2008
People seriously think this was an asspull? lmao
Jan 6, 2015 7:20 AM

Oct 2013
I really liked the ending. The only thing that left me unsatisfied was the final battle, it wasn't as intense as I expected, but hey, still great.

I'm annoyed that people bash on the ending just because it's happy and gives a positive message. The "willpower" thing touched me even though it's cliché. I wasn't expecting that they'd fully recover, but it still makes sense and I'm very happy for it.
The past isn't important. What is important is whether or not you can smile right now.
Jan 6, 2015 11:41 AM

Mar 2013
So much for the consequences. At the end nothing changes, the next girls will get into this battle and will suffer probably the same... such a unsatisfying ending. Very little is explained as well. I mean, those girls cant be the first one who almost got this system destroyed... with such unstable circumstances its hard to believe this system would hold longer than a year... and since this thing is supost be hundrets of years old its pretty weird to see it work with freaking smartphones and an app, lol. The whole drama at the end was unecessary since it has already been established that they will get better and everyone will be happy at the end. Pretty boring anime overall.. way too much moe and slice of life moments (they even got a freaking beach and hotspring epiosde) and the end tore it apart.. 2/10 (for the soundtrack and the consequence idea, which were nice)
Jan 10, 2015 1:38 AM
Mar 2012
Was glad to get a happy end 'asspull' I expected and hoped for. But it's not quite 'asspull' since there's enough build-up foreshadowing, ep7, talk with Sonoko, messages with Taisha saying they'll investigate the body issues and expect things get better etc. Also thanks to folks who explained details in earlier posts.
but never saying if/how they can get better)
At the end, Yuna & Togo believe healing was due 'willpower' which fits better with middle schoolers bantering in a SOL. Itsuki who mentioned Shinju helped is probably correct explanation. Recall these 5 kids are not narrators, they're speaking in their understanding/pov. Fuu mentioned taking back offerings before. In the end it's not sacrifice/offerings per se, it's closer to a trade. Do a Mankai to initiate a trade, sell a body part to buy one familiar (+1 level up). Taisha never revealed the reverse is viable (and they don't want to because they need heroes with stronger powers), which is why Togo betrayed them.
I still believe Togo's decision was right, at the time. The betrayal served to force Taisha/Shinju to reconsider the Mankai sacrifice and improve the system. Now they retired heros completely (buy back body parts, sell familiars), and will find new heroes. But I don't get why Sonoko's ~20 familiar's were kept active so long without her fighting. Was she kept as backup in case the heroes failed?

I did find some SOL episodes a bit bland. But fighting to keep that nichijou somehow felt compelling, with the nice osts and action. In the end there's some character developments, and the major plot change was the improved hero system. It might be better to clarify & emphasize that, as in a way it's like how the system grows in Pycho-pass 1 & 2.
Jan 11, 2015 5:38 AM
Aug 2013
2014 anime of the year. That was incredible. 9/10
Jan 12, 2015 7:56 PM

May 2012
Oh snap that ending <3 pretty damn nice touch for ending off the series. This was a quite lovely anime in general with some intense shoujo action and interesting character development so all in all it was pretty damn good!
Jan 14, 2015 4:34 AM

Sep 2014
If Tougou had destroyed the world, that would be the happiest ending.
Jan 14, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
Ha! Looks like Shinju-sama learned his lesson. He was probably afraid but he refused to admit it by saying that he had the data he needed and won't need anymore offerings. He's afraid that the Heroes would harm him again. xD

Meh.... what do I know?

Never really watched a Mahou Shoujo anime before (watched the first episode of Madoka and I hated the art) so I don't really know how to rate it.

I enjoyed it very much though. 10/10 for my personal enjoyment.

Really wish they adapt Washio Sumi wa Yusha de Aru
Jan 14, 2015 9:45 PM
Sep 2011
why do they all magically get better in the end? is this ever actually explained?
i would have rated higher if the ending had been more satisfying...
Jan 15, 2015 12:16 AM

Aug 2011
I randomly started watching this because it looked cute. And boy what a wrong impression this gave off, and I'm glad I stuck with it for more than three episodes.

I loved every minute, and I can't wait to see if a second season will be produced. This felt like a real story, although I didn't read the prequel LN so I didn't understand some bits, but reading that reddit post opened my eyes a lot more. I loved how important each character was, and how they weren't there for the sake of having a girl for each color.

I'm not sure why every anime with dark themes needs to end on an evil note. After this second half I was over their suffering and my head was hurting from crying (I almost threw up yo); I, personally, needed a happy ending to be satisfied, and the destruction of the entire universe wasn't what I was hoping for. Seeing Yuna as a vegetable sent me in hysterics.

I'm glad they got their bodies back, but we need a second season, or a movie, something to explain what happened with the Shinju and Yuna.

Proud to say, this anime beats Madoka Magica in... almost every way. Beautiful anime.

10/10 overall.

Jan 16, 2015 8:22 PM

Mar 2011
well that was a lot more enjoyable than i thought it would be. outside of one of the middle episodes, it gets better up until the finale. also, great opening/ending themes by the cast.

it's strange though. when you look back on the series it feels like everything just happened for no reason, and yet the ending is still fulfilling in some way.
Jan 17, 2015 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
As happy as I am that they all made it out okay, I am not happy they all made it out okay. I want tragedy and despair up to the final moments. I want to bawl my face off in sadness, lol.

But you know what? I am still pleasantly surprised. This turned out to be a very solid watch.

"End of Yuuna's chapter"? o_o
Jan 23, 2015 7:48 PM

May 2013
I was expecting ending similar to Madoka Magicka (still havent seen 3rd movie yet)

Where one of them sacrifices herself for others but bam asspull magic heal ._.

And ending quote "Yuki Yuna's Chapter" just screams with season 2
Jan 26, 2015 3:18 PM

Jan 2008
I hope everyone who wanted a sad ending gets eaten by the Vertex or sacrificed to the World Tree.
There really will be no attacks for a while while the Vertex regroup.
There are two ways to look at the ending:
1. There is a new way to fight without needed sacrifices.
2. Nothing actually changed and a new group of girls will be chosen. They are keeping Yuuna and friends in the dark about it because they almost destroyed the world.

2 is more cynical, but also less likely. If it were true, then there would have been no need to give back Nogi Sonoko's sacrifices.
DmonHiroJan 26, 2015 3:21 PM
Jan 27, 2015 7:35 AM

Feb 2011
was expecting something better
Feb 1, 2015 11:26 AM

Nov 2013
The ending wasn't bad, although it could've done better if it had extended the epilogue and make a 13th episode instead of bunching it all together. I think that's why the ending seemed a bit sudden. But thankfully, I've took note of those foreshadowing that some of you mentioned and found the ending to be alright. ^^

To be honest, I'm really glad it didn't end with a grimdark (or whatever people call it) ending because it would really ruin the show's flow in my opinion.

8/10!
Feb 1, 2015 4:55 PM

Jan 2008
Well, the story is not actually over yet. There is a sequel to the LN its based off.
Feb 2, 2015 12:13 AM

Jun 2009
So why exactly is everyone better in the end? Just because? Well to be honest I don't really care, I like the happy ending. Happy for those girls at least...and who cares about their successors? They certainly don't xD

7/10 overall, it was good. Was actually close to an 8 but I felt this wrap up was a bit too convenient.
grandy_UiDFeb 2, 2015 12:20 AM
Feb 3, 2015 8:17 PM
Oct 2014
I enjoyed this show, but the infodump, slice of life episodes and rushed story kind of threw me away. The happy ending fixed most things. Overall a good show. 7/10, would have had more if it had more explaining and less slice of life.
Feb 5, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2008
Here's why everyone is better by the end. First, you should remember the line that Fuu gave when she wanted to eat the offerings at the beach house. "You can take back the offerings if they've been there for a long time".

Now, here's how the hero system works. First, you get a fairy that connects you to the gods. Said fairy acts like a shield, but that is its only purpose. It cannot attack. You cannot be harmed by physical attacks because the fairy will create a barrier. But if your power is not enough, you will get knocked out. If you need more power, you can bloom, and take even more power from the gods. I believe that it's not the blooming itself that causes after-effects, but what happens after. You become more powerful even after the blooming has stopped, and you get a new fairy. The new fairy gives you a new ability (like Itsuki got the power to reflect attacks), but you lose a part of yourself. That part was used to create the new fairy. In fact, it IS the part you used. So when the gods took back the fairies, they transformed them back into the parts they were made out of.

Now, why did the gods do this? Because they probably understood that the reason Megumi attacked the Sinju was BECAUSE they were losing parts of their bodies. I don't think the gods understood that for humans, losing parts of themselves is horrible. To them it might not mean much, since they gave up their forms to create the barriers.
Feb 5, 2015 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
I thought for a second, she can't wake up.
Very happy ending after all that's what I needed ^_^
Feb 22, 2015 7:58 AM
May 2012
DmonHiro said:
Here's why everyone is better by the end. First, you should remember the line that Fuu gave when she wanted to eat the offerings at the beach house. "You can take back the offerings if they've been there for a long time".

Now, here's how the hero system works. First, you get a fairy that connects you to the gods. Said fairy acts like a shield, but that is its only purpose. It cannot attack. You cannot be harmed by physical attacks because the fairy will create a barrier. But if your power is not enough, you will get knocked out. If you need more power, you can bloom, and take even more power from the gods. I believe that it's not the blooming itself that causes after-effects, but what happens after. You become more powerful even after the blooming has stopped, and you get a new fairy. The new fairy gives you a new ability (like Itsuki got the power to reflect attacks), but you lose a part of yourself. That part was used to create the new fairy. In fact, it IS the part you used. So when the gods took back the fairies, they transformed them back into the parts they were made out of.

Now, why did the gods do this? Because they probably understood that the reason Megumi attacked the Sinju was BECAUSE they were losing parts of their bodies. I don't think the gods understood that for humans, losing parts of themselves is horrible. To them it might not mean much, since they gave up their forms to create the barriers.

Nice, thanks for the info. I kinda wondered myself but at least this does explain it for me.

Sadly, the story seemed poor-paced, because it felt so rushed even until the end. During the episode wherein they lost part of their bodies, it finally became dark or serious and I immediately thought this kind of premise or atmosphere seemed similar with Madoka Magica or wiXoss, and it kinda got me interested how this will end. For now, I would say this would be a good ending to cap the story. But still, overall, needs some work especially on the story and the animation department.

6/10
Mar 1, 2015 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
Overall I have to say that I was surprised this TV series, since it would not start with the best auspices, in fact, the PV for its launch had not minimally lit my interest, but after the first episode, everything changed.
The season finale was not evil, perhaps too sweet for some, but I am of the opinion that it fits perfectly.
Drawings and animations very good, the work of Studio Gokumi was more than good.
Soundtrack very beautiful, also of the same opinion for the opening and the ending.
The characters are well characterized, although it could do more in-depth.
Sets and nice colors.
My ratings for this TV series, is 7.5 / 10!
Mar 5, 2015 10:42 PM

Jun 2011
Terribly forced tearjerks. But people like it because it makes them sad.

What's with Yuna's fall at the end, I sensed that it's not the end yet.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2015 9:51 AM

Oct 2012
Love and magic to the rescue, yaaay!
Or not.

This was really bad end. To suddenly lose powers to fight and magically get better just because Yuuna said so was one big asspull. Not to mention they didn't save the world in the first place. Not to mention they overlooked Taisha's manipulation that was unresolved. They wanted to save the world yet in the end they are pretty oblivious to what happens next if they are selfishly cured. Tougo doesn't care about other sacrifices anymore as long it's not her. They are ok to live in lies.

This was by not means satisfactory closure at all.

5/10
Mar 21, 2015 12:15 AM

Sep 2014
Uh, what? I would have been more impressed with a debbie downer ending. Oh well, at least some of it was good.

6/10
Mar 24, 2015 9:00 AM

Oct 2008
FFF late!

What's the point of this anime if they're all gonna heal!? and from the looks of it, Tougou could even walk wherein I think she's handicapped in the first place! and look! even Sonoko Nogi also healed! what the heck!?!

I'm going to rate this down as 6.

Looks like the power of beloved friends always wins eh!?!?.

Mar 28, 2015 8:47 PM

Feb 2013
The ending was nice... but...

Where's my tragic horrible ending? Karin's sacrifice was all for nothing (emotionally). I wanted this to leave me crying... oh well. It was still one of the better anime in a while.

Wow, tough crowd... and I thought I scored stuff low... 8/10 for me (very good). I can overlook its minor flaws for the excellent dark-ish atmosphere and near-tragedy.
BurntJellyMar 28, 2015 8:53 PM
Apr 6, 2015 10:54 PM

Nov 2012
Things just "happened" this episode, literally, lol

It was a good watch, this whole series. My only problems come with the mysterious powers of the Taisha, and the ending. I have a theory that Taisha doesn't want to cause any more encounters like this ever again, and therefore doesn't want to, doesn't take any more sacrifices as human emotions cause a stir in how they work.

What I find sad, is that I never realized that Tougou was actually the 'weak' one during the whole fighting.

Another theory is that Yunna was negotiating with Taisha while she was in her sleep. As a matter of fact, why does Taisha need sacrifices to begin with?

Enough with my talk. It was a good series. Great music, decent action, moderately good ending, different yet somewhat average artstyle. 7/10
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

187 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.