Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they are going for a climatic battle after all in the end. Plenty of action and screaming of YUUUUUUUNA. The feels is still there in the real world. Yuuna really did make herself a hero though.

Good to see her alive. She's also in a wheelchair now but the battle is over. It's a Christmas miracle :D. Rating this 7/10. I wouldn't mind another season.
Dec 25, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2012
wow not bad
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 25, 2014 9:48 AM

May 2009
Anyone expected bad end? Asspull happy ending.

Man this series is overated as fuck. Most of episodes were boring, even during sections in that monster world (I forgot name).
bastek66Dec 25, 2014 12:23 PM
Dec 25, 2014 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
This god damn episode, holy jesus.
That ruse at the end too, remove writers please.

Can't say I'm extremely happy with this but man, if you wanted to make me cry then you got it.

Kinda dissapointed really though, this ending was sort predictable with how much this series has thrown at us and I expected them to man up and keep it going but oh well, even an open end would be better.

At least they showed Sonoko, too bad a certain someone is dead for sure.
We'll never forget you ;_;

But I think I speak for everyone when I say we need this after the past weeks' episodes. I have been healed.

Merry Christmas and fuck Takahiro.

8.5/10
Dec 25, 2014 10:02 AM

Aug 2010
I can't believe it! The Takahiro ride is over and I'm not emotionally crippled for the rest of my life. I didn't think this would be possible. A very strong ending episode even if some things are not completely explained, more supplementary material maybe? Anyway, 5/5 would ride again, this show needed a happy ending no matter what.

As for the series, I definitely loved every last second of it. The characterization was nice and unlike a certain other series I'm not going to name because the fanboys would rip me a new one, I actually cared about the girls here as they were properly established as characters and not just walking archetypes that only served the purpose to move the plot and conveniently kill them off for the sake of shock value, without us knowing anything about their real personalities. The OST was absolutely fantastic, we also had fanservice and plenty of yuri subtext. 8/10 my favorite show this year.
Dec 25, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2014
Dec 25, 2014 10:56 AM

Oct 2010
New type of SoL, the producer says so too.
This season's only series which really hyped me as the show progress.
Great ride overall, I loved all the characters.
9/10
Dec 25, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
One of the best happy endings ever and my it was filled with tearjerkers and crowning moments of heartwarming.

9/10 Very memorable and unexpected end to the series

Dec 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Dec 2011
See, I said it could have a decent happy ending.

Still anime of the year. I'll have to rewatch it at some point.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 25, 2014 11:45 AM

Apr 2012
It's been a while since I've shed tears at all watching anime, but it looks like this has broken that streak.

Happy ending...fuck yes!

inb4 ass pull ending
Edit: As you were
AndyRayyDec 25, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 25, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2011
Incidentally, right at the end we had a message saying "Yuuki Yuuna's Chapter". We've got Tougou's chapter in novel form. I wonder if we'll be seeing "chapter"s for any other characters.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 25, 2014 12:02 PM

Jan 2012
So we just got the last episode, and I was honestly expecting them all to die or at least become crippled husks. Instead...they all get better due to...willpower......yeah.

See, this is one of the dangers when you try too hard to make a show "dark." I have read plenty of comments on various boards about how something like this is automatically "better by being serious or dark." I definitely don't think that's necessarily true. I think it CAN be, but it shouldn't be assumed. So now we come to this ending...and they decide to go for a happy ending. I would have been FINE with this except...they went out of their way over the last several episodes to make sure we knew the situation was hopeless. If a series does this, it better follow through and give the bleak ending. If it doesn't, it better give a damn strong reason why it didn't...and "the power of willpower" was NOT a satisfying explanation. I'm left feeling confused by it all. If this was the planned ending all along why did they go so overboard on the darkness? It makes absolutely no sense, and this conclusion feels very weak. I love the fact that they're all okay because that's what I wanted, but the path we took to get to this point was flawed. I can't give this more than a 7 out of 10. Unfortunate since I thought I'd be grading it higher but...oh well.
Dec 25, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2010
A beautiful anime with a beautiful ending. Afraid of being forgotten and forgetting others.

I honestly at the start still disliked Tougou for what she did. How Yuuna stopped Tougou and managed to convince her as the music kicks in was really splendidly done.

The way how they stopped it was really beautiful too.

Interesting to see how Shinju-sama is not taking anymore sacrifices but giving back everything too. Really curious of why the god did that. Was it perhaps due to the system that provokes betrayal and thus endangering itself? Or perhaps having seen the girls fight so hard with so many tears that the god understood the pain of taking something from others? Either way, I was really glad they slowly healed.

Can't say how glad I was seeing how one by one they slowly healed. Being able to walk, talk, see and the progress of healing was really great. I can't bring myself to dislike Tougou anymore as she really did face sadness after seeing Yuuna still being in coma. Heck, what she did was what saved every other heroes from ever going into despair again.

Seeing Yuuna awake again and just everyone getting better... the feels really hit. Honestly really enjoyed this anime as it was also one emotional ride! 9/10 for the unstoppable heroes club!
Dec 25, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
Ah, so we get a happy ending after all.
I'll stick with 9/10.
Will be re-watching the entire series later, for sure.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Incidentally, right at the end we had a message saying "Yuuki Yuuna's Chapter". We've got Tougou's chapter in novel form. I wonder if we'll be seeing "chapter"s for any other characters.

Yeah. I hope we will see some chapters for other characters..
Dec 25, 2014 12:24 PM

Mar 2008
yuyuyu buhii anime wise 9/10 , story driven anime wise 7/10,
Takahiro obviously gave up on the ending.
overall 8/10
dragonshadeDec 25, 2014 12:28 PM
Dec 25, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
Well this ending was foreshadowed quite well... I didn't think they would go down this route but still a pretty good and well done ending.
Of course people will whine for not getting their grimdark ending and that they get a nice fluffy ending. It wasn't even that out of place. The anime was a happy fluffy anime with hints of darkness which become a more grimdark anime with a touch of hope later on. The ending still follows this format until the very end. It keeps you questioning if it's going to end as an actual happy ending even when

Although admittedly I was hoping for a more mixed mixed ending.
Still a rather satisfying and good ending that stabilizes my score but doesn't take it higher.
IMO it deserves a 9/10.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Dec 25, 2014 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
That last dizziness fall creeped the hell out of me XD Glad it wasn't anything serious.
Such a heartwarming episode :3
I loved the scene when all the girls were walking along the sea and this time Togo was the one pushing Yuuna's wheelchair instead ^^ That felt really nice and touching.

Some people may have preferred a depressing ending (I definitely wouldn't have minded) but I still liked this too. All of them walking together with a happy smile :*)
So happy to hear Itsuki's cute voice again <3

The beginning of this ep was intense!! Both Yuuna and Togo's logic was understandable but selfish.
Yuuna promising Togo she wouldn't forget about her with no evidence to back it up at all and being totally confident was a really emotional scene but there was no guarantee at all ^^;
Togo's logic was even more selfish but I can totally understand it. Not caring about what happens to the world if she can't protect who's close to her then what's the use of being a hero and protector.

And Damn! Totally didn't expect Karin to still be able to move after all that :O
But well Christmas wasn't ruined :3 8.5/10 for me. I'll keep it as a 9 to raise the ranking a bit on MAL ^^

Edit: I'll keep it an 8 for now. If a sequel is announced then it'll go up to 9 since there were some unanswered stuff :/ Still great series though. Definitely top10 of the season for me :D
Barion-ZaraDec 26, 2014 12:49 AM
Dec 25, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2007
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This was an fucking asspull good ending. AND I DONT CARE AT ALL <3

Shit I don't think I ever wanted something so cliche to happen more than this. I agree the ending was kinda lazy but w/e~ I still enjoyed the series and if you take out the last episode the rest was very good. And even if the final episode was bad in terms of ugh story/pacing or w/e I still enjoyed it a lot. Quite good series imo a lot more people should give it a chance.
Dec 25, 2014 12:42 PM
Jan 2010
i don't mind the ending too much. I'm just confused at what happened.
Dec 25, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
Kinda disapointed(had hopes for an bittersweet endin'.).
But i honestly dont care, as it was still very nice presented and enjoyable unlike other asspulled happy endin's. So its great none teh less for only one cour.

9/10 overall + Bonuspoint for teh epic ost <3 Nier <3 Easy 10/10 for me.

I hope we see Tougo & Sonokos Chapter next, as it was implied by teh end.

Edit: Karin was teh true hero though <3
sanleiDec 25, 2014 1:05 PM
Dec 25, 2014 12:51 PM
Aug 2014
What a splendid ride, probably the most underrated anime of the season. I am glad I decided to watch it on a whim even though it would of failed my test on what was worthy to watch. The OP & EDS were very enjoyable, the fights were colorful, the hidden truth and the struggle to do what was right was all very nice touch.

10/10
Dec 25, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Happy ending and heartwarming episode.

I really like how they show the girls slowly recovering. Nice to see the girls all getting better.
removed-userDec 25, 2014 12:55 PM
Dec 25, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
Can't believe it ended on THAT good of a note. I'm glad though. It was very satisfying to see them all smiling again.

Overly dramatic I felt sometimes but it had impact! 8/10
Dec 25, 2014 1:08 PM
May 2014
No, why? This was an asspull ending with the generic friendship formula. If this was a 6 before it's down to a 5 now because of the ending. We don't even know what happenned! They didn't explain a single thing! This series should've ended with absolute despair and sadness. At the very least, Yuuna should've stayed a vegetable since it could've been a plausible ending but no, she overcame her vegetable status with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP AND WILLPOWER. Fuck this. Maybe I'll lower it to 4, also what the fuck was up with that random ass sun out of nowhere? Nothing explained at all.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 25, 2014 1:10 PM
Jul 2014
when it comes to the ending, I don't agree that it was as much of an asspull as everyone says it is. All Shinju-sama did was give back the sacrifices. He just...gave it back like that.

This implies that shinju it isn't as bad of a guy as we all thought.

I kinda wish they mad Yunna's come back more dramatic like, "I could hear you in the darkness" or something like that.
Dec 25, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
If it was not for Madoka, I've would have score it higher but overall this Anime is very good. I'm glad everyone was happy at the end.
Dec 25, 2014 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
So each fairy had a handicap attached, and to recover all you need is to be relieved of your duty? As that'd remove your fairies...

And by some strange reason Sonoko was never relieved of her duty, yet she was never summoned again? But by some strange reason once the hero club was relieved, so was she. Which is why we got the impression that the handicaps were permanent.

It just felt wrong to me. Most of the episode I was just annoyed at it. Sure happy endings are nice and all, and it fits the initial episodes of the show. But after these last few epic episodes I got spoiled, and wanted a nice continuation to them. Bad end, bittersweet end, whatever is fine - I just wanted something in the tone they were setting.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Dec 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2012
Instead of being mad at Tougou, why not be mad at the so called "Perfect Being/God" of this series which is Shinjuu-sama.

For a God, it/he/she/whatever the fuck it could be created a flawed system. Did Shitjuu(not a typo) believe that the girls are gonna let it go just like that after being crippled just for the sake of saving a shitty world?

Im just glad those girls got whatever they lost back.
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Dec 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
I feel like that ending wasn't what I was expecting. Maybe I over thought things, but I guess that works too.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Dec 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
The series was a bit standard at the beginning, but got a lot more interesting towards the latter half. Still wouldn't say Anime of the Season, but it was a good one.
Dec 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2014
oh what a beautiful ending...
Dec 25, 2014 1:32 PM

Feb 2009
Since nobody mentioned it, I will:

Remember how in episode 7 there was a throwaway line about taking back offerings after they've been sitting there for awhile?

Yeah. Who'da thunk it, eh?
Dec 25, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2009
Downer ending would look better so -1 but all in all I really liked this series.
Dec 25, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
HAPPY ENDING BUT I DON'T MIND

TAKAHIRO GOT ME THERE TOWARDS THE END. I THOUGHT YUUNA WAS GONNA DIE OR SOMETHING.

STILL A GREAT SHOW. 8/10

Dec 25, 2014 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
Zyrusticae said:
Since nobody mentioned it, I will:

Remember how in episode 7 there was a throwaway line about taking back offerings after they've been sitting there for awhile?

Yeah. Who'da thunk it, eh?
And the Taisha weren't liars! Bet no one saw that coming.
Dec 25, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
kikohunter said:
At the very least, Yuuna should've stayed a vegetable since it could've been a plausible ending but no, she overcame her vegetable status with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP AND WILLPOWER. Fuck this. Maybe I'll lower it to 4, also what the fuck was up with that random ass sun out of nowhere? Nothing explained at all.

And these kinds of oblivious people will be the bane of this anime.
This was foreshadowed. Even if you are completely oblivious to the foreshadowing, Shinju said that they would lose their disability's after a while.

Also why would you want this anime to be completely despairing and sad? For the sake of being despairing and sad? A mixed ending is what this anime needed.
Anyway what is with the enphasis on Friendship and willpower from YuYuYu haters? If you actually watched the anime than you should know that they didn't avoid becoming vegetables by friendship and willpower... The series of events actually make sense. Shinju just saw how incredibly risky and dangerous it is to allow humans to take such massive amounts of power and to give such incredibly despairing consequences to humans for taking this power to protect the world. Therefore Shinju disbanded the hero's from fighting which allowed Shinju to give back the offerings to the hero's. This is mirrored in one of the earlier episodes and its very blatant mirroring. Makes it hard to believe you watched this anime...
The biggest problem would be that ,now that Shinju has disbanded the hero's, who will take their place? The angels still need to be defeated... This is probably the biggest problem of this entire ending. Who or what is going to protect the world???

If you take away that problem... This ending is better than the much predicted (and evidently hoped) ending of everyone turning into sad potatoes due to overusing mankai to protect shinju. You would have to be pretty stupid to carry that system on after seeing a hero manage to bring the world to destruction and almost succeeding. Especially when that kind of thinking wouldn't actually be rare in the situation. Fu was going to do it as well. So Shinju disbanding the hero's from protecting the world makes sense... But what is the alternative? Shinju directly fights the angels? It was stated by Karin that Shinju was collecting data on the hero's. So perhaps Shinju is going to make clones of the hero's? It's a pretty open ending in that regard. I wonder why none of the yuyuyu haters have even commented on this HUGE plot hole...
Than again if you join the dots together from earlier episodes as well, the theory that Shinju is making some sort of clone or android of these hero's is more plausible and is slightly hinted. I hope they release an "unaired" 13th episode which explains this and fills the plot hole. Hell, that could even lead to a new 2nd season or movie!

This ending is getting a lot more hate than it deserves just for being a happy ending that uses a lot of cliche phrases. It's a pretty logical ending (putting aside the HUGE plot hole) and it certainly makes sense. It is definitely not an asspull. It makes logical sense, It was blatantly mirrored earlier on in the show, Shinju directly stated that the Hero's will get better over time and it was a very emotionally impacting and beautifully done ending. Why is it so hard to see this?
Saffron_entityDec 25, 2014 1:57 PM
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Dec 25, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2009
1. dam it, that ending was so stupid. every1 was able to recover everything they lost, including tougou's ability to walk. it's like none of this ever happened. so i'm assuming that shinju deemed all 5 incompetent as heros after what tougou tried to do?

2. however i cannot avert my eyes to what i witnessed in the past 11 episodes, especially the characters. the sisterly bond between itsuki & fuu... how yuna is always looking after tougou... & how karin slowly warms up to the whole group. it all felt so genuine.

3. the dark moments took me by surprised. itsuki's backstory of her losing her parents & what she thinks of her sis; fuu's rage when learning of itsuki's dream to sing has vanished; learning about a crippled sonoko & the hero system that sacrifices the senses; tougou having lost her legs, memories & relocating; tougou trying to suicide; karin going full mankai-mode in ep 11 & having lost almost everything in one battle...

4. when it comes down to it, the show made u feel a wide range of emotions, especially despair. knowing how hard it is to find shows like this (e.g. madoka magica), it's up there. right now, this show is like a 9.4 - 9.6 atm, but since it's christmas, i just gotta round up. u just don't get underrated shows as epic as this so often.

10/10 overall
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
I can't say I hated the ending but it felt kinda bullshit. If they built up all the things during the series about their handicaps being permanent, they should have stayed that way. And will they be replaced by some other people who will take on the vertexes since they will respawn indefinitely?

But even so I fairly liked the ending. If they now didn't let them go with the sad ending, I think they pulled it of pretty good. I liked that Tougou got back the ability to walk,and that Karin got back her sight and hearing. They also did a fairly good job with Yunna being in a comatose, and I was happy when she responded to Tougou.

Overall I give the anime a 8,5/10
Dec 25, 2014 1:51 PM
May 2014
Saffron_entity said:
kikohunter said:
At the very least, Yuuna should've stayed a vegetable since it could've been a plausible ending but no, she overcame her vegetable status with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP AND WILLPOWER. Fuck this. Maybe I'll lower it to 4, also what the fuck was up with that random ass sun out of nowhere? Nothing explained at all.

This was foreshadowed. Even if you are completely oblivious to the foreshadowing, Shinju said that they would lose their disability's after a while.

Also why would you want this anime to be completely despairing and sad? For the sake of being despairing and sad? A mixed ending is what this anime needed.
Anyway what was with the enphasis on Friendship and willpower? If you actually watched the anime than you should know that they didn't avoid becoming vegetables by friendship and willpower... The series of events actually make sense. Shinju just saw how incredibly risky and dangerous it is to allow humans to take such massive amounts of power and to give such incredibly despairing consequences to humans for taking this power to protect the world. Therefore Shinju disbanded the hero's from fighting which allowed Shinju to give back the offerings to the hero's. This is mirrored in one of the earlier episodes and its very blatant mirroring. Makes it hard to believe you watched this anime...
The biggest problem would be that ,now that Shinju has disbanded the hero's, who will take their place? The angels still need to be defeated... This is probably the biggest problem of this entire ending. Who or what is going to protect the world???

If you take away that problem... This ending is better than the much predicted (and evidently hoped) ending of everyone turning into sad potatoes due to overusing mankai to protect shinju. You would have to be pretty stupid to carry that system on after seeing a hero manage to bring the world to destruction and almost succeeding. Especially when that kind of thinking wouldn't actually be rare in the situation. Fu was going to do it as well. So Shinju disbanding the hero's from protecting the world makes sense... But what is the alternative? Shinju directly fights the angels? It was stated by Karin that Shinju was collecting data on the hero's. So perhaps Shinju is going to make clones of the hero's? It's a pretty open ending in that regard. I wonder why none of the yuyuyu haters have even commented on this HUGE plot hole...
Than again if you join the dots together from earlier episodes as well, the theory that Shinju is making some sort of clone or android of these hero's is more plausible and is slightly hinted.

This ending is getting a lot more hate than it deserves just for being a happy ending that uses a lot of cliche phrases. It's a pretty logical ending (putting aside the HUGE plot hole) and it certainly makes sense. It is definitely not an asspull. It makes logical sense, It was blatantly mirrored earlier on in the show, Shinju directly stated that the Hero's will get better over time and it was a very emotionally impacting and beautifully done ending. Why is it so hard to see this?

It's not about wanting to have a good or bad ending, it's about wanting to have a decently written story. Whether you like it or not, this is BAD writing. It takes everything that our characters went through and destroys it in a mere 5 minutes. Look at Karin' s mankai battle during the previous episode. What was the point of it? It's absolutely meaningless now because not only does she come back to fight a few minutes later but she's comepletely fine the next episode. Might as well never happenned. Not explaining anything and have it be the the power of friendship and willpower that saves everything is also BAD writing. What's the point of caring about the characters if we knew that everything would end well and fine?
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 25, 2014 1:54 PM
Jan 2013
Let's set this straight for all the people who think Yuuki Yuuna's final episode was an asspull.

Okay think about this for a second. When Togo was told the truth by Sonoko, she mentioned that Shinju was the only god to side with the humans against their extermination. Why would you side with someone who is undeniably the underdog and then make it so that their lives are miserable? The answer is that you wouldn’t unless you absolutely needed to. You only do these things if they are necessary for survival, and it was. Why would the Shinju endanger itself against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy and every single other god out there? It must have seen something in the potential of the human race and did what was necessary to bring out that potential. It may have been hard on the heroes, but that’s why they have the aptitude tests. Because a real hero can take this kind of beating and still stand up for what is right. And as proof from previous generations of heroes, Shinju-sama and the Taaisha are always trying to improve the hero system. Before the battle that made Togo lose her memories and legs, Shinju implemented the Mankai and the fairy system from the battle data they gathered from Washii’s team’s fight.

Shinju never meant to keep what it had taken from these girls. It had always held them as collateral for the powers they received for the purpose of gathering the data it needed to preserve it’s own life and the life of the human race. Sonoko didn’t get better til the end because they still needed her power in case of emergency and Togo never got her legs back til the end because they needed her to become a hero with Yuuna again (the hero who showed the highest aptitude of all). Give your body and receive power, have that power taken away and your body returns to you.

It’s simply the concept of equivalent exchange and people don’t see that even though they explicitly explained it in previous episodes. It’s kind of annoying that people see this as an asspull even though it’s blatantly obvious that it’s not. It was even foreshadowed well and kept consistent with the themes of the show. People seem to be just upset that they didn’t get their “grimdark” ending.

And if you read all of this and still think it's bad writing, learn what literary diegesis is and tell me with a straight face that it broke any of it.
Dec 25, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2014
God, all these tears for nothing. I'm happy Itsuki and Karin went back to normal because these two were the only ones I cared about, but somehow I still feel ripped off. In the end, when Yuuna was falling down, I was even thinking: 'Oh thank goodness, so something IS wrong'.

But maybe there's something wrong with ME for hoping for something like that, lol.
Dec 25, 2014 1:57 PM

Nov 2011
EVERYTHING IS DAIJOUBU!!!!

9/10. One of the surprise hits of the entire year.

Didn't the text at the end ("Yuuki Yuuna's chapter") imply that there could be a sequel or other continuation of the story?
neontasterDec 25, 2014 2:08 PM
Dec 25, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
I hate deux ex machina endings like this.. -.-
There was no foreshadowing that they would get better, so when they randomly get better for no good reason.... ugh.

I mean I suppose it was cause she touched the core of that thing.. But they kept going on about successors so I guess the fight isnt over?? I DONT UNDERSTAND..

6/10.. It had feels but... lol.

The ending where Togo was pushing Yuuna in a weelchair instead of other way around was nice. :)
Dec 25, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
kikohunter said:
Saffron_entity said:

Anyway what was with the enphasis on Friendship and willpower? If you actually watched the anime than you should know that they didn't avoid becoming vegetables by friendship and willpower... The series of events actually make sense. Shinju just saw how incredibly risky and dangerous it is to allow humans to take such massive amounts of power and to give such incredibly despairing consequences to humans for taking this power to protect the world. Therefore Shinju disbanded the hero's from fighting which allowed Shinju to give back the offerings to the hero's. This is mirrored in one of the earlier episodes and its very blatant mirroring. Makes it hard to believe you watched this anime...

Than again if you join the dots together from earlier episodes as well, the theory that Shinju is making some sort of clone or android of these hero's is more plausible and is slightly hinted.

It's not about wanting to have a good or bad ending, it's about wanting to have a decently written story. Whether you like it or not, this is BAD writing. It takes everything that our characters went through and destroys it in a mere 5 minutes. Look at Karin' s mankai battle during the previous episode. What was the point of it? It's absolutely meaningless now because not only does she come back to fight a few minutes later but she's comepletely fine the next episode. Might as well never happenned. Not explaining anything and have it be the the power of friendship and willpower that saves everything is also BAD writing. What's the point of caring about the characters if we knew that everything would end well and fine?
I know how you feel and feel a bit like that although not to such an extreme level.
Even if the ending sorta of renders their sacrificies "meaningless" it doesn't make them dissapear, they still suffered, someone even died prior to this, it's like there's a disease and doctors are trying to find a cure for it and when they do find it everyone is ok, but it doesn't change the fact they still struggled or that future people might still suffer, it's just ok, for now.
The main problem with the episode was the execution and not really the content, it was painted in a way too positive light, making it look like everything will be ok from now on, but I'm sure that isn't the case, the idea of S2 is still up in the air but if it ever happens I'm sure it'll keep the tone that the other episodes had rather than this one.
Dec 25, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
sroque said:
And if you read all of this and still think it's bad writing, learn what literary diegesis is and tell me with a straight face that it broke any of it.
Why the hell should I have to look up some word and learn it to say if it was bad writing.. It comes down to whether I enjoyed it or not. lol. :P

I felt it was an asspull so it was an asspull.. for me. xD

Why would they want collateral? lol.
Dec 25, 2014 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
starstorm said:
sroque said:
Why the hell should I have to look up some word and learn it to say if it was bad writing.. It comes down to whether I enjoyed it or not. lol. :P

I felt it was an asspull so it was an asspull.. for me. xD

Why would they want collateral? lol.
That's not how it usually works but hey, to each their own.
Dec 25, 2014 2:12 PM

Feb 2009
Reminder that the whole point of the slice of life + suffering combination was to drive home how important their daily lives were to the point of Togo choosing to die rather than live a life devoid of... well, life.

Also this entire post:
sroque said:
Let's set this straight for all the people who think Yuuki Yuuna's final episode was an asspull.

Okay think about this for a second. When Togo was told the truth by Sonoko, she mentioned that Shinju was the only god to side with the humans against their extermination. Why would you side with someone who is undeniably the underdog and then make it so that their lives are miserable? The answer is that you wouldn’t unless you absolutely needed to. You only do these things if they are necessary for survival, and it was. Why would the Shinju endanger itself against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy and every single other god out there? It must have seen something in the potential of the human race and did what was necessary to bring out that potential. It may have been hard on the heroes, but that’s why they have the aptitude tests. Because a real hero can take this kind of beating and still stand up for what is right. And as proof from previous generations of heroes, Shinju-sama and the Taaisha are always trying to improve the hero system. Before the battle that made Togo lose her memories and legs, Shinju implemented the Mankai and the fairy system from the battle data they gathered from Washii’s team’s fight.

Shinju never meant to keep what it had taken from these girls. It had always held them as collateral for the powers they received for the purpose of gathering the data it needed to preserve it’s own life and the life of the human race. Sonoko didn’t get better til the end because they still needed her power in case of emergency and Togo never got her legs back til the end because they needed her to become a hero with Yuuna again (the hero who showed the highest aptitude of all). Give your body and receive power, have that power taken away and your body returns to you.

It’s simply the concept of equivalent exchange and people don’t see that even though they explicitly explained it in previous episodes. It’s kind of annoying that people see this as an asspull even though it’s blatantly obvious that it’s not. It was even foreshadowed well and kept consistent with the themes of the show. People seem to be just upset that they didn’t get their “grimdark” ending.

Dec 25, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
I loved this episode. i loved the ending, which wasn't an asspull.

Overall a great series, although a bit slow in the mid, i liked it all.

7/10.
Dec 25, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2012
starstorm said:
I hate deux ex machina endings like this.. -.-
There was no foreshadowing that they would get better, so when they randomly get better for no good reason.... ugh.

I mean I suppose it was cause she touched the core of that thing.. But they kept going on about successors so I guess the fight isnt over?? I DONT UNDERSTAND..

6/10.. It had feels but... lol.

The ending where Togo was pushing Yuuna in a weelchair instead of other way around was nice. :)

there was foreshadowing that they would get better. In the one scene where they talked about the offerings. Paulo even posted it
Paulo27 said:

Dec 25, 2014 2:45 PM

May 2013
Let's start the finale.

So much YunaxTogo I'm dying.

OH NO, REALLY? PUSH GIRLS, COME ON! HERO CLUB GOOOOOOOO!

I'm really scared at how much the girls may have lost.

SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ITSUKI SPOKEEE/// AGHHHAHA THE FEELINGS ARE REAL. SO REAL.

Maybe the Shinju-sama isn't all that bad. But who will fight from now on? Will those girls continue to lose their functions too? Even though Karin said that the Shinju-sama wasn't looking for anymore sacrifices.

Yuna... you better fcking wake up. That's so... tragic. What kind of physical state is she in anyway?

Wow, the roles have switched. Togo... don't cry ; n ;

FCK. YES. HELL. YES. OMG. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. IM DYING. THIS IS SO. IM SO. HAPPY. A HAPPY ENDING.

THESE DUMBBUTTS. ALL THESE DUMBBUTTS. MAKING ME SAD, HAPPY, EXCITED, LONELY, EMBARASSED.

WHAT DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN YUNA. SHEESH.

EVERYONE'S WALKING TOGETHER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH--

That was a great finale. Great anime. The team presented the last episode fairly well.

HERO CLUB FIVE TENETS!!!

FIRST: Give people a good greeting!
SECOND: Try not to give up!
THIRD: Sleep well, eat well.
FOURTH: If you're troubled, talk to someone!
FIFTH: You're likely to succeed if you try!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

187 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.