Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
Shinichi destroyed that parasite like a fucking boss
Kana :(
RIP
Dec 24, 2014 12:40 PM

May 2008
Zeaf said:
Even I have read the manga already, still feel sad for Kana :(

Same... Kana was at least more interesting than Murano and less annoying...
Dec 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
Loved this episode, great setup 9/10.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 24, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
Holy neko this was awesome!

Shinchii has got to be the most unlucky guy alive. First his momma is killed by a Parasyte, then he dies and comes back with Parasyte cells flowing through his blood, then he has to kill the Parasyte who killed his mom which also now looks like her, then his relationship turns sour with Murano, then the only other girl he wanted to protect, Kana, dies right in front of her with him unable to save her. Wow. That's a lot of bad luck for him. What's more, people are starting to question his humanity. Dammit this is just freakin awesome.

I feel sorry for Kana. First the guy she loved gets taken away right in front of her eyes, then she also dies even though she was so cute. I don't like it when cute girls die. It's so wrong.

The way Shinchii took care of that Parasyte, damn. He put his strongest weapon, Migi, on defense and took on the Parasyte with his bare hands and ripped his heart right out of his chest. Damn!

This neko is even better than FSN UBW. Way more badassery here.
Dec 24, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
Damn the way Shinichi ripped that parasyte's heart out.
RIP Kana, not surprised she died, though i liked her more than Murano.
Dec 24, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2007
Could see that coming the moment the episode started with Kana having that same dream yet they managed to show the kiss.

I am more sad because I will miss Sawashiro Miyuki's voice in the rest of the anime.

echiomega said:
Kana was at least more interesting than Murano and less annoying...

Care to elaborate why you find Murano annoying? Put yourself in her shoes and go figure what you would have done if the person you loved has had the same amount of change in personality as Shinichi had in a matter of days.
shanimebibDec 24, 2014 12:50 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 24, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
Noooooooooo, best girl just died.

Man this is good. Poor Mitsuo (is that his name?) I felt really sorry for him at the end.

Sinichi's a best. Damn.
Dec 24, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
Agh, Kana was so interesting. Saw it coming a mile away, but still had feels. At least she was kinda happy when she died.
Dec 24, 2014 12:54 PM

Sep 2008
Shinichi this episode...wow, just wow.
I love you man :)

Kana dying however, sad, sad day for me.

Also, wouldn't her newfound powers, kind of, both help her and put her at danger.
We learned parasites don't go after one another, non purposely at the very least.
So by sensing their presence and avoiding contact she could've remained completely safe? I mean, they have no reason to change direction to go after the signal, right?

But yeah, establishing contact woule've been a death sentence soooo....
Still, I'll miss her. Or, well, I'll miss a hot girl in this show :p
Dec 24, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2014
It is naive to think that she is the only human with that power.
Maybe there will be a police force with people with these abilities killing parasites.
But Kana dying is not the worst thing that could of happened.
Migi could have saved her like he did with Shinichi, that would be worse -
-Migi would be even weaker,
-There would be a romantic drama in Shinichi`s life.

R.I.P. Kana
Dec 24, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2008
I feel nothing, I must not be human either.

Good episode though.
Dec 24, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode.
Where will it go from here.
Dec 24, 2014 1:05 PM

Oct 2011
Sanguis said:
Honestly I'm confused, was I supposed to feel sad for Kana? Because I was rooting for her death, she was a creepy, delusional stalker with no redeemable character traits whatsoever. She was an awful character only made to fawn over our precious widdle protagonist. Blegh.

THIS exactly. Kana was not simply a stalker she was a dumb stalker and her death was her fault only. Even with her new special ability if she had only stayed more cautious and not go to dark, deserted, creepy places on her own(sic!) she would be just fine. Besides she wasn't even smart enough to learn from her own mistakes. Even in this episode she has mistaken Shinichi with some other parasite at least once, what the hell was she thinking just strolling after him later?

I don't really understand all those comments describing her as "interesting" or "best". Her only motivation throughout the series was to date Shinichi and her absolute lack of reason was almost unbeliavable. The only thing I was able to think about when she got stabbed was JUST DIE ALREADY. And even if I am a bit harsh on her the sad truth is that if you don't think fast - you die fast.
Dec 24, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
It was painful.
Kana :(( why :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 24, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
Sanguis said:
Honestly I'm confused, was I supposed to feel sad for Kana? Because I was rooting for her death, she was a creepy, delusional stalker with no redeemable character traits whatsoever. She was an awful character only made to fawn over our precious widdle protagonist. Blegh.

Boys like it when a hot girl is straight forward with her feelings towards a guy i guess its pretty sexy.
But lets be real here.Most of here (normal humans) would be paranoid as fuck if we knew that there were blood thrusty aliens in our town.Would i pull a hair to check someone and risk my life in doing so?Would i call an alien for a private chat?Would i chase aliens that i could feel hoping that i dont find those that will murder me?No ofc -_-
Dec 24, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2014
RIP Kana. I never liked you. Oh well....

All in all, it was great episode. It has been 12 episodes and I still enjoy it.

Btw. to those who read manga. How close these series fallow it so far?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
Sanguis said:

Agreed. I'm feeling like Shinichi when it comes to Kanas death.
Dec 24, 2014 1:11 PM

Nov 2007
WHY KANAAAA NOOOO. #RIP

But damn, this anime is awesome.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 24, 2014 1:15 PM
Jun 2012
i was so expecting kana to die i actually thought her head was gonna go flying after she turned the corner before getting killed from behind. but i so preferred kana over murano wish she hadnt died. but damn that boy shinichi got pissed didnt expect for him to take out that heart with his normal hand.
Dec 24, 2014 1:17 PM
Apr 2014
YES! I'm so happy the worst girl in the series is dead. R.I.P. stupid fucking bitch.

How many times did he tell her dumbass to stay the fuck away from that signal 5-7 times? Then she becomes a fucking stalker psyco who wears his hair on her finger like a wedding ring LOL. This anime went from 8/10 to 10/10 with her death.

Words cannot express how happy I am right now.
Dec 24, 2014 1:17 PM
Mar 2013
So I just checked the soundtrack and the song that plays at the beginning of this episode, during Kana's dream is not there wtf?
Dec 24, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
God fucking dammit. I hope Murano will die eventually. She's way more annoying than Kana.

Dec 24, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2010
Damn. Great episode, great timing with the ED too.
Dec 24, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
KANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I liked you....

I am sure her death will have influence towards Shinichi's character development.
Dec 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Feb 2008
Damn. Knew this was coming but it still sucks to see it animated. Parasyte keeps on delivering though, sad but awesome episode.
Dec 24, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
This anime is freaking amazing. What a killer episode, i'm kinda fanboying right now. 10/10 so far.

I was already spoiled Kana would die (thank you, MAL), but it still hit me where it counts. I honestly liked Kana. Sure, at first she annoyed me with obsessing over Shinichi and i still find her dreams kinda stupid, but i actually found it cute that she genuinely believed they were destined for one another. At least she still liked him despite the fact that he had a parasite in him. She liked him when he was shy and reserved and she likes him now that he's more calm and serious... all of this makes her infinitely better than miss "You-are-Shinichi Izumi-right?". God, why couldn't Murano go instead?

As the standard for this show goes, all highschool girls are dimwits. Of course she couldn't just wait for Shinichi, no... still, it was sad how she really thought she could sense only him.

Migi's starting to listen to Shinichi, i'm actually surprised it was going to reveal itself to Kana. Shinichi just flipped his mental switch, he really went in for the kill with no remorse, like a true cold-blooded killer. I still can't believe he took out the guy's heart. Kana's death scene was actually pretty emotional.

The end was also amazing. I knew Shinichi was going to take the beating, but i didn't expect him to fight back. He's slowly drifting away from his humanity, but he's still there... "for now". Overall, it was a very nice end of the first half of Kiseijuu.

6/5

Tamiya Royko's back next time, and i hope that mayor gets killed soon.
MaledictDec 24, 2014 1:43 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 24, 2014 1:38 PM
May 2014
No0nePB said:
Sanguis said:

Agreed. I'm feeling like Shinichi when it comes to Kanas death.

Thing is, there was no purpose to her character in the story at all. She could've been non existant and it wouldn't have change anything about the story. I feel like the author had no idea what to do with her character, so he just killed her off so that Shinichi could've realised he wasn't really human anymore.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 24, 2014 1:39 PM
Sep 2013
Kana death flag was at a high but know actually seeing it happen was like ugh :( damn. It really suck to not even be able to shed one tear. Shinichi completely owned that parasite. Preview for the next episode looks like more trouble on forward.
Dec 24, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
DUDE! This episode was awesome and sad at the same time :( R.I.P Kana I shed a manly tear for you. I can't believe how badass Shinichi is becoming. Poor Shinichi he can't cry even if he wanted to.
Dec 24, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2012
The feels when the ED started playing...dammit :c
Dec 24, 2014 1:45 PM

Dec 2013
Nooo, R.I.P. Kana. Seen that coming anyways. Kinda cheap trick to make Shinichi mad but I liked it. That heart grab.
Great as always. These 2 weeks of wait were too long.

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
I've been wondering...did the anime realised the dubstep soundtrack is shit so they stopped putting it?

Yeah, I noticed it a few eps ago.
Dec 24, 2014 1:57 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014

In honor of Kana. You will be missed ;_; (or not by some people ^^)
Dec 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Dec 2013
R.I.P Kana. Your hentai dream didn't come true :(

Although I knew she was gonna die still the feels when 'it's the right time' played.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 24, 2014 2:13 PM
Nov 2010
Too bad for Kana and also Shinichi not being sure whether his humanity has already lost control of himself or not. I really like how this episode was produced as a whole.

This was yet another amazing episode. I hope it keeps being this good or even better.
Dec 24, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2014
Oh fuck , Kana just kicked the bucket, if only she'd stayed put in her house.
Dec 24, 2014 2:17 PM

Dec 2013
I thought Shinichi would turn her into a hybrid parasyte or something
Dec 24, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
I'm probably the minority here but I didn't really like Kana that much. Her stalkerish obsession with shinichi and ridiculous dream were kind of off-putting.
Dec 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
I actually liked Kana before this episode. She was acting so delusional! Her dying wasn't a surprise at all. Still Shinichi was BA taking out that Parasyte. 2/5
Dec 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2012
R.I.P Kana. Damn he rekt that parasyte in 3 seconds.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 24, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
Shinichi is becoming more and more badass! F**k yeah!

Dec 24, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2008
:(((((((((((((
~_~ !
Dec 24, 2014 2:45 PM

Nov 2013
Best anime of the season is back after a one week hiatus!
Kana's death was predictable, but still played out well into the plot progression.

And that character development... before it seemed he matured but still wanted to hold onto his humanity. Now it seems he's letting go of that ideal little by little. Amazing episode as always.
Dec 24, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2014
kikohunter said:
Thing is, there was no purpose to her character in the story at all. She could've been non existant and it wouldn't have change anything about the story. I feel like the author had no idea what to do with her character, so he just killed her off so that Shinichi could've realised he wasn't really human anymore.

At least you can learn something from her behavior and stupid decisions:
1) Don't lie to your friends
2) Listen to advices from your friends
3) Give up on someone you love if he already has a relationship
4) Don't be a stalker

Nothing groundbreaking or extremely relevant to the narrative, but she's not completely worthless..

And was that a hint of excitement in Migis voice at the beginning of the episode? Getting more and more human, I see..
Dec 24, 2014 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
Kana should be more careful about who she is sensing.

RIP, Kana.
Dec 24, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
KanaxShinichi

She was made for him, made just for him...God I hope his massively inferior girlfriend who cant accept the nigga for who he has become gets decapitated.
Dec 24, 2014 2:54 PM

Oct 2013
Amazing episode,when Kana died Shinichi ripped that other parasyte heart out,and then punched that punk so hard if he continued he would have ended up with a hole like that other parasyte.

Dec 24, 2014 2:59 PM

Jun 2013
Dec 24, 2014 3:02 PM

Mar 2013
This is going smoothly, Kana's death was a nice touch for Sinichi's character development. Sinichi's strength is constantly growing but he is having his emotions drained. Looking forward to him reaching apathy and becoming a battle-god...not.
Dec 24, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
steaminferno said:
I'm probably the minority here but I didn't really like Kana that much. Her stalkerish obsession with shinichi and ridiculous dream were kind of off-putting.

Agreed, and she aligns herself with thugs, that how she debuted, hanging out with these group of punks jumping another guy all by himself.
Jaywalker.
Dec 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
BEST CHRISTMAS EVER
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Today, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.