Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2015 10:17 PM

Feb 2010
Well fuck. Character that was excellent and interesting died.

Such feels ;-;
Jan 24, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
It's shame that Kana died. Why wasn't it Murano or glasses girl? :/
slovak125Jan 24, 2015 3:00 PM
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 27, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
Kana > Murano by a long-shot, so why the fuck did the author choose to kill off Kana?
Stupid Japs with their shitty taste.
Jan 29, 2015 12:46 AM

Oct 2011
Oddyeus said:
Kana > Murano by a long-shot, so why the fuck did the author choose to kill off Kana?
Stupid Japs with their shitty taste.

I agree

I'm angry and sad at the same time, I really loved Kana, she is truly best girl.
Left an impression on me since I watched it yesterday and still am not over it.

Rip Kana...
Jan 29, 2015 12:53 AM
Jan 2014
Kana was stupid shit. I didn't think she deserved to die, but I don't feel sad about it.
Jan 29, 2015 4:03 AM

Jul 2013
Why the hell do people like katana? Or whatever the fuck her name is.

She's an annoying bitch who is so consumed by "omg I can sense this guy like he's so special even when I can sense other people. And like I get horn over wet dreams of him omg I love him we are brought together by fate"

Shut the fuck up bitch. You're an annoying cunt.
Jan 30, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2013
It bothers me that Kana's ability isn't explained at all...Why the hell she could sense parasyteS? ugh.

Jan 31, 2015 12:45 AM
Jul 2011
Kana was insane. She has mental problems. She stalked a guy, kept his hair, smelled his hair, kissed his hair, wore his hair like a ring, she's a FREAK. She knows he's with someone and still tries to get with him even though it's impossible..... Glad she's gone.
Jan 31, 2015 1:36 AM

May 2013
lol at this Kana chick.

Stalker and a bit delusional. Migi was right, it was only a matter of time. Not sure why everybody liked her.

Best part of this episode was Shinichi absolutely destroying that parasite. Got the chills. Love Madhouse.

At least best girl Makiko is still alive. He should really go visit her.
Feb 5, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2008
Not surprising at all but honestly it really irritates me. They take an interesting character who can sense the parasites presence and then just kills her off with nothing to show for it except for her obsession with the MC. Real let down and a waste of an ability. Only further proves the frustrating fault of this show in that no one is worth watching except for Izumi/Migi. They try to bring in anyone else and of course they die instead. Naturally Murano who I care much less about stays around. Bah.
Feb 9, 2015 9:20 PM
Jul 2009
Now that was an epic deathblow from Shinichi. No jumping around or fancy techniques, just pure primal fury focused into a single precise motion.

What a badass.

"Why didn't you save Kana!?", probably the most painful words that could be said to Shinichi. Poor Kana, RIP T_T
Samurai_ZeroFeb 10, 2015 7:16 AM
Feb 10, 2015 5:46 AM

Oct 2014
It was actually pretty obvious that she'd die sooner or later but dammit why !? D:
She was kinda creepy and a stalker but she was the best girl in the show, other girls are so retarded.

RIP KANA TT_TT
Feb 10, 2015 11:41 AM

Oct 2012
Noo! Why did I thought her power comes to be useful in the future? What an unforgiving series.
She will be missed and I hope Murano won't join her soon.
Feb 11, 2015 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
I was gonna make some yandere joke, but damn. She's dead now ;__; How did she have that power to sense parasytes and emit a signal anyway?

That fight scene was very well done too. That moment when Shinichi snapped was perfect.
Feb 12, 2015 12:46 PM

Jan 2012
UGH SUCH A PERFECT EPISODE adhoashda this is the best anime I've seen in the past year(s)

I love Kana. Her stupid hopeless crush and her earnestness and how it doomed her to an early grave. I love the music so much, fuck all y'all that don't because I swear it makes the series. I love the ending where Shinichi punched the guy back and screamed "That's right!" I love how he couldn't cry, because I'd cried for the first time this series and felt like he wanted to, but he couldn't. Emotional constipation. I love how he was obviously angsting at the end and said he was glad his blood was still red, but he said it with a wry smile, because TRUE TO CHARACTER, he is now an immovable cool ass bastard.

It's amazing how much Shinichi has grown on me this series. I'm so sad Kana died, didn't see it coming until it came, but when it did, I realized she was always doomed. So perfectly asfhioahfio 1000000/10 this series and RIP best girl
Feb 14, 2015 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
I like how the retarded nerd girl lived somehow but Kana got wrecked. Was really hoping Shinichi would drop Satomi to go out with Kana. Satomi is sooo annoying :(
Feb 14, 2015 7:33 PM

Sep 2014
It's amazing how realistic this show is. There will always be consequences. Looking forward to seeing what's in store.

R.I.P Kana :(

That final scene when Shinichi punched Mitsuo sent chills down my spine. Brilliant!
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Feb 19, 2015 2:16 AM

Jun 2008
Although I do like the series....once again I feel the need to point out the most glaring flaw of this series...

The characters once again acting insanely stupid....and the reason they do so is to progress the plot.

Furthermore, why exactly should we feel all that bad that Kana died?

When she was "introduced" she was along side Mr. Piece of Shit gangster wannabe.....presumably his girl.....she watched as some random dude was getting the shit kicked out of him by a bunch of thugs and didn't seem to give two fucks.

Throughout the next episodes she becomes attracted to our MC for no other reason that she has an inexplicable feeling that she senses.

Our MC was NEVER in love with her and her affections were definitely misplaced.

Even as horrific deaths plague the nation and she receives ample warning from our MC, she does the inane mistake of going against his warnings....and what do you know...she get's killed!

I think anyone and everyone should've seen it coming.

While she was indeed a somewhat interesting character (mostly because of her unexplained "power"), It must be noted that the only reason she was killed off (because of her very stupid actions) was to once again progress the plot.

Now we're beginning to see our MC continue to evolve...thus the story can continue.

In the end Kana was a plot device and she wasn't this amazing character I see a lot of people talk about.
--ALEX--Feb 19, 2015 2:19 AM
Feb 20, 2015 1:36 AM
Jun 2011
Am I the only one that cheered when that idiot finally died?

I was really questioning myself if I should continue to watch this anime.While the concept is great, the execution is extremely shallow. Especially the characters are just shallow and too childish for their age.

I'm finally starting to get some hope now, because one of my wish came true (for that idiot to die). Hopefully the main protagonist is next. They might pull a Tokyo Ghoul on this one (which is obviously a much better anime and manga).
Feb 21, 2015 3:24 PM
Jun 2013
What teenage girl forgets her phone?...ijs
Feb 24, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
FUCK NOOOOO!
NOT KANA!
I'm devastated and heartbroken, poor Mitsuo, that's exactly how I felt... She was my favorite!

latiera said:
I really didn't want Kana to die, and I just said I would like to see more of her :/

+1
Mar 6, 2015 6:20 PM

Aug 2009
Kana was really beautiful in the anime (character-design wise). And she an interesting character anyway.

And next week: Maison Ikkoku OP1
Mar 9, 2015 11:42 AM

Sep 2013
12 episodes into the season and I'm already rating this a 10 and placing it (subjected to change of course) in my top 5. That's how good it is. At this point, the show has to take an absolute turn for the worst to ruin the good vibes I have for it.

Kana reminded me so much of Naomi Misora, partly because of the glaringly obvious death flags and how I wanted her to survive despite them. I'm usually one to wrinkle my nose at anything that is cloyingly sentimental, but her persistent and obsessive longing for Izumi touched me in a way that genuinely surprised me. To be fair, it was probably the directing and soundtrack that did the trick. In the end her death was so cliche but yet so tragic.
Mar 10, 2015 3:51 PM

Jan 2015
NO KANA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! T.T
Srsly? Why was she so dumb? HOW COULD SOMEONE BE THIS DUMB?! I actually thought she was a clever girl and she turned into a lovesick idiot... I liked her waaaay better than Murano, but I guess she was too dumb to live...
Yet again I'd like to point out Migi is getting "friendlier" to Shinichi <3
Also the OST was 10/10, especially the song that played at the very end. It made me so sad.
I actually feel like Kana was a missed opportunity. I mean, she develops her awesome superpowah just to die 3 episodes later so Shinichi can once again lose someone? Didn't he have enough of that already?

So I guess the parasytes are slowly taking over districts to have a feeding place. I'm 120% sure Tamiya is in this too. All the episodes with her pointed out how smart she is, so it makes sense for her to be part of this conspiracy.
Now I'm really curious who that woman was. She reminds me of Tamiya but she looks different. Could it be that Tamiya switched bodies somehow or smth?

I also like how Murano notices every little change in Shinichi ("You're Shinichi, right?") but she is not questioning a human's ability to jump off the 3rd/4th floor? okay...
Mar 12, 2015 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
Kana is so stupid, how many times does someone have to warn you? I also don't understand her obsession with the MC. I do however feel bad that she died but like Migi said "it was just a matter of time" and she was seriously asking for it.

The way Shinichi killed the parasyte however was so epic, seems like Anger is still something he can feel.
Mar 12, 2015 3:07 PM

Mar 2014
im so glad shes dead =-= ok it was kind of sad but now shes out of the way

this is why i hate romance in action anime
Mar 13, 2015 7:09 AM

Dec 2014
Guess I saw that coming. Kana was being dumb, but yeah Migi was right. She had it coming. Too bad, since I think she was a pretty good character.

At least one less person to worry about. Shinichi's humanity is a big theme, no tears and he's lost 2 important people in his life in a short span. But the way he took out that parasyte bitchass. That was so damn beast mode

5/5
Mar 20, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:
Although I do like the series....once again I feel the need to point out the most glaring flaw of this series...

The characters once again acting insanely stupid....and the reason they do so is to progress the plot.

Furthermore, why exactly should we feel all that bad that Kana died?

When she was "introduced" she was along side Mr. Piece of Shit gangster wannabe.....presumably his girl.....she watched as some random dude was getting the shit kicked out of him by a bunch of thugs and didn't seem to give two fucks.

Throughout the next episodes she becomes attracted to our MC for no other reason that she has an inexplicable feeling that she senses.

Our MC was NEVER in love with her and her affections were definitely misplaced.

Even as horrific deaths plague the nation and she receives ample warning from our MC, she does the inane mistake of going against his warnings....and what do you know...she get's killed!

I think anyone and everyone should've seen it coming.

While she was indeed a somewhat interesting character (mostly because of her unexplained "power"), It must be noted that the only reason she was killed off (because of her very stupid actions) was to once again progress the plot.

Now we're beginning to see our MC continue to evolve...thus the story can continue.

In the end Kana was a plot device and she wasn't this amazing character I see a lot of people talk about.

Exactly my thoughts for pretty much everything you've said. I don't understand why people are feeling upset over her death. The only interesting thing about her was her inexplicable powers, and this obsession she had with the MC came out of nowhere, too. She wasn't even given enough screen time for me to really care about her death.

I do hope they explain why she had those powers though; still wondering about that.
Mar 21, 2015 8:05 AM

Oct 2014
Alfonse said:

Exactly my thoughts for pretty much everything you've said. I don't understand why people are feeling upset over her death. The only interesting thing about her was her inexplicable powers, and this obsession she had with the MC came out of nowhere, too. She wasn't even given enough screen time for me to really care about her death.

I do hope they explain why she had those powers though; still wondering about that.

Agreed.That serial killer could sense the parasites too.So maybe Kana was psychotic like him in some way.Would certainly explain her creepy obsession about Shinichi
Mar 21, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
damn ... my favourite character from this series died... s#it
Mar 24, 2015 8:53 AM

Feb 2014
Kinda expected her dying. I must say that I think she was very reckless, naive and stupid to rely on her totally unexplored powers. Oh well.

"Migi, handle the defense." Awesome.
I do wonder how he'll develop mentally..
AxerneaMar 24, 2015 12:12 PM
Mar 24, 2015 5:16 PM
Mar 2012
Kana was actually really, really, really fucking stupid.
Mar 29, 2015 4:58 PM
Mar 2015
Did somebody saw the straw hat at the beginning? I'm pretty sure it's a homage to One Piece.
Mar 29, 2015 6:57 PM

Aug 2007
I feel a bit bad saying this but she really had it coming. She was told time and time *and* time again not to trust her special 'sense' by a guy who she actually trusts and what does she do but ignore his repeated warning. And while Shinichi's story is not easy to buy the way she read it as 'you're lying to push me away' was beyond dumb, why would he bother coming up with a story like that?

So yeah, Darwin award candidate right there. That glasses girl may have been even worse in that she saw Shimada shift-change right before her eyes and instead of telling her detective brother who is investigating the parasites she decides to have a heart to heart convo, all alone with him. But at least she had the acid as insurance.

Migi was right, it was a matter of time until Kana kicked the bucket.
Apr 3, 2015 11:16 AM

May 2012
Poor Kana, she was a bit annoying but she did had an interesting personality and place in the story, quite sad she's actually dead :'/

Overall pretty good episode though, I do wonder what happens next!
Apr 4, 2015 2:28 PM

Sep 2010
Dammit. I was hoping Kana would become an ally to Shinichi. The love triangle would've added another layer of drama to the mix, but I guess they didn't want that to become one of the themes.

I feel like keeping the Kana character alive would make things much more interesting as the story moves forward.
Apr 7, 2015 6:23 AM
Aug 2014
holy shit was i glad to see her die.

firstly because it rooted this series to what it was meant to be – a fast paced and ruthless thriller with psychological themes. i was about to pour one out for the series if it dived any further into love triangle territory but it put that shit to a grinding halt and said "fuck you" and straight up killed the character. good shit

secondly...kana is just actually really weak as a character, she might as well have just had "plot device" tattooed on her head. i don't know where this "best girl" mantra is coming from cos she really wasn't. murano has like... a life. kana was just there to be stupid, cause unnecessary complications, and stubbornly obsess over the mc. and if you thought she'd be useful to shinichi don't kid yourself, she has 10% the powers migi already has and 1000% more irrational stupidity. burden gone, done deal, great fucking episode
Apr 9, 2015 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
best girl. died. so sad.
I am more into Kana x Sinichi than Murano x Sinichi.
Apr 9, 2015 3:01 PM

May 2014
Z4k said:
RIP the only human character that was worth liking.

FELT THE SAME WAY OMG.

But still, I couldn't shed tears when she died. Oh well.
Apr 11, 2015 6:00 AM

Sep 2013
poor mitsuo, gets beat up twice, Kana falls out with him, Kana dies, and he gets beat up a third time.
Apr 12, 2015 6:36 AM
May 2011
Am I the only one who was annoyed with kana? I was going to root for her if she simply died following a "signal" thinking it was Shinichi. BUT BUTTFUCKING NO she knew the existence of monsters, she knew there were others signals like Izumi. Izumi told her, IZUMI! betrayed Migi's trust(if he had any) by telling her and what did she do? did she fucking listen? no she fucking went retard and go "owh I have the power to detect my love life even thou I was wrong on multiple occasion and the person I admire told me it was dangerous and he told me what I'm sensing are actually monsters, so I better go in this place where no sane person would go and....fuck there's a monster here" which by the way was peacefully eating his meal and now has to die because some stupid bitch went retard.

Seriously I can't empathize with her. Everything about the series has been great, its just the characters annoy me to hell and the only guy I like is Migi and Izumi
Apr 12, 2015 7:16 PM

Mar 2012
Ah sadness before I go to sleep is always nice.
Apr 13, 2015 5:43 AM
Apr 2015
I am really fucking mad.

Murano is a fucking bitch. At the very beginning, when Shinichi has barely changed at all, she starts asking him 'if he's really the same person.' That's a rude fucking thing to ask someone. All she does the entire time is judge him and consider whether she still likes him or not. If he does anything she doesn't like? She doesn't talk to him anymore. WHAT A FUCKING BITCH. On top of all that she's stupid, ugly, and was never interesting or likable in any way to begin with.

Then comes Kano. Interesting, hot, cool. And and guess what. Shows actual genuine interest in the main character. Is accepting of him, and all of his qualities. The complete opposite of the Murano bitch. Then becomes totally devoted. Like WTF?? Why would you kill a girl that shows such qualities. Hot, interesting, cool, devoted? Nope. She loses to the judgmental ugly boring nagging bitch. WHO WRITES THIS?

Kana so didn't deserve this. And Murano... she doesn't deserve to even be in the fucking show. I might be done with this series. Too bad because I really liked it. I just hate Murano so much, and now that they did this to Kana I don't think I can tolerate seeing a happy ending for this Murano bitch. The injustice and lack of taste is too infuriating. Completely fuck over the best girl and treat her like trash, meanwhile the actual garbage gets the win. Good story! NOT.

P.S. Is is just me or does this happen in every fucking anime. The first girl always wins no matter how unlikable she is. Especially if another girl comes along who is way better than her. Anime writers: get your fucking shit together you stupid fucking idiots!!!!!!!!
johnnycc123Apr 13, 2015 5:50 AM
Apr 13, 2015 6:06 AM
Apr 2015
Should I even bother watching the rest of the series? I literally can't stand Murano.
johnnycc123Apr 13, 2015 6:10 AM
Apr 18, 2015 3:29 AM
May 2012
Fuck me, man. Not my Kana.....not my Kana :/
I know what she did was pretty stupid, but still....
I feel Mitsuo. He isn't a dick. He didn't force himself to Kana.
Apr 19, 2015 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Well shit, I just had to go through this all over again didn't I. Worst part is that even though I knew it was gonna happen the feels just hit even harder watching this animated T_T

SO MUCH FOR HAVING A GOODNIGHT ;_;
Apr 20, 2015 7:00 AM

Jun 2014
I saw that coming. Such a shame because she was underused character. It would be good if Kana and Shinichi team up to beat those parasyte.

Obsession led to her death. RIP
Apr 21, 2015 2:49 PM
Jun 2014
So I like Shinichi because he has heart but he's sitll not a pussy like Eren. These parasites are taking liberties. First his mum and now kana? When I watched episode 12, I had to get up and start dancing like

because if I was in Schinchi's shoes, I'd be drop kicking every parasite in site. How comes he hasn't flipped yet?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 22, 2015 10:44 PM

Apr 2013
It was sad to see her die, but she kind of had it coming. In a way, her death was satisfying.
Apr 26, 2015 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
That tragic reenactment of her dream, I called it.

And after that snow started falling, it was just a matter of waiting for her death. You knew it was going to happen. It was predictable, but never easy to see a character you liked go out like that. Mitsuo also didn't deserve losing her like that.

I wonder how far this emotionless state of Shinichi will go. Hopefully he won't lose himself too much in the long run.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.