Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2014 3:05 AM
Mar 2013
loved this show the main character was very good
Dec 26, 2014 11:06 PM

Apr 2012
Jarkzy said:
So it was a harem ending at the end? How dissapointing

Not even close.
Dec 27, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Final shaken well, and consistent with the anime, less Kakei's decision not to be a pastor, I thought it was a forced decision to return everything to normal

Already Kodachi was certainly the best girl of anime, accomplished his goal and was still living together of Kakei, I liked her personality

Well, the anime has nothing very amazing, but it can be fun, I recommend for those who like romantic comedy ..
Dec 27, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
I don't know why but Shirasaki's character as a whole made the show for me less bearable.
The only asset I can give her was the creation of Happy Project, other than that I don't think I can cite anything else.
Those Shirasaki and Kakei moments made it feel awkward and cheesy.
If I was to choose a route on the visual novel, I'll pick anyone other than hers.

Well, I support Kodachi all the way. Makes the show somewhat entertaining.
Dec 27, 2014 3:15 PM
Dec 2012
Not a bad ending. Just that there were questions needed to be answered. Like what was the `bookmark` used for? Will Kodachi disappear and forgotten later on since she is a shepherd??

Overall, I give it a 7/10.
Wasn't a bad anime, had fun watching it.
Dec 27, 2014 7:53 PM

Dec 2011
Touching speeches always gets to me. >.<
Hoping him becoming a shepherd maybe a little too sad for this type of anime... oh well.

Really like the foreshadowing of Shirasaki's imouto to become a shepherd.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2013
Decent ending to an O.K. Anime, Not bad but not that great eithier
i was struggling on rather to give this a 6 or a 7 but it had a few really good episodes so....
7/10
:)
Jan 2, 2015 12:40 AM

Feb 2013
Super cute.

8/10 for me.
Jan 2, 2015 5:24 AM

Aug 2014
Was hoping to see Misono and Serizawa sing together, she's my favorite side character in this anime.
I still hate Shirasaki though.
Jan 5, 2015 3:58 PM

Jun 2010
Kodachi FTW !!!!!!!!!
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 11, 2015 5:47 PM

May 2012
An average ending for an average anime, the first episode started off pretty well but the other episodes were pretty boring... I can't say I liked it but some scenes were pretty good nonetheless.
Jan 19, 2015 8:54 AM
May 2012
Well, something came up.....but it was a good thing :D
Alright, we got a happy end, and happy end makes me happy ^^ Shirasaki's speech <3
It's just that Anime like this really gives me this good feeling~ I would watch a season 2 :3 The specials are still airing. Thank you ^^
Jan 21, 2015 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
show has potential with book saving lives and all but

the pacing, execution, and plot sux balls

characters were meh and the show felt super rushed

don't feel any connections between MC and any of the girls at all

7/10
Feb 1, 2015 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
Hmpf, harem, it is.

Guess they didn't have the balls to do it right. Or this was only promo to the game to boost its sales which is more likely.
Anyway, time to play it I guess. I wonder what true endings are like and I want to know those characters better.
Right now there is trial EN patch done and full EN is one third done.
I believe it would be better experience.

There were good and bad things in this anime I guess. It started mediocre but it wen great and unexpected turn in the middle, script got better on the way. Too bad it went back to average in the end.
But even that, Kodachi was the most memorable character I think. Gotta like this series if only for her. The actual ending was fine but I expected more consequences of current events I guess. Not fan of Shirasaki either. As such, the things turned in different way that I hoped and resulting impact wasn't so great as I thought.

6/10
Mich666Feb 1, 2015 4:32 PM
Feb 8, 2015 10:05 AM
Jun 2011
Thank you Sarah.
It was a nice show.
She knows me, she knows that I want to be happy and I want to find people I love a make them happy.
Right?
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Feb 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
Anime definitely made me interested in VN so i guess it did its job...If i knew Japanese i would buy the VN in this instant to go with the Kodachi route :O
HaXXspetten said:
Kodachi best girl to the very end
Feb 22, 2015 2:58 AM
May 2012
I was about to give this a 7/10, but the last 3 episodes were nicely executed and I just could not help but seriously be satisfied with the ending because at least nobody was forgotten.

One of the main selling points of this anime was the comical effects, the way their faces were drawn during comedic scenes, i felt they were really necessary and were actually really funny to watch. The soundtrack was pretty good as well. The characters are all interesting. Looks like there are some VNs that churn out a pretty much good story. That Sheperd concept felt unique, and was really interesting.

Kodachi best girl for me as well.

This is now a 9/10 for me.
Feb 28, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2014
How nobody cares that they appeared out of nothing in the middle of the stage.... just shepherd, Ah Ok :D And Kodachi and Misono are the best :)
Mar 2, 2015 8:50 AM

Jun 2011
Great ending. I almost cried when Kakei was talking with Shirasaki in the backstage.

Wish it was 2 cours instead, for better and smoother development.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 3, 2015 4:24 AM

Sep 2013
So Shirasaki is the main heroine after all. Good. Well not bad, though I would have prefered if the ending was a bit more conclusive. It ended a bit open ended.

7/10. Good anime to kill time.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 15, 2015 9:54 AM

Oct 2008
This ending episode was so cheezy!
should this be a twist? : Kakei was fired on being a Shepherd and instead, Nagi was the one who actually become a Sheperd but for the Academy.
Because of Kakei's actions by saving Shirasaki and putting vice-pres into shame, in that process, they have exposed the existence of Shepherds and the result = Kakei Shepherd No more BUT Kodachi was promoted to Shepherd.

anywayz 7/10

May 24, 2015 4:07 PM

Nov 2014
When I heard that Kodachi will become Shepherd I was so happy they will stay together forever... but he just had to break it -.- Well, I guess ending we got wasn't bad, it's just Nagi will be forgotten by Kakei sooner or later. Other than that I'm happy with the conclusion.
Jul 11, 2015 3:52 AM

Dec 2008
THE CAT!!! lol INteresting twist with the whole magical librarian / guardian angel of wishes...lol....could been much more ero..buuut...oh well. Nice lil harem...aside from lonely extra guy whom didnt have luck with broads lol
Jul 25, 2015 7:33 AM
Apr 2013
8/10 for me

a happy ending could be something more though but still good show
Jul 30, 2015 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
Kinda had a feeling Nanai was his dad. So happy Kodachi wasn't kicked off she's so funny.
Nov 21, 2015 1:50 AM

Jan 2014
So neither Kodachi nor Kakei became shepherds :(
Still not bad :)
Jan 24, 2016 8:07 PM

Nov 2012
This was just something I finished for the sake of finishing, I kept putting this off forever. The anime has some interesting parts, but in the end I watched in rush because it bore me.

7/10
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Feb 27, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
ok the whole series wrapped up nicely.. Satisfied in the end I guess
May 28, 2016 12:12 PM

Apr 2015
Shigeyama said:
Kinda had a feeling Nanai was his dad. So happy Kodachi wasn't kicked off she's so funny.

I feel the same as you, I also think Nanai is the father because when he recreated the book he said something about atoning his sins
Dec 29, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2016
Just watched again some scenes along with the ending. This is really underrated. 10/10

A hidden gem. (to me at least since I've never seen it getting mentioned)

And how was this a harem ending? This was obviously Shirasaki ending.
Nov 12, 2017 9:03 AM
Mar 2017
I wanted him to become Pastor and stay with Kodachi: S

7/10
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 1, 2018 5:01 PM
Feb 2018
I thought it was a good show. I have 1 question though. What about the Little sister? Is She gonna live Forever watching her brother die? I find it Wierd that She will try to live with them, Even though She is imortal. Makes no sense If You think about it. plece state your opinion. This is the First time i have gotten mad about an Anime endingšŸ¤”šŸ˜¶
Apr 22, 2018 7:27 PM

Oct 2012
Im going to guess and ask that the guy is their father? because he looks like the father from the past plus says " maybe this will atone for my sins" what sins are we talking about? someone please reply :P
May 25, 2018 8:57 PM

Jan 2017
ss4chris said:
Im going to guess and ask that the guy is their father? because he looks like the father from the past plus says " maybe this will atone for my sins" what sins are we talking about? someone please reply :P
Well, a guy who has played VN has confirmed it that he was thier dad.
Jun 29, 2019 1:02 AM

Jun 2014
ss4chris said:

I'm late forgive me since the VN just got translated.

I don't know how much the anime adapted but Nanai is indeed Kodachi and Kakei father's. As for his sin, it's basically, the short version is, that he abandoned(escaped) his family to become a shepherd.
Jun 29, 2019 2:52 AM

Oct 2012
Thai777 said:
ss4chris said:

I'm late forgive me since the VN just got translated.

I don't know how much the anime adapted but Nanai is indeed Kodachi and Kakei father's. As for his sin, it's basically, the short version is, that he abandoned(escaped) his family to become a shepherd.

thanks for the reply :D
Jul 10, 2019 3:58 AM
Mar 2018
So, they are able to erase the memories of other about the Shepherds existance, so they won't remember them phasing into existance on the stage. But what about the other girl that got phased in there with the lighting ridge? And they were pretty calm about this in the first place. Like picture something like that happen in real life. It be the word of the century in a minute! And the rules of the Shepherds were pretty lax as well. Like, it seemed they had none at all or at least could bend them the way they needed them. And what's with that description of Shirasaki being magical? She never used magic, so what was that all about? Did the mods copypasted the character descriptions from the manga again?

Overall, it was a nice harem school club anime, with medium drama alongside some fun stuff...
Jul 13, 2019 6:54 AM
Aug 2018
Overall a good anime,enjoy it a lot.

7/10
Aug 12, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2010
Pacing wasn't good, some questions left unanswered. It provided entertainment as all the girls weren't annoying.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 19, 2019 3:20 PM
Dec 2018
I liked this show. Nothing earth shattering but it had a lot of nice moments and a good set of characters.

Unlike a lot of people, I liked Shirasaki, I suppose i am a sucker for the cute, innocent, honest types. But she tried so hard to do the right things and her character grew from someone who couldn't even speak to someone able to make a speech on stage in front of a big crowd. Her feelings for Kakei were the strongest, apart from Kodachi, maybe, and she didn't realise how strongly she felt about him until she realised that she was about to lose him. I thought they did a great job with her character and she deserved to get a happy(ish) ending.

I think we did get a combination of a Shirasaki ending and him living with his half sister (how long can that last, though?) but this is the problem with adapting a visual novel, they try to cover parts of all the routes and it makes the MC look a bit lame. Much better to pick a route and go with it. Felt a bit like a promotional video for the game.

And I don't know what to make of a character being caught committing attempted murder and getting a stern talking to from the Student Council President. If saving someone's life doesn't make you qualified to be a shepherd, who needs it?
Jan 9, 2020 1:04 AM

Feb 2018
Hmmm... Kodachi look like so cute lol, and also happy end.

9/10
Apr 14, 2020 1:57 AM

Oct 2012
i wish the VN was on steam/ purchasable online with translations.. same with fate stay night..
Aug 14, 2020 8:15 AM

Jun 2017
an engaging show although it left too many open holes of the world building and catalysts behind the characters actions and history ...May have been better but a 12 epi show can only fit that much..
6.5/10
Oct 31, 2020 11:33 PM

Aug 2018
Shit ending. He should have stayed as a shepherd. FUCKING BULLSHIT ENDING. IT RUINED THE WHOLE ANIME. FUCK OFF.

Apr 9, 2021 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
I really liked this series. Those girls were all so sweet and I swear for a while I shipped Kakei with Kodachi haha. Oh well.

Shirasaki is a much better match for him imo, she's a cutie.

This was also my first anime of this kind of genre and I'm not disappointed. If anything, I wanna watch more! It was a great ride.

Jul 16, 2023 3:11 AM
Aug 2022
Fow me i think i love this anime.After many anime i found a anime where no cheat violence and misbehave happened.
Preety good
10/10
Jul 16, 2023 3:13 AM
Aug 2022
Amatniki said:
Shit ending. He should have stayed as a shepherd. FUCKING BULLSHIT ENDING. IT RUINED THE WHOLE ANIME. FUCK OFF.

I think it good in end by this it feel like romance light-hearted series
Dec 17, 2023 7:29 PM
Dec 2021
great anime. would have liked a second seasons. Riemann Sums.
Jan 3, 11:00 PM
Jul 2023
it was awesome im glad they got together
Jan 14, 1:11 AM
Jan 2024
If an an American film company were to produce a version of this using humans, it might be possible to find actors, but the problem is our culture, Americans aren't that polite, apologetic, or quite as considerate. We'd have to hire English speaking actors who were raised overseas so that the cultural mannerisms would naturally engraved into them, to put it a other way, Bruce Lee was gifted in martial arts, and he apparently came up with the idea which became the Kung Fu TV series, I think between the inherent racism in America, and his persona he showed on the screen, it might've been difficult for him to appear as a shy soft spoken monk, like Mr. Carradine portrayed. So also, I think Americans could make a movie or TV series of this anime, we'd have to use overseas actors to properly portray the cultural mannerisms and idiosyncrasies. That being said, I think that either a movie or TV series could be done as the anime seems to be a hit, and whoever would produce it could make a lot of money.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whos is he gonna end with?

genetick - Nov 19, 2014

24 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:31 PM

» who does kakei end up with?

Belarabi - Nov 26, 2022

2 by AnosTheGod »»
Nov 27, 2022 11:19 AM

Poll: » Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2014

51 by Amatniki »»
Oct 31, 2020 10:02 PM

Poll: » Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

54 by Amatniki »»
Oct 31, 2020 9:13 PM

Poll: » Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2014

66 by Amatniki »»
Oct 31, 2020 9:12 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.