3It was OK
2.6%
2Disliked it
0.9%
1Hated it
2.6%
Average 4.5
116 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 24, 2014 5:13 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So I'll ask again, is that a wheel of fortune on the windows??? I mean you know where Sasaki is talking with washuu or whoever.
And what does it mean Kanae with nothing???
Was Tsukiyama so shocked with the smell, or Sasaki doesnt have the same smell as Kaneki??? Which it would mean that they did something to Kaneki to be able to change its smell...kind of weird
gabyta07Dec 24, 2014 5:31 AM
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 24, 2014 5:29 AM

May 2013
Wow Suzuya a Associate Special Class Investigator now. And Tsukiyama at the end, they failed to revive him.
Dec 24, 2014 5:50 AM

Aug 2014
Anyone read that little bubble where Washuu says, " It's SS rated." Does anyone has an idea for who is he talking about.?
Dec 24, 2014 5:52 AM

Sep 2008
Nice to see Suzuya again, he seems happy.
Shirazu is working hard, but Saiko is so lazy lol..
I think Haise will sign the letter of consent.

@usagi_Kuro99
I'm also curious about that.
Dec 24, 2014 6:00 AM

Oct 2014
usagi_Kuro99 said:
Anyone read that little bubble where Washuu says, " It's SS rated." Does anyone has an idea for who is he talking about.?

I think they are just suspecting the madam's and probably there is a madam rank SS

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 24, 2014 6:00 AM

Apr 2014
GinMagi said:
Wow Suzuya a Associate Special Class Investigator now. And Tsukiyama at the end, they failed to revive him.

Nah I think its way too early to decide..Its look like the end of the this chapter is setting it up for Tsukiyama's monologues next chapter?

Dec 24, 2014 6:06 AM

Apr 2014
Shirazu is such the best person in the Quinx squad.The more I see him and his effort to work harder the less I hate the guy.

Dec 24, 2014 6:26 AM

Aug 2014
Though Cookie-kun is the real driving force of the Q's. He understands all the other 3 better than Haise. Also know what makes'em tick. Basically the best guy.
Also Saiko is a Rank 2 investigator. How the hell did she got that promotion.? :D :D
Dec 24, 2014 6:28 AM

Oct 2014
usagi_Kuro99 said:
Though Cookie-kun is the real driving force of the Q's. He understands all the other 3 better than Haise. Also know what makes'em tick. Basically the best guy.
Also Saiko is a Rank 2 investigator. How the hell did she got that promotion.? :D :D

But that's what we were talking abt before, that the other CCG members are probably jealous/angry bc the quinx got easy promotions just bc they have a kagune.

Dec 24, 2014 6:38 AM

Dec 2014
Shirazu really is nice. He doubts himself, but I also belief he does a good job and really tries his best for everyone. Mutsuki is sharper than they give him credit for, which I didn't expected.

Sasaki really has it hard, but I'm not sure if he would give permission, I would be cautious about it too. It's just too risky, also he of all people knows best what those RC cells do with your body.

Happy happy happy!!!
Dec 24, 2014 6:45 AM

Oct 2011
Maybe Saiko is really badass... When she cares. Or something like - I'm slow, sleppy and lazy, but when you piss me off, I'm unstoppable to kill you.

I love Suzuya and Haise's relationship ;D

I like Shirazu more and more with each chapter - just like I hate Urie. He's well built character, but still - I wish him death XD

Servant of the Tsukiyama family? Do people who have read novels know something about it? That "Tsukiyama family" looks like serious business.

Yeah, I think that Haise won't give permission for Urie's operation - and Urie would do something really, really stupid to get it.
Dec 24, 2014 6:55 AM

Apr 2014
That color page in the beginning was pretty cool.

Suzuya is already Associate Special Class Investigator and yet he still remains carefree. Poor Shirazu had to carry a fat investigator all the way to CCG. And Nutcracker is providing humans to this "certain" Madam (A) which is interesting by the way because if we assume that person is Madamn A then those humans might be used for the half ghoul experiment by Kanou since we all know she has a connection with him.

I've said it before but I seriously dig those disguises especially Sasaki's. I don't know why but I couldn't help but laugh at Urie's reaction after Shirazu broke that glass.

And oh boy! Run Shirazu run!! The big bad wolf has her eyes on your schlong lol.

I can't wait to see why Sasaki's ENERGY underwear didn't work.

usagi_Kuro99 said:

That was a mistake by Imperial scans. Her rank is still 3.
Dec 24, 2014 6:58 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Urie's plan to dent Shirazu's position as the squad leader pretty much failed, due to Suzuya being late as well and Shirazu ultimately bringing Saiko on his back. Yeah, suck it Urie!

Suzuya and Sasaki's reunion was great! I like how Suzuya went straight for the snacks in Sasaki's pockets that he prepared beforehand. XD
Looks like he has been promoted from a first-class to an associate special class. Nice!

Shirazu asking Saiko if she can hear the customers talking and her response coming out as a food mania was hilarious! She must have some high level hearing ability to figure out what's going on in the kitchen. XD

Damn, they were so close to "Nutcracker" this chapter. Too bad, Shirazu's unintentional carelessness let her get away. Sasaki's covering his face at failure and Urie just sipping on his coffee was pretty funny though!

Not sure why Mutsuki wondered if there's a reason for Sasaki to let Saiko act so carefree. Maybe because Sasaki wants Shirazu to improve himself by letting him handle everything on his own? O.o

Urie can't just wait to strengthen his Kagune. The "experiment" must be related to increase his level from F2. Hopefully, Sasaki won't consent him.

Not really surprised to see Chie has a connection with the Tsukiyama (family). Kanae saying "Scheisse" was quite funny.

Good chapter! Expect to see Tsukiyama very soon. Missed his French phrases for quite a while now.

Dec 24, 2014 7:01 AM

Oct 2014
Shaniyaz said:

Shirazu asking Saiko if she can hear the customers talking and her response coming out as a food mania was hilarious! She must have some high level hearing ability to figure out what's going on in the kitchen. XD

That is why I think, she has the same feeling when eating that ghouls have.
Kaneki described in volume III, ghouls feel incredible pleasure when eating.

Dec 24, 2014 7:12 AM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:

usagi_Kuro99 said:

You think so.? But I checked the japanese spoilers for chapter 10 and her info-box has the "Ni" kanji, the kanji for number 2. Though I don't know what that actually states. Not a kanji expert. :D
Dec 24, 2014 7:13 AM

Oct 2011
Maybe it Saiko's ability - her extraordinary senses, better than other of the squad?

I believe that Haise really treats them like his children. He hit Urie because he put in danger his "sibling", but Haise really wants them to be happy, so he kinda spoils them. You know "unless they hurt each other/themselves, let them be".
Dec 24, 2014 7:38 AM

Oct 2014
When they said the nutcracker only eats male testicles i practically screamed !!
What a sexist ghoul
Dec 24, 2014 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
SUUUUUUUZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYAAAAAAAA X HAAAAAAIIIIIISSEEEEEEEEEEE

BROOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Great chapter, can't wait to see Tsukiyama. I'm also interested in Kanae's character.
NuviDec 24, 2014 7:57 AM
Dec 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Sep 2013
Suzuya is up to something with that checking up Sasaki's body every time they meet XD

Tsukumiya is about to go crazy next week after finding out Kaneki's alive :)
Dec 24, 2014 8:13 AM

Oct 2011
I think that for Tsukiyama Kaneki is *dead*. He has very sensitive smell and taste, so he knows that Haise was Kaneki once... But not anymore. Whatever happens, Haise accepting Kaneki or not, they can't turn back time. Maybe that's why Tsukiyama is so depressed? That he didn't eat Kaneki before Arima "killed" him?
Dec 24, 2014 8:16 AM

Feb 2014
where did u read it?
"we're already the walking dead. if there's anything that makes us different from the real dead, there's only one. living and dying isn't the real issue. if you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. if you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world." - Revy
Dec 24, 2014 8:17 AM
Nov 2014
Dec 24, 2014 8:18 AM

Feb 2014
FlameCrysis said:
Hisoka666 said:
where did u read it?

http://imperialscans.com/read/tokyo-ghoul-re/11-the-value-of-waiting/1

ty man :)
"we're already the walking dead. if there's anything that makes us different from the real dead, there's only one. living and dying isn't the real issue. if you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. if you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world." - Revy
Dec 24, 2014 8:21 AM

Apr 2014
gabyta07 said:
Shaniyaz said:

I think you're wrong there because each of the Quinx seems to have a special trait after the operation. Urie has a sharp sense of smell while both Shirazu and Saiko has sharp ears and Mutsuki seems to have sharp eyes.
Dec 24, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, no wonder he goes by the name Nutcracker..

Saiko's gimmick makes me smile every chapter for some reason now. Good to see Suzuya this chapter.
Dec 24, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
gabyta07 said:
And what does it mean Kanae with nothing??? Was Tsukiyama so shocked with the smell, or Sasaki doesnt have the same smell as Kaneki??? Which it would mean that they did something to Kaneki to be able to change its smell...kind of weird

usagi_Kuro99 said:

These 2 stuff also got me thinking this chap. I guess we'll need to see nxt chap. Hopefully from this setup we can get a Shu chap nxt time :3 I really hope so >.<!
If most of the people know that Haise is Ken then why didn't they think of giving Shu the underwear before now? It's been 3 years ^^;

Anyway...Liking Saiko more and more. Her ability will definitely be useful :3
Shirazu's too hard on himself and Urie while understandable needs to calm down a bit. No need for him to rush that power up.

And finally ofc Dat Suzuya :D He looks so happy ^^ Him and Haise being such good friends is awesome to see :)
Dec 24, 2014 8:30 AM

Feb 2014
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1563/9310/original.jpg

Hide?
Dec 24, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2010

I honestly thought that too XD

Oh and DAT 10 million sales >.<!!!
Dec 24, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2014
Barion-Zara said:
gabyta07 said:
And what does it mean Kanae with nothing??? Was Tsukiyama so shocked with the smell, or Sasaki doesnt have the same smell as Kaneki??? Which it would mean that they did something to Kaneki to be able to change its smell...kind of weird

usagi_Kuro99 said:

These 2 stuff also got me thinking this chap. I guess we'll need to see nxt chap. Hopefully from this setup we can get a Shu chap nxt time :3 I really hope so >.<!
If most of the people know that Haise is Ken then why didn't they think of giving Shu the underwear before now? It's been 3 years ^^;

Anyway...Liking Saiko more and more. Her ability will definitely be useful :3
Shirazu's too hard on himself and Urie while understandable needs to calm down a bit. No need for him to rush that power up.

And finally ofc Dat Suzuya :D He looks so happy ^^ Him and Haise being such good friends is awesome to see :)

Already Old Mcdonald told me the translation is incorrect.
Kanae doesn't said "he said nothing" but he said "What do you think he say"

Dec 24, 2014 8:49 AM

Apr 2014

The guy at the bottom? That's Sasaki.
Dec 24, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
Z4k said:
That color page in the beginning was pretty cool.

Suzuya is already Associate Special Class Investigator and yet he still remains carefree. Poor Shirazu had to carry a fat investigator all the way to CCG. And Nutcracker is providing humans to this "certain" Madam (A) which is interesting by the way because if we assume that person is Madamn A then those humans might be used for the half ghoul experiment by Kanou since we all know she has a connection with him.

I've said it before but I seriously dig those disguises especially Sasaki's. I don't know why but I couldn't help but laugh at Urie's reaction after Shirazu broke that glass.

And oh boy! Run Shirazu run!! The big bad wolf has her eyes on your schlong lol.

I can't wait to see why Sasaki's ENERGY underwear didn't work.

usagi_Kuro99 said:

Gotta agree damn that reaction of Sasaki. XD
gabyta07 said:
Shaniyaz said:

Never thought about that, but guessing that attitude of hers it makes scene. Then again, I'm similar to to Saiko. Whenever something delicious is cooked I smell it, even more when I'm hungry. Gasp! I can't be a ghoul!!! I enjoy the smell and taste of human food too much!!
[quote=malik7263]When they said the nutcracker only eats male testicles i practically screamed !!
What a sexist ghoul[/quote

Nut cracker is a female and ghouls tend to prefer the meat of their opposite sex, also woman don't have any nuts. XD

Happy happy happy!!!
Dec 24, 2014 8:53 AM

Aug 2014
Them 10 million sales. Ishida deserves them. So i guess we'll be getting chapters on Wednesday?

Pretty interesting stuff, Urie failed to ruin the Quinques' reputation thanks to Juuzou... ahh, i've missed that little lollipop. He's as cute and entertaining as he was before, and it seems he dyed his hair. Dind't really understand who the SS-ranked ghoul is, but human trafficking? That's just dark... those b*tches have to go. How much more creepy can that Nutcracker ghoul get? I don't even remember a ghoul this grotesque.

Anyway, poor Shirazu is suffering the consequences of waking up Saiko every time, but i still can't be mad at her, she's just too awesome. Shirazu's growing on me even more, with how he genuinely worries about the Quinques and the investigations. And Urie? Well, he can try and get more power, won't make him a better person. I'm interested to see whether Haise's going to allow him to undertake the experiment.

So, i guess we should get used to having chapters almost full with CCG and one or so pages on the ghoul side, at least that seems to be Ishida's style for now. As one of my favourite characters, i'm hoping Tsukiyama gets better soon, he needs that Kaneki tastiness in his life.

4.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 24, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2013
Suzuya :3
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 24, 2014 8:56 AM

Feb 2014
I missed Juuzo. Like rly he is such a good guy haha. That moment when haise say "hi juuzo" it made my day
Dec 24, 2014 8:58 AM

Nov 2012
i have a feeling shirazu will get his balls rekt by the nutcracker and become badass squad leader.
it means no promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion promotion for urie :p
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 24, 2014 9:03 AM
Apr 2014
Well, weird taste that Nutcracker has. Literally a "nut" cracker too.
Dec 24, 2014 9:15 AM
Oct 2012
is difficult to follow the manga, the translation has so many errors that change the meaning of events.
Dec 24, 2014 9:21 AM
Oct 2012
usagi_Kuro99 said:

the last page of the chapter there is a picture of the Saiko, there is said that she be a rank 2 was a mistake.
Dec 24, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2014
stop harassing the translators=less errors
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 24, 2014 9:39 AM
Jul 2013
so, will Ishida on break this week for Christmas or next week for New Year?
Dec 24, 2014 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
wrong-pass said:

Some guy in another forum confirmed that we'll get spoilers this weekend then after that there will be a break until 17th.
Dec 24, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2010
Z4k said:
wrong-pass said:

Some guy in another forum confirmed that we'll get spoilers this weekend then after that there will be a break until 17th.

Did he have a source?
Dec 24, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Z4k said:

Did he have a source?

He said spoiler guy from 2ch confirmed it. Not sure about the 17th though because some say its on 10th while another said its on 17th.
Dec 24, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2013
Suzuya is an Associate Special Class now. NICE!
Dec 24, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2014
I wonder..Will Tsukiyama be happy with "Sasaki Haise" ?

Dec 24, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2013
Not enough suzuya! But seriously the Suzuya Haise panels were the best thing this chapter...also is Suzuya wearing an arm band with this tarot number?

Haise should wear disguise more often

So does this mean that Tsukiyama is beyond recovery now? I mean not reacting to Haise's pantsu def doesn't bode well for him
Dec 24, 2014 10:15 AM

Feb 2014
okay.

-i liked suzuya and haise's relationship.
-shirazu i like you very much, man!
-kanae is cute ^.^
-finally we saw tsukiyama.

okay.

but what was the gift for kaneki's birthday?
damn, i was expecting something more.

for that reason, i hate keeping my expectations high !
and once again, note to myself, dont trust this forum and gossips -.-
EustassKiddo !
Dec 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
ftsyzc said:

This chapter is supposed to release tomorrow officially in Japan. Kaneki's gift was the coffee he loved which was in chapter 10.
Dec 24, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
I wonder what sassan/kaneki is being fed with now...what kind of meat.
Dec 24, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
Z4k said:
ftsyzc said:

This chapter is supposed to release tomorrow officially in Japan. Kaneki's gift was the Touka he loved which was in chapter 10.

fixed
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.