Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people hate how Americans change cultural things like food?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2014 9:17 AM

Oct 2011
Well, I can see why some people would be upset to see the food from their home country altered into something not true to the original. But as my roommate who was from Mexico would say to me: "Mexicans who want real Mexican food will never go to a Mexican restaurant".

I think if you're from Italy and going to an Italian restaurant then you shouldn't expect authentic food. In public places, food is altered to the culture in which it is being served in. American's have a different palette than Mexicans, Italians, Chinese, Europeans, and everywhere else. And if I recall, if an American goes to Japan for instance and gets a hamburger or pizza it's not going to be authentic either.
Dec 24, 2014 9:26 AM

Jan 2011
Risan07 said:

I think if you're from Italy and going to an Italian restaurant then you shouldn't expect authentic food. In public places, food is altered to the culture in which it is being served in. American's have a different palette than Mexicans, Italians, Chinese, Europeans, and everywhere else. And if I recall, if an American goes to Japan for instance and gets a hamburger or pizza it's not going to be authentic either.

I don't know about other countries but from what i've heard on news, our restaurants outside Italy try to keep their original recipe. Of course, the product can't be the same...
Dec 24, 2014 9:43 AM

Apr 2012
AnnoKano said:
Immahnoob said:
Why are you people only talking about the UK?

Europe is larger, guys.

The United Kingdom doesn't even want to be part of Europe.
That doesn't make it not part of Europe though.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 24, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
I only eat european food.
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Dec 24, 2014 9:57 AM

Feb 2014
Because they are jelly of our Murican food prowess.

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Dec 24, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2012
tl;dr cuz i'm fucking lazy

my best net friends (and i consider them "real" friends)

are german and portuguese. they love to pig out at american franchises like McDonalds and Burger King and KFC

is that what this question is about?

i don't even eat fast food!
Dec 24, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
I love how we add Bacon to everything. There has never been a single food in existence that hasn't benefitted from the addition of Bacon. Science.
Dec 24, 2014 11:32 AM

Aug 2014
deanzel said:
I love how we add Bacon to everything. There has never been a single food in existence that hasn't benefitted from the addition of Bacon. Science.

no... it's...

MURICAAAAA!!!!
Dec 24, 2014 11:33 AM

Mar 2011
papsoshea said:
What is american cuisine?
Food that has an origin in America. Ambrosia the dessert comes to mind, though most countries have their own variation of it; Thats to be expected though. Mole is another dish but I believe the topic was on the USA.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Dec 24, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
papsoshea said:
What is american cuisine?
Up-sized fries.
Dec 24, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
because they are fucking annoying for the most part and have a very destructive outlook on the rest of the world
Dec 24, 2014 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
tayorous said:
because they are fucking annoying for the most part and have a very destructive outlook on the rest of the world

I lol'd
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 24, 2014 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
Because America is the best.

Also we exchange customs.

So fuck you if you don't like how we do things.
Dec 24, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
Fiction-S said:
Because America is the best.

Also we exchange customs.

So fuck you if you don't like how we do things.

That's raaaaaight. 'MURICA!

Dec 24, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Who gets offended about Taco Bell not being authentic Mexican cuisine?

"Oh man, that orange chicken from Panda Express sure is racist."
-said nobody ever

What, you're gonna complain Rainforest Cafe doesn't come with a bug infestation and tons of diseases with mold growing everywhere?

Fuck.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Dec 24, 2014 1:38 PM
Mar 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
God-of-Harem said:
The only thing that annoys me a little, is how Americans change the spelling and pronunciation of many English words, just to suit themselves.
Actually we just reverted back to the Anglo-Saxox's English spelling as opposed to the UK which kept English words that were changed after being influenced by the French . . . .
this is wrong...

words like realise are originally french (réaliser) . The UK retained the french spelling whereas the US change it.
Dec 24, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2008
^
English is mostly based on German more than French. Also some words have multiple language origins.
Dec 24, 2014 2:34 PM
Mar 2013
traed said:
^
English is mostly based on German more than French. Also some words have multiple language origins.
it's based on german, yes. but vocabulary wise, French has had a larger impact and as such there are more words derived from french than german
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_language_influences_in_English
Dec 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
Zarbel said:
The only thing I hate is when they say "period" at the end of a sentence.

Your opinion is stupid. Period!
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Dec 24, 2014 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
People just hate USA in general..

Other countries are just jealous that we started the whole revolution trend and were the most successful at rebuilding our government to where it's one of the most stable government systems in the world.
Dec 24, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
emoblossom123 said:
most stable government systems in the world.
What.

Autocrat said:
Dec 24, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
deanzel said:

I've gone to restraunts where they put bacon on their milkshakes. It's f*cking gross. I hate bacon.
Dec 24, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
deanzel said:
I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't like bacon.
Dec 24, 2014 3:43 PM

Oct 2013
Immahnoob said:
emoblossom123 said:
most stable government systems in the world.
What.

Let me reword that. Compared to most of the other countries in the world (Most of Africa and South America; Communist countries; parts of the middle east) America is pretty well off in consideration. Most Americans feel no need to overthrow the government, despite some obvious flaws. Yeah, we don't have the best economy, our healthcare certainly needs work, and we have overly strict border laws, but we're far richer than a majority of other countries. We're about as well off as any other Europeon country. I think our biggest issues would be gun control and pollution, but besides those, I think we're doing fine.
Dec 24, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2014
The U.S. has a ton of different ethnicities and cultures so it's only natural that they'd intermingle and create something non-traditional. Like the Jewish and Irish communities in America mixing to come up with the tradition of eating corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day. Why anyone would get upset about it is beyond me.
Dec 24, 2014 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
emoblossom123 said:
Immahnoob said:
What.

Let me reword that. Compared to most of the other countries in the world (Most of Africa and South America; Communist countries; parts of the middle east) America is pretty well off in consideration. Most Americans feel no need to overthrow the government, despite some obvious flaws. Yeah, we don't have the best economy, our healthcare certainly needs work, and we have overly strict border laws, but we're far richer than a majority of other countries. We're about as well off as any other Europeon country. I think our biggest issues would be gun control and pollution, but besides those, I think we're doing fine.
That's not how it works. Just because there are others with problems, other problems you think they should focus on, etc, it doesn't mean they should just leave it at that.

That's irrational.

Autocrat said:
Dec 24, 2014 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
emoblossom123 said:
tsudecimo said:
People just hate USA in general..

Other countries are just jealous that we started the whole revolution trend and were the most successful at rebuilding our government to where it's one of the most stable government systems in the world.

What did your sig. say??
Dec 24, 2014 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
in all seriousness, don't hate on the usa, because i'm pretty sure all other countries are also messed up in one way or another
Dec 24, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
There is a special providence for drunkards, fools, and the United States of America.
Dec 24, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
There is a special providence for drunkards, fools, and the United States of America.

but the usa is where the iphones are made man

:(
Dec 24, 2014 5:25 PM
Nov 2008
peeps gotta get mad about sumthin
Dec 24, 2014 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
Nanet said:
RedArmyShogun said:

but the usa is where the iphones are made man

:(
SOMEONE, BOMB THE US.

NOW!!!!

Autocrat said:
Dec 24, 2014 6:11 PM

Oct 2013
Immahnoob said:
emoblossom123 said:

That's not how it works. Just because there are others with problems, other problems you think they should focus on, etc, it doesn't mean they should just leave it at that.

That's irrational.

I never said we should just leave it at that. I think we should fix our problems. I was only comparing America to other countries
Dec 24, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 2014
dity said:
peeps gotta get mad about sumthin
Dec 24, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
God-of-Harem said:
VitaminCaim said:
It's called being better than Europoor. And it is

Whatever helps disguise your inadequacy.
My post got deleted so I'll recompensate.
Europe sucks. It's terribad. If I can think of any inadequacies of mine, it's because of the very existence of Europe.

Also
You have all these flavors and you choose to be salty?
Dec 24, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
VitaminCaim said:
God-of-Harem said:

Whatever helps disguise your inadequacy.
My post got deleted so I'll recompensate.
Europe sucks. It's terribad. If I can think of any inadequacies of mine, it's because of the very existence of Europe.

Also
You have all these flavored and you choose to be salty?

salt is best flavor
it hurts the most when you put it in a wound

mmmmmm
Dec 24, 2014 6:57 PM

Aug 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Same reason why some hate anime dubbed: Its not the original.

Well said.
Dec 24, 2014 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Nanet said:
salt is best flavor
most american thing I've heard all day
Dec 24, 2014 8:53 PM

Aug 2014
This is a thing? Who the hell cares? It's food. It's not like they're claiming to have invented those foods.
Dec 26, 2014 3:39 AM

Oct 2013
papsoshea said:
Sloth_ said:
Up-sized fries.
Hahaha dat murica, hot dogs and burgers dipped in lard.

Silverstorm said:
Food that has an origin in America. Ambrosia the dessert comes to mind, though most countries have their own variation of it; Thats to be expected though. Mole is another dish but I believe the topic was on the USA.
Now The Rock can smell what the American's are making here, i love Ambrosia.

That kind of talking is why the Rock lost to John C. good riddance.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 6 hours ago

7 by Kamikaze_404 »»
10 minutes ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - 12 hours ago

7 by tsukareru »»
54 minutes ago

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

12 by tsukareru »»
57 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 10 hours ago

13 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

19 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.