Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 23, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2008
Enjoyed Gone Girl, Xmen, Guardian of the Galaxy, and Interstellar immensely. This year was pretty top notch for my scifi tastes.

Not so much? I don't remember the bad, lol. I guess the new Transformers, Ninja Turtles, you know, Michael Bay stuff.
Spiderman 2 was also kinda... meh.
Dec 24, 2014 1:10 AM

Dec 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy is pretty good. Other than that, meh.

Edit: Forgot to add in Snowpiercer, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Dracula Untold.
GrampsMcRonaldsDec 27, 2014 11:16 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2014 1:24 AM

Sep 2013
Hm...

*Boyhood* ---> the whole concept of direction of this movie is insane. It took 12 years to be finished and portrays the life of a boy, whose parents divorced and his life all along these years. The director used the same actors during all the movie-making.

*Big Hero 6* ---> watched it just two days ago. Train of feelings ;_; 10/10

*Frank* ---> insane tale also this one. Between comedy and sociology, had a fun time watching it.

Yet to watch *Under the skin* and a couple of other movies, such as *Interstellar*. Think they both would enter in my list of favs.
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Dec 24, 2014 1:40 AM

Jan 2009
i hope i can watch Edge of Tomorrow before this year ends, im procrastinating on watching that one, i heard good things about it
Dec 24, 2014 1:45 AM

Sep 2013
j0x said:
i hope i can watch Edge of Tomorrow before this year ends, im procrastinating on watching that one, i heard good things about it

It was meh tbh. Generic sci-fi. Enjoyable to a certain extent but the rip-off of ton of other movies like it.
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Dec 24, 2014 1:47 AM

Jan 2011
I'm not even sure if I saw any movies this year.
Dec 24, 2014 1:50 AM
May 2007
Awesome
GOTG
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Lone Survivor

Total Shit
Transformers
Ponpei
Dec 24, 2014 4:01 AM

Jun 2014
A few pretty good stuff this year.

Liked: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Interstellar, Guardians of the Galaxy, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Lego Movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Disliked: A Million Ways To Die In The West, The Amazing Spiderman 2 and Transformers: Age of Extinction.

I still have quite a few more to watch though.
ZoronDec 13, 2015 12:39 AM
Dec 24, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 2013
I've been to last The Hobbit movie just a few days ago. God damn it was so good.
Dec 24, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
zoron said:
A few pretty good stuff this year.

Liked: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,, Guardians of the Galaxy, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Lego Movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Pretty much the same as those stated. Although they were very entertaining, none really stood out too much.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 24, 2014 11:26 AM

Sep 2013
Enjoyed
Captain America 2: One of Marvel's best. Improvement over the first.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Simple but entertaining.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Another of Marvel's best. A mindless but fun experience.
Edge of Tomorrow| All You Need is Kill| Live, Die, Repeat: Is this the first time Hollywood finally did a decent job adapting an manga/anime? Good stuff.
Days of Future Past: The best film in the franchise since X-2.
Interstellar: Pretty good for the most part.

Meh
TMNT: Not much to say about this. It was okay. Needed some rewrites.
Transformers: Age of Extinction: Okay. Needed to be shorter. Arguably a wasted opportunity to reboot the franchise.
Think Like a Man Too: Not awful, but forgettable.
Robocop (2014): Meh. The original was much better. This felt soulless in comparison.
Amazing Spider-Man 2: Better than the Amazing Spider-Man. But it had too much going on in one movie.

Disliked
Godzilla (2014): A pretentious bore-fest. Hardly even a Godzilla film.
Exodus: Gods and Kings: Disappointment. Cold and impersonal movie. Deviated too heavily from source material for no good reason. Expected better from Ridley Scott.
Dec 24, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2012
Interstellar was great, Hans zimmer did a good job with the music as well.

Dec 24, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
Enjoyed Interstellar and Guardians of the Galaxy. Didn't like the way they finished The Hobbit, it was just really inaccurate in regards to the book.
Dec 24, 2014 12:29 PM
May 2013
I didn't see a lot...

The ones I liked most:
The Grand Budapest Hotel
X-Men
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Also liked to some extent (some more than others):
Horns
Boyhood
Camp X-Ray
Clouds of Sils Maria

Haven't seen The Hunger Games or The Hobbit yet. I can't think of any I particularly disliked.
Dec 24, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
Guardians! it might be the only movie i saw this year lol

and i loved it. fave marvel yet
Dec 24, 2014 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
I really enjoyed fury, I loved interstellar. Nightcrawler was kinda a let down but I can see it's appeal. Grand Budapest Hotel wasn't as good as moonrise kingdom.
I have really funny thoughts that no one will get to hear.
Dec 24, 2014 2:20 PM

Sep 2012
I liked Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Imitation Game and Nightcrawler.

I didn't care much for Guardians of the Galaxy. While I enjoyed it Sin City 2, it was disappointing at the same time.

I still need to watch Interstellar, The Hobbit Part 3, Gone Girl and Birdman.
Dec 24, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
I will probably just list what I remember, since I watched a lot this year compare to previous ones.

Liked: X men days of future past, The Equalizer, The amazing spider man 2, Edge of Tomorrow, Maze Runner, Dawn of the planet of the apes, Non-Stop, Divergent (I only remember not disliking it tbh), Walk of Shame, Neighbors, The Fault in our Stars, 22 Jump Street, This is where I leave you, Good People.

Disliked: Guardians of the Galaxy (Well I actually thought it was okay and didn't dislike it, but I think it's really not worth the praise), Ride Along, TMNT, That awkward moment, Let's be cops, Are you here.
Dec 24, 2014 2:55 PM

Oct 2012
Gone Girl, Boyhood, Interstellar, Snowpiercer, Whiplash

I still have a lot left to see though :(
Dec 25, 2014 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
My favorite movies this year were :

- Boyhood: Linklater is always involved in some very innovative and interesting projects which turns cinema into some kind of great life experience. This is probably his most ambitious project and he delivered quite well.

- Mommy: My biggest surprise this year. The direction is great and complements very well the story. The characters are all completely twisted but yet so endearing. I can't believe the director is only few days older than I am. Fuck my life.

- Nightcrawler: Reminds me of Drive, but with better pacing and a better protagonist. It's a great and cynical Neo-noir movie, Jake Gyllenhaal is fantastic, I hope he wins the Academy Award this year.

- Gone Girl: Very well crafted story, good characters, good plot, good dialog. It's just well done and I think it summarize very well David Fincher's career till now.

- Winter Sleep : It has some of the best scenes I've seen this year, The dialog can be so gripping in this movie. Some scenes are a bit overstrecthed, but it's still very impressive. The kind of movie with a simple story that yet manages to tell so much about life, society, people... My favorite kind of movie.

Other movies I like include: Love at First Fight (Good and original French romance with lots of energy and heart), Interstellar, Timbuktu (We need more African movie like this one), Guardian of the Galaxy, Captain America: The Winter Soldier (the first one was bad, this one was surprisingly good), The Nightingale (Very sweet Chinese movie), Les Héritiers, Two Days One Night (You can't go wrong with the Dardennes brothers)...

Movies I disliked: Sin City A dame to kill for (All these years, just for that, what a letdown!), The Grand Budapest Hotel (Yeah...I give up on Wes Anderson, he's really not for me), X-Men Days of Future Past (the first one was good, this one was surprisingly bad), The Hobbit part 3 (overstreched and mediocre like the 2 other parts), The Amazing Spiderman 2 (bad, just bad), Black Coal Thin Ice (Chinese Neo-noir movie, mediocre and so boring).
SetsukoHaraDec 25, 2014 7:08 AM
Dec 25, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2013
The best movie of the year: Birdman.

Boyhood, The Imitation Game, Captain America: Winter Solider (I am sourprised, it had a great tone and a very well handled villain), Edge of Tomorrow and that movie by Ben Affleck that was pretty good as well.
Dec 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2012
Soul-Master said:
The best movie of the year: Birdman.

Boyhood, The Imitation Game, Captain America: Winter Solider (I am sourprised, it had a great tone and a very well handled villain), Edge of Tomorrow and that movie by Ben Affleck that was pretty good as well.

ooh ! i want to see birdman so badly
Dec 26, 2014 2:55 PM

Dec 2014
Don't really have much to say about movies this year. Booyhood is uniue movie just because it was filmed for years. Gone Girl is very good, but honestly Fincher has filmed better movies. Nightcrawler very original idea, main actor did a great job.
Dec 26, 2014 5:45 PM

Jun 2008
I LOVED The Interview. I can see why North Korea hated it so. XD
Dec 26, 2014 6:33 PM

Feb 2009
Loved: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy

Liked: Lone Survivor, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, X-Men Days of Future Past, The Raid 2

Disliked: Godzilla (too much focus on the human drama, not enough Godzilla)
Dec 26, 2014 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
Liked:
20,000 Days on Earth, Boyhood, Cold in July, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow, Gone Girl, Guardians of the Galaxy, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Interstellar, The Lego Move, Life Itself, Nightcrawler, The Raid 2, Tokyo Tribe, Whiplash, X-Men DOFP.

Best - Nightcrawler/The Raid 2

Didn't Like:
22 Jump Street, Captain America 2, Godzilla, Noah.

It's been a good year for film and there's still plenty more to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 27, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2007
Best of 2014
1. Birdman
2. The Lego Movie
3. Whiplash
4. Gone Girl
5. The Babadook

Worst of 2014
5. The Purge: Anarchy
4. Non-Stop
3. Ride Along
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
1. God's Not Dead
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 27, 2014 6:36 PM

Jun 2008
Seeing you guys list made me forget all the other good movies I've seen lol

Actually I liked edge of tomorrow a looooooot, but only because Im a sucker for time loops
Agreed on Xmen as well, if Guardians wasnt a superhero movie I'd have put that as my fav of 2014 (ironic I didnt even mention it...)

Will probably see dawn & apes, nightcrawler, and hobbit sometime.
Oh and Hunger games... yep.
Dec 27, 2014 8:17 PM
Dec 2013
Loved: How to train your dragon 2: beautifully animated and lots of fun
The Lego Movie: wonderful, funny and looks like Lego, awesome

Liked:
X-Men days of future past: very fun and flashy but not perfect
Melificent: thought it was an interesting and fun alternative story that could have been, don't know why so many people took it so seriously and got so angry about it
The Hunger Games, Mockingjay pt1: took most important bits out of the worst book in the series and made them seem dramatic and more well put together imo
Muppets Most Wanted: wasn't as good as it could have been but still had it's moments

Didn't Like:
Robocop: tried to be modern and interesting but unfortunately it was pretty boring and long winded with PG 13 violence
Edge of Tommorow: pretty boring and lacked chemistry between the leads, was trying to be a dramtic sci fi love story and save the world thing but failed to make me care or keep me interested imo
Dec 27, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
@daintybiscuit: It´s a great movie imo.

I still have to see Nightcrawler, Whiplash and Guardians of the Galaxy so take my opinion for what it´s wort.
That said, 2014 has been a pretty sweet year for movies. The amount of good movies has been surprising, for the most part.

Now, for the worst:
Saving Christmas, Anabelle, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Godzilla, Need for Speed.
Dec 28, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2014
Hobbit was my favorite. it was so great ;;

hope i can watch interstellar some time soon though, heard it was great
Dec 28, 2014 12:46 PM
Dec 2014
I'm not a big movie person so don't watch a lot of new movies, but from what I have watched I enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Inbetweeners 2, A Million Ways to die in the West and Bad Neighbours, gonna watch Guardians of the Galaxy over a friends in the new year.

Wanted to see the new Hunger Games as well as the LEGO Movie but never got around to it, also did Frozen release this year or not, forgot, if so I liked that as well.
Interested in seeing Maleficent, Lucy and Dumb & Dumber To as well, Big Hero 6 hasn't been released in UK theatres yet so haven't seen that though I really wanna.

Also want to see The Interview but don't know if that's being released in the UK or not.
Dec 28, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
THE HOBBIT <33
Dec 28, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
Captain America : winter soldier
How to train your dragon
Guardian of the galaxy

Meh
Transformer (it's already suck since transformer 2)
Godzilla remake.
Spider-Man 2

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7571 by tsukareru »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
9 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Yesterday, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.