Forum Settings
Forums

Naruto: Gekijouban Naruto: Dai Koufun! Mikazuki-jima no Animal Panic Datte ba yo! Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2007 10:28 AM

Mar 2007
Well it's been released! I'm getting ready to download it right now, so opinions everyone!
Apr 29, 2007 5:57 PM

Apr 2007
Just finished it up and it's the first Naruto movie I've finished.. the other 2 are still sitting on my HD :P It was alright, nothing spectacular.. but I did like Lee's fight in the mansion and Naruto on the beach, even though they were short :(
MistaNightApr 30, 2007 1:12 PM
Apr 29, 2007 5:59 PM

Nov 2006
um where did ya find it?

Apr 29, 2007 6:01 PM

Mar 2007
darkvoltage said:
um where did ya find it?

i found it on baka-updates.com; BT.
Apr 29, 2007 6:04 PM

Nov 2006
ReverseHarem said:
darkvoltage said:
um where did ya find it?

i found it on baka-updates.com; BT.

alright thanks

Apr 29, 2007 7:30 PM

May 2006
Yeah, it wasn't terrible, but not great. I tend to prefer the series to any of the movies/ovas because they are basically just better made fillers. It was kind of funny to see the characters in their pre-Shippuuden clothes though.

Apr 30, 2007 3:22 AM

Mar 2007
Well I just watched it aswell, was kinda dissapointed it were just the small versions still of naruto and the rest. Also there was alot less action then the previous 2 movies of naruto, and I actually liked that fighting so much.

I wouldn't say it was a bad movie, but nothing out the ordinairy was ok too watch it, only good part was indeed the Lee fight inside and Naruto on the beach, rest was not much.
Apr 30, 2007 7:16 PM

Feb 2007
Pretty much agree with what's been said so far. It wasn't spectacular, and it was a bit cliché (and very predictable); definitely not as good as the previous two movies. The fighting sequences weren't that bad, though I was hoping for more to happen... and for better, more interesting bad guys.
May 4, 2007 10:28 AM

Apr 2007
I just finished watching it. And thanks to this movie I'm starting to like Lee ^^
May 4, 2007 5:15 PM

Apr 2007
watched it 5 days ago. my opinions and thoughts:

if you're used to the filler episodes' low standard, it comes as no surprise that the movie is not good.
while you guys find it as "nothing spectacular", i find it as "just bad" or "unneeded".

no cool jutsus, no good fighting scenes, the movie itself is a 94 minutes cliché.
to my surprise i consider the best fight is rock lee's.

all that pinky swear deal made me detest the movie. the saber-tooth was cool though :)
May 6, 2007 3:58 PM

Mar 2007
i finally watched it. i guess i'm the only one who put "loved it" - i guess i expected all the cheesy crap that comes with watching a naruto movie :D but it had parts that made me giggle which i'm missing from shippuden :(
May 6, 2007 4:08 PM

Feb 2007
ReverseHarem said:
i finally watched it. i guess i'm the only one who put "loved it" - i guess i expected all the cheesy crap that comes with watching a naruto movie :D but it had parts that made me giggle which i'm missing from shippuden :(
I dunno, I thought the fight scenes weren't very interesting, and they didn't hold my interest as well as the ones from the other two movies. And the characters were a bit too one-dimensional (or y'know, typical?) for my liking :3 I haven't watched shippuden so I can't say how it compares to that XD

Sep 28, 2008 3:27 PM

Jan 2008
ReverseHarem said:

I agree. I didn't exactly love it though, but I did like the movie. Like you, I also expected everything that happened and so I actually did laugh at times. It was a pretty good movie and it highlighted Naruto's willingness in friends. Plus it was a bit nostalgic watching it after Shippuden xD

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 13, 2008 7:55 AM

Dec 2008
WORST MOVIE EVER
Jan 8, 2009 10:32 AM

Feb 2008
LOL!!! What kind of name is Shabadaba ??? :)))

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 25, 2009 6:26 AM

May 2008
imo, worst naruto movie, didn't bare to watch till the end
Mar 24, 2009 6:15 AM

May 2008
Grid3R said:
imo, worst naruto movie, didn't bare to watch till the end

at least its better than the fillers
Oct 30, 2009 10:14 PM

Feb 2009
Firs of, I found the movie very entertaining. You could consider the first half boring, but it actually build up decent characters. The story is one of friendship, cliche and unoriginal, but something you'd except, these kinds of movies weak spot is always the story.

The best of the Naruto movies IMO. Unlike most movies of this genre, I cared for the characters, both Hiraku and his father were well developed, the story was okay, and it had sweet action scenes.

Lol at the Naruto mass shadow clone pillow, that made laugh, so many narutos popping xD

Lee and Sakura fights were great, I loved the animation and the originality of the fights. And naruto's fight on the beach was defintely sweet.

I don't get how this movie is so low-ranked by most people, I honestly think it was the better of the 3, and most of the Naruto franchise side stuff I consider average or mediocre.
VeethornOct 30, 2009 10:22 PM
May 30, 2010 8:35 AM

May 2009
I don't understand why so many people hated this movie

I LOVED IT!
It was amazing, it almost made me cry at moments, and the fighting scenes were awesome, specially lee's fight and the part where Naruto moves the water with the Kyubi's chakra

My only complain is, why didn't the kill the father before? That kinda looked stupid, but the rest was awesome
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Feb 5, 2011 6:47 PM

Oct 2008
Rock Lee. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 28, 2011 6:40 AM

Aug 2010
Lol, Rock Lee hitting himself with the nunchuck made me lolspit my drink. xD

Movie was ok i guess, I forgot how awesome young Naruto was when he went into controllable fox mode.
Mar 21, 2011 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
Worst Naruto film yet. The fights were awesome, but everything else was awful beyond belief. The fights save it from being a one.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 2, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2009
Veethorn said:
Firs of, I found the movie very entertaining. You could consider the first half boring, but it actually build up decent characters. The story is one of friendship, cliche and unoriginal, but something you'd except, these kinds of movies weak spot is always the story.

The best of the Naruto movies IMO. Unlike most movies of this genre, I cared for the characters, both Hiraku and his father were well developed, the story was okay, and it had sweet action scenes.

Lol at the Naruto mass shadow clone pillow, that made laugh, so many narutos popping xD

Lee and Sakura fights were great, I loved the animation and the originality of the fights. And naruto's fight on the beach was defintely sweet.

I don't get how this movie is so low-ranked by most people, I honestly think it was the better of the 3, and most of the Naruto franchise side stuff I consider average or mediocre.

I pretty much second all of this, it's hard to believe anyone could consider this the worst of the three. First of all, it actually gave Sakura a pretty sweet fight scene which she just didn't have in the other two movies and, well, Rock Lee is just a scene stealer...period.

I actually bought into this story of the father and son way more than I did in any of the other movies/specials/filler that has come before it and the characters just felt more genuine. Kakashi sure did get shafted, though.

In any case, this get's a very solid 7/10 from me, the first noteworthy non-canon part of the Naruto franchise.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 4, 2011 12:47 PM
Sep 2010
it's not that spectacular, but still liked it!

sakura made herself useful this time, which is good.
lee is always awesome in his taijutsu.
naruto is always the loud mouth guy.
kakashi is always dashing! i was hoping to see more of his actions though, got disappointed.
the tiger is awesome!

story is very predictable but still decent to watch!
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jcyui&sclick=1">

~Yui~

black_faerie

Dec 4, 2011 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
Anitnelav said:
Rock Lee. :D

Nuff said.

Mar 10, 2012 11:17 AM

Oct 2010
so that was cheesy, the only thing i liked about it was how the animation was done in the fights, the fights them selves were rather poop
Jun 10, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 2012
It was a very good movie. And it was different from the others. I don't understand why people don't like it. It had good fights, the characters were well developed, Sakura had her personal fight, Korega died in a very tragic way and made the movie look more serious, Rock Lee was such a badass, I liked even the parts where it didn't have action. Only the part that Michiru didn't die was a little unrealistic but whatever. I enjoyed it very much 8/10 when I watched the second movie I was distracted almost all the time, but in this movie I didn't lose concentration at all :)
Albi-kunJun 10, 2013 7:34 PM
Jan 20, 2014 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
"Brat!? I'm 22 years old!"

Haha, loved that scene, that chick is awesome!

8/10 for the fighting scenes :)
PrOxAntoJan 20, 2014 3:07 PM
Aug 1, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
It's fine movie :)
6/10
Aug 15, 2014 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Epic
Rock Lee, Sakura, Naruto, everything. Epic. This was the best of all three movies in my opinion.
We get to see Sakura and the results of his training with Tsunade (all of that, still in pre-Shippuuden), we get to see Naruto fox mode AND we get to see Rock Lee WITHOUT HIS WEIGHTS? Oh, now that's awesome; you know that when he takes his weights shit gets serious *.* (Oh, and have I mentioned that Sakura looks super kawaii in that outfit?)
That was just epic. Enough said
removed-userAug 15, 2014 10:53 AM
Aug 28, 2014 6:39 AM
May 2012
I have watched this movie already back then, but I don't remember much from it. I only remember some scenes.
I prefer their character design in this movie more. It looks refreshing. Rock Lee looks less silly ahahaha. Sakura looks cute, a little mature, and sexy. Naruto and Kakashi had a haircut, too.
It was pretty rude of them to let them eat and sleep outside; while they are eating delicious foods and sleeping comfortably.
Fat dude is thinking using his money, that's why he can't understand shit. That's why his wife left him. Too bad, cause she is such a MILF :3
I am glad Hikaru is not the usual bratty kid we see in Naruto, but Naruto went far with him. At least, he said sorry and they all became friends. That was a nice scene. The one with them under the moon talking and the one with them and Hikaru's father doing pinky promise, too.
How can Kakashi let Korega die?? Also, that other dude. The water he controlled looks like piss water to me ahahaha.
Rock Lee using nunchuks without ankle weights = Super badass!! Just when I thought Sakura's opponent is pretty cute, her wig fell down ahahaha.
Nice teamwork at the end. Moon rasengan looks cool. Kyuubi Naruto looks awesome as always. He finally realize it at the end. His dad looked like a fine king.
Like some people here, I enjoyed this movie more than the other two.
It may be cheesy, but I like shits like that.
Well, that's it. Time to watch Naruto: Shippuuden again from the very start :3 I shall do some things first.

insan3soldiern said:
Veethorn said:

I pretty much second all of this, it's hard to believe anyone could consider this the worst of the three. First of all, it actually gave Sakura a pretty sweet fight scene which she just didn't have in the other two movies and, well, Rock Lee is just a scene stealer...period.

I actually bought into this story of the father and son way more than I did in any of the other movies/specials/filler that has come before it and the characters just felt more genuine. Kakashi sure did get shafted, though.

In any case, this get's a very solid 7/10 from me, the first noteworthy non-canon part of the Naruto franchise.

Totally agree.
It seems like they find this movie boring because the fights were not enough =_= I actually like this movie because of the lesson they learned. Crescent moon kingdom looks like a nice place to live in, too.
Edit: The song was nice~
TengaiAug 28, 2014 6:56 AM
Apr 14, 2015 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
This is my fav of the 3, I really enjoyed this!
Apr 15, 2015 9:24 PM
Apr 2015
Xowlreed said:
Epic
Rock Lee, Sakura, Naruto, everything. Epic. This was the best of all three movies in my opinion.
We get to see Sakura and the results of his training with Tsunade (all of that, still in pre-Shippuuden), we get to see Naruto fox mode AND we get to see Rock Lee WITHOUT HIS WEIGHTS? Oh, now that's awesome; you know that when he takes his weights shit gets serious *.* (Oh, and have I mentioned that Sakura looks super kawaii in that outfit?)
That was just epic. Enough said
Ichimaru201 said:
This is my fav of the 3, I really enjoyed this!

I agree with you guys.

I really enjoyed the drama in this movie and the lighting effects, it really gave a different feel to Naruto (the anime).

P.S. @Xowlreed 'We get to see Sakura and the results of HIS training' really... Lol.
(⇀‿‿↼) ( ͠°‿‿ °) ( ͡°‿‿ ͡°) (⍜‿‿⍜) (๏‿‿๏) (■‿‿■) ( ͡⎚‿‿ ͡⎚) (◕‿‿◕) (x‿‿x) (ᵔ‿‿ᵔ) ( ̄‿‿ ̄) (⪩‿‿⪨)
Jun 16, 2015 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
Naruto the Movie: The Legend of the Overused Pinky Swear

Why did they have to make Kakashi save Sakura's life multiple times when they were fighting the low level thugs at the beginning of the film? It's like they're trying so hard to make her appear weak.
Aug 29, 2015 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
All around it was okay, not great but I enjoyed it. Especially Lee kicking that one guys ass!
For some reason Lee's fights are always my favorite, he's so intense. Plus he is just as good as the others, using only Taijutsu.

Well that's all the Naruto movies, now on to the Shippuden movies. Don't ask why I'm watching all the Naruto movies, just felt like it. Haha
Feb 28, 2016 8:13 PM

Aug 2013
Better then the last movie, had some cool character moment's, and even though the villains where lame I still enjoyed this film overall.
Jun 18, 2016 9:38 PM
Jun 2016
I too cannot fathom how this could be the worst of the three Naruto movies. After re-watching both the second and first, it is undoubtedly the better of the two. I could divulge into why, but I don't think this thread gets many viewers so I'll just leave it at that.

By the way, is there an alerts system for when you're quoted or not, or something?
Feb 21, 2017 9:37 AM

Oct 2009
I was interested in this when I found out that Lee was in this and I ended up being hugely disappointed in this movie. This is basically a weak plot of a filler episode from the regular series but with better animation.

As much as this movie disappointed me, the scene with Lee with the nunchucks was pretty epic. They pretty much nailed his character and skill in that scene and I like the throwback to the Chuunin Exams.

I wish the creators could've expanded on the backstories or the characters of the not-so developed canon cast, instead of creating a new set of filler characters with their conflicts and insecurities. But I guess that would be expecting too much.
May 9, 2017 1:51 AM

Jan 2013
What can I say? It was nice but pretty average...

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 22, 2017 7:14 AM

Jun 2016
These movies are wack.
May 13, 2018 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
Okay who has any idea of who led the animation for the action scenes in this movie? There are way too many people listed as key animators and I am not adept enough to recognize different people's styles. I'm curious if it's the same person who made all the droopy lines in the Naruto vs. Pain fight.

Ansaksie said:
By the way, is there an alerts system for when you're quoted or not, or something?

You tell me, pal!
Aug 21, 2018 2:21 PM
Mar 2017
The moments when the child cried seemed like false XD
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 29, 2018 4:50 AM
Dec 2017
I don't understand the people saying this was boring or the worst one? I almost didn't finish Movie 2 cause it was boring, Movie 1 was pretty good, but this was by far the best one. It had interesting fights and I didn't find myself wanting to check twitter while I was watching it, which is a rarity.
Jan 7, 2020 8:59 AM

Mar 2019
From the 3 movies,this is the runner-up with clash in the land of snow being the best imo.I mean,yes,I hated the characters at the beginning,but they were made like this,so you can see their evolution( and it had Kakashi,so the grade must go up if u know what i mean)
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 26, 2020 8:02 PM
Jul 2020
I’m gonna be honest. I thought it was really boring. I could barely sit through it.
Feb 1, 2021 11:05 PM
Jun 2016
MrLegitimacy said:
Ansaksie said:

You tell me, pal!

There is indeed not. But thanks for the quote!
Feb 19, 2021 4:23 PM

Nov 2016
Just watched it, I prefer the first one, but this one was okay.

One good thing about these movies is that they have good animation, it's very sweet to see Naruto being well animated, in the anime this is pretty rare unfortunately.
Apr 15, 2021 2:09 AM
May 2019
I love this movie among all the three movie in part 1 their outfits were so cute and sakura wasnt helpless the jutsus introduced here are amazing and it could've been made into the anime giving this movie a 10!
Jun 11, 2021 4:11 AM

Feb 2021
The only thing good about these movies are that they have better animation. The story was mid. It was so predictable and cliché. Also Hikaru's VC didn't do a very good job according to me (No hate towards him/her though) I did like Kyuubi Naruto though. Also I expected Lee to atleast open one gate. Seeing him get a red face was underwhelming.

Jun 11, 2021 4:13 AM

Feb 2021
FireCrauter said:
The moments when the child cried seemed like false XD

Exactly lol. The VC didn't do a good job lol. Also Hikaru saying 'Papa' repeatedly felt the same as Sakura screaming 'Sasuke' all the time.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» English Dub

KidRyan - Sep 5, 2008

17 by Californiaa »»
Oct 24, 2022 6:33 PM

» Lee, Sakura and Naruto?

Lilly1x - Feb 9, 2009

1 by Evanna »»
Oct 4, 2009 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.