Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 23, 2014 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
I know they came up with the guillotine solution because they were panicked but, isn't Chifuyu's power the ability to create anything? Can't she just make an item that helps Andou control his power? Hell they could go with the generic magic bandages that wraps around the protags arm to supress their power thing.
Dec 23, 2014 6:36 PM

Sep 2013
@NicTac, Andou's power cannot be controlled or turned off by anything even Chifuyu's reality warping powers, that's why they cut his arm off and tossed it somewhere.

Kay_Lite said:
Anyway, the score will be 7.5 because of Tomoyo and Hatoko being tied for the best girl. :3

Fixed ;) how can you leave Hatoko out like that?
Dec 23, 2014 6:43 PM

Sep 2013
meh... glad it ended.
5/10.
trigger you should focus on ninja slayer.
Dec 23, 2014 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
That was good. Overall was a fun and enjoyable show.

Had my doubts after episode 1, and almost dropped it. Glad I didn't.

Definitely would give it an 8/10. Would enjoy watching a second season with a more developed plot.

Lol at all the kids rating the show anything from a 3-5. Literally just scroll through, find those kids, and click on their profile and view their top 5 favorites. The generic shit tastes shared by all of those kids proves that anything bad they have to say about this show is invalid.
Dec 23, 2014 11:14 PM

Dec 2011
NicTac said:
I know they came up with the guillotine solution because they were panicked but, isn't Chifuyu's power the ability to create anything? Can't she just make an item that helps Andou control his power? Hell they could go with the generic magic bandages that wraps around the protags arm to supress their power thing.

She can create anything if she knows what it is. If she doesn't know anything that can control Andou's power (which, having never had a situation in which to experiment in order to try to find it, she obviously doesn't) then she can't create such a thing.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 24, 2014 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
So much sequel bait ~_~

Oh well I enjoyed the show. The characters are very entertaining, though also a little chliche. Andou is a (not always so) typical Gary Stu but that's to be expected from a Harem.... that isn't labeled as such for some reason.
A lot of twists, some rather silly, some intriguing. Hatako snapping was great even with the little backstory we got BEFOR it happened. Overall 7/10. Really hope for a sequel.
Dec 24, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2008
Better than expected....

HOWEVER, just imagine how much better the show could've been if it had the same amount of story we saw in this episode.
Dec 24, 2014 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
Omg Sayumi is vicious, who the hell would think of chopping of a hand that easily?! It was a fun anime though.
Dec 24, 2014 1:09 AM
Oct 2014
Really enjoyed the show,, though so many things unanswered :(

Still very fun to watch... need season 2 so bad... 8/10
Dec 24, 2014 3:26 AM

Jan 2012
This episode was meh ..... I feel kind of let down to be honest. I expected them to provide more clarity into the whole "war" that was going on which only lightly got touched upon and left to rot until every time the author decided that NOW is the time to generate some excitement , and then leave it to rot again without mention.

Character development throughout the series was good , and the characters didn't feel like lifeless puppets.

The art was low budget , but they managed to make due with what was given to them.

Overall 5/10 This honestly needed more episodes to actually give a more solid conclusion to the series , but that isn't possible with the limited budget that they had. Honestly just a forgettable show that could have been better with a bigger budget.
Dec 24, 2014 7:51 AM

Mar 2013
Lame ending episode, ending scenes were cute and somewhat funny thats all
like the whole series, still no answer to what actully going on........
but i guess it is ok since it mostly a comedy,romance show.

2nd season will be a great idea,
6/10 for me, closer to 5.5.
Dec 24, 2014 7:55 AM

Jul 2014
Fun show to watch. Still don't get the whole fairy war thing but whatever, doesn't really matter anyway.

8/10, would definitely watch a 2nd season if there's any chance of one
Dec 24, 2014 10:34 AM

Jul 2009
Too much "nichijou" and not enough "Inou-battle"....very meh ending, no epic fights....ugh i really have no words for this, i just feel really disappointed with all this.
6/10. If there will be a season 2 , i will watch it, just hoping it will have more fights..and less bs harem
Dec 24, 2014 10:54 AM

Feb 2014
This anime tried to be everything and also failed at everything, too much genre but it didn't have any focus. Either because it was only 1 cour or the series source itself was suck.

So basically Dark of Dark of the End is the ability to cast Amaterasu flame on yourself, huh. XD Andou failed to use Uchiha's ability. XD
Dec 24, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
I always feel trolled whenever I get a ending like this, fun to watch but nothing really much else.

7/10
Dec 24, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
This was one of my favorites this season. I don't mind that there wasn't a "real battle" throughout the whole season. The comedy was great and it was enjoyable.
8/10

Dec 24, 2014 3:58 PM
Jul 2013
10/10
10/10
10/10
Dec 25, 2014 12:39 AM

May 2012
Personally i think this anime have the same "feels" like Seitokai No Ichozon. Except this anime have powers in it.

Not a bad anime so my rating is around 7/10-8/10.
Dec 25, 2014 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
The bitterness this time too, appropriates me.
I do not know why, today will be the logic of the market or the lack of paper material, but so short series, always leave unsatisfied at the end.
Anime who still has much, too much to tell, so far has not done is to introduce the characters and describe the interpersonal rapport, leave pending or almost the main plot.
Cute drawings, animation-style Trigger, characters fairly characterized.
Cute soundtrack as well as the opening and ending.
For now, since there is only one season, my vote is 6/10!
Dec 25, 2014 4:26 AM

Jul 2012
BEST HAREM EVER!!!
I liked how Jurai maintained the flags of the 5 heroines equally.
to those who disliked the series, i guess they have different tastes.. so i can't blame them
Dec 25, 2014 6:44 AM

Mar 2014
Now I want a season 2
Dec 25, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
7/10
Dec 25, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2011
Eh What about the Fariy War???

SEASON 2 PLEASE

Who was that girl with that Sagami in the ed credits??
Dec 25, 2014 5:10 PM

Jul 2010
MEH. The char. design was really good and Andou was quite enjoyable as MC but .. how they handled the Fairy War thing was just too bad.

#kudouandhatokobestgirls
Dec 26, 2014 12:21 AM

Apr 2014
A bit slow with my review, but eh. Better late than never.

When I first came into this anime after finding out the KLK team was behind it, I certainly wasn't expecting an over-the-top action show. Expectations would be too high if I did that. It definitely wasn't one, but saying it was your average slice of life would be a flat-out lie. Trigger really managed to deliver again with the humor, animations, and easter eggs throughout the show.

This episode ended on a satisfying note imo, with Mirei FINALLY getting more screentime. Girls admitted their feelings to each other about Andou, and his power is useless AND a liability. Yeesh. I really do wish they would've talked more about that "Fairy War" side plot, but that wouldn't really be the point of the show if they did. Still, if a second season does come in, I'd love to see more of that coming into play.

Looking forward to Trigger's next show!

9/10
Dec 26, 2014 12:37 AM

Dec 2012
It was a fine anime, but I excepted more. The episodes about the war gave the impression of a new goal with more actions, but nothing.
I liked this show but something is missing.
Dec 26, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2014
Oookay...

The plot wasn't the best. The most typically harem a typical harem could be. The story jumped back and forth and all over the place between romantic comedy light hearted episodes to serious fighting mysterious episodes and back again. The climax felt very forced and rushed, and short on top of that. If I had to rate this on story only it would be a 6/10.

Characters were pretty okay. Funny and they all had a decent moment or two of development. Good, but not anything fantastic. 7.5/10.

But I have to consider the presentation, which really kept me glued to the show. While presentation can be considered fully cosmetic compared the characters and plot, it plays a good roll when it comes to enjoyment. The voice acting was incredible, loved it to bits. The animation was fluid and very, very well done. Finally, the character design topped it off. Every episode I was gushing at the expressions and eyes of all the characters. All the girls were pretty, cute, sexy, all of the above. 10/10 for presentation.

I can admit my final score is quite biased to my love of animation and the wonder that is kawaii loli. While the story wasn't the best, every moment of every episode was crammed with constant eye candy.

Final rating: 8/10.
Dec 26, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhh, Andou... Your power really is terribly useless AND dangerous. On the other hand, it became useful in that unusual situation. I guess it does serve to some purpose, to some extand.

The guillotine part made my hand sweats. Damn, that's some hardcore resolution. Don't you still feel the pain, even if you've been healed? It must stay in your nerves, the sensation... shivers
But Sayumi sure have some quick wit, to elaborate a saving plan that fast and twisted.

In the end, Tomoyo will win, I'll be satisfied and you'll cry in a corner muhahaha. Seriously though, that guy knows how to manage his harem and keep the status quo. Who knows, it may even end with an harem ending! Though I hope not
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 26, 2014 10:04 PM

Feb 2012
Waste of time but its okay. 6/10
Dec 27, 2014 1:04 AM

Feb 2014
The series was alright. I loved that they put Mako, Shinji his dad and his mom all in one episode earlier in the series. That made me giggle. Was kind of hoping for a bit more character development but it's a harem based off a light novel so I can't really expect too much out of despite Trigger being the one to make it.
Dec 27, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
"I don't believe that powers should be used to hurt others!" Therefore, my battle plan is to have my ability stolen so the other person cannot stop the pain/put out the fire, risking Mirai's body in the process. But it's all okay, we have Sayumi and her literal Status Quo power! Well done Andou. So, 12 episodes and all we had was that every girl admitted what was painfully obvious since episode 1. Fantastic. Very weak ending episode. 2/5.

This was definitely Trigger's worst work as of date, neither the writer nor the director seemed to have a grasp on whether they wanted something funny, serious or an amalgam of the two, ending up with an awkward mix that doesn't hit the spot on either end. Episode 11 highlighted how mediocre the show was, with the generic setup of Andou being oblivious to both Hatoko and Tomoyo, but while he disregarded every flag Hatoko was trying to set up, he was planting his own with Tomoyo every step (with no intent, but Tomoyo needs to win as we all know already). And the status quo remained, weak writing. Not that there would be much tension anyway with the narrative having already established clearly that Andou will end up with Tomoyo. Episode 2, 4 and 10 were pretty nice, Hayami Saori's performance in episode 7 was absolutely fantastic, and the animation made for some really funny moments. Otherwise a mediocre, uninspired, forgettable show. 5/10.
Mogami-kunDec 27, 2014 11:24 AM
Dec 27, 2014 3:16 PM
Aug 2012
this series made me feel so uneasy towards the end i was expecting someone to die or something which would have sucked and made the show anoying mostly because the good points of the show was how diffrently super powers where portrayed and the happy /funny live of a chuunibyou but the evil war with merciless killing seemed rather ridiculously out of place i kinda hope that they dont go into the war in the next series if there is one i just want more humour and gd times the people in the litreture club may not even respawn after death and not to mention how could u kill ur own sister and destroy her memories even in a game u wld have to be seriously messed up
Dec 27, 2014 3:19 PM
Aug 2012
the chuunibyou and light episodes where great the underlying darkness in this show is irritating and pointless it just makes moments that should be happy like the fireworks seem foreboding or forshadowing which is not what u want when the show is meant to be a happy one
Dec 27, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2010
Even though it was generic in many aspects, i still enjoyed it for some reason.I liked really characters and their relations.If there was something that was bothering me, it was big amount of random comedy moments compared to actual plot, but anyway.It was a nice watch and I'm pretty sure i would watch and enjoy S2.

7/10
Dec 28, 2014 7:49 AM

Mar 2012
This anime is becoming boring if Super Power stuff has been forgotten.

5/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 29, 2014 8:42 AM

Mar 2012
Would have rated it a 7 was it not for worst girl getting so much focus.

6/10

Dec 29, 2014 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
It's not a great anime with good plot..
If you're looking for something like more romance or harem then maybe it's not a good one.
I kinda enjoyed the series overall, it's a not bad anime to kill time though.
Season 2 will be appreciated, looking forward to more characters and relationships development.

7/10
Dec 29, 2014 2:31 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
SHAAAAAAAAAAPE...
... SHIFTEEEEERR!!

*ahem*

It wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, we didn't get much plot apart from in the beginning, the middle, and in the end - as always. If you'd put a serious spin on this whole thing, it would've been much more interesting, I think.

I did laugh a a few times though, so it wasn't all bad. Animation quality seemed to drop once in a while but not every anime can be UBW, right?

A generous 7; could've been better.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 30, 2014 11:52 AM
Jun 2012
5/10 dont watch until season 2 incoming... advice
Dec 30, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2010
Most people seem to have missed what this anime/novel was supposed to be, they expected some sorta action packed supernatural battle shounen with a title like "When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace".
Dec 31, 2014 4:03 AM

May 2013
Welp, 7/10 and Tomoyo best girl for me.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 1, 2015 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
OMG! I really like that anime and I really think taht tomoyo and Andou are perfect together. I't bad that there is only 12 episodes because that's one of my favourite anime and I really want a second season ~.~
Jan 1, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
I don't get how people are saying Andou Jurai's power is OP. It inflicts pain on the user and with his battle with Mirai he just used his power in a effective way. Its more intellect than his unique ability. Am thinking there's still more to Jurai's power and when they do make a new season hopefully they will show More action with jurai leading a group of actual OP female characters.
Overall I found the Anime really interesting 7/10

P.S. Hatoko going beserk at Jurai was the best thing ever. Get feels every time I watch that scene
Jan 1, 2015 6:23 PM

Jun 2013
Not much to say about this show. It tried to be too many things at the same time and ended up being overall mediocre at all of them at best. And I don't think extending it beyond 12 episodes would have helped either.

Still, it had some good moments.

6/10.
Jan 1, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2015
Amai_Inu said:
OMG! I really like that anime and I really think taht tomoyo and Andou are perfect together. I't bad that there is only 12 episodes because that's one of my favourite anime and I really want a second season ~.~

You're not a spambot, are you?
Jan 1, 2015 9:32 PM
Jul 2014
Anime was alright. Nothing compared to Gurren Lagann or KILL la KILL. A good 7/10 or 8/10 at best. Can't have the anime end like this, Season 2 is a must!
Jan 2, 2015 4:07 AM
Mar 2012
Enjoyed the chunni dialogue, 'serious' speeches. One of few harems where characters are mostly very likeable and just fun to watch. Glad how trying to stay nichijou is the focus, not another generic magic-harem-battle shounen. Feels more like a pause than an end (concerning Luci-First's hasty group intro), maybe LN has more for s2?
Jan 2, 2015 5:21 AM

Aug 2012
Actually enjoyed it more than i thought. 7/10 for me. Rooting for Tomoyo btw.
Jan 3, 2015 1:26 AM
Oct 2013
Pretty good series, I wish there's more episode for battle though
8/10
Jan 3, 2015 7:09 AM

Jul 2014
Good show, enjoyed it all the way to the end. Best part of the show are those embarrassing lines they keep spouting.

Need 2nd season, or need LN translation.
How do I signature?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

144 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 29, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.