Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2008 4:29 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That bastard Fuyuki, getting to sleep with the Minami sisters like that.

Anyways, it was an ok episode. I only laughed like once. Although I liked what Chiaki did to get Fuyuki to open up like that.
Feb 12, 2008 4:59 PM

Jan 2008
I liked it, mainly because it was snowing out as I watched. It was a very slice of life episode, not much comedy in comparison to others. Also, as I have mentioned in my other posts of this series, its always nice just to see the Minami sisters for the majority of the episode rather than their boring friends (excluding Hosaka and the Minami brothers who have yet to be seen in Okawari). But, why was Chiaki wearing a skirt while out playing in the snow, not a very smart move.
Feb 12, 2008 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
maxcherry715 said:
I liked it, mainly because it was snowing out as I watched.

It was snowing here too :3 You must live somewhere on the east coast =P

But anyway, it was nice to see Chiaki kind of look out for someone else.
Feb 12, 2008 11:39 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm lucky i dont have much expectation of this episode... well at least i knew it was slice of life based . Too bad the anime didn't let us see another 'Chiaki Teruteru bozu' , that would be a win. XD
Dj_FrogFeb 13, 2008 2:01 AM
Feb 13, 2008 12:17 AM

Jun 2007
it kind of seems like Chiaki has a crush on Fuyuki the way shes alwase paying attention to the things he does and trying to get him to brake out of his shell, but then again it could just be me.
Feb 13, 2008 1:42 AM

Sep 2007
Someone mention - in another post - that this was more slice-of-life, then comedy now. At first I was too pissed off with all the changes to really think about that. But this really has changed into a more serious anime then the first. With this realization, I think that I can start to enjoy it in itself - I gave it a o.k. - instead of grading it against 1st season.

Yet I still think they should have introduced the serious aspect of it a little more gradually. Then in addressing the hair color change - It could have been written off as a bet that was lost. Simple things like that is what usually get fans up in arms. Changes that seem to have no background or basis - They just feel bizarre. Especially when the 1st season was held in such high regard.

As a fan you come to know and love these characters; they feel familiar. So change is very hard. I know that a lot of anime are considered slice-of-life like; but to be considered that for me #1 - NO weired hair colors; and characters have to change clothes frequently. Simple yet so complicated. The hair changes threw me! I couldn't even pay attention to the show; I had to re-watch it.

And while I think that I will enjoy watching Fuyuki play the tsukkomi to the Minami sisters (mainly Kana and Chiaki) boke; I was also looking forward to seeing more of an interaction with the other Minami family. I guess we we can only hope for more in the future.
Feb 13, 2008 6:20 AM

Sep 2007
Ohoho, seems like Chiaki is in love x3
I didn't really like this episode, maybe because of the lack of Hosaka screentime xD

Feb 13, 2008 6:32 AM

Feb 2008
Ethereal_Chime said:
Someone mention - in another post - that this was more slice-of-life, then comedy now. At first I was too pissed off with all the changes to really think about that. But this really has changed into a more serious anime then the first. With this realization, I think that I can start to enjoy it in itself - I gave it a o.k. - instead of grading it against 1st season.

Yet I still think they should have introduced the serious aspect of it a little more gradually. Then in addressing the hair color change - It could have been written off as a bet that was lost. Simple things like that is what usually get fans up in arms. Changes that seem to have no background or basis - They just feel bizarre. Especially when the 1st season was held in such high regard.

As a fan you come to know and love these characters; they feel familiar. So change is very hard. I know that a lot of anime are considered slice-of-life like; but to be considered that for me #1 - NO weired hair colors; and characters have to change clothes frequently. Simple yet so complicated. The hair changes threw me! I couldn't even pay attention to the show; I had to re-watch it.

And while I think that I will enjoy watching Fuyuki play the tsukkomi to the Minami sisters (mainly Kana and Chiaki) boke; I was also looking forward to seeing more of an interaction with the other Minami family. I guess we we can only hope for more in the future.

You've encompassed the content of season two on the head. I do feel the humour is still there, but the timing is just a tad askew, on a more mature level. If viewers had never seen season one would the complaints be the same?

More Minami bros. is something I am waiting for as well. Canna get enough of them or Hosaka, who was AWOL in this episode. What's up with that? Ah, I suppose he can't be in every one of them.
Feb 13, 2008 6:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
An okay episode, Chiaki was the only highlight as always.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 13, 2008 8:49 AM

Sep 2007
At least i didnt get bored with this episode, so i guess it was an okay episode, but for some unknown reasons i cant stand Fuyuki ;/
Feb 13, 2008 8:19 PM

Jun 2007
Ethereal_Chime said:

You referring to my post in ep 4 thread? http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=12191#msg460268

But ya I think its apparent now, the show seems to be going for the serious slice of life type setting with a dash of comedy. Makes sense in a way though; why would anyone want the same show to be remade the same exact way? It would be pointless to make a new series if that was the case. They could just continue the original.
Feb 14, 2008 4:39 AM

May 2007
I liked this episode more than the other ones in Okawari so far. I've been trying to separate it in my mind from the first season, but it still isn't appealling to me as much.

I did find myself smiling while Chiaki and Fuyuki were having that lame-ass snowball fight where they kept on missing each other ( which is basically how most of the snowball fights in my life have been like ^.^ ). It was a nice little scene.

If it keeps on going on this vein, it might end up halfway decent. =) ...I do miss the Minami boys though!!
Feb 14, 2008 9:48 AM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed the episode, was particularly fond of the animation this time. The lighting and shading were awesome and I didn't notice any "black face" people. Hope the new studio keeps it up like this some how. Wasn't really fond of the story but it wasn't terrible either.
Feb 16, 2008 8:17 AM
Oct 2007
Boring episode for me, the 5 was really good but this one just made me lose my time...
Mar 12, 2008 11:12 AM

Oct 2007
it was boring to me. i felt like it was just really slow paced, and nothing really even happened. if i hadnt watched the first season, i'd probably would have given up on this season by now. at this point i'm only watching it because i liked the first season so much. lol.
Jul 17, 2008 12:56 PM

Nov 2007
I wish I was Fuyuji there. Cute episode.
Nov 28, 2008 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
A very slow an uneventful episode. Not any good comedy. Not feeling the series so far.
Sep 14, 2009 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
Fuck the haters, I love Minami-ke. Seriously though, I enjoyed this episode and the season, so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 19, 2009 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
This one of the better episodes of this season, but still I don't get Fuyuki.

What's with him? Chiaki tried to help him and still he acts strange.
May 30, 2010 12:30 PM

Feb 2010
The last scene in the blackout was really weird. Fuyuki sleeping in the middle of the three Minamis. What the heck?
Sep 29, 2010 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
That Fayuki is starting to get on my nerves
Apr 3, 2011 4:36 PM

Mar 2009
Nice episode.
Jan 18, 2013 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
I actually liked this, character development is always a good thing. The way Chiaki is acting towards Fuyuki is strange but makes sense, it even helped Fuyuki change a little bit. He's seriously getting on my nerves.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 11, 2013 1:45 PM

May 2012
Meh these episode aren't getting good, the first season had some more random, I wish that came back!
May 7, 2017 11:33 AM

Dec 2014
fuyuki is one of those conservative kids..... hmmm
Aug 8, 2017 1:09 AM

Oct 2012
Chiaki is way too smart for a kid!

Fuyuki is getting his temporary harem! Moreover he got the chance to sleep with them!
I'm so jealous xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 17, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2011
I came to this series for laughs, not bad drama.
Aug 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Jan 2010
It might be the nature of Okawari taking place primarily during the winter, but this season has been pretty melancholic overall. This episode, in particular, was rather slow and quiet, focusing more on the city, the snow, and the small moments in the Minami household, as opposed to the high energy hijinks this show usually has. In that regard, this episode was the most slice of life-ish the show has been thus far. It's just about the three Minami sisters and how they managed to weather through a snow-induced blackout. It was a pleasant, quiet episode with nothing in particular happening.
Apr 5, 2023 9:47 AM
Aug 2021
Fuyuki is a really nice addition to this show. The conflict between Chiaki and Fuyuki is really interesting. it is rather unexpected that such comedy show could also handle such topic nicely.
Season 1 made me laughed my a×× off, while season 2 so far seems to be exploring with something new. Overall, despite the quirky artstyle, subpar op/ed, season 2 is pretty fine, but really different.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 6, 2008

98 by mikcase »»
Jan 16, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - Mar 31, 2008

85 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 23, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 11, 2008

35 by Cabbage_Cat »»
May 22, 2023 11:25 AM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Mar 4, 2008

54 by ugly-edge »»
Apr 12, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Minami-ke ~Okawari~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

playconn - Feb 5, 2008

54 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Apr 5, 2023 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.