Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Nov 20, 2009 12:00 PM

I think you started watching second season of Darker than Black, right?
Did you see a difference between Hei in season 1 and 2? Where he was better?

I love Hei from season 1. In 2 he is not the same good Hei. I sometimes think that he is a completely different person.

What about your opinions?

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm not good at English ^^"
Modified by 4b1, Nov 20, 2009 12:06 PM

Nov 20, 2009 12:11 PM

I think your English is awesome!

I must say, I prefer Hei from season one. Heibo creeps the hell out of me with that long hair and unshaved. Damn, that guy looks like some homeless dude. I mean, okay, depressed or not, but that's no reason.
Not to talk about his terrible purplecoloured jacket. That thing is so NOTHING compared to the badass ubercool coat he wore in the first season.

...So much to the exterior. But also, just like already said, he seemed like a different person. Even now, after 7 episodes Hei still is not Hei. He feels so different to me, almost as if he's just a different person.
I like how he starts being normal again, I mean, eating a lot and so on. I'd love to him like that again. I think it was rather hilarious in the first season.

And... is it just me, or did his voice change, too? Dunno, that's probably just fangirl imagination, but the voice actor kinda speaks differently. Hei used to have a smooth voice but... I dunno, probably I haven't heard him talk much, that is.

Overall, the second season let Hei drop a tiny little bit on my fav list (in my mind). I still love him, of course, but... he kinda disappointed me in season 2.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Nov 20, 2009 12:12 PM

I like him better in season 1 as well, I don't like his long hair (sorry) and I understand that it part of the story that he is depressed, but Im sure he is going to get better right?
I would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not eat them in a house.
I will not eat them with a mouse.
I will not eat them here or there.
I will not eat them anywhere.
I do not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
-Dr. Seuss
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 12:13 PM

Miss_Brightside said:
I like him better in season 1 as well, I don't like his long hair (sorry) and I understand that it part of the story that he is depressed, but Im sure he is going to get better right?

At least I hope he will get better and the old Hei again. But then again, there are just a few eps left, right?
-sighs- I don't know what to think.

Nov 20, 2009 12:15 PM

Farethy said:
Miss_Brightside said:

At least I hope he will get better and the old Hei again. But then again, there are just a few eps left, right?
-sighs- I don't know what to think.

I was thinking the same thing about his voice!!!! Maybe the voice actor just made it different idk, I guess I will look it up. Also what's with losing his powers? I think it make the show more boring!
-Dr. Seuss
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 12:19 PM

Oh well, seems like I wasn't just imagining things. I used to love Hei's voice so much that I drooled just when i heard him talking, without really seeing him. But now?
I guess the voice actor wanted to make it fit to Hei's situation.

And yes! Agreed! It sucks so much that Hei lost his powers. It kinda took a part of the action. Still, the fights are awesome. At least Hei didn't lose his fighting skills.

Nov 20, 2009 12:29 PM

He was oh so dreamy, aww well maybe after yin comes back he will be better. Yeah but not as good as I remember,
-Dr. Seuss
Albert Einstein
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 12:33 PM

Yeah, sure, after Yin comes back ♥
I hope he will. I mean... duh. That's no Hei right now. That's just some odd guy who pretends to be Hei with slight, little traits of the old Hei.

Nov 20, 2009 12:39 PM

He is the new Hei, First li then Hei and now some annoying depressed guy.
-Dr. Seuss
Albert Einstein
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 12:42 PM

The new Hei?
Good God.
If you're right, then he won't change. I still love Hei utmost. Even after the second season. I'm one loyal fangirl. But I'd still stick to DtB1 Hei than to Heibo. Definitely.

Nov 20, 2009 12:47 PM

Hei from season 1~ ♥

he really is like a completely different person now (and it's probabely because what happend to Yin, but still), he's mean to Suou and not as cool as in the first season. :<
but I still love him of course, and I'm sad that he's going through a hard time because of whatever has happened to Yin.

Yin, come back! :<

Nov 20, 2009 12:51 PM

But now Yin's like almost back again? ; w;
Can't Hei at least cut his hair? I'd be happy with just that.
Oh and about him being mean to Suou. Pfft. Not that I'm pro slapping children, but she kinda deserved it. I don't like her anyway, but that's not about Suou here.

I want a waiter Hei. Now. ♥

Nov 20, 2009 12:53 PM

I KNOW YIN COME BACK!!!

See I am really worried that hei will not go back to the one we love! We want Hei.
-Dr. Seuss
Albert Einstein
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 12:58 PM

Yin ; w;

GOD. You heard already what kind of things some guys say? That Hei might die at the end of season 2. They have those theories and all.
OMG. Catastrophy.

But from terribly bad news, to better ones. I'm looking forward to the OVAs. Man. Some more Hei, some more Yin. ♥

Nov 20, 2009 1:05 PM

I wish i had my own personal waiter hei as well!!!

WHAT he might die?? After all that work in season 1?? ugh

OOOO MORE OVAS!!! I LOOOOOOVE the 1 ova they have now, Have we have seen hei with no shirt on?
-Dr. Seuss
Albert Einstein
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 1:18 PM

Well, duh. I don't think he will. I don't hope he will. That would suck so hard that I'd almost consider forgetting there even was a second season of Darker than Black. But then again, it's DtB we're talking here about. I probably couldn't forget.
Ah, what the hell. He isn't going to die and basta!
-encouraging herself-

Oh yeah, you already seen screens of the new OVAs from Ryuusei no Gemini? It looks awesome! They'll be released somewhen in January, right? ♥

Nov 20, 2009 1:28 PM

No are they out? Maybe they will give him more character in the new Ova's......January ugh that seems so far a way!! And I can't find episode 7 of the second season!
-Dr. Seuss
Albert Einstein
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 1:59 PM

Whut, you can't?
Episode 7
There you are. As a torrent, though. Dunno if it helps.

Well, in the OVAs, he's going to be good ol' Hei, since it's taking place between the first and the second season. Meaning, you'll see probably as well, what happened to Yin and bla bla bla. Looking forward to it and Hei.

Nov 20, 2009 3:23 PM

YAY!! can't wait for the new Ova's then!!
-Dr. Seuss
Albert Einstein
Mitch Hedberg

Nov 20, 2009 4:40 PM

At first I was like "Oh, Hei what happend to you? How do you look?" xD He looks like a homeless person to me.

Well, I can't say much about Hei yet, just watched 4 episodes. I didn't read the posts here (sry), but I'm fearing spoilers ^^" xD

Nov 21, 2009 3:10 AM

Please use spoilers ok? ^^ Some people *like me* maybe didn't watch new episodes from 2 season and don't want to read spoilers xP

Nov 21, 2009 3:17 AM

And about Hei - Will he cut his hair? T.T I don't like his long hair, his voice, he looks really bad and his personality is completely different from season 1. I want his true self to come back ToT

Nov 21, 2009 6:15 AM

4b1 said:
And about Hei - Will he cut his hair? T.T I don't like his long hair, his voice, he looks really bad and his personality is completely different from season 1. I want his true self to come back ToT

Totally agree with you. I hope he cuts his hair again, and uses a razor >_> but its not just the looks of his what I dont like, his personality changed really a lot. I'm really interested what happend to him

Oh yeah, he reminds me of the comic book guy from the Simpsons xDDDDD

Nov 21, 2009 11:02 AM

I can't stand Hei right now, and now that's he's lost his powers... he better get them back. I blame the Russian loli for all this. If they had kept along the lines of the old DTB and didn't add a bunch of flat characters I don't think we'd have this problem.

Nov 22, 2009 7:28 AM
well I like Hei in the first season..His look was fresh and cute...But now I don't agree with his long hair and bear...I just can't stand him! I know, I know...it's suposed to be to be this after the loss of Yin...but...No way!

Dec 9, 2009 11:01 AM

I agree that Hei doesn't look good in long hair but the beard is fine for me so please don't use razor :P and make yourself some nice facial hair Hei.
Modified by Madderdin, Dec 9, 2009 2:58 PM

Apr 18, 2010 10:20 PM

Farethy said:
I mean... duh. That's no Hei right now. That's just some odd guy who pretends to be Hei with slight, little traits of the old Hei.

Apr 19, 2010 1:56 PM
Really I prefer Hei in season 1, I'm ok with him having long hair, but when he shows his stubble it looks really creepy and it's not the same Hei I like anymore and in season 2 he's lost the charm he had in season 1, but still he totally kicks ass.