Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2008 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, a happy ending! Though it felt a litle hasted.
It felt really confuing last episode, since it was so hasted.
The ending was really cliché-ish (?) but after all, happy endings aren't thet common in animé so I won't complain.
Now then, on to the OVA!
Mar 15, 2008 12:10 AM

Feb 2008
i liked it, but i really wish he'd stop calling her sensei when they're alone. that and the height/age difference make it harder not to think of her as a pedophile.
Mar 15, 2008 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
yeah same here, also in the english DUB, where he calls her mam.. it gets weird after a while
Jun 29, 2008 5:21 PM

Feb 2008
it was o.k for me
i liked 13 better
im just happy kei rememberd

Dec 9, 2008 7:23 PM

Dec 2008
I was a little confused.

I'm a little annoyed about the restart button thing, but I'm glad that Kei remembered Mizuho.

I thought Kei and Mizuho made a cute couple and it was lovely to see their relationship bloom.
Jan 17, 2009 11:27 PM
Nov 2008
How the hell does a dork like Kei become such a lucky bastard! Anyways... I still thought it was great! I only wish I got abducted by hot alien women!
Aug 14, 2009 12:37 AM

Jun 2009
This anime entertained me from start to finish, don't think i disliked a single episode! Good ending, agree with some others that it was a little rushed, and slightly confusing (though i understood it fine) i watched the eng dub which wasnt half bad, and i usually hate eng dubs, but yes.. that "ma'am" thing was annoying lol. If you think about it hard you can find some things that don't make sense, but i'm not that type of person lol. Giving this one a 9/10, onto the OVA!
Oct 7, 2009 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
hahas .. Kei is really cute for acting as if he forgot in class xD

Oct 9, 2009 12:43 AM

Dec 2008
at least a nice ending episode
I thought the whole show was better but there were some flaws in this anime.
I really disliked some episodes from the second half.
At some points I couldn't understand the things Kei did or said.

5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2009 10:59 AM

Oct 2009
One of my favorite epispode
but the season a bit confusing
I STILL LOVE IT!
Feb 21, 2010 9:58 PM

Sep 2008
Unexpectedly awesome anime. This time I REALLY didn't see that coming.
Feb 23, 2010 1:15 PM
Dec 2009
I liked this anime, didn't see that kind of ending. Well, off to the OVA.
I didnt like the reset button either.

Why is there a preview at the end of the episode, like that guy flying his human plane? Is there another episode?
Bertorb28Feb 23, 2010 1:56 PM
May 17, 2010 2:56 PM
Mar 2008
I would have preferred a Kei x Morino ending, their relationship looked more natural to me.
And he's still calling her sensei. Meh.
Aug 12, 2010 1:57 AM

Jul 2009
Funny, awesome, confusing, and happy from beginning to end.
It all made sense after Mizuho said that it was 1 year after his standstill

Also seems like Koishi is hooking up with Yamada (YA-MADA) lol`

Hilarious at beginning of ep t00

((((***P.S.***))))
I gotta say it, but Kei was a complete wimp and everything that Maho said about him is true (when she waz a hater).
Sep 29, 2010 6:05 AM

Nov 2008
This series had some confusing moments. I don't like the relationships with older women, but this was ok.
Mar 21, 2011 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
draker said:
I would have preferred a Kei x Morino ending, their relationship looked more natural to me.
And he's still calling her sensei. Meh.
Even the show as is was enjoyable, the fact that he still calls her sensei makes their relation feel wierd.
huh?
Jul 20, 2011 6:24 PM
Jul 2010
Series was ok. There were episodes I liked and disliked, though I didn't love or hate any of them. 5/10 for the series.

As far as the relationships go, I liked Kei x Mizuho (I thought it was sweet at the end, and the "ma'am thing" never really bothered me), yet Yamada x Herikawa really irked me. Loved Hyosuke x Kaede though.
Aug 16, 2011 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
Why can't I have a hot alien babe fall for me?
Oct 22, 2011 12:30 PM

Sep 2008
I really didn't expect much when I started this series. But now when I've finished it, it was great imo. I kind of wish it was longer though.
Jan 10, 2012 8:19 PM

Oct 2011
IT WAS GREAT!!!
Jan 15, 2012 7:00 PM

Jun 2011
Fabienne said:
at least a nice ending episode
I thought the whole show was better but there were some flaws in this anime.
I really disliked some episodes from the second half.
At some points I couldn't understand the things Kei did or said.

same for me
Jan 18, 2012 3:19 PM

Dec 2007
MAL scores has trolled me. =_=
Jan 22, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
Meh it was alright. I thought it was somewhat of a fun watch. xD
Feb 2, 2012 5:08 PM

Dec 2011
Well, a happy ending. Im glad.
Mar 8, 2012 6:30 PM

Jul 2010
Well, I enjoyed the series overall but there were some things I didn't like. For one thing I didn't like some of the decisions Kei made particuarly the ones about Ichigo and Herikawa also I hated that he always called Mizuho sensei instead of her real name even in private. Also while I liked the ending I hate that everyone forgot Mizuho, it seemed pointless to me that the would erase everyones memories but Kei just remembered her instantly.

Overall I give the show a 7/10, it could have been an 8 or even a 9 if all the problems above were adressed.
Mar 31, 2012 7:54 AM
Nov 2011
Series was too short, and too rushed. To be honest, they should have done a second season and not had kei's memory come back right away, that just seemed like such a cop out to me
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 6, 2012 4:05 AM

Jun 2011
^ Yeah, it did feel kinda rushed. And the way Kei kept calling her ma'am even after they did the deed was pretty annoying and awkward.

Not a bad series; 7/10 from me.
Apr 26, 2012 6:25 PM

Feb 2012
draker said:

I really wish Onegai Teacher had been a VN. At least then I could've taken the Ichigo route and pretended the story was actually worth it.
May 30, 2012 7:02 AM

Apr 2012
I liked it, though him calling her "sensei" the whole time, annoyed me too.

KenShiRo-Sama said:
This series had some confusing moments. I don't like the relationships with older women, but this was ok.
I'm not really sure if her age gets mentioned or not, but she can't be THAT much older, can she?
Aug 4, 2012 7:12 AM
Apr 2011
Too many complaints..there's so many critics these days that I think can't even recognize a decent show when they see one.

I truly enjoyed this series, a whole lot more than some of the nonsense that's airing today, and you have to admit that being able to enjoy a show made ten years ago gives it a little more credentials than not.

I love kei, I loved the sensei...i loved the story, to me this was a great watch and that's all I ask for in an anime, a great watch. 10/10 for me. This is the definition of a classic.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Nov 2, 2012 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
this show perfect 10/10 the rise and downfall and rise again beautiful especially the OVA definitely going down in history as a great romance

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2012 9:17 PM

Nov 2010
yogotah said:
Too many complaints..there's so many critics these days that I think can't even recognize a decent show when they see one.
That means that they don't think that it's a decent show, opinions, who knew.

Watched it, overall not a great show, but not horrible. Kei was a bad main character who had his priorities wrong the whole show, and it tried too hard to be mature. If Kei was a better character, the art was better, and the characters were better then I could have given it a better score.

4/10
Jan 28, 2013 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
^

First of all, the anime was aired 10 years ago so what do you expect of its art? And Kei was bad because he's not cool and looks pathetic? Well the story goes that way. For me he was great, yea he was childish at first but as the show goes on he became very mature.

When I first watch this anime way back in 2006, I thought it was an ecchi anime with "boing" here and there but it's not, it's a wonderful love story. It keeps me craving for more every time I watch it. That was 2006 and I'm second year high school back then. I just finished watching it again. After 6 years the feeling is the same. The truth is I appreciate and loved the anime more so I gave it a 9. It's not your typical "Sudden Girlfriend Appearance" anime.

@IntroverTurtle, For someone who rate it 4 but rate Green Green 7. >.>
Apr 12, 2013 12:08 PM
Jan 2013
CHOCK FULL OF SPOILERS!

I just finished watching this anime and I really enjoyed it. While watching all 12 TV episodes, I did not find my self in any way wishing I was doing something else. The story was constantly moving forward with very little filler that didn't contribute something valuable to the story line.

The animation was early 2000's, so I was not too disappointed by that. I am more interested in the story, which to me pushed all the right buttons at the right rate to keep me engaged the whole time.

I thought the sci-fi element helped the story along by adding unusual plot devices to make things more interesting. The romance was just right, giving me some moments where I was moved to tears due to the sincerity of the characters and bringing real-life emotions from a relationship, like jealousy, insecurity, etc... that were not completely outlandish. Koishi's one-sided love for Kei really hit me hard during her confession at the train station as well as how she handled the rejection. If Kei did not meet Mizuho at the lake, would he have accepted her feelings? The relationship between Hyosuke and Kaede provided a nice contract between Kei and Mizuho.

Ichigo's plot was something I did not expect. Kei's desire to help out a fellow sufferer of the standstilll syndrome allowed him to relate to her, but instead of helping her find another way to cope with her issues, he decided to turn his whole world upside down instead. I just can't imagine sacrificing my own or my loved ones happiness for others. It reminds me of Little Busters where Futaki said that happiness is a zero-sum game where when someone is made happy, someone becomes sad at the same time. Kei doesn't want to hurt anybody, but you learn to understand that you can not make everyone happy. He realizes that the most important person to him became unhappy in his selfish desire to make Ichigo happy, and almost wrecked multiple people at the same time.

The part while Kei was in his final standstill and how Mizuho was able to enter his mind and help him find a reason to come back was Key-esqe in its execution. I also found it interesting at the end that the whole reason why Kei had his disease was due to the fact that his big sister<?> committed suicide because she was fighting some mental illness of her own like depression and when she felt like she was happy, she was going to exit on a high note instead of riding that emotional rollercoaster. Since Kei witnessed her suicide, he withdrew internally, entering the zen like monk state that slowed his bodily functions to essential suspended animation to protect himself from the sadness we all encounter in our lives. It was sad to see him say goodbye to his sister as he decided to give up on the past and live in the present.

Regarding the ending after the memory wipe, his feelings of love and loss for her would always be there in his heart, even though the memories of her personally (her face, voice, etc...) would be missing. The Pocky box was important to keeping those memories on the surface. If she had not given him the Pocky box before she left, Kei would have probably forgotten all about her over time since there was no other evidence left of Mizuho's existence to hold on to. Once he saw her face, the memories were unlocked. It was pretty sly of Kei to pretend not to know her, but I think he wanted to really know how she felt after being apart for so long since it was tough for her to really be honest with her feelings with him, and the emotional impact when he asked her about her observer position and how she talked like nothing was wrong was emotional gold. Loved it, along with the video montage afterwards of the real wedding, etc...

Regarding the use of sensei, while hearing Kei say that all the time can be troublesome for an American, I would guess the Japanese culture makes it very difficult *not* to address a teacher, even one you are married to, as "sensei" due to respect. Where we take calling someone by their first name for granted, it is just not part of the culture to be so familiar. There is something intriguing about that distance that makes the relationship more special when you can address someone by their first name I think.

I liked this so much I am trying to find the DVDs to add to my collection. I can see myself wanting to watch this again in the future.

PS - oh yeah, did anyone else get the Ichigo -> Taiga (Toradora!) character design similarity? I mean, even some of the tsundere characteristics are there as well :-o
jfabritzApr 12, 2013 12:25 PM
May 15, 2013 7:03 PM

Apr 2013
If episode 9 (and parts of 10, I think) were excluded, then I would rate this show as 9/10. I found the romance cute and, well, quite romantic. Although the losing memories thing was frustrating, the happy ending redeemed it. Rather, it would have redeemed it.

But, goodness, episode 9 - it ruined the show for me. I simply cannot comprehend or forgive Kei's actions, and I cannot understand how Mizuho forgave him so easily afterwards. Kei's actions during this episode completely invalidate any sort of romance between him and Mizuho. A summary:

-Kei understood Morino's disease and knew exactly what kinds of things she had to go through
-Therefore, Kei was determined to help her out
-He concluded that the only way to help Morino out was to make Herikawa happy
-Herikawa would be happy if Kei would be Herikawa's boyfriend...
-In order to become Herikawa's boyfriend, he must leave his love for Mizuho behind

His priorities then, seem to me are as follows: Morino > Herikawa > Mizuho

It's romantic when people make sacrifices for love. It's the complete opposite of romantic when people sacrifice "love" for something else. Gah. I really wanted to enjoy this show. 6/10.
May 28, 2013 5:12 PM
Apr 2013
Hmm, only got around to watching this anime recently and I'm not so sure how I feel after the last episode.

The overall story was very sweet and romantic but I felt like there was some unnecessary obstacles for them. The ending too felt very very rushed.

Also, that little relationship between the teacher and the 15 year old girl who brings him lunch...am I the only one who was weirded out by that...
Jun 20, 2013 8:50 PM

Jun 2012
I'm all for this ending, it fit into the whole tone of the series. Although one thing bugged me through the entire series and it's how Kei won't freakin call her Mizuho instead of "sensei" it just sounded whiny when he said it.
Jul 14, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
I have no idea why I watched it.
Jul 30, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2012
happy good ending..
not bad in the end..

lol kei is pretend to forget everything.. not bad not bad I kind of like it actually..

final score (9/10)
Aug 14, 2013 3:09 PM
Apr 2013
I agree, it's a rushed ending, but the anime was bad.
Aug 19, 2013 1:08 AM

Jul 2011
The premise of the whole thing is pretty good. Alien teacher, getting married due to misunderstandings, and lots of hilarious parts. Even though it's to fill in the second half, the whole thing with Kei being a complete dumbass was just ridiculous. About to kiss whatsherface just so the other girl could not fall into stasis? Dumb the forever alone guy on her, she'll be happier then. Simply put, the marriage "problems" they have are way too obviously constructed.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Oct 5, 2013 7:31 AM
Oct 2012
this was a good and fun anime which i likeed a lot never thought about it but i guess it was strange for him to keep calling her mamam after they got married allso liked 13th episode.
Jan 30, 2014 4:31 AM

Jan 2014
It took me a couple of days to get over this. I kept going back & rewatching parts of it, prolonging & trying to understand the way I felt when it was over. I really wish I could've stayed immersed in their world for a little longer.

Although I was sad that I was so abruptly thrown back into reality, I was very happy that it turned out well for Kei & Mizuho. It also left me wishing real world relationships could be as romantic and moving as this (maybe it's just me).

Kei leaving Mizuho for Herikawa to help Morino was a bit hard to accept, but overall I really enjoyed this story so I won’t complain that it didn't reach its full potential.

I wish I'd watched this with a girl with whom I could share a nice big cuddle & tear or two at the end. I'm really surprised this had such an effect on me. Great stuff!!
Mar 20, 2014 6:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet ending and a happy ending for that matter! Finally they manage to actually do what they were supposed to do without unnecessary interruptions! Some other relations seem also to grow in that ending sequence so well while I do wonder what the ova has to offer I do really love this as an ending for the series! All by all I quite enjoyed watching it!
Apr 3, 2014 5:52 AM

Apr 2013
Good job Kei. The part when he fooled Mizuho was nice.
I really enjoyed watching this series even though it had a very cliche ending. Nothing can beat the good old retro shows like this one ^_^

The only thing left is to watch the OVA.

6/10
Always-HungryApr 13, 2014 1:27 PM
Jun 4, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Oh god, I watched this so long ago, but I just finished Ano Natsu so it gave me a little nostalgia. Teacher was one of my first animes back in the day, so I will probably always be biased towards it. I liked the ending of Teacher better than Ano Natsu that's for sure. The anime for Teacher followed the manga pretty well, but there was one discrepancy in the ending that they omitted for some reason that may have had an impact on how people watching the anime would have viewed the ending.

In the anime, 1 year passed before Mizuho returned to Earth and Kei recognized her and whatnot. In the manga, on that first day of class 1 year later, Kei first talks to Ichigo outside, and they talked about not having standstills anymore, and Ichigo brings up the fact that Kei got much taller over the past year since his growth wasn't stunted by standstills anymore. In the anime, they don't mention that or even make Kei taller so it looks like nothing changed. But in the manga, he ends up being taller than her after that 1 year.

On a related note, did anyone else see the KOTOKO - Snow Angel music video when it first came out and get absolutely fucking trolled thinking it was going to be a second season?
Aug 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Aug 2013
Very very very nice ending and whole series. I liked it very much.
Soundtrack is wonderful (as expected from I've), art - for a year 2002 too (Sensei is beautiful <3)
Comparing to Ano Natsu.... both were great, and both has scored 10/10 from me.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 21, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
Homolust said:
Why can't I have a hot alien babe fall for me?

IKR. Anyway I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would so I'll give it a 8/10.
Jan 23, 2015 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
I have just finished the series. Honestly, this is the WORST anime I have ever seen. It's outright terrible. Horrible art, horrible animation, retarded plot, retarded characters - most of them all absolutely the worst main character ever, my god. He was so annoying to look at, there wasn't even a SINGLE thing good about him. Shitty looks, shitty voice, the way he behaves and speaks, everything about him brings one word: pussy, he is complete opposite of a man, and yet somehow 2 girls fall for him, honestly, this was just bad. I had to raise mars of destruction to 2/10 because this is on an even lower level. The only thing I liked was Herikawa and Yamada's pairing which seems to be canon, lel. 1/10 from me anyway. I wish I wasn't so stubborn about not dropping series.
Jun 22, 2015 9:51 PM
May 2015
Happy ending, thats all matter, a bit confusing though, I think its a bit rushed. But one of the best anime I have watched. Amazing art, females are well drown, and they are too hot, sexy and busty. 10/10, ending is somehow confusing but still, worth watch it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 10 Discussion

huyyy - Oct 26, 2008

32 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
Apr 19, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 1 Discussion

Sky - Jul 15, 2011

21 by rohan121 »»
Feb 20, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 11 Discussion

Moe4Sho - Aug 12, 2010

20 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

brinan - Aug 13, 2009

53 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 23, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 8 Discussion

another_anon - May 16, 2010

16 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 23, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.