Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 21, 2014 5:23 AM
I've been watching a lot of trailers for various games lately, new and old. Sometimes to listen to the music, or sometimes to see the awesome CG effects...
Then you scroll down to the YouTube comments. "This game isn't what it used to be", or "This company doesn't care about us fans", or the especially wonderful "This game is absolute shit even though I've not played it and I've only seen an accumulated 30 seconds of dialogue but I know for sure that the story is shit too"...

So I have to ask: What's the absolute WORST fanbase in gaming? And please, elaborate your opinion.

I'd have to say it's Final Fantasy. Many in that fanbase has a different opinion on which game is the best out of all of them... Unless of course, you choose NOT to ignore the massive nostalgia boners for FFVII.
Every game in the series is different, and yet everyone who's ever played a Final Fantasy game will complain with each new iteration that "Square's losing their touch". It's completely impossible to please all of an entire fanbase, but Final Fantasy takes that to an entirely new level. (Again, FFVII nostalgia boners.)

That's just me though. Whaddyou think?

Dec 21, 2014 5:35 AM

LOL or maybe DOTA, plus a lot of the Dark Souls players who like to come and hate on games like Elder Scrolls and other one's like it for being too easy.

Dec 21, 2014 5:35 AM

Well Final Fantasy did lose their touch imo but I don't feel like debating with someone who is upset with fans who like a game from the past. Maybe they actually you know, liked FF7 because it's a good game?

Anyways, I'd say Kantai Collection. I still don't understand it

Dec 21, 2014 6:33 AM

Other than the typical Dota 2 and LoL examples, I'll say Devil May Cry fans.

Look, DmC is very different (yet similar) from the original Devil May Cry games and Dante looks different as well. But one thing's for sure, the game is not what many would consider a 'bad' game. I think certain aspects of the reboot even surpassed the original games, especially the art.

Dec 21, 2014 7:33 AM

ps4 fandom

Dec 21, 2014 8:01 AM

Sonic fanbase.

/thread

Dec 21, 2014 8:01 AM

CoD, obviously.

Dec 21, 2014 8:17 AM

Oddyeus said:
CoD, obviously.

Dec 21, 2014 9:53 AM

The Mario fanbase. Except for Super Mario 3D World, every main Mario game in recent years has been the same, much like COD and EA games (and lets not forget all the sports/party spin offs that milk the franchise even more), yet people eat them up and get so defensive when you call out facts like this.

Dec 21, 2014 9:58 AM

BahamutPriest said:
Sonic fanbase.

/thread

You don't see them around often, but you'll definitely know it when you ever do.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&

Dec 21, 2014 9:59 AM

rawr97 said:
Oddyeus said:
CoD, obviously.
A long time ago, I might have said Halo, but they are far more tolerable than the average CoD fan.

Dec 21, 2014 10:03 AM

Mashiro-Yuki said:

I'd have to say it's Final Fantasy. Many in that fanbase has a different opinion on which game is the best out of all of them... Unless of course, you choose NOT to ignore the massive nostalgia boners for FFVII.
Every game in the series is different, and yet everyone who's ever played a Final Fantasy game will complain with each new iteration that "Square's losing their touch". It's completely impossible to please all of an entire fanbase, but Final Fantasy takes that to an entirely new level. (Again, FFVII nostalgia boners.)

That's just me though. Whaddyou think?

What tends to happen in a longrunning series is a fandom's often tied with age.

This is just a big generalization, but:
- People who like FF1-FF9 were most likely born in the mid 1980s to early 1990s.
- People who like FF10+ were most likely born in the mid 1990s.
- People born in the late 1990s to early 2000s do not even like Final Fantasy; this is why Square is trying to push the open world aspect of FF15 to get the younger generation more interested in the series, so that they can secure future customers.

Dec 21, 2014 10:06 AM

It's like if FF7 was my first FF and my favorite, I can't like other FF games.

The only ones I don't like are 6 and 12 (and possibly 11).

So at the current moment my least favorite fandom is the anti-fandom.

Dec 21, 2014 10:23 AM

I hate Touhou, and I hate Touhou fans.

I also hate people that obsess over Earthbound, and the Mother series.

Dec 21, 2014 10:26 AM

Cakedog said:
BahamutPriest said:
Sonic fanbase.

/thread

You don't see them around often, but you'll definitely know it when you ever do.

You mean the ones that actually like Sonic 06, or the furry ones? Because they're both in the minority, as Cake said.

Dec 21, 2014 10:27 AM

Working_Designs said:
Just wondering, why exactly do you hate Touhou? Is it because of the fans?

Dec 21, 2014 10:33 AM

quukii said:
Working_Designs said:

The fans are annoying, but I hate Touhou mostly because the girls are really ugly.

Dec 21, 2014 10:34 AM

Dark_Chaos said:
Cakedog said:

You mean the ones that actually like Sonic 06, or the furry ones? Because they're both in the minority, as Cake said.

I assumed Baha was referring to the furries.

You hardly see them in video game/anime/entertainment/etc. forums, but where you do see them most are in flash communities.

Dec 21, 2014 10:40 AM

Well, the call of duty fanbase was good to a point and then it turned to shit so I guess I will go with that. My other least favorite fanbase is probably pc gamers, as just the mention of console gaming will have them go on rants of the superior graphic of the pc and the "pc master race"

Dec 21, 2014 10:48 AM

rawr97 said:
Oddyeus said:
CoD, obviously.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]

Dec 21, 2014 11:20 AM
Chu2Byo

"I have no life" LOL players. There are just so many LOL players I have met who just put me off the game. They take it so seriously like ITS A FUCKING GAME. and theyre screaming down the mic telling you to KYS and drink bleach. Like fuck off you fucking scum get out of your parents basement...

Dec 21, 2014 12:47 PM

Working_Designs said:
quukii said:

The fans are annoying, but I hate Touhou mostly because the girls are really ugly.
I like Touhou, but I'll have to admit that I think that ZUN's art isn't exactly stellar as well (I like the actual character designs though).

Dec 21, 2014 12:50 PM

ii84 said:
"I have no life" LOL players. There are just so many LOL players I have met who just put me off the game. They take it so seriously like ITS A FUCKING GAME. and theyre screaming down the mic telling you to KYS and drink bleach. Like fuck off you fucking scum get out of your parents basement...

Dec 21, 2014 12:55 PM

COD Fandom

Final Fantasy Fandom

Any Console War Fandom
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 21, 2014 12:58 PM

Uncharted, Killzone, Halo, Infamous, Driveclub, Granturismo, Forza, Gta, Kingdom Hearts,
Far Cry, Metal Gear, God of War fandoms.
Electronic Arts, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Valve, Rockstar Games fandom.
So annyoing.

Dec 21, 2014 1:11 PM

People saying the COD fandom is annoying are so brave!!!!!!

Dec 21, 2014 1:15 PM

Too many to list, but I'll pick on Bioware. For some reason all the Bioware fandom SJWs think their opinions are more important than everyone else's.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.

Dec 21, 2014 1:29 PM

ii84 said:
I find them more obnoxious than CoD players

Dec 21, 2014 2:37 PM
Never liked the League of Nerds community. Left 4 Dead 2 is a good game but never play VS because you'll get kicked for the no reason. I played it quite a bit but after getting kicked again and again, I turned it off and uninstalled it.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'

Dec 21, 2014 2:41 PM

VitaminCaim said:
ii84 said:
I find them more obnoxious than CoD players

tbh you need to watch out for when one of them claims they're going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts

Dec 21, 2014 4:29 PM

Single platform and corporate entity warriors.

Dec 21, 2014 4:32 PM
VitaminCaim said:
Well Final Fantasy did lose their touch imo but I don't feel like debating with someone who is upset with fans who like a game from the past. Maybe they actually you know, liked FF7 because it's a good game?

Thinking a game is good as opposed to thinking no other game in the same franchise can ever live up to it simply for NOT being that game aren't the same thing.

Dec 21, 2014 4:33 PM

CoD players, most likely. They're the Naruto fanbase of videogames: obnoxious, ignorant, and deluded
Modified by PriestSlayer, Dec 21, 2014 4:40 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Dec 21, 2014 4:38 PM

Ouch, I am offended. Oh well.

From personal experience, the 2007-2008 WoW fanbase was some of the worst and the best, but it was ultimately the former that made me quit.

Dec 21, 2014 5:59 PM

Valve fandom is annoying, some people just get way too defensive over them

Dec 21, 2014 8:08 PM

Mashiro-Yuki said:
VitaminCaim said:

Thinking a game is good as opposed to thinking no other game in the same franchise can ever live up to it simply for NOT being that game aren't the same thing.

So how do you reason out having a favorite in a series?

Unless you're saying that whatever developer can still possibly make something that lives up to that favorite. In which case there shouldn't be much objection.

Dec 22, 2014 3:12 AM

paperlynx said:
Valve fandom is annoying, some people just get way too defensive over them

Cause Valve is awesome and most of the praise Valve gets is well-deserved. But I agree some fanatics take it way too far.

May 12, 12:47 PM

I'd say its the pokemon,animal crossing and the danganronpa fandom.

May 13, 3:17 AM

danganronpa fandom with little girls fighting each other over which 2 boys ship the best, making up the majority of the fanbase and all this talk about people getting doxxed over dumb reasons I hear.

May 14, 11:49 AM

Playstation fanboys. I was on N4G for a long time and it's a Playstation echo chamber, the worst I have come across.

May 14, 12:34 PM

ImmoralConstruct said:
danganronpa fandom with little girls fighting each other over which 2 boys ship the best, making up the majority of the fanbase and all this talk about people getting doxxed over dumb reasons I hear.

I'm kinda deep in the fandom (the story and games, not much on the community to be clear). I heard the doxxing was for like the shipping between characters afaik. But it sounds really ridiculous, so i don't even believe in the whole thing.

Just as I was typing this, I searched up "Danganronpa dox" on my search engine and found a reddit thread from a user in the fandom being doxxed, it was posted 2 months ago... yikes
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎Hello!

May 14, 12:37 PM

CSGO matches can be quite toxic depending your region, sadly I used to be apart of the whole toxic thing, but it's been awhile since i've played that game.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎Hello!

May 14, 1:30 PM

Among CS 1.6 players I've been meeting some truly horrible individuals.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.

May 14, 11:55 PM

P99Chan said:
ImmoralConstruct said:

I'm kinda deep in the fandom (the story and games, not much on the community to be clear). I heard the doxxing was for like the shipping between characters afaik. But it sounds really ridiculous, so i don't even believe in the whole thing.

Just as I was typing this, I searched up "Danganronpa dox" on my search engine and found a reddit thread from a user in the fandom being doxxed, it was posted 2 months ago... yikes

Its still prevalent, seen it happen myself on discords not too long ago, It is ridiculous but not for the person getting doxxed but can confirm it still happens... Last I saw was a person on a server got doxxed because of conflict of opinions and the people who did it tried to apparently "justify" it by forging evidence and making him somehow look like a pedophile, so its pretty messed up

May 15, 12:13 AM

As for the topic of toxicity in general while playing a game. MOBAS can be a nightmare, im a DOTA player and have seen extreme amounts of bullshit, usually consider myself to not be that empathic but I kinda feel for the new players just trying to have a good time but they get attacked by their teammates more than their enemies, its a game that needs a lot of time to get a hang of so it must be pretty frustrating added with the unwelcoming community. I have heard LoL has a similar condition too but haven't played it so can't really say.

daky-kun said:

In my personal experience, its pretty funny when that happens in 1.6 because of (in most cases) their broken english and lack of actual sense or arguments. I consider it as a comic relief during matches. Among the counter strikes I honestly found css to have the best community.

May 15, 1:47 AM

ImmoralConstruct said:
As for the topic of toxicity in general while playing a game. MOBAS can be a nightmare, im a DOTA player and have seen extreme amounts of bullshit, usually consider myself to not be that empathic but I kinda feel for the new players just trying to have a good time but they get attacked by their teammates more than their enemies, its a game that needs a lot of time to get a hang of so it must be pretty frustrating added with the unwelcoming community. I have heard LoL has a similar condition too but haven't played it so can't really say.

daky-kun said:

In my personal experience, its pretty funny when that happens in 1.6 because of (in most cases) their broken english and lack of actual sense or arguments. I consider it as a comic relief during matches. Among the counter strikes I honestly found css to have the best community.

CSS is quite fun. but there's lack of vanilla servers close to me that doesn't give me 100+ ping, most of the vanilla servers are like 16v16 in some modified map of de_dust2. I still have fun atleast, still pwning people is quite the joy, Bhoping is kinda meh tho.

May 15, 10:24 PM

The Danganronpa fandom for sure- there's so much shit that I could list... the doxxing, the ships, etc. I'm too tired to elaborate at the moment, but those are just some things I could list off of the top of my head.

May 16, 2:46 AM

Either Danganronpa, Jojo's or Pewdiepie. Danganronpa for the things that everybody's already mentioned like doxxing (I don't really care either way about shipping) or Jojo's and Pewdiepie for just being really annoying (Eg: Is this a Jojo reference? and Pewidiepie fans never shutting up about Pewdiepie, although that's calmed down after his youtube drama with a Bollywood studio)
Two πŸ’• trucks 🚚 having 🈢 sex
Two πŸ•‘ trucks 🚚 having 🈢 sex
My 😊 muscles, my 😊 muscles
Involuntarily flex πŸ’ͺ
Two πŸ’• trucks πŸ›» having 🈢 sex
Two πŸ•‘ trucks 🚚🚚🚚 having 🈢 sex
My 😊 muscles, my 😊 muscles
Involuntarily flex πŸ’ͺ