Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 28, 2014 9:27 AM
Apr 2011
Compared to the VN, this anime was godly to watch. I really enjoyed it, and I'd give it a 9.75/10 overall.
- Editor for Chihiro Subs and Lead Editor for Amaterasu Translations

Jesus, I never thought a more shit opinion could exist than "Fairy Tail is a good anime". -SaberARV

Dec 28, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Perhaps. I was more thinking the series was more dull and forgettable then so bad it's good. I wish it was so bad its good lawl.

Ya're right in that regard^^ My signature is probably partly a fault, y i still had a bit of fun to remember it... Also dat Yumiko episode lol At least that episode was so bad its good^^

If its me: They should have just done every episode like Yumiko, make a few Tunafish Man cameos(or as a main villain xD) and call it a Grisaia Parody. :D It just was a stupid idea to try to adapt Kajitsu in one cour as a whole.

Tensho should just work on Kiniro Mosaic again, i liked that :)
Dec 28, 2014 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
Surprised they actually kept in the sex scene
Dec 30, 2014 10:38 AM
Dec 2012
Kazuki is the best character hands down
This and Makina's arc is good... the others too rushed.
Dec 31, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, would have been better in hindsight to keep traveling from the beginning.
Jan 1, 2015 6:18 PM

Jan 2014
DeadZeroSourceJan 1, 2015 6:22 PM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 1, 2015 10:55 PM

Jun 2014
DeadZeroSource said:

Jan 2, 2015 12:24 AM

Jan 2014
Thai777 said:
DeadZeroSource said:

you can spoil me anything as long as it's about grisaia... just send me msg... I would love to spoiled xD
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 2, 2015 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
DeadZeroSource said:
Thai777 said:

you can spoil me anything as long as it's about grisaia... just send me msg... I would love to spoiled xD

Nope it's better to find it by yourself.
Jan 3, 2015 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
Edge-of-my seat when they were escaping.

This entire thing is a bit unbelievable. There is no way a fieldtrip buss filled with kids would not be missed if it didn't get back on time. Within one day, the place would have been crawling with people searching for them.
Jan 6, 2015 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that is again treated with superficiality especially the ending.
Narrative that does not satisfy me 100% but this time it was the right one.
The drawings are mediocre, what a pity.
To hype the final minutes.
The ending seems to tell something about the events end, perhaps Yuuji's sister is alive.
I hope that at least in the BD 8Bit very best of the product, because what we have seen is average on everything.

chakracat said:
Was that old guy at the end the teacher?

I really think it's him, looking for Amane to shut him up and put a lid on junk made in the forest, it is plausible and coincides with the words spoken at the end.
Jan 6, 2015 6:07 AM
Jul 2014
that fanservice ._.
That was so scary many of them become crazy.
so dark
Jan 6, 2015 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
My worst fears came to pass. What are the odds of suddenly getting "deer meat"?
That sex scene was a surprise though. It's like the teacher became the slave of the president.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 8, 2015 2:35 AM

Oct 2008
Ketuekigami said:
Always amazing when people pull the "plot hole" card even when the answer to their problem can be solved without knowledge of the original source. People are always quick to criticize anime that doesn't have some magic bullshit as a quick explanation. Of course they left out a lot of important shit that solves some issues, but some problems people have are kind of ridiculous. Apparently if it isn't directly stated it did or didn't happen, the opposite is the case for some people.

Tell me about it. In my opinion, many of the problems that people have brought up can be easily rationalized through thinking and re-watching some of the previous episodes where the details were ironed out.

- The teacher was using a remote route. (Much of Japan's land mass is covered with uninhabitable mountains and forests.)
- Kazuki didn't want to stir up discord by being the leader and going against the chain of command. (Did she even care for the others aside from Amane?)
- How Kazuki needed Amane to see the truth in order to get her to understand that they were unsavable.
- Humans can easily lose their humanity and revert back to their primal state when separated from civilization (see Lord of the Flies). Cannibalism, sex, etc... Humans are just animals after all.
- People can be horrible and such bullying does happen, especially in Japan where image is everything. If you think it's nothing more than a deliberate attempt at drama, you have more faith in humanity than I do.

Most of the time, people project, putting themselves into the situation and question why the characters aren't as smart as themselves - quickly putting the blame on the writing. So much so that it's starting to sound like an excuse not to think.
ActarJan 8, 2015 2:38 AM
Jan 8, 2015 11:17 PM

Feb 2013
Fuck....well...that happened....
Jan 11, 2015 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
The teacher is back. Bum bum bum
Jan 12, 2015 3:12 AM
May 2012
Dude......did she really have to say "delicious" ahahaha.
Ha, I knew it!! I fucking knew it!! Still, how can they still have sex in that situation?? I guess, that's the power of horny, huh. Y'all know that power.
Dafuq, how can they still run that fast?? And Sensei is like a freaking Titan, yeah.
I think that Kazuki is still alive. I have got an idea about that creep at the end.
Jan 13, 2015 5:31 PM

May 2012
Well that was quite fucked up, but damn it sure surprised me even more! I do wonder how they will end this series though! Let's see what the last episode will offer us!
Jan 25, 2015 1:21 AM

Jun 2009
"Delicous"...that made me giggle for like 5 minutes. This show is hilarious.
Mar 20, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2009
The fanservice was wack.
Mar 25, 2015 3:48 PM
Mar 2015
Wow, I haven't seen such a pathetic character (Amane Suou) since Lisa from Zankyou no Terror.
Apr 27, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2012
Nice conclusion of the arc (well, almost). This was really the best one they did (though in novel, Sachi's and Michiru's were better). This was interesting simply because it told the story of Yuuji's past. And because it had the most ep.

Still, they made it little too obvious. In the novel, you really don't know if Kazuki is alive - though ofc, there are some hints (bad end).

I'm still imagining what this series could be if they made at least 20 episodes.

Well, remembering Sakaki's bullshit I am kinda afraid what director will do with this second anime original episode but let's see.
May 20, 2015 11:49 AM
Jan 2015
I guess, this is what you called 'Humans at its ugliest forms', huh?
I'm a philosopher. A thinker.

A devouted and loyal Opportunist and yet a simple-minded Pragmatist.
May 24, 2015 2:22 AM

Mar 2008
I'm very weak with stuff like that, so it had more an impact on me as I'd like to admitt...
still, it was just ridiculous how they made the teacher look like when he chased them..
also the other classmates - if someone gets abused I'd say not everyone will want the other people to get abused, too... I hate how they portrayed all of the other classmates in the end. Was that faithful to the VN?

I wonder, will we get to know what exactly happened to Kazuki
?

Also, I know I shouldn't be complaining about this but I still will. Anyone who is at least a bit smart would have looked for a way out of the forest RIGHT AWAY.
Since they still had a lot of strength and enough food, that is the most rational thing to do. Fucking ridiculous that they stayed in such an abandoned place for a long time.. <_<
Only thing I could see why they wouldn't have gone away earlier is that the teacher has always been a rapist as well as murderer (...?)
If I'd know that I'd have still tried to escape since day1. Why even bother to stay there when it is so obvious noone will find the place in the near future...
Vanessa-May 24, 2015 2:31 AM
May 28, 2015 11:37 AM
Jan 2015
Alice said:
I'm very weak with stuff like that, so it had more an impact on me as I'd like to admitt...
still, it was just ridiculous how they made the teacher look like when he chased them..
also the other classmates - if someone gets abused I'd say not everyone will want the other people to get abused, too... I hate how they portrayed all of the other classmates in the end. Was that faithful to the VN?

I wonder, will we get to know what exactly happened to Kazuki
?

Also, I know I shouldn't be complaining about this but I still will. Anyone who is at least a bit smart would have looked for a way out of the forest RIGHT AWAY.
Since they still had a lot of strength and enough food, that is the most rational thing to do. Fucking ridiculous that they stayed in such an abandoned place for a long time.. <_<
Only thing I could see why they wouldn't have gone away earlier is that the teacher has always been a rapist as well as murderer (...?)
If I'd know that I'd have still tried to escape since day1. Why even bother to stay there when it is so obvious noone will find the place in the near future...

It was clear, right. Kazuki wanted to show that as a humans not animals, it is not the strongest who would survive. As a matter of fact, Amane who is the most coward and weak could survive by the end of it.
That's kinda ironic, you know? knowing that Kazuki was that smart and yet, she decided to help Amane to escape. I guess that really showed the good and kind side of her, not only she is smart but also kind and good to judge which people deserve to be saved by the end of the day.

So, my conclusion is in human society, it is not the strongest whose win. Though, I'm still confused about this kind of kindness concept. It just too puzzling for me whose been raised with dog eat dog environment. This is absurd.
I'm a philosopher. A thinker.

A devouted and loyal Opportunist and yet a simple-minded Pragmatist.
May 29, 2015 4:19 PM

Oct 2014
i just saw someone eat maggots out their wounds and another girl be raped by her teacher WHAT THE HELL
Jun 3, 2015 3:21 PM
Feb 2015
Wow that was very intense... Can't believe that the captain and the advisor had sex...
Kazuki may have not died but we won't know for sure unless the final talks about it.

Omg that guy in the end. I have a very bad feeling.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 5, 2015 6:17 AM

Apr 2014
So in love with his crazy dark background. Where did this come from? NVM its always be there it all in the black
Jun 10, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
The fuck was that dude at the end? Don't fucking tell me it's... Ochi? No, that can't be. He doesn't even look like him. Or maybe it's one of the girls father? And since he know there has been canibalism, maybe he want a revenge against the girl who survived and rumored to have succombed to canibalism?

Anyway, I saw everything coming (except Ochi having sex with the captain...), which is pretty rare, but it still was disturbing as fuck. Yooooooooooo. YOOOOOOOOO. Does that mean Kazuki became... meat? Dear god. That's fucked up. Maybe she managed to escape. Maybe her arm had healed a bit, hence the reason she removed her bandage?

There are still some points that are unclear, and I guess the next episode will explain them.

Also, that fanservice was stupid. And inappropriate. Reallyy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 1, 2015 3:16 AM

Aug 2011
This episode made me to shit bricks. However, when Amane was younger she was cuter. Anyway, "Angelic Howl" is the ingenious route.
ReFordJul 1, 2015 3:19 AM
Oct 9, 2015 6:05 AM

Dec 2008
AS obvious and unsurprising as everything in this show has been, somehow this episode managed to hold my attention. As much as I hated it lol. Especially when the teacher got knocked out and blew his wad...well..that was kind of amusing.
Dec 29, 2015 8:39 AM

May 2013
Why the fuck din't they escape the mountain at Day 1 when they had Energy
Dec 31, 2015 11:16 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, I take back what I said about Sensei leaving them behind, but he was still suspect AF.

LMFAO! Sensei going out with a bang! ;)

Sensei had them demon eyes and he was acting like a dog obeying her orders.

Reminded me of Cabin Fever...just a bit.

Great episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 10, 2016 6:50 AM

Mar 2015
Ah fell asleep on this one. I thought this was a harem, what I got is 3 episodes of bitch girl flashback. That ends up with Kazaki still alive.

Feb 21, 2016 9:37 PM

May 2014
DarklordVor said:
Ah fell asleep on this one. I thought this was a harem, what I got is 3 episodes of bitch girl flashback. That ends up with Kazaki still alive.

I know that you expected a harem, but this was unexpectedly hardcore from what I experienced. Your opinion seems to be in the minority, and it astounds me how this can cause someone to "fall asleep" but to each their own. ALthogh this episod emad eme angry, I respect the execution in the character's mannerisms, sound, and pace of the episode. By no means was this episode a terrible episode that warranted such hate. However, to each their own I see...

She sacrificed herself to save a coward like me. So true. Weak puny emoitnal intelligence, though it was understandable. Still, it maeks me angry though. GOd damn.

Assuming Amane followed Kazami's guide, how did Kazami know the way out? Maybe it was a ll a coincidence and she just had a hunch..

And the stupid teacher and the community that fostered... such a cruel place as a welcome for Amane. The world is twisted.

Best part though, at least Amane accepts that she was a coward and "needs to be punished"

This arc was really good though. It allowed me to have emotion towards the show, even though most if was anger.

That twist at the end where Kazuki could be still alive... THE FEELS

Is that the teacher at the end??!!! =D
9/10
Mar 12, 2016 9:25 AM
Apr 2015
Lol why didn't the girls just build a big fire when the helicopter slid thru
Mar 22, 2016 2:52 AM
Oct 2015
IS IT ME OR WOULD YUUJI AND YUMIKO BE BETTER THAN YUUJI AND AMANE??????
Apr 8, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
Sensei going full beast mode mode was more hilarious than scary, lol.
Totally not suspicious old geezer at the end
Kazaki the MvP
Now to the final ep!
May 18, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
I take back what I said about Kazuki 2 episodes ago. She's strong-willed, I like her. Amane on the other hand is an annoying weakling. Kazuki sacrificed herself for her and she let other kids bully her. I thought the whole incident would make her stronger but apparently, it did not.

Also I want to say that the teacher fucking his student really took me by surprise. It was so dark and mature and was really well done. But that cannibal thing, I've seen it from a mile away. I've read too many dystopian novels to not have expected that.

Also that one kid eating a maggot and says "delicious". Fuck was nasty.
Jun 15, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2016
And if i may say so to all of you gentleman - The pantsu were pink ! Kazami Yuuji sure knows how to pack his will for...in a way that sounds reasonable ^^
Jul 8, 2016 11:34 PM

Mar 2010
While I consider this the least interesting arc, it was the best executed one.
Creepy guy at the end will be trouble ofc and makes us want to continue watching

And damn that creepy teacher.. So he did it with all his students I assume? Even the corpses o.O ? Brrr.. And ate them..
Jul 26, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2007
...this has to be the worst "Lord of the Flies" type of situation I've ever seen in any media thus far. A bunch of middle school children with zero survival knowledge or skills would have been an adequate explanation for the wanton stupidity I just witnessed, but they had a damn Macgyver with them. Disregarding the teacher that evidently knew absolutely nothing about how to get rescued, why didn't Macgyver ever suggest to build a signal fire? She was obviously knowledgeable enough to get Amane out with a concrete plan to do so, but not once did they take any measures to get noticed by search and rescue? Hell if she had a concrete plan for getting out of the forest, then why in the flying fuck did she not give it to the teacher? You know the same person heading out with half your rations to try and save everyone still breathing?

Just utterly ridiculous melodrama for the sake of drama and it really detracts from the overall Grisaia experience. This is the problem of having a character introduced to be seemingly knowledgeable with the accompanied wisdom to make use of that knowledge. Kazuki had all the smarts needed to get them out of that situation anytime she wanted. Hell all of this could have been resolved before they even started rationing their food. But because of PLOT, she only acted after almost everyone else descended into madness. Though I suppose I'm missing something with regards to Japanese culture as I cannot at all fathom why such a scenario would have taken place to begin with.

This kind of story doesn't work one bit when there is one character capable of pulling them out of the situation at any time, but for REASONS decided not to do so. The fact that I'm even bothering to write all this just shows how utterly baffled I am at how the sequence of events played out.

TLDR: The fuck did I just watch?
Jul 28, 2016 9:11 AM

Mar 2015
LOL at the xes scene! President looked hot that way.
They ate the corpse huh? Okay :I

There is a hope that Kazuki is still alive!! YaY!!

4.2/5
Aug 23, 2016 7:01 AM

Apr 2013
Meh, what a mess. That creepy guy is probably the teacher from then? I hope the last episode has some Amane fanservice, that would be the only way to make this ending enjoyable for me.
Sep 28, 2016 1:33 PM
Sep 2014
Good god, probably one of the worst Anime Arcs I've seen in the last few years.

Nothing here makes sense. What did the Bus do, fly through the air for miles? There's a damn road right next to them. Just follow the thing back and you'll meet a town in less than a day.
Camp for days in one spot without foraging, and when you finally do, you notice the camping spot is bad? Let's...not change the spot then. 'Cause you gotta stay there, for plot reasons. No sense going to a spot in a FOREST that nurtures COUNTLESS EDIBLE animals, where you can actually provide for yourself. And of course no one went looking for the missing people for days, simply followed the route they'd taken and LOOK at the camp RIGHT NEXT TO THE GODDAMN ROAD.

A whole lot of nonsensical melodrama.

Yes, lead her without any warning to a scene of horror, so she can attract the attention of the suddenly insane people. Oh, and then heroically sacrifice yourself to allow your friend to escape! Just...DON'T use the knife that you happen to have...cause it would kinda give you a massive advantage and you'd survive and then the whole Melodrama would disappear...

This is one hell of an arc full of nonsense, plotholes and unnecessary melodrama.
Dec 28, 2016 8:17 AM

Jan 2015
boy did I enjoy this arc. no idea about the vn but to me Amane's story was the most thrilling one. even though it's really strange that Kazuki had a map all that time
the ed is incredibly beautiful.
demimondeJun 10, 2017 10:34 AM
Feb 13, 2017 5:59 PM

May 2013
I felt sick to my stomach when seeing this and I saw a movie similar to this (it's called "Alive" and it's about a true story (not "based" on one but it's actually the re-enacting of one)). I've seen things like Elfen Lied and Future Diary and even that didn't make me feel sick like this episode did.

Say what you want about this series but this episode or this arc was very powerful and I would rate it a 8.5/10 or even a 9/10 if it wasn't for the rest of the anime and if they didn't cut corners from the VN.
Sep 20, 2017 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Dramatic and exciting, but so much crap before that this couldn't make up for.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 3, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2017
I only intended to watch two episodes of Grisaia today, but now about to start the 4th. These last few have definitely held my interest more than the earlier episodes
Mar 11, 2018 1:55 PM

Jan 2018
Very intense final arc, by far the best one in this show. Too bad it doesn't really make up for the other rushed arcs, especially Yumiko and Sachi.

Eh, it wasn't a bad anime overall, but I still feel disappointed.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.