Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the episode felt slow, so it's more like a breather but momentum did pick up in the latter half. It looks like Ange and Hilda are allowed back with the squad; nothing surprising though.

Lol dragon and curry. How does that go hand in hand?

Censors will probably be removed from the BDs. God damn it Julio.
Dec 20, 2014 9:10 AM

May 2009
Everyone and their mothers predicted correctly that Vivian is a Dragon.

At least she didn't die.
Dec 20, 2014 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
All of those dragons are people not just Vivian and the lady seducing Julio, what an insane twist (at least Vivian got knocked out instead of killed). It also proves that the humans are bastards on both sides but the Empire is much worse and I see why the dragons were kept secret all along.

Dec 20, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
cant wait for next episode.
thing start to be really interisting
bruh
Dec 20, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
All those dragons are human. For a sec Vivian has Death Flag on her. Both side are mess up but the Empire are a little more.
Dec 20, 2014 5:29 PM
Jun 2010
The gods have shown themselves.
Dec 20, 2014 6:06 PM

Nov 2014
OMG...this twist, we have now old humanity, new humanity and normas. So new humanity and normas can turn in a dragon? What kind of experiment do Embryo (the God)... history going better and better..and more develoment for Ange his new reality is broken again... Ange can be a perfect villain in any anime/history (since 1st episode im thinking in that), the narcissistic princess who attempted genocide in 1st episode who later then turned more human and past his day hunting dragons (humans) for money and later plan to break the world who deal her bad, kill her sick brother and now...
I like this anime.
Dec 20, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2011
I watch this raw to see if Vivian was really the dragon in the preview, and turns out many were right.
Dec 20, 2014 7:10 PM
Nov 2014
As I written in last's weeks what if i wrote the plot...
Looks like I managed to score a number of guesses right :)

The first let out the secrets episode, an exposition heavy episode, (something Recon-G really needs.) done rather well.

That 'RESET' term would really meant Matrix's sort of reset lol

It is funny what Jill said in regard to the monster being human after all part.
Dec 20, 2014 7:13 PM
Nov 2014
bastek66 said:
Everyone and their mothers predicted correctly that Vivian is a Dragon.

At least she didn't die.

LOL yeah, I have guessed that dragons would be a sort of evolution state of humans :)
THis is really predictable after the same twist used in Gargantia!
Dec 21, 2014 2:32 AM
Jun 2013
and the trainwreck continues at full speed.
Logic be damned if any episode ever makes coherent sense and uses logic.
Dec 21, 2014 2:38 AM

Mar 2008
Jaridan said:

What is not coherent ?
Dec 21, 2014 2:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Jill reveals the history of humanity and Norma in full details. I like how smug she acts in front of Ange and the other Normas, but when she was facing Embryo (Lol. What a choice of name), she lost her cool almost instantly.

I'm glad Vivian survived this episode, despite turning into a DRAGON. She's probably the only well mannered girl among all the Normas.

So, Normas can also turn into DRAGONs occasionally? Embryo (Lol. How can this be a name?) seems to be the mastermind behind this occurrence.

Decent episode. Julio is on his way "rebuild the world." Pretty sure the announcement to the Normas about the arriving hospitality is actually an incoming hostility.

Dec 21, 2014 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
The odd thing about the twist. I should have noticed it already but do you know what, including all the yuri... do you know what anime Cross Ange is really similar to??? Shinsekai Yori! Mental powers, humans with and without them, "monsters" who turn out to be humans, an ancient super weapon to be used against them, creating a new world. Mind = blown.
Dec 21, 2014 3:00 AM

Feb 2013
So... who are the dragons that regularly come to kill the normas? I thought the normas were there to protect new humanity from the dragons? what? what?

so confused now. hopefully they explain more about this later...
Dec 21, 2014 3:10 AM
Nov 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Jill reveals the history of humanity and Norma in full details. I like how smug she acts in front of Ange and the other Normas, but when she was facing Embryo (Lol. What a choice of name), she lost her cool almost instantly.

I'm glad Vivian survived this episode, despite turning into a DRAGON. She's probably the only well mannered girl among all the Normas.

So, Normas can also turn into DRAGONs occasionally? Embryo (Lol. How can this be a name?) seems to be the mastermind behind this occurrence.

Decent episode. Julio is on his way "rebuild the world." Pretty sure the announcement to the Normas about the arriving hospitality is actually an incoming hostility.

The human dragon transformation seems odd... Like magic sort of transformation or... Genetic recoding in a matrix sort of way lol. The song and some plant thing would be a suppressor and trigger of some sort ..
Dec 21, 2014 3:18 AM
Aug 2014
Interesting background information. However, we don't know what triggered Vivians transformation. If the small dragons are human then what are the boss dragons? Hmmm Julio seems like a small villain compared to this God.
Dec 21, 2014 3:20 AM
Aug 2014
hpulley said:
The odd thing about the twist. I should have noticed it already but do you know what, including all the yuri... do you know what anime Cross Ange is really similar to??? Shinsekai Yori! Mental powers, humans with and without them, "monsters" who turn out to be humans, an ancient super weapon to be used against them, creating a new world. Mind = blown.

I guess it is similar. Shinsekai starts off light, whereas Cross Ange just throws you into the pit from the start.
Dec 21, 2014 3:24 AM

Jul 2012
Vivian walking as a dragon sure was fun to see, good that she has survived! Things are starting to get interesting, Ange what are you going to do?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Dec 21, 2014 3:33 AM

Apr 2014
What an insane plot was been revealed. I didn't saw that coming.
So DRAGONS was actually humans huh? It will turn me crazy when I know that if I'm in that kind of world.

So Vivian was really turned into a DRAGON, So we are right on our guess huh?. Good grief she's still alive.
Well I'll take another guess, Embryo was a brother of Alektra/Jill?
So It will mean Jill and Ange got the same fate? Like being thrown by their brother.

And now the question is how and why there's alternate world/other dimension where the DRAGONS came from?
Well I guess I will find it out in the next episodes. Can't wait to know more next week!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 21, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2014
Cross Ange never fails to deliver on plot and exposition. Dare I say, we are getting too much, too quickly?

Also the new antagonist's name is Embryo-sama...

Really?
Dec 21, 2014 3:39 AM

Nov 2012
just want to tell you guys this is actually mars of destruction plot twist lol
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 21, 2014 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
I thought the twist is more madoka-ish, the monster they have been fighting is actually their kind.

BTW, love this episode, some shocking revelation, and it actually makes sense
Dec 21, 2014 3:49 AM
Jan 2014
The second half of the episode was filled with brilliant indirect comedy scenes. This anime almost never ceases to amaze me in that aspect. Sadly, I don't think I can tolerate this or expect anything from it any further.

The animation quality also dropped like it's nobody's business, and the amazing "plot" thickens. Them horrid derpfaces and stillshots. Should've settled for a single cour if the budget is obviously tight. They could've cut out soo many useless parts and delivered the "plot" in a single cour.

I feel kind of sad, as how they wasted Mizuki Nana's vocals on this, and soon-to-be Takahashi Yoko's in the upcoming OP for the second cour. That second OP was the main driving force for me, but I guess I'll listen to it on YouTube or something.

Jaridan said:
Dec 21, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2013
Holy crap, what da eff is this plot twist? Normas are DRAGONS and I'm glad that Vivian is alive!

Embryo>Julio in terms of being a villain. Heck, this "God" is more interesting than this manipulated bastard who is being manipulated too. Moar Tusk please!

Jill being Alektra is not that surprising considering that it was hinted last week. Welp, at least she explained the story though the question is, how in the world DRAGONS are Normas?

So my theory is right Ange controlling the dragons because of her song? Damn! I feel that the next two episodes will wrap up this arc and that means, more Sala in the next half of the anime~

And I have a question, will this have a break next week?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 21, 2014 3:54 AM

Nov 2012
im quite sure this is at least 3x better than shingeki no kyojin soon-to-be-revealed plot twist
Dec 21, 2014 3:55 AM
Jul 2013
So... New humanity bring dragons is a side effect of using mana?

Or New humanity was created using dragons so they could use mana, and the ones that appear out of the singularity are trying to right the world?

Idk
Dec 21, 2014 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
Seems i have a confirmation now...

Curry can save the world!
bruh
Dec 21, 2014 4:19 AM

Nov 2012
just watched full episode
ok, destroy the world and make anew, so basically vilkiss and last week infinite justice are like turn-a or even evangelion/rahxephon mech? lol
Dec 21, 2014 4:36 AM

Apr 2013
great episode. storytime

so i guess the side effect of not being able to use mana is that a norma turns into a dragon. which brings up the question what triggers the dragon transformation?

i like how the rondo in the title is not just random but actual fits the story now

second half is going to be interesting.

xSanoxDec 25, 2014 1:56 PM
Dec 21, 2014 4:50 AM

Jan 2013
How can you name someone EMBRYO?! XD
I laughed so heard when I heard that XD
DRAGONS are human? Why did they turn them into dragons? I didn't expect that.

Dec 21, 2014 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
God, for a second I thought that Vivian was burning with all the other corpses in there. Good thing that she's ok.

But that raises the question of why are the dragons human, and why Vivian had her conscience (or, the other dragons also had it but are still trying to target the).

That was quite unexpected, but not surprised.
Dec 21, 2014 4:53 AM

Aug 2013
If they don't relied too much on fanservice and a little more better drawn...

The story itself its good....
Dec 21, 2014 5:38 AM

Sep 2007
Wow.

Well, I wonder if there was some kind of romance between Jill and Embryo (lol).

The revelation about DRAGONs was good one, I'm content that they aren't just meat to defeat.

It was hard to not drop anime after first episodes but now I really enjoy it hahaha (and I'm female so I don't find that fanservice attractive at all).
Dec 21, 2014 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
Nanami said:
Wow.

Well, I wonder if there was some kind of romance between Jill and Embryo (lol).

Well, you know when a villain is badass when he even don't be ashamed of himself to be called Embryo... :)
Dec 21, 2014 5:52 AM

Jul 2008
Ange is gonna lead Libertus no matter what after realising they have been killing their kind all long. It's not too surprising that the Norma are secretly planning a revolt and now we know Villkiss is one of the Ragna-mail.

The Ragna-mail we seen previously attacking the Norma base, I'm betting they knew about the dragon secret. Seeing that they can command dragons and were killing Norma, they are most likely working under Embryo (most likely will die along with Julio) himself which will put Ange and her team in a disadvantage.

I'm only speculating this but Embryo's research to give human magic might be triggering a side effect that transforms them into dragons. True the Norma cannot use magic but it does not change the fact that this effect is passed down from one family to another so all humans and norma are already a ticking timebomb (the walking dead style).

LOL next episode preview > (rescue operation = mass execution) went wrong :P and looks like the god and Ange will meet finally^^ See? Had they improved the animation this episode and filtered out around 60% of the fanservice entirely, this series would have been a big bang :D
ShanaFlameDec 21, 2014 6:00 AM
Dec 21, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
And the plot thickens!
mods are cucks
Dec 21, 2014 6:20 AM
Mar 2014
Rayzer said:

And now the question is how and why there's alternate world/other dimension where the DRAGONS came from?
Well I guess I will find it out in the next episodes. Can't wait to know more next week!

my guess is that the dragon are actually coming from either the near future or the past

also here is my guess on how they turn into DRAGONS, every norma/human has been set with a certain switch that is only triggered by something where they eventually turn into DRAGONS and if they don't turn back immediately the eventually go insane and start killing humans VIA portal and the reason Sala can control the dragons is because the song has a certain power that calms the dragons insanity this is just a VERY wild guess anyway
Dec 21, 2014 6:31 AM
Dec 2014
People use Mana with the cost of a chance of transform to DRAGONS if their heart are not pure.
The Norma cant use Mana, immune to Mana and they will be manipulated to destroy the old world.
The side is reversed, the Mana users, which is being hate get some sympathy for they are just the experimental rats. And people get some warnings about the Norma Libertus who will unhesitating purge this Mana world with flame.
Dec 21, 2014 7:14 AM

Mar 2013
10/10 great episode.
Dec 21, 2014 7:27 AM

Mar 2009
Like this episode and some of the train of thoughts going on in this discussion.

I really want to know who or what the larger types of DRAGONs are?

Dec 21, 2014 7:28 AM

Oct 2008
hpulley said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing during this episode.
Dec 21, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2014
Wow that twist was amazing. The plot has got so much better!
Dec 21, 2014 7:40 AM

Apr 2011
I gotta wonder what kind of relationship does Jill and Embryo have? A love-hate one?

Now we know that Jill aka Alektra is the first Norma born in royal blood, and also the first princess the same with Ange.

Preview shows that they're not rescuing them but purging them. It was easy to spot base on that announcement and Julio on board.
Dec 21, 2014 7:59 AM

May 2013
Wow so the dragons were humans too. That was totally unexpected.
Dec 21, 2014 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't expect that all Dragons are human :O Ange is pissed. More and more development for her ^^

Well finally all the characters have been introduced and while we didn't find out Tusk's relationship with Alektra we at least know a bit about his origins now.

I guess Ange wants to destroy the world even more now XD First step should be killing the hell out of Julio :P
Dec 21, 2014 8:38 AM

May 2014
Embryo must be Lordgenome's long lost brother.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 21, 2014 8:58 AM

Mar 2008
Dragons are humans. This anime gets better & better & no I'm not being sarcastic. Hurry up next week!
Dec 21, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2012
guys pls rate cross ange 10/10 for AOTY 2014
Dec 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
I'm going with the DRAGONs are the offspring of norma and the ancient people theory.

Samurai hime is back next week XD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.