Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2014 9:12 AM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
HentaiPriest said:
For all we know Rin talk/Rin point scene that is missing here may be in the BD.Maybe they thought their relationship in this ep was more important than a power that we see since ep00.So how about we wait the final product?

For newcomers they have done a VERY good job.

^This.

for example, the cut scenes in ep2.

The glass fixing shows clearly how Shirou is fascinated by Rin's magical abilities.

Later when they walk through the park, Shirou is attracted by Rin's beauty.

With these scenes, it is freaking clear that Shirou likes Rin from the start, it is not "subtle" anymore.

And they cut Archer's explanation about boundary field in the TV version. So that will be an asspull when he uses it, I suppose?

That's another problem I have with adaptation

Please put the cooking scenes as BD extras.

As long as we retain CRUCIAL info.
Dec 21, 2014 9:14 AM

Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
HentaiPriest said:
For all we know Rin talk/Rin point scene that is missing here may be in the BD.Maybe they thought their relationship in this ep was more important than a power that we see since ep00.So how about we wait the final product?

For newcomers they have done a VERY good job.

^This.

The glass fixing shows clearly how Shirou is fascinated by Rin's magical abilities.

With these scenes, it is freaking clear that Shirou likes Rin from the start, it is not "subtle" anymore.

And they cut Archer's explanation about boundary field in the TV version. So that will be an asspull when he uses it, I suppose?
Huh? Which Rin point scene was missing?

Aug 2009
StrayBotato said:
chickenonthepan said:

^This.

The projection talk that is missing here is a Rin point.

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

^This.

My point is that all what you wish for may be in the BD.
Dec 21, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
HentaiPriest said:
StrayBotato said:

Yeah, but to be honest, I would pick the neutral choice with Taiga trolling instead. It's more interesting for me.

Rin and Shirou will talk about projection one or two times after this. And in the second cour, they will have plenty of time for the full exposition.

The run time of this ep is pretty limited with 2 more important conversations.
Dec 21, 2014 9:19 AM

May 2011
chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

and that is why i think whe should all wait for the blu-ray AND WAIT FOR THE SHOW TO BE OVER before jumping into conclusion about how UFO is going to mess everything
Dec 21, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
chickenonthepan said:

The exposition about Reality Marble? Not really. It's not like anything in that scene was an indication that Archer

Exposition of that can be there right when it happens.
Dec 21, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

BUt why is it not int he airing version

At worst it feel scummy for them to omit important info just so we buy the BDs
At best it just seems like a bad decision to cut out somthing so important instead of food.
Dec 21, 2014 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
Stop spoiling RM stuff <.<
Dec 21, 2014 9:23 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

At best it just seems like a bad decision to cut out somthing so important instead of food.
But then it wouldn't make sense that the extra scenes people would be excited for are Taiga wiggling her butt at the screen. Can you imagine the disappointment?

Oh wait, it sucks both ways. Better remove the SoL scenes.

Oh wait again, that wouldn't work either.
Dec 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2011
One more to go? Omg.

» Escapism.

Dec 21, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

you are really wrong.

When people watch the show for the first time, especially deep show like FSN, they cannot comprehend all the information. For example, anime-only viewers here on MAL tend to forget pretty important things in the previous episodes, because they have to wait for a week to watch new ones.

So what will decide people will buy it or not? Cool actions, some panderings, etc.

After people but the BD and marathon through it, they will have the full enjoyment of FSN.
Dec 21, 2014 9:27 AM

May 2011
CookingPriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

food is important ! it sustains you !

XD well yeah this is clearly a strange choice for them but who buys the blu-ray i mean i don't i prefer to downl... i mean borrow it to some of my friends who are billionary that can allow himself to pay 400 bucs for it....

damn it's so expensive i could buy a ps4 with it...

Better i could buy a pSvita AND a the VN XD
Dec 21, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

Those scenes would have made the pacing of weekly released series worse than it already is. Bad pacing is more tolerable with BDs because people usually marathon them or at the very least don't wait a week before watching the next epsiode. The food scenes are very short, they don't last more than 10-15 seconds and fit in for introducing an important following scene.

Trust them, they know what they are doing.
Dec 21, 2014 9:30 AM

May 2011
chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

you are really wrong.

When people watch the show for the first time, especially deep show like FSN, they cannot comprehend all the information. For example, anime-only viewers here on MAL tend to forget pretty important things in the previous episodes, because they have to wait for a week to watch new ones.

So what will decide people will buy it or not? Cool actions, some panderings, etc.

After people but the BD and marathon through it, they will have the full enjoyment of FSN.

loool yeah and that is why they released it one week before the second cour like this people won't get a recap ! they will get a full uncut episodes !
Dec 21, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

you are really wrong.

Like watching S***** Island, feel different the second time.
Dec 21, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2007
Did you seriously just suggest that explanations would decrease the pacing MORE than slice of life scenes of people EATING?....
Dec 21, 2014 9:32 AM

Aug 2009
chickenonthepan said:
HentaiPriest said:

Yeah, but to be honest, I would pick the neutral choice with Taiga trolling instead. It's more interesting for me.

Rin and Shirou will talk about projection one or two times after this. And in the second cour, they will have plenty of time for the full exposition.

The run time of this ep is pretty limited with 2 more important conversations.
I know.
CookingPriest said:

Rin Shirou relationship is more important than a power we see since 00.

And the Bd comes out before 2nd cour airs.
Dec 21, 2014 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
Did you seriously just suggest that explanations would decrease the pacing MORE than slice of life scenes of people EATING?....

And that's the best counter argument you can come up with? Repeating with caps like a 12 year old? I really want to agree with your point but your argumentative skills are really poor.

Food scenes that take up what? 10 to 15 seconds at most won't hurt pacing when it comes to scenes that are going to be minutes long. If you can't figure out simple math, then don't bother replying.
Dec 21, 2014 9:35 AM

May 2011
yeah we will get 90 min scenes more that will develop fully the characters ! (wait am i being dishonest in thnking half of it won't be tiger dojo ?)

lol can you imagine that in the tiger dojo bonus they will actually EXPLAIN the plothole or some sort that most of secondaries think there is in FSN ? like for example kuzuki retreating ?
Dec 21, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
I imagine some stuff will be in specials like the Einzbern specials for F/Z.
Dec 21, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2014
StrayBotato said:
I imagine some stuff will be in specials like the Einzbern specials for F/Z.

I don't thinks so.

The Einzbern specials was listed as a content of BD version.

No extra content is listed here. They just say UNCUT version.

Yes, UNCUT, not uncut.
Dec 21, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2013
Kolios said:
It is irrational criticism. Saber was in a fighting stance. Remember, "camera" shots aren't always useless. When Kuzuki says (paraphrasing) : "No, that's enough. Let's retreat", the "camera" shot was focused on Saber in a fighting stance as if she was prepared to counter attack.

And that's exactly why I don't take those criticism seriously. Because they think the only way to convey information in an anime is through spoken words. And that's just false.
Seriously? So when someone asks "Kuzuki demolished Saber (long after he caught her sword and gave her a hit or two), why are they retreating?", you just brush it off with "you missed the camera shot they showed, Saber looked like she has a counterattack, so Kuzuki retreated" and declare that kind of criticism as irrational? If someone heard this explanation, I wouldn't be surprised if they called that a very lame excuse you just made up. Information doesn't have to be solely conveyed through words, on that we agree, but expecting a viewer to see that far is ridiculous.
Dec 21, 2014 9:58 AM

Aug 2009
I am more worried about the lack of All around Type Moon adaptation.
Dec 21, 2014 9:59 AM

May 2011
now that you mention it, they don't say anywhere there will be tiger dojo scene ... we were just making some assumption...

So... are we really expecting 90min more? cause if it's the case we can now call it

Fate/stay night Unlimited Blad Works -Extended Version- in reality directed by Peter Jackson ...
Dec 21, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2007
normalpriest said:
now that you mention it, they don't say anywhere there will be tiger dojo scene ... we were just making some assumption...

So... are we really expecting 90min more? cause if it's the case we can now call it

Fate/stay night Unlimited Blad Works -Extended Version- in reality directed by Peter Jackson ...

Watch the bonus scene be seiba and rin rolling around on futon in pijamas. 90 minutes of it.

Yes I went there, Miura.
Dec 21, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2011
CookingPriest said:
normalpriest said:

Watch the bonus scene be seiba and rin rolling around on futon in pijamas. 90 minutes of it.

Yes I went there, Miura.

loool i mean even if miura put more sol scenes, he took it from the VN... so.... i don't imagine he will add fanservice scene...

◆Blu-ray EXTRAS

・Trailer Collection: Promotional videos

・TV Spot Collection: CM by each character, Release Announcement CM, and more)

・Textless Opening

・Textless Ending

yeah... i don't even know why everybody thought there will be tiger dojo lol

so can we confirm it folks ? 90 min more ?
Because WTF 90 MIN I MEAN... 90 MIN OF NEW SCENES ?!!!
shit if it's the case, why bother put it on the tv, do freaking OVA UFOtable !
Dec 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
CapsuleCore said:
Kolios said:
It is irrational criticism. Saber was in a fighting stance. Remember, "camera" shots aren't always useless. When Kuzuki says (paraphrasing) : "No, that's enough. Let's retreat", the "camera" shot was focused on Saber in a fighting stance as if she was prepared to counter attack.

And that's exactly why I don't take those criticism seriously. Because they think the only way to convey information in an anime is through spoken words. And that's just false.
Seriously? So when someone asks "Kuzuki demolished Saber (long after he caught her sword and gave her a hit or two), why are they retreating?", you just brush it off with "you missed the camera shot they showed, Saber looked like she has a counterattack, so Kuzuki retreated" and declare that kind of criticism as irrational? If someone heard this explanation, I wouldn't be surprised if they called that a very lame excuse you just made up. Information doesn't have to be solely conveyed through words, on that we agree, but expecting a viewer to see that far is ridiculous.

See that far? That's funny. When the "camera" shot is there for about 3 seconds, it's not seeing that far. Stop underestimating most people. Sure some people miss that, but it could just be for many reasons. Were they looking away? were they thinking about something else? were they feeling down because of RL issues? were they so chilled by the fights they just saw? They are plenty of reasons why they'll miss something obvious.

And it's not a "lame excuse". Rin said in words that Kuzuki had the element of surprise when it comes to his fight with Saber. Then, when Saber is shown in a fighting stance after striking and a guy who-looks-like-he-knows-what-he's doing says to retreat while the camera is showing Saber in that stance, those people wouldn't connect the obvious dots? Come on. If they didn't miss anything, that's on them for not being able to do simple logic.
CyberNTDec 21, 2014 10:08 AM
Dec 21, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
normalpriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Yes I went there, Miura.

loool i mean even if miura put more sol scenes, he took it from the VN... so.... i don't imagine he will add fanservice scene...

◆Blu-ray EXTRAS

・Trailer Collection: Promotional videos

・TV Spot Collection: CM by each character, Release Announcement CM, and more)

・Textless Opening

・Textless Ending

yeah... i don't even know why everybody thought there will be tiger dojo lol

so can we confirm it folks ? 90 min more ?
Because WTF 90 MIN I MEAN... 90 MIN OF NEW SCENES ?!!!
shit if it's the case, why bother put it on the tv, do freaking OVA UFOtable !

Priest x Blond guy date and drinking wine : 20 min
Shinji crying, falling and running to Church: 70 min
Dec 21, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2011
loooool am i the only one thinking 90 min more is huge and totaly ridiculous ?!
Dec 21, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2007
normalpriest said:

Not really. WE know that the removed scenes in prologue ep (the rin talk with archer) is around 3 to 4 minutes and that there are two to three scenes per episode removed

Its easy to see that.
Dec 21, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
normalpriest said:
Yes because I find it awesome.
Dec 21, 2014 10:20 AM

Nov 2014
God damn Kolios, I wish I had been here to back you up. Fighting the good fight alone is never fun.

Dec 21, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2013
Hey I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out each episode is 30 minutes long. They're probably trying to show as much as they can, proof being giving us 3 hour long episodes so far. But I won't be disappointed if that isn't the case either.

Well, if it IS the case, then I expect 6 two-hour long movies for HF. At least.
Dec 21, 2014 10:24 AM

Dec 2014
Kenchiin said:
One more to go? Omg.

Wha? There taking a break?

via Imgflip GIF Maker
Dammit! So I guess we're looking at an hour long episode, huh?
Oh, well....On the bright side, this means I'll have time to watch Fate/Zero and I get to watch a new episode on my birthday!

Dec 21, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
why would ANYONE watch Zero before heaven's feel?....
Dec 21, 2014 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
SwordHand said:
God damn Kolios, I wish I had been here to back you up. Fighting the good fight alone is never fun.

I like going easy. 2 would be too much.

CookingPriest said:

Because Zero is mature (no highschool setting), edgy and grimdark /s
Dec 21, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2011
HentaiPriest said:
normalpriest said:
Yes because I find it awesome.

by ridiculous i mean ridiculously awesome, it's great.
Dec 21, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:

I did (F/Z was my entry to the franchise), and it doesn't spoil the experience as much as you think it does. Instead, the loss of shock factor during some scenes is replaced by anticipation of those scenes. Obviously HF should ideally be watched before F/Z, but if some REALLY want to do it the other way, then it won't ruin even a quarter of the experience as long as they're aware of what they're doing.
Dec 21, 2014 10:39 AM

Nov 2013
ZeroDragon said:
CookingPriest said:

I did (F/Z was my entry to the franchise), and it doesn't spoil the experience as much as you think it does. Instead, the loss of shock factor during some scenes is replaced by anticipation of those scenes. Obviously HF should ideally be watched before F/Z, but if some REALLY want to do it the other way, then it won't ruin even a quarter of the experience as long as they're aware of what they're doing.
As long as they don't complain that HF has a lot of pointless F/Z recaps, then by all means do what you want.
Dec 21, 2014 10:44 AM

Sep 2014
ZeroDragon said:
CookingPriest said:

I can't emphasize this enough. Watching F/Z certainly changes the experience of doing HF, but it isn't necessarily ruined. It is still much safer to view in the intended order, but I was not disappointed with HF at all, despite seeing F/Z first.
Dec 21, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
Zero still leaves you confused as fuck that way since it is clearly expecting you to know the backstory and the show.
And most of stuff in UBW and HF lose their impact. Sure you can anticipate shit then, but the stuff that happens loses its impact.
Dec 21, 2014 10:51 AM

Nov 2014
If the demographics for anime viewers bares any semblance to that of humanity in general, then your average anime viewer is a chump. Even the viewers that can piece things together might make minor mistakes. This would be true even if the adaptation was closer to source material. (I won't claim to have understood everything there is to know about FSN on the first playthrough, but if any of you did, good on you.)

I see most of you have acknowledged the existence of a loud minority/response bias. I have something to add upon that. In forums like these, where shitstorms take place as often as the sun rises, there are in fact many newcomers singing praises about the show. But what happens to them? Most of them are largely ignored. I'm not sure what all of this implies, but perhaps the loud minority also works to drown out the majority.

I'm not too sure myself which is the majority or minority.

A lot of the controversial opinions around here are dealt with akin to how secondary spew is dealt with. Not all of it, but there had been a lot of needless antagonism judging from the discussion that took place. I'm pretty sure if Kolios sticks around, he'll turn out to be not as much of a chump as you guys think he is.

Dec 21, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
My opinion as an anime-only viewer is that F/SN is a subtle series, maybe even a bit too much.
If you pay attention to characters expressions, camera shots and subtle meaning in the dialogue you can feel something bigger is underneath the "shounen-like" surface. I don't know exactly what, but it works to keep me interested (perhaps because I watched Zero first). In comparison, Fate/Zero was much more explicit with it's themes, at least comparing both animes up until the end of the first cour, which might work out better for people who never had any contact with the Fate series.
So far, my impressions are that, as a standalone series, F/Z worked much better, while I enjoy F/SN better, because of previous knowledge obtained from Zero. If I hadn't watched Zero before, I would probably find the subetly in this adaptation too confusing or I would have missed it completely.
Dec 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
Lacertoss said:
My opinion as an anime-only viewer is that F/SN is a subtle series, maybe even a bit too much.
If you pay attention to characters expressions, camera shots subtle meaning in the dialogue you can feel something bigger is underneath the "shounen-like" surface. I don't know exactly what, but it works to keep me interested (perhaps because I watched Zero first). In comparison, Fate/Zero was much more explicit with it's themes, at least comparing both animes up until the end of the first cour, which might work out better for people who never had any contact with the Fate series.
So far, my impressions are that, as a standalone series, F/Z worked much better, while I enjoy F/SN better, because of previous knowledge obtained from Zero. If I hadn't watched Zero before, I would probably find the subetly in this adaptation too confusing or I would have missed it completely.

I'm not sure if the order matters in this case. Were you confused during your first watch of Zero?

Imagine if you had watched UBW first. Wouldn't you have a better understanding of Zero because of it? The people around here are just asserting that the Unlimited Blade Works series is a better place to start off with because

1. It is arguably the better progression
2. It's more natural

Dec 21, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Zero still leaves you confused as fuck that way since it is clearly expecting you to know the backstory and the show.
And most of stuff in UBW and HF lose their impact. Sure you can anticipate shit then, but the stuff that happens loses its impact.

I was not confused as fuck after Zero. Thanks.

UBW lost almost no impact for me, since it mainly deals with things that Zero didn't. Now, as for HF, like I just said, it is different, but not necessarily ruined. I wasn't disappointed. HF is a great route.
Dec 21, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
SwordHand said:
Lacertoss said:
If you pay attention to characters expressions, camera shots subtle meaning in the dialogue you can feel something bigger is underneath the "shounen-like" surface. I don't know exactly what, but it works to keep me interested (perhaps because I watched Zero first). In comparison, Fate/Zero was much more explicit with it's themes, at least comparing both animes up until the end of the first cour, which might work out better for people who never had any contact with the Fate series.

I'm not sure if the order matters in this case. Were you confused during your first watch of Zero?

Imagine if you had watched UBW first. Wouldn't you have a better understanding of Zero because of it?

Probably. But I expressed myself badly. My main point wasn't that it would be confusing, but that, without previous knowledge, the subetly might be missed out by a lot of people who are not searching for it.
And I was not (overly) confused after watching Zero.
Dec 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
SwordHand said:
Lacertoss said:

Imagine if you had watched UBW first. Wouldn't you have a better understanding of Zero because of it? The people around here are just asserting that the Unlimited Blade Works series is a better place to start off with because

1. It is arguably the better progression
2. It's more natural

I say for the people who have not read the Fate arc of VN and don't intend to, watching F/Z before UBW would be better. UBW route does expect some familiarity with the characters after all.

It's a shame so many people these days don't like reading.
Dec 21, 2014 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
Lacertoss said:
SwordHand said:

Imagine if you had watched UBW first. Wouldn't you have a better understanding of Zero because of it?

Probably. But I expressed myself badly. My main point wasn't that it would be confusing, but that, without previous knowledge, the subetly might be missed out by a lot of people who are not searching for it.
And I was not (overly) confused after watching Zero.

Ah, I see. I can't claim to understand your viewpoint since I haven't experienced it myself but...

It's the general consensus that experiencing 1 part of fate won't allow you to understand the universe as a whole. Even after finishing the 5th Holy Grail War in this show, you probably won't understand a significant chunk of it because of the absence of the Fate and HF stories.

I didn't get the subtlety of UBW the first time through either. The subsequent re-readings helped a lot because of the accumulated knowledge, and it helped me appreciate it much more afterwards.

To address your point, I think you'll discover that some viewers will NEVER notice the subtleties because they're loath to explore the series in-depth. I'm okay with people coming from Zero as long as they continue to experience the Fate series because they bring a fresh point of view to an otherwise non-diverse consensus we have here. (There's a lot of circle-jerking going on amongst previous fans. I probably took part in some of it.)

Dec 21, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:

When I first watched F/Z, I didn't feel like I was missing anything since it gives newcomers just enough information to understand what's going on. However when I rewatched it after reading the VN, I realized how many references went over my head. But either way, as a newcomer the only part I was somewhat confused about was the ending and the full details of the true nature of the Holy Grail. Overall, it does an amazing job of feeling standalone and is very accessible to newcomers. It's just that watching it with F/SN knowledge enhances the experience for obvious reasons and naturally that's why I recommend HF before F/Z. But, the stuff in UBW and HF didn't lose too much of their impact. I was still getting mindfucked by HF despite knowing some particular twists. It's a different experience, but hardly a ruined one. I understand that people I can't convince you, but people like Angry and I exist as examples of why crying end of the world when someone watches F/Z before HF is much too overblown.
Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

708 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.