Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion


Dec 20, 2014 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
Still, UBW is great for the characters involved in the f/sn not f/z because f/sn came out before. F/sn wasn't designed to complement f/z it's the other way around. You can't expect UBW to be tied into f/z.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 1499
CapsuleCore said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

I have to agree with you there, HF is the clear and only real sequel to Fate/Zero. UBW really falls short and doesn't go into any of the complex and interesting themes raised in F/Z. Disappointment is the only word for this show :'(
FSN is retroactively following up Fate/Zero. None of the three routes manage to do it alone.


Yeah, yeah, I get that in a way each route is the sequel as a whole, but in terms of carrying over and continuing the themes from F/Z, HF stands head and shoulders over Fate or UBW.

It's no surprise that HF is also the best in terms of quality compared to Fate or UBW, since it delves into the these themes that made F/Z so great.
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
Its funny you say that, if people are complaining about UBWs SoL scenes things will be a lot worse for HF.
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17182
Archer just had to spoil his semi-nice guy moment.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 1499
RedRoseFring said:
Archer just had to spoil his semi-nice guy moment.


Great, you're here RedRoseFring! Back me up on this argument.
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 807
TrueKireiPriest said:
RedRoseFring said:
Archer just had to spoil his semi-nice guy moment.


Great, you're here RedRoseFring! Back me up on this argument.


LOL. This is the sequel we were all waiting for.


 
Dec 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
I really don't get why people say f/z was so great. Yeah it was pretty good but the entirety of f/sn was better.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2431
SwordHand said:
TrueKireiPriest said:


Great, you're here RedRoseFring! Back me up on this argument.


LOL. This is the sequel we were all waiting for.


Now we just need nocorras...

I have my glass ready.

 
Dec 20, 2014 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
Raziel1991 said:
Its funny you say that, if people are complaining about UBWs SoL scenes things will be a lot worse for HF.

Well, I sure know that H/F's slice of life scenes were the only ones I truly enjoyed mostly because Sakura's my favorite girl and because
so I cannot objectively argue against that due to having inherent bias.

StrayBotato said:
ijuka said:

Well, I sure know that H/F's slice of life scenes were the only ones I truly enjoyed mostly because Sakura's my favorite girl and because
so I cannot objectively argue against that due to having inherent bias.
I could have sworn you were shitting on the SoL in HF just last week tho...

Hmm. It's possible. Re-reading the entire thing helps.
Modified by ijuka, Dec 20, 2014 1:51 PM
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21896
ijuka said:
Raziel1991 said:
Its funny you say that, if people are complaining about UBWs SoL scenes things will be a lot worse for HF.

Well, I sure know that H/F's slice of life scenes were the only ones I truly enjoyed mostly because Sakura's my favorite girl and because
so I cannot objectively argue against that due to having inherent bias.
I could have sworn you were shitting on the SoL in HF just last week tho...
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9025
silverwalls said:
archer looked very delicious in this scene. c:


Delicious

*slurp*
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 84
WrongPriest said:
Dream95 said:
where are you guys watching this? not up at the site I usually go to soo...


We're japanese
and from the Dark Side.
 
Dec 20, 2014 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9025
Ufo doesn't fail to disappoint, sleeping seiba!




Not enough aachaa dammit >n<
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
Well the general forum has become a mess again. Enjoy some sleeping Saber while we wait for it to blow over:


Damn, got completely sniped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 285
soundscape said:

For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes.


Are you an HxH fan? Most of the characters that people find interesting in characterization didn't get really interesting until the end of their arcs. Gon started getting interesting later in chimera and Meruem about mid to mid-end of the arc.

You said you liked Fate Zero but the big main characters didn't get interesting until the second cour.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 285
black1blade said:
I really don't get why people say f/z was so great. Yeah it was pretty good but the entirety of f/sn was better.


It's because Fate Zero is grimdark, edgy and SERIOUS. Fate stay night lacks manchildren and has scenes in highschool.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2529
Man the SOL scenes sure make me want to take a nap... it was hard to get through this episode compared to the last few.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9025
This overreaction tho...

The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
Kolios said:
soundscape said:

For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes.


Are you an HxH fan? Most of the characters that people find interesting in characterization didn't get really interesting until the end of their arcs. Gon started getting interesting later in chimera and Meruem about mid to mid-end of the arc.

You said you liked Fate Zero but the big main characters didn't get interesting until the second cour.

Personally, I loved HxH. Something that this series could really use is that third party narrator that narrated some characters' thoughts from time to time. It really added a lot of what is missing from this.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 807
mira-lala said:
This overreaction tho...



He's been taking drama lessons from Taiga.


 
Dec 20, 2014 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
Kolios said:
black1blade said:
I really don't get why people say f/z was so great. Yeah it was pretty good but the entirety of f/sn was better.


It's because Fate Zero is grimdark, edgy and SERIOUS. Fate stay night lacks manchildren and has scenes in highschool.

Yeah. That's why you should just concentrate on other things during the "preparation" routes.

The next episode should be better, at least judging by that episode preview.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9025
SwordHand said:
mira-lala said:
This overreaction tho...



He's been taking drama lessons from Taiga.


And Shitji XD
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
Kolios said:
black1blade said:
I really don't get why people say f/z was so great. Yeah it was pretty good but the entirety of f/sn was better.


It's because Fate Zero is grimdark, edgy and SERIOUS. Fate stay night lacks manchildren and has scenes in highschool.

I remember being really shocked that humans can be absorbed for mana when watching the deenanime after f/z. That never comes up in f/z. I am looking forward to seeing fate/zero again now that I've finished the visual novel though.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
Dark=/=good and I like dark shows but it doesn't make something that has high school in it immature.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
Kolios said:
soundscape said:

For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes.


Are you an HxH fan? Most of the characters that people find interesting in characterization didn't get really interesting until the end of their arcs. Gon started getting interesting later in chimera and Meruem about mid to mid-end of the arc.

You said you liked Fate Zero but the big main characters didn't get interesting until the second cour.


Why do you bring other series into this? It's totally irrelevant.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
ijuka said:
Kolios said:


It's because Fate Zero is grimdark, edgy and SERIOUS. Fate stay night lacks manchildren and has scenes in highschool.

Yeah. That's why you should just concentrate on other things during the "preparation" routes.

The next episode should be better, at least judging by that episode preview.


I will really appreciate it if you keep your opinion to yourself. If you want to discuss, go to the general discussion thread.

Don't spout bullshit here.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4590
mira-lala said:
SwordHand said:


He's been taking drama lessons from Taiga.


And Shitji XD

shitji best teacher.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 563
TrueKireiPriest said:
ijuka said:

For continuation from F/Z, Heaven's Feel is the way to go. UBW just has some of these things that you can focus on but I consider it to practically be a side story.

UBW standalone I'd rate as 7/10 or 7.5/10 and I can see your enjoyment being worse if you did watch F/Z before, and the reason is because you have such expectations and comparison point. If you had just started watching this with no expectations like that, your comparison would be perhaps your daily life instead and everything might seem awesome.

I have to agree with you there, HF is the clear and only real sequel to Fate/Zero. UBW really falls short and doesn't go into any of the complex and interesting themes raised in F/Z. Disappointment is the only word for this show :'(
There are many things that one can critique F/sn for when comparing it to Zero but its thematic depth isn't one of them. UBW in particular goes far more in depth with its dive into idealism than Zero does.
Modified by ahncgj21, Dec 20, 2014 2:17 PM
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 718
ijuka said:

Yeah. That's why you should just concentrate on other things during the "preparation" routes.

The next episode should be better, at least judging by that episode preview.


Preach it brotha. Heaven's feel for life <3 Sakura best girl
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
LitzSabr said:
ijuka said:

Yeah. That's why you should just concentrate on other things during the "preparation" routes.

The next episode should be better, at least judging by that episode preview.


Preach it brotha. Heaven's feel for life <3 Sakura best girl

Serious or not, I shall rejoice.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 247
The pace is very slow. Saber does look like a secondary character so far. Hopefully we ll get more explanations soon, there are quite a few events/dialogues that don't make any sense.

I prefer the other version/route even though this one is better animated. I havent seen the VN btw.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
TheDodo said:
The pace is very slow. Saber does look like a secondary character so far. Hopefully we ll get more explanations soon, there are quite a few events/dialogues that don't make any sense.

I prefer the other version/route even though this one is better animated. I havent seen the VN btw.

She's a secondary character, it's Rin's route after all. Well, that's wrong. She's still a main character but just her role isn't nearly as large due to obvious reasons.

The next episode is where it should become slightly better.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
TheDodo said:
The pace is very slow. Saber does look like a secondary character so far. Hopefully we ll get more explanations soon, there are quite a few events/dialogues that don't make any sense.

I prefer the other version/route even though this one is better animated. I havent seen the VN btw.


Saber is a side character in this route. So yeah she has to look like one.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 59
Good episode. The ship is sailing, those teenagers.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
mira-lala said:
SwordHand said:


He's been taking drama lessons from Taiga.


And Shitji XD


More like, he has been taking lessons from Rin, since its nigh identical to the shit she did in EP2.

TheDodo said:
The pace is very slow. Saber does look like a secondary character so far. Hopefully we ll get more explanations soon, there are quite a few events/dialogues that don't make any sense.

I prefer the other version/route even though this one is better animated. I havent seen the VN btw.


Saber IS secondary character.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4590
CapsuleCore said:

Even if you already got most of it apparently, you really should just give it a try, if you have enough time. You're still missing out on a lot of scenes. The route is pretty short, so you should be done with it very quickly.

i will consider it, but i still but UBW and HF are, as i said, more important.

now, let me return to Kara no Kyoukai,
which apparently, i started with the wrong movie (2nd), since someone told me to watch in chronological order and not release order, but after some research it seems i should have started with movie 1 first.
Now to watch movie 1 :D
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9025
CookingPriest said:
mira-lala said:


And Shitji XD


More like, he has been taking lessons from Rin, since its nigh identical to the shit she did in EP2.
It's Shinji. Get over it. =3
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 317
Some really good Rin Moments here



Modified by MagicalMeido, Dec 20, 2014 2:32 PM
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9025
Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

Even if you already got most of it apparently, you really should just give it a try, if you have enough time. You're still missing out on a lot of scenes. The route is pretty short, so you should be done with it very quickly.

i will consider it, but i still but UBW and HF are, as i said, more important.

now, let me return to Kara no Kyoukai,
which apparently, i started with the wrong movie (2nd), since someone told me to watch in chronological order and not release order, but after some research it seems i should have started with movie 1 first.
Now to watch movie 1 :D


Actually, Fate is the most important route. In turns of expo, and intros. You won't get the VN at all if you didn't have Fate route. And you wouldn't get Shirou's character either. You wouldn't see how he grew in UBW no HF. You won't know what rules are broken in the next two routes, e.t.c
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4590
mira-lala said:
Actually, Fate is the most important route. In turns of expo, and intros. You won't get the VN at all if you didn't have Fate route. And you wouldn't get Shirou's character either. You wouldn't see how he grew in UBW no HF. You won't know what rules are broken in the next two routes, e.t.c

Shrimperor said:

The thing is, i already know much about fate (shitty manga, some deen, ending, TM-wiki, Fanfiction, and by that i mean a lot of FF, etc..), And i am not really fond of Fate's Shirou, even if i know that that is probably due to poisoning.
That's why i am not really interested in Fate route right now imo, and i find reading UBW and HF much more appealing.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
Well, yeah, Fate's rather necessary as an introduction. Saying it's the most important though... Let's not get into that.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
Plus no Fate = no Sieba development

=(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8090
Robots aren't necessary to enjoy a story
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
Shrimperor said:
mira-lala said:
Actually, Fate is the most important route. In turns of expo, and intros. You won't get the VN at all if you didn't have Fate route. And you wouldn't get Shirou's character either. You wouldn't see how he grew in UBW no HF. You won't know what rules are broken in the next two routes, e.t.c

Shrimperor said:

The thing is, i already know much about fate (shitty manga, some deen, ending, TM-wiki, Fanfiction, and by that i mean a lot of FF, etc..), And i am not really fond of Fate's Shirou, even if i know that that is probably due to poisoning.
That's why i am not really interested in Fate route right now imo, and i find reading UBW and HF much more appealing.
Fate Shirou in the VN is still annoying but better than in Deenpoisoned stuffs. What I'd do, is skim through most of the Fate part of the VN while slowing down for some interesting-seeming explanation scenes and such... But if you already know the outline of what's going to happen, it's going to be a complete pain to read through it and I know I wouldn't be able to. But you should at least skim through it.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 652
Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

Even if you already got most of it apparently, you really should just give it a try, if you have enough time. You're still missing out on a lot of scenes. The route is pretty short, so you should be done with it very quickly.

i will consider it, but i still but UBW and HF are, as i said, more important.

now, let me return to Kara no Kyoukai,
which apparently, i started with the wrong movie (2nd), since someone told me to watch in chronological order and not release order, but after some research it seems i should have started with movie 1 first.
Now to watch movie 1 :D


Who the F*CK told you to watch it in chronological order, cause if i see him i will tear him apart ! i mean is movie 1 movie 2 etc... are not enough obvious ?!

Like every other people telling to watch Fate in Bullcrap chronological order...

lol they should wait for the HF movie to come then try to watch the two series simultaneously day by day in parralelle timeline and it will true crhonoligally watching...
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Fate is important to understand UBW
Fate is important for HF to make any sort of emotional resonance with reader/viewer.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5523
Praland said:
Robots aren't necessary to enjoy a story


I'll lay off the Sakura bashing, but you gotta lay off the Saber bashing >:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 34073
Too much battle shounen talk from Shirou. Needs more shit to blow up

 
Dec 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 652
Zeally said:
Too much battle shounen talk from Shirou. Needs more shit to blow up


yeah let's go naruto !
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 285
ijuka said:
Kolios said:


Are you an HxH fan? Most of the characters that people find interesting in characterization didn't get really interesting until the end of their arcs. Gon started getting interesting later in chimera and Meruem about mid to mid-end of the arc.

You said you liked Fate Zero but the big main characters didn't get interesting until the second cour.

Personally, I loved HxH. Something that this series could really use is that third party narrator that narrated some characters' thoughts from time to time. It really added a lot of what is missing from this.


A third party narrator to tell the viewers the obvious and repeat verbatim what the characters said? No thanks.
 
Top
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »