Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2014 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads. Example: UBW General Discussion
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated.

For more information see also the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taiga <3

The episode was kinda silly in the first half. Wait, Rin is going to stay with Shirou from now on? That's quite a development. Rin a cutie:

Definitely felt like she and Shiro got a bit closer this episode.
TyrelDec 20, 2014 3:32 PM
Dec 20, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
y123y said:
When you say "stay with Shirou", you mean shes going to live at Shirou's house?

It's more like she comes to stay over at his house so I guess.
Dec 20, 2014 7:24 AM

Oct 2010
FOOD STAY NIGHT!~

Rin was so lewd this ep! Dat wink.. episode 10/10
Dec 20, 2014 7:25 AM

Sep 2014
Shirou's so cute when he's in love~<3

Ideal talk

We need more Archer! ;_;
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 20, 2014 7:26 AM

May 2014
Pretty much as expected, I now believe in UFO's abilities to handle the power that is Taiga.. I leave her in your hands.

I'll need subs to elaborate on the important parts, but they felt right.
Dec 20, 2014 7:26 AM

Jul 2007
As expected Ufotable adapted it decently but yet again did not manage to do it properly(ex: Shirou/Rin yet again had TOhsaka as way too active and Shirou as way too passive than in VN, Rin talk lacked the power it had in VN and Archer's talk at the end also was underwhelmingly handled, also no everpresent feeling so thats insta -2).

7/10 for episode.
Dec 20, 2014 7:28 AM

Mar 2011
There was no talk about projection magic, correct?
Dec 20, 2014 7:30 AM

Oct 2014
Raziel1991 said:

There was that talk between Archer and Shirou that at least had indirectly something to do with it. The talk between them actually seemed to be longer than I can remember from the VN. Did they add in bits from Fate route, or do I just remember wrong?
Dec 20, 2014 7:31 AM

Jul 2007
Raziel1991 said:

Yeah, most of exposition and explanations removed...again.

romcom bullshit adapted 100% as expected of Miura tho.
Dec 20, 2014 7:41 AM

Apr 2010
Hyack said:
FOOD STAY NIGHT!~

Rin was so lewd this ep! Dat wink.. episode 10/10

Unlimited Kitchen Works.
Dec 20, 2014 7:43 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the episode, though I'm way more excited for next week's. Still, it was pretty entertaining (as always, really liked Rin's expressions). Won't comment on the missing projection scene until I know if they'll include it in the BD, though you'd think such talk would be on the broadcast version too. Also, I was expecting they'd show Saber's troubled face in the Archer scene with him trash talking Shirou's ideal as well? Kinda disappointed they didn't, but I can live with it.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Dec 20, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Oooh, so we have another break episode here. Rin and Shirou are getting closer, Archer being as lovably cynical as always, and it seems like Taiga will always be Taiga~

Dec 20, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
2/5

More cooking kiddie romance garbage.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 20, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
where are you guys watching this? not up at the site I usually go to soo...
Dec 20, 2014 8:31 AM

Mar 2011
BloodRequiem said:
2/5

More cooking kiddie romance garbage.

So true, I dont understand how this shitty harem animu for horny teens has such a high score.
Dec 20, 2014 8:37 AM

May 2014
Dream95 said:

We're japanese
Dec 20, 2014 8:48 AM

Aug 2010
Dem Rin faces :3 Fun as always <3 And she's finally wearing her Red&Black :D

Taiga getting owned was nice to see XD Lols

Shiro vs Archer Ideals talk was nice. Archer shitting on his ideals like that. Liked the Magic circuit opening scene. Shirou power up obtained ^^

I wonder how much of nxt ep will be the
Dec 20, 2014 8:55 AM

Apr 2012
this is becoming epic

next episode will be 1 hr long

Dream95 said:
Japanese airing or Chinese (licensed) subs, which usually come out faster than English as well.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
Dec 20, 2014 9:00 AM

Oct 2014
Not a bad spot to end imo, just hope it isn't rushed.
Dec 20, 2014 9:01 AM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
Not a bad spot to end imo, just hope it isn't rushed.
The first of the two main parts of the day isn't that long especially if they animate only its last part.
Dec 20, 2014 9:02 AM

Sep 2013
Best part was this:

Oops, I mean this:

Dec 20, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2012
HentaiPriest said:
So next ep will reach the rooftop scene

That's what I was thinking as soon as they announced the 45 min episode
Dec 20, 2014 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
Dec 20, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:

Sorry, still not seeing how they would reach that, unless ufotable grisaia's Shirou/Rin character/pairing development
Dec 20, 2014 9:12 AM

May 2009
CookingPriest said:
HentaiPriest said:

Sorry, still not seeing how they would reach that, unless ufotable grisaia's Shirou/Rin character/pairing development
It was in the preview for next episode.
Dec 20, 2014 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
stAtic91 said:
CookingPriest said:

It was in the preview for next episode.

Well, fuck....

Time for disappointing rush-job.
Dec 20, 2014 9:13 AM

May 2014
^Let's not do this here, I've moved it to general.
Dec 20, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 2010
CookingPriest said:
As expected Ufotable adapted it decently but yet again did not manage to do it properly(ex: Shirou/Rin yet again had TOhsaka as way too active and Shirou as way too passive than in VN, Rin talk lacked the power it had in VN and Archer's talk at the end also was underwhelmingly handled, also no everpresent feeling so thats insta -2).

7/10 for episode.
Your nitpicking is hilarious, just play the VN again if you're that bothered.
Dec 20, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
boring

nothing happened
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Dec 20, 2014 9:27 AM

May 2012
amare135 said:
CookingPriest said:

7/10 for episode.

Just ignore him, thats what we do
Dec 20, 2014 9:31 AM

Jul 2007
amare135 said:
CookingPriest said:

7/10 for episode.

Yes, expecting a decent adaptation is nitpicking. Suure.
Dec 20, 2014 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
Kamipriest said:
amare135 said:

Just ignore him, thats what we do
Not so easy when someone keeps poking you with a "thats how I want it" stick.
Dec 20, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
amare135 said:

> Implying this isn't a decent adaptation.

Not perfect word-for-word adaptation =/= not decent.
Dec 20, 2014 9:35 AM

Dec 2010
CookingPriest said:
amare135 said:

This is a decent adaptation, are you serious? This is an anime, not a visual novel. The mediums work different. The anime is already slow as fuck, adding a ton of monologues will only drag it out longer and bore everyone to tears. Visual Novels are hard to adapt into anime, it won't get any better than this.
Dec 20, 2014 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
StrayBotato said:
CookingPriest said:

> Implying this isn't a decent adaptation.

Not perfect word-for-word adaptation =/= not decent.

This adaptation is great fanservice for VN readers. that's pretty much all it is so far.
Dec 20, 2014 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
But what you are doing is bitching about not having enough fanservice for fanatic VN readers....
Dec 20, 2014 9:40 AM

Nov 2013
HentaiPriest said:
But what you are doing is bitching about not having enough fanservice for fanatic VN readers....
Pretty much this <.<

Seriously, I'm not going to discuss this any further..
Dec 20, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:

No I am bitching about it pretty much being jut fanservice.

This is inaccessible for new viewers. AT all. Exposition has been cut, foreshadowing has been cut, character development has been cut. You pretty much need the VN to interpret the characters and otherwise you can jut be in awe of fights and explosions.

So yeah, from now on I will just recommend people to read the VN before watching this.

UFOFSN so far is adapted on the level of A1's SAO1 - in that unless you have read VN, everything will seem far more shallow than it is.
Dec 20, 2014 9:44 AM

Mar 2011
The lack of projection talk is a big problem though. In fact if I remember correctly right before Saber entered the shed Shirou has a small monologue about projection and it looks like they skipped it.
Dec 20, 2014 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
HentaiPriest said:

This is inaccessible for new viewers. AT all. Exposition has been cut, foreshadowing has been cut, character development has been cut. You pretty much need the VN to interpret the characters and otherwise you can jut be in awe of fights and explosions.

So yeah, from now on I will just recommend people to read the VN before watching this.

UFOFSN so far is adapted on the level of A1's SAO1 - in that unless you have read VN, everything will seem far more shallow than it is.

You heard it hear folks.FSN 2014 is a piece of crap that makes no sense unless if you have the VN guide next to you.

Someone takes bitching about lack of fanservice directed at him a little too far.
Raziel1991 said:
The lack of projection talk is a big problem though. In fact if I remember correctly right before Saber entered the shed Shirou has a small monologue about projection and it looks like they skipped it.
But that deosnt make it a bad adaptation that doesn't make sense.
Dec 20, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

You heard it hear folks.FSN 2014 is a piece of crap that makes no sense unless if you have the VN guide next to you.

Someone takes bitching about lack of fanservice directed at him a little too far.

Except I did not ay that, please stop trying to bullshit your own words into my mouth.

You take any criticism as personal offense, do you?

What I said is that FSN seems like a typical action show with decent characters unless you have a VN to show you jut how deep and complex it all is.
Dec 20, 2014 9:47 AM

May 2014
Don't have this argument in two separate threads you coons.

Take it outside.
Dec 20, 2014 9:51 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
HentaiPriest said:

Except I did not ay that, please stop trying to bullshit your own words into my mouth.

What I said is that FSN seems like a typical action show with decent characters unless you have a VN to show you jut how deep and complex it all is.
CookingPriest said:
HentaiPriest said:

So all that means that the adaptation is good?Okay....
Dec 20, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

CookingPriest said:

So all that means that the adaptation is good?Okay....

I already said the adaptation is "just decent". If you were not blinded by fanbias, you would have seen it
Dec 20, 2014 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
Why don't you quote him in the General Discussion thread, instead of this thread?

Rin's skirt looks too short. Big fail, ufotable. I am disappoint.
Dec 20, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
I think you should look up the definition of the word decent.Decent =/="This is inaccessible for new viewers. AT all. Exposition has been cut, foreshadowing has been cut, character development has been cut. You pretty much need the VN to interpret the characters"

I cant see it because I lack you huge fanbias.
Dec 20, 2014 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
Hmmm I liked Archer's speech at the end.
Dec 20, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:
I think you should look up the definition of the word decent.Decent =/="This is inaccessible for new viewers. AT all. Exposition has been cut, foreshadowing has been cut, character development has been cut. You pretty much need the VN to interpret the characters"

I cant see it because I lack you huge fanbias.

The depths of FSN's complexity and story and characters ARE inaccessible to the new viewers. It is still a decent show with lots of action.
Dec 20, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2011
To be fair, I personally think that saying its a bad adaption is an exaggeration. Its overall a pretty good adaption but it still could have been better.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

708 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.