Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 2, 2016 5:14 AM
Jun 2014
What the heck was this? Sou never loved Kaori, but still he dedicated his life to curing her condition. At the end, did he come to love her or was he just eternally glad to get his friend back? Such a shitty ending. Not to mention i felt i saw the anime 3 times through 12 episodes.
Jan 10, 2016 5:54 PM

Mar 2014
the ending is very lackbuster...

I really loved EP9 and the first half of EP10 (like how all this ends with the creation of Yui, since Yui's debut is already clear that was time travel but no as an artificial human and about the ghosts....even if never explain the cube's origin, it was fine for me that), that Yui finnally managed saved Kaori by accidentally make Sou fell love for her feel wrong for me (to me Yui is like Sou's child...an artificial child, so make fell love to your father to save the girl is weird...well for me of course....even remember the early episodes that kaori asked that question to yui and she replied that is a father to her....so incest that at the same is not incest really but lol).

Airi was the most badass character of the series and what she got? being friendzoned in every time & space :(

the ending should had being better made, such wasted minutes....

7/10, would give a 6/10 since dissaponiting at the end but really like mentioned before EP9-EP10 and the little details fun to watch during the second rewind of the days (hum but I hate Kaori's personality, no have doubt why the destiny love kill her in 1000 ways lol).

....oh! and the opening's song, reminds me to Umineko (and other anime but no remember exactly which one),but a the same time feels so unique.
Feb 4, 2016 7:41 PM
Oct 2009
I feel so sad for yui... :(
Feb 17, 2016 12:49 AM
Jun 2015
Everybody seems to forget a critical point.. a part of Kaori was transfered to Yui when she was created and I believe only her love for Sou was merged. In the end, when Sou meet Kaori again, I believe both timeline have merged back together thus making Yui and Kaori one.
Mar 28, 2016 9:35 AM
Oct 2013
good story...

I got both kaori's and yui's feeling while watching this series..
therefore I give this series 10/10 !!

:D :D :D
Apr 3, 2016 4:45 PM
Jul 2015
Someone can help me read which professions sou' pick in the end of the chapter?

my knowledge of kanis is 6/10 but i can't read his caligraphy
Jul 21, 2016 1:06 AM
Jul 2016
It's a sad moment when furukawa yui's existence in the photo and herself is disappear T_T
Jul 26, 2016 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
Kaori wakes up and Future Sou tells her that he always loved her. They have 14 years of sex nonstop and have a kid because that is how it always meant to be.

~Fin~

lol I didn't know Sou's birthday is July 26. A little irony.
RobJul 27, 2016 1:10 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 28, 2016 9:51 PM

Apr 2013
I was hoping for SouxKaori all along, so I'm pretty disappointed. I don't think Yui was characterised enough for me to care about her.
Dec 11, 2016 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
Strong ending to what was otherwise an average anime. First 2 episodes or so were good, 3-8 was kind of a chore to get through, since it obvious Yui was from the future. But 9-12 were fantastic, for the most part. I was not expecting so much detail about what happened in the bad end timelines. It was really depressing to watch. The last timeline was definitely the best part. I was expecting Yui to show up again somehow in that last timeline for a forced happy ending, so i'm pretty happy that wasn't what happened. Having Sou go into the sciences like before, but a reason other than Kaori's death was the best ending for that timeline. And I loved the other timeline where Karoi woke up, as I preferred her to win over Yui. The Yui romance seemed a little forced in the end, but I think it was implied in episode 9 that Yui is somehow made from Kaori's body or something? I think. I didn't quite understand that part.

The score for the series seems longer than it deserves. It should at least be a 7. I like time travel stuff like this, so i'm giving it an 8. I have found that there is VN translation project going on (slowly). I hope that gets finished, since i'd love to play it. It would probably fix all the complaints I have about this series.
Jun 2, 2017 11:39 PM

May 2015
You are going to tell me that a show that has time travel can’t have Yui re appear and end with MC after focusing the majority of the show on the girl who was supposed to be the one (Kaori) being discarded because he suddenly developed feeling for Yui (Oh, by the way in the last 3 episod of a series consisting in 12 episodes. WTF!?) and like I said you didn’t end it with her reappearing?! At least having a time skip showing him looking inside the capsule...?! Implying she is back in her life... *Disappointed*

That talk in the nigh between Old-Sou & Old-Airi (at 10:00 mark) was interesting in the sense that Airi channeled my inner self when she was talking to MC saying that if he made Yui based on speculations and if Yui was a tool for him (which I think he was to Old-Sou, not the younger version) and when he confirmed that Yui may know she was going to disappear as soon as she completed her mission but he send her off no matter the cost... he is a cruel man and I agree.

To finish of poor Airi in neither of the timelines that we are shown she didn’t have a proper time with MC like Kaori & Nagisa had [well in the real(?) one she gave her all as a scientist for MC sake/cause but he was a complete a$$ to her] ... I may add more the chemistry with Kenny lead me to think she may end with him or realize she was having more fun with him than with MC...

Overall this was an alright anime in my opinion.

On a side note:
I don’t want to sound like I want the author to make an end that I like or the one that I suggest but it would have been nice if Yui reincarnated as Sou & Kaori daughter (after all he based her design in Kaori) in the real(?) timeline, the one she wakes up from the coma…

Aug 24, 2019 9:49 AM

Sep 2008
So Sou is going to make Yui again in a more distant future of the timeline where he rejected Kaori. Is he maybe going to send her back to the original timeline too and that's how she got there in the first iteration? I'm not too sure about the origin of the cube in all this. Maybe he made the cube too. The ending feels like it left out a little too much to be properly conclusive.

I enjoyed this anime despite its flaws. It scratched an itch I had for a sci-fi visual novel with time travel. The VN caught my eye a long time ago with its great art and I only recently realised that this anime was the adaptation of it. Studio feel sure likes adapting these types of time travel visual novels.
Apr 24, 2020 1:17 PM

Jan 2020
Just watched this and found it surprisngly interesting. Quite enjoyed the time travel component although clearly there was more. Have since discovered the story effectively continues in the VN and was wondering if anyone knew where it could be obtained and/or if any English translations were avaiable?
Jun 17, 2020 1:04 AM
Oct 2019
No matter how you look at it Airi is the best girl. But I'm glad Sou and Kaori ended up together in the original timeline; and I'd prefer if Kaori and Sou ends up together in every timeline...the series is focused to Kaori af.
Bdw the synopsis given is horribly wrong. It'd be nice if mal fixes it asap.
Jun 17, 2020 9:17 AM

Jun 2010
It was okay-ish, I guess. Surprisingly I liked the slice-of-life episodes at the start of the series better than the story proper. And the Sou x Kaori romance at the start worked better than him choosing Yui at the end. It kinda came out of nowhere - they barely had any good chemistry moments even in that time line. I probably would be more favorable to it if we had gotten a bit more of her relationship to him in her original time line.
AsturaetusJun 17, 2020 9:27 AM
Sep 2, 2020 4:06 AM

Aug 2018
Slow start but got much better after E8. Sou brought most of these problems on himself. He was dislikable but not as hateful as some MCs.
Oct 2, 2020 6:16 AM

Nov 2019
Tsk Kaori basically still won smh worst girl

1/10
Oct 12, 2020 12:47 AM

Feb 2018
What? This is the end?
Feb 17, 2021 10:59 PM

Feb 2019
A decent ending, but one that leaves a lot more questions than answers to the point where I'm slightly confused. So in the end, did the timelines not merge? Did they split off into parallel timelines instead?

Up until episode 10, I was surprised why the score was so low on MAL. But since last episode, I could understand why. Somehow, I feel that it wasn't bad, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it's related to how in episode 1, we saw what could've been: Sou and Kaori in love with each other and on their way to a relationship before tragedy strikes. But for most of the series, that becomes threatened simply by trying to save Kaori: the presence of Yui. I liked Yui as a character, but for someone who was hooked from the first episode, that mystery of how to save Kaori, she increasingly became a threat to Sou x Kaori. I think this is what led me to feeling unfulfilled, incomplete, and even slightly annoyed by episode 11. As many have said in this forum, the ending felt like it was missing something really important.

Granted, this was an adaptation from a VN, which rarely turns out good. But still, I had higher hopes for this series. Was REALLY enjoying it until episode 10. I was planning on giving it an 8 or 9 until the last two episodes. They really ruined it. I think the focus should've still been on saving Kaori, not sliding into Sou x Yui.

At least in that other timeline in the future, Kaori wakes up. Sou embracing her was heartwarming. Grown up Kaori is almost the spitting image of her mother. But I guess so far there's no timeline where Airi is happy.

So yeah, in conclusion, left a lot to be desired. Felt like it was missing something, maybe a sense of resolution or fulfillment from the expectations set in the first episode. Really lamented how Kaori x Sou eventually didn't happen in the timeline where Kaori did not get into the accident. I'll give this maybe a 6, which now I completely understand why people gave.
Feb 25, 2021 6:43 PM
Feb 2021
The ending was happy yet somewhat sad. The ending would have been turned out better if SOU would have at least realised that how much YUI loved him and suffered, just to see him smiling again. On the other hand KAORI couldn’t stop pouting for no real reason.
Riasgremory21Feb 25, 2021 6:50 PM
Feb 28, 2021 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
The manner in which the timeline is fixed caught me off guard. Rather than making sure that Sou & Kaori end up together, it was ultimately about Sou finally answering Kaori's feelings and giving her closure, however heartbreaking it might have been. And in that sense, it almost feels like the roles are now reversed - with Sou being drawn to Yui and unwittingly saving her from ceasing to exist.

All in all, this turned out to be quite the hidden gem. Although rather straightforward in the time travel plot, it accomplishes what it sets out to do and brings a sense of resolution to the characters' feelings. The wit & humor combined with a sense of lingering melancholy were reminiscent to something like Angel Beats or Charlotte. It's difficult to describe, but this is one of those shows that I can really feel at ease with. Although it had its share of drama, I enjoyed the more lighthearted antics of the Astronomy Club along the way.

7/10
Apr 21, 2022 11:29 AM

Jul 2012
Okayy.. finally its over..
Nothing new to see here..
No Yui No Fun..
Just a normal slice of life scene, which they have a feeling that they forgot about something and someone..

I suppose to like Kaori type like chara..
But on this anime, this osananajimi looks boring..
But still, it is worth 8/10 for me

Just hoping there is Yui on the next sequel ~

Jul 23, 2023 12:01 AM

Aug 2018
This is to remind me to NOT watch this drivel a third time, even if I forget about it again.
Sep 25, 2023 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
I want to cry too. I miss Yui man.. but the ending definitely eludes to the future that had her in it. I hope they had little mutants. *sniffles*

Feb 21, 6:21 AM

Dec 2022
Besides the bland animation and characters who are defined by nothing more than the basic archetypes they're established on, the plot is complete nonsense too. Not a single aspect of the story was properly segued into throughout, so this anime comes across as directionless as a consequence.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Poll: » Which girl are you pairing Sou with?

sas4ha9 - Oct 4, 2014

14 by White_Alice »»
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.