Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2015 1:14 PM
Apr 2015
Well, I´m gonna be more explicite about my opinion of this scene in crystal and the manga. But before that, I´m gonna reveal my opinion about Minako and Usagi. The point that many of you do not like to discuss but since all of you have the right to gave your opinions, I have mine too. Sailor Venus is my 3º favourite character, since Usagi is my 2º.The first is Tuxedo Mask, in both animes and manga. She was the amazing Sailor V, which manga I love and I find more humorous than Sailor Moon´s manga. But both stories are differents so I think is a mistake compare them. Sailor V manga is more adventurous and Sailor Moon manga is more romantic and fighter. Just love them like they are. Is the best. But Minako is a character that annoys me a little. Well, I like her as a normal girl, I like her as a senshi, I love her beauty, but I don´t apreciate her as a leader, just like many of you defend her or just like Naoko made her. Shocking? Well, is just a different opinion of yours. Why I don´t apreciate her leadership? Because I find her to much authoritarian and militar to the senshi when she leads them, like if they were her submissives and not her friends. Honestly, I don´t find the senshi with so much will to follow Venus leadership more when they follow Sailor Moon. All of you say so good things about Venus and forgive her mistakes so much easily than Usagi´s and sometimes I thing is because Usagi is in her place as protagonist and you find it outrageous. But, even in Sailor V manga, I find Minako much more insensitive than Usagi even towards Artemis. When she kicked brutally Makoto when she was hypnotized, or when she fought with Tuxedo Mask, attacking Motoki too in that brutal way, well, even if I found it brave, I found it also to much brutal. In Crystal was Rey who hit Makoto, and thank godness that wasn´t Minako having all the merits in that battle, but at least, Rey showed more preocupation towards Makoto than Minako in manga. And when she contradicted the senshi about the other´s senshi intensions in Infinit arc? If it wasn´t for Usagi heart and faith in others goodness, I´m sure that Minako would have done something that she would regret later to the other´s senshis. If I had someone leading me like Venus leads the senshi, giving me orders like that, I would arrive to a point when I would ask her ” Who the hell do you think you are?”, Answer: “I was the biggest Sailor V so I´m a better fighter than you”. Next question: ” That is true, but that makes us your submissives?”. Well, of course not. They are all brave and they have their unique speciality and that is a point that I always though that Naoko could have shown more in manga. The biggest moment that I dislike Venus authoritarianism is when she orders the senshi to sacrifice their pens ( lifes ) to bring Sailor Moon back to life. Of course this was Sailor Moon fault for commited suicide but, why didn´t Sailor Venus decided to sacrificed just herself and let the others live, like many times Usagi does, trying to save the others instead of her? I thing Venus makes to many decisions for the others and puts to much pressure on them.

And now biggest point of all. The difference between Beryl´s death in manga and Crystal. The biggest debate. Well. I confess that with the following of Crystal´s episodes I was expecting and with excitement to see Venus killing Beryl with the sword. But I didn´t became disappointed seeing Sailor Moon doing it. Why? Well, I admit that this was a very disrespectful act towards Venus. Its was a very irractional and impulsive way to steal the merit of a character. All of you and me wanted to see the old Sailor V and a non-protagonist character to kill a major enemy. But, lets think a little more about all this. Sailor Venus had her OWN manga where she acted completely alone with all the attentions centered in her. Everything was just for her. She was the only protagonist. She had lots of moments of glory all for her, without sharing it with others, so, may I ask, why she had to have another moment of glory like that in a story where the protagonist was another? Why Sailor Moon has to share so much her protagonism with the others? Because she isn´t alone? Well if its because of that reason, why the others senshi didn´t had the same attention that Sailor Moon and Venus had? Because they don´t have them in the manga so that much, just like many of you said. Why Naoko didn´t centered more and with firmness the other senshi qualities like the old anime did in the episodes where they were the protagonists, what I think was fair? Is true that they missed to convert Venus the leader, but I think it was fair that they turned them more equal. And even in Venus episodes we can see her bravery, a bravery that I don´t see in the others. The same way that wasn´t fair that the Mercury, Mars and Jupiter were kidnapped by the blackmoon gang, leaving Venus with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask. After all, it was because of that that chibiusa didn´t received the attention that she deserved in manga and in crystal. All the senshi were needed and in that way, they could have centered the travel to the future with their true mission, save Chibiusa´s mother. So, thinking in all this? It was so that unfair that was Usagi the one who killed Beryl? Because there are other moments were we can see Venus leader´s skills, and believe me that I prefer her as a leader in Crystal than in the manga for being more humble. And the moment that I most loved that moment, was when she asked to Chibiusa to take them to the future. In manga I didn´t apreciated that part so much. Why? Because I found it to much humiliating to Sailor Moon, and is funny because it seems that many of you like to see that, but I don´t find it fair. Not that I didn´t found Usagi smarter all the time, because she is and very much, just like when she looked to the glasses to see Jupiter attackers, when she was kinapped. When she understhood that Calaveras was lying in that video, because she became shocked with what she listened, when she felt Rubeus presence when he was about to attack Chibiusa… Usagi is very smart and brave in manga. And I love her developmente in both animes. But I think that Venus interfiers to much in Usagi´s protagonism. I would have killed Toei if they would take Venus moment when she decided that they needed to go to the future but, the way she did it in the manga like, ” I´m the leader, let me pass, I´m smarter and you are not “, well, bravery is needed but underestimate the others´s intelligence it isn´t. So thats why I prefer that moment in Crystal and not in manga.

And I think that Sailor Moon deserved more to use the Holy sword than Venus. Why? Because I find her a better leader than Venus. Because while I find Sailor Venus to much authoritarian, Sailor Moon treats her friends in an equal way. All of them are important to her. When I saw Usagi holding that sword, asking for the others help, seeing them following her without complaining, completely devoted to her, not just like when they questioned Venus when she ordered them to sacrificed their pens; believing in Usagi´s cause, in that moment I saw a real leader. A leader as a soldier, as princess and as a queen. Sorry guys but, for me, Sailor Moon is the leader, no matter what you say about Venus. I respect your opinions when you trust in Venus but, I really don´t apreciate her as a leader.

Many of you would say that Venus deserved to shine for a moment in Sailor Moon because she is the leader and after her manga had suffered a big injustice when it was supposed to create a Sailor V anime and that failed, but, Naoko had the opportunity to create another Sailor V manga or continue Minako jorney as protagonist as Sailor Venus by her own. She had the freedom to chose between begin a story with a new protagonist, or continue Minako´s story, but she compromised with another protagonist by her own choice, a protagonist that I always admired my all life. So, I think it wasn´t so unfair to be Usagi the one to use the sword instead of Venus. Of course it wasn´t fair at all, stealing Venus moment of Glory in sush a brutal way but, if was a balance that was required, then the other senshi deserved the same balance. And maybe we can take a lesson from that moment, in a way that we need to know when we need to count with or friends in the right moment.

Don´t get me wrong, guys. I love Venus, I really do. She is my 3º favourite character. I love her as Venus and V. Is just I think she interfiers to much with Usagi protagonism and is to much privileged compared to the others. Maybe I´m being unfair, maybe I´m complaining of the developtment of a story that isn´t mind, but I really thing that Venus needed to soften her authoritarianism a little. But I´ve to respect the manga.
Dec 6, 2015 3:30 PM
Apr 2015
Seiya-Meteorite said:
Sorry, but no. I don't think Sailor Moon was indirectly helping Venus at all. Venus pretty much had no problem with killing Beryl there. I think it was more of Endymion reacting to Usagi's voice, while Venus killed Beryl by herself at the same time, then Endymion looks at Beryl as she dies, that's who he looks at, and Beryl recalls how she watched him from afar, maybe Endymion saw that too in a way.

Yes, Sailor Moon did steal Venus' moment in Crystal, because Toei just neutered and watered down Venus to give Sailor Moon the spotlight.

Sorry, but what you're saying just sounds like an excuse or a way to defend Crystal.

Hey! Respect the others opinions. If you don´t like seeing Sailor Moon killing Beryl thats with you. You just have to respect and not offend the others who have a different opinion of yours. No one is giving escuses. Only sharing different tastes. So. If you can´t have the maturity to respect the others, don´t you even bother to answer.
Feb 12, 2016 4:56 AM

Apr 2012
"Crap, the shitennou are good guys now, time to kill them"
-sends giant vaporizing laser-
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 29, 2017 6:24 PM

Aug 2007
Thirteen episode arc climaxes only feel powerful if you are connected to the character. If not for childhood nostalgia, this would have absolutely zero emotional pull. Argh, I sound like a broken record, but they REALLY should have did a middle ground by making this arc 26 episodes.

Mar 10, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2009
Someone needs to slip the Suicide Hotline phone number in Usagi's pocket. She wants to be treated like a normal school girl, but if she really was one, then she'd get thrown into a mental hospital so fast for attempted suicide(twice).
Mar 6, 2020 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
Gotta say, it's not great to pair "Be Proud and Confident of being Sailor Moon" with "Commit Suicide again". That's really not a great 'message' to put out into anything, whether this is or isn't aimed at children/young teens.
Apr 20, 2023 2:30 PM

Nov 2019
holy shit this version is way more badass than the old one sometimes

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.