Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dec 21, 2014 10:12 PM

Apparently a lot of people forgot what Psycho Pass 1 was, because this season did an amazing job repeating its formula as a sequel should without outright duplicating it. It took the story forward, it maintained the series' signature intelligence, and even managed to further deconstruct a plot that was already deconstructed in S1. Most complaints I've seen are people totally missing what's going on or criticising things S1 was praised for. The low ratings are wholly undeserved. Psycho Pass 2 overused violence as a crutch to generate emotion where there was none at times, but otherwise it was great.

Dec 21, 2014 10:35 PM

It dropped because it wasn't that good and no where near as amazing as the original P-P. Also, 2 much Mika. But it's all a part of a comeback for the movie!

Dec 21, 2014 11:00 PM
i won't be surprised if this series replaces darker than black when it comes to terrible second sequels when compared to the original.

Dec 22, 2014 1:50 AM

That's what pp2 is precisely like. The thing is though, for me average=bad because I don't spend my whole life watching anime so I only like to watch good stuff.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Dec 22, 2014 2:06 AM
Hug Addict <3

Worse story, worse characters => worse anime

pretty simple I'd say

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Dec 22, 2014 2:42 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Worse story, worse characters => worse anime

pretty simple I'd say

No it has a decent story and its called character development where Akane experiences on invesitgating murder crimes. Kogami taught her the ways of becoming a clever detective. We are disappointing because of a useless inspector (yes Mika ) and Kogami.

In addition due to comparison between season 1 and 2. I do agree Season 1 was better in every aspect, however season 2 is good as well. There are many anime which is much s***. Infact this anime deserves to sit between good>great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 22, 2014 6:30 AM

Toucanbird said:
It feels like a lot of the people that are ragging on Psycho-Pass 2 are of the same ilk that say shit like Sword Art Online is the worst anime ever made.

The roles were switched here. Whereas SAO 2 was a significant improvement over the 1st season, PP 2 was a major disappointment. Personally, I'd say the gap in quality between PP & PP 2 was actually larger than SAO & SAO 2.

Tbh, I'd actually consider it worst if judged as a stand-alone rather than a sequel. Seeing how Akane's dealing without Kougami around & the ever watchful eyes of Sybil while knowing what it really is was something that kept me, and surely many other viewers, from dropping it.

Renaultclio101 said:

No it has a decent story and its called character development where Akane experiences on invesitgating murder crimes. Kogami taught her the ways of becoming a clever detective.

But see, that's just it. The detective aspect of the show is still there but it's just that, there's really nothing much beyond that when the 1st season was so much more.
Modified by ManlyTear, Dec 22, 2014 6:34 AM

Dec 22, 2014 1:30 PM

Toucanbird said:
It feels like a lot of the people that are ragging on Psycho-Pass 2 are of the same ilk that say shit like Sword Art Online is the worst anime ever made.

Seriously people, Psycho-Pass 2 isn't bad. In fact, it's actually a pretty good series. Is it as good as the original? No, but that doesn't make it a bad series. It just makes it not quite as good as the first season.

It also feels like a lot of people are ragging on Psycho-Pass 2 because Kougami wasn't in it (except for about a minute-long scene where Akane is having a hallucination of a conversation with him talking about morals and such). At any rate, people lowering the score because of Kougami not being in it is just dumb. The problem with this series was the ending wasn't very satisfying and it lacked a bit of character development with the new cast members. I did think the story was still pretty good and it was actually nice to see Akane evolve as a character, but I felt the supporting cast of this series was lacking a bit. Perhaps that had to do with this series only having 11 episodes? I mean, I think even I would have my gripes if the first series of Psycho-Pass was only 11 episodes.

Overall, Psycho-Pass 2 was a good series, but I think it's MAL score is going to be deceiving because MAL is chalk full of trolls, weeaboos, assholes, morons, and (insert derogatory term here) that either score something higher than it deserves for stupid reasons or score something lower than it deserves for stupid reasons. Psycho-Pass 2 was doomed from the start for these people because A) It wasn't going to have a protagonist as badass as Kougami and B) It wasn't going to have an antagonist as badass as Makishima.

Basic Psycho-Pass troll logic... A (no Kougami) + B (no Makishima) = C (Shit)

Get the stick out of your ass and stop stamping your feet because don't agree with your opinion.

"Durr hurr people are rating it bad because no Kougami". Are you retarded? Have you not gone through all 11 episodes discussions? Have you not seen people discuss the plot holes, character inconsistencies, cringe worthy dialogue and bad pacing? Of course you haven't because you just like all the elitist dickwads want to act like your opinion supercedes everyone elses.

The show was an embarassment to the Psycho Pass name and if you can't see why then you are a bigger idiot than I could imagine.

Dec 22, 2014 4:27 PM

PP 2 relied more on pointless shock value,( like episode 4, the cops just massacre everyone) Kamui was a bland villian with a terrible motive (my frankenstein body made me do it), and there were some terrible plot points like firing several dominators overloads the system, Shisui turning into a leather-clad vigilante after being kidnapped by Kamui, etc. And the omnipotence paradox thing. Here's something I posted on another forum:

Sybil was never thought of as a perfect system in season 1 so I have no idea why Ubukata decided questioning its perfection should be a central plot point.

One big gripe with PP2 is the complete waste of the returning cast. Yayoi, Ginoza, and Shion were pretty much a waste. After episode 5, all three characters probably had a total of 20 lines of dialogue combined and even less screen time. Heck, even the new enforcer, Hinakawa, barely has anything to his character.

My other big gripe, all the detective/procedural elements are essentially gone. The first season was never a super realistic portrayal of detective work, but at least you saw Akane and co. doing some actual stuff like asking witnesses, examining crime scenes, following leads, etc. This season, most of the inspectors/enforcers run to the crime scene with guns blazing (see episode 4).

Dec 22, 2014 4:51 PM
Kanade♥

It's probably around the mid 7 range for this season. People who're calling it utter trash are up too high in their heads. It wasn't an abomination and then you have people coming in saying that it's the worst show this season when there was way more terrible shows this season.

Dec 22, 2014 5:08 PM

alpha_shadow said:
Miraclezify said:
I find it funny that you rate basically every show you watch a 10/10 and to artificially show that you hate Psycho-Pass 2, you rate it a 1. I would discuss this, but your attitude is silly.

thanks, but i don't give a damn about you wanting to discuss this or not xD, everything i enjoy gets a 10, the garbage gets shit ;)

lol rating ignorance at it's best. xD Whatever floats your boat, not like some score on the internet actually matters.

Season 1 was terrible, but wasn't garbage. Season 2 was terrible too.

The only reason people liked season 1 was because of Kogami and the "mysterious atmosphere". Lolaughable.
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.

Dec 22, 2014 6:18 PM

LukeLC said:
Apparently a lot of people forgot what Psycho Pass 1 was, because this season did an amazing job repeating its formula as a sequel should without outright duplicating it. It took the story forward, it maintained the series' signature intelligence, and even managed to further deconstruct a plot that was already deconstructed in S1. Most complaints I've seen are people totally missing what's going on or criticising things S1 was praised for. The low ratings are wholly undeserved. Psycho Pass 2 overused violence as a crutch to generate emotion where there was none at times, but otherwise it was great.

Maintained the series' signature intelligence? I believe it did the complete opposite of that

Dec 22, 2014 10:28 PM
Season 1 was good. Season 2 tho.. WAS SO BAAD?!

There is so many things that I think they missed. And the main character is just SOOOOOOO fucking bad in this season. Like, she got no emotionns at all! Its like she has turned into an robot or something.. Damn..

The characters in this seasons is just so bad that its pretty damn sad. U don't really get to know them, and they are far from deep. They are just boring, mostly just to fill up the space in the anime.
I also really miss the guy who left from episode 1 in the last episode.. We know nothing about him, he really left for sure. Akame don't even look back and think about him even once..

The worst thing must have been when the society got hands on those helmet, and people all of a sudden began to kill each other, and from a day to another they stopped, and everything was fine again... Like nothing had happened.. This season was indeed a pile of shit ...

Dec 23, 2014 6:26 AM

xdanishgamerz said:
Season 1 was good. Season 2 tho.. WAS SO BAAD?!

There is so many things that I think they missed. And the main character is just SOOOOOOO fucking bad in this season. Like, she got no emotionns at all! Its like she has turned into an robot or something.. Damn..

The characters in this seasons is just so bad that its pretty damn sad. U don't really get to know them, and they are far from deep. They are just boring, mostly just to fill up the space in the anime.
I also really miss the guy who left from episode 1 in the last episode.. We know nothing about him, he really left for sure. Akame don't even look back and think about him even once..

The worst thing must have been when the society got hands on those helmet, and people all of a sudden began to kill each other, and from a day to another they stopped, and everything was fine again... Like nothing had happened.. This season was indeed a pile of shit ...

Mika was shit but we were shown, Akane demonstrating her knowledge and skills from Kogami.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 23, 2014 8:48 AM
I mean I thought the 1st season was average, but this was just atrocious 3.5/10

Dec 23, 2014 8:53 AM

I actually really liked it and I think the score is lower because people are comparing it to first season. It would probably have highter score as stand-alone anime.
You all need to watch Nami.

Dec 23, 2014 1:54 PM

Tyrel said:
It's probably around the mid 7 range for this season. People who're calling it utter trash are up too high in their heads. It wasn't an abomination and then you have people coming in saying that it's the worst show this season when there was way more terrible shows this season.

That's pretty much to be expected though. Also considering that this may be the only show some people watched. If they didn't see it as good, it automatically becomes the worst of the season for them despite being the only one they've seen.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Dec 24, 2014 4:15 AM
First 2 episodes and last episode are he only episodes i liked, some in the middle were so-so (like 3, 5 and 9) some were just frustrating to sit trough(like 4, 7 and 8)
alpha_shadow said:
Writer Of Hamatora
He was just doing scripts.
Writer is Ubukata, known for Mardock Scramble (which is 1novel, 1manga and 4 movies of grimderp gore with pretentious filters and a gay dolphin, so basically PP2 with better animation and a gay dolphin)
Modified by qberr, Dec 24, 2014 4:19 AM

Dec 24, 2014 6:16 AM

abystoma2 said:
I actually really liked it and I think the score is lower because people are comparing it to first season. It would probably have highter score as stand-alone anime.

As a stand alone, it would be much worse. This show was saved because it's related to Psycho-Pass series.

RedRoseFring said:
Tyrel said:

That's pretty much to be expected though. Also considering that this may be the only show some people watched. If they didn't see it as good, it automatically becomes the worst of the season for them despite being the only one they've seen.

I watched(& still watching some) around 15 Fall anime shows, & this anime show is the worst out of those.
I like anime.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]