Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2014 12:16 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not surprised that the rating of this show went down so much in the last 12 hours. In my opinion it should be lower than 7.93, because this was the biggest pile of useless shit I've ever seen.

What are your thoughts about this, maybe even share the biggest problems you've had when watching this crap.

Here's mine:
Nothing Happened
Useless Characters(which are shit in the end)
Dumb Ending
Writer Of Hamatora
Just shit, everywhere shit
+ manyyy more

Basically this season did not happen and it can be considered filler. I bet they won't even mention anything from this season in the movie as well.
:3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
What was the score before?
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 19, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
QuattroVaginas said:
What was the score before?

I don't remember exactly but it was around 8.07 i think and even higher before the ending happened
Dec 19, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
That's considerably less massive than I expected.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 19, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
QuattroVaginas said:
That's considerably less massive than I expected.

well at its highest point it was at about 8.21 i think
Dec 19, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
alpha_shadow said:
Writer Of Hamatora

I only blame this.
Dec 19, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
It feels like the whole season was worthless. The system didn't even really change by the end. What would be the purpose of collectively judging people anyways, other than people who have those massive surgeries?
Dec 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
It'll probably go down a bit more over the next few days. I think it was 8.12 around episode 8 or 9.
Dec 19, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
Fugicara said:
It feels like the whole season was worthless. The system didn't even really change by the end. What would be the purpose of collectively judging people anyways, other than people who have those massive surgeries?

It was to introduce the idea of this loophole that people like Kamui could get around with.
Dec 19, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
Which doesn't matter at all.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 19, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
Fugicara said:

It was to introduce the idea of this loophole that people like Kamui could get around with.

Yeah, still nothing actually happened. We get to see a loophole, really useful season. Like 2 ova's would have been enough for that shit lol.
Dec 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, they tried making a coherent story with a bunch of subplots of different characters (like Mika, Togane, the Holo expert guy) but it didn't really work out in the end.
Dec 19, 2014 12:48 PM
Apr 2012
No Kougami, no fun.
Dec 19, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2011
Mika
Dec 19, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2014
Felt like a huge filler arc for me
Dec 19, 2014 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
I don't give a crap about scores most of the time. What I find enjoyable might not be to other people anyway.

That being said, the main reason I can think is because the characters. What made the first season so good is the struggle and rivalry between Makishima and Kougami. That alone was what drove the plot and made the series really easy to get into.
Dec 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
Yup. The beginning was cool enough but the further the story went the more apparent it was that it's a filler. It wasn't bad but doesn't live up to the 1st season (what else to be expected from a filler).
After seeing the end I ended up giving it a 7, compared to that 1st got 9 from me.
Dec 19, 2014 3:56 PM

Mar 2009
Fugicara said:

You got 50 clean people but as collective (maybe this people like this same music, religion) they can be clauded. So yeah, more inocent people to kill in the name of law.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Dec 19, 2014 5:32 PM
Jul 2010
I love it in the first and earlier until the middle, but the ending does not have an impact... It's really sad that the second season is really inferior compared to the brilliant smash hit first season.

Also the character development is only focused on Akane. I personally thought that Mika might undergo changes since in the nico live, her voice actress is told to make her character as hateful as possible. But in the end, nothing changes. Even Ginoza's character development is not shown much, except for his gentler and kinder personality.

Last one, Psycho Pass is not Psycho Pass without Kougami.
Dec 19, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
Totally justified. Not even Akane herself could save this seasons, the finale is a good reflect of how bad this season was compared to season 1.

Anyway I'll give it a 8/10 because it is better than most other animes.
Dec 19, 2014 10:19 PM

Feb 2014
demonkurama said:
Yup. The beginning was cool enough but the further the story went the more apparent it was that it's a filler. It wasn't bad but doesn't live up to the 1st season (what else to be expected from a filler).
After seeing the end I ended up giving it a 7, compared to that 1st got 9 from me.

Pretty much the same for me... the first season started out a 9 and went up to a 10. This season started out a 9 and dropped to a 7. Still better than a lot of crap out there, but nowhere near the original.
Dec 19, 2014 10:48 PM

Feb 2014
Psycho Pass - 8.59
Psycho Pass 2 - 7.90

A drop of 0.7 from the first season score is just huge. Surely this would rank in the top sequel drops. The only other comparable drop in score I can remember for a second season is Suzumiya Haruhi.
Dec 19, 2014 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
I find it funny that you rate basically every show you watch a 10/10 and to artificially show that you hate Psycho-Pass 2, you rate it a 1. I would discuss this, but your attitude is silly.
Dec 20, 2014 12:07 AM

Apr 2013
I blame the writers for this garbage.
Dec 20, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
Psycho-Pass Season 2 kept me entertained and I got to enjoy more of the world that is Psycho-Pass. Yes, maybe it didn't have the excitement or the twists as the first but I still had fun watching it.

It feels like a lot of people are being over critical on it because it wasn't what they wanted to see. In their disappointment, people are rating this show harsher than I feel it deserves. Psycho Pass 2 is still a good Sci-Fi which further explores and expands upon the world set in Psycho-Pass.
Dec 20, 2014 1:15 AM

Jun 2014
Miraclezify said:
I find it funny that you rate basically every show you watch a 10/10 and to artificially show that you hate Psycho-Pass 2, you rate it a 1. I would discuss this, but your attitude is silly.

thanks, but i don't give a damn about you wanting to discuss this or not xD, everything i enjoy gets a 10, the garbage gets shit ;)
Dec 20, 2014 1:17 AM

Jun 2014
It wasn't a bad season, but dat quality drop. Dang.
Dec 20, 2014 1:26 AM

Jun 2013
shawnofthedeadz said:
Psycho-Pass Season 2 kept me entertained and I got to enjoy more of the world that is Psycho-Pass. Yes, maybe it didn't have the excitement or the twists as the first but I still had fun watching it.

It feels like a lot of people are being over critical on it because it wasn't what they wanted to see. In their disappointment, people are rating this show harsher than I feel it deserves. Psycho Pass 2 is still a good Sci-Fi which further explores and expands upon the world set in Psycho-Pass.

This.

Good show, had its moments. Not like the 1st season but it was very entertaining and clever.

8/10 overall.
Dec 20, 2014 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
It is like a filler for me. Like nothing happened at all and with the absence of Kougami.
Dec 20, 2014 1:56 AM

Oct 2010
alpha_shadow said:
I bet they won't even mention anything from this season in the movie as well.
They will mention the new dominator and obv Division 1 (who are still alive by the end of s2: Akane, Ginoza, Yayoi, Teppei, Sho, Mika)

Dec 20, 2014 4:49 AM

Jun 2007
eXtacy67 said:
Psycho Pass - 8.59
Psycho Pass 2 - 7.90

A drop of 0.7 from the first season score is just huge. Surely this would rank in the top sequel drops. The only other comparable drop in score I can remember for a second season is Suzumiya Haruhi.

Yeah, usually - at worst - sequel rating averages remain the same. But typically the average increases since people who weren't keen on the prequel don't bother. The newly added description for the PP movie is quite telling, with Kougami confirmed to be returning and it reading like a direct continuation to S1. S2 was just a lazy retread by a new writer, which Urobuchi wouldn't write himself since he'd already done it better originally. I think the biggest factor in the average drop is the lack of Kougami, though: everyone was expecting an arsepull twist where Kamui or Tougane would pull off a mask and reveal himself--cementing the series as a full-on parody.

I didn't/couldn't even finish PP S2 when it was airing. From ep4 onwards it became more parody fanfiction than sequel. I never even liked S1 THAT MUCH - originally rating it 6/10, then 7/10 after rewatching dubbed - but without Kougami, Makishima, the well developed supporting cast and the psychological direction replaced with GIMMICK TWIST GORE, it was just all so... pointless and tacky. Shockingly bad. The most disappointing part was the opening animation making me think S2 would blow my mind with plot developments. At least it managed the "blow mind" part, I suppose...
AironicallyHumanDec 20, 2014 5:27 AM
Dec 20, 2014 7:43 AM

Jul 2010
MsChii said:
It is like a filler for me. Like nothing happened at all and with the absence of Kougami.

^
Dec 20, 2014 8:28 AM

Oct 2014
I'm not surprised the rating has started to drop either. I suspect it'll drop even more.

The biggest problem I had with this season overall was the characters.

Like for the love of god don't even get me started on Mika. I really don't thing I've ever wanted a character to die so much in an anime before. Or hated a character so much for that matter. She literally has NO redeeming qualities. All she does is try to get people fired. She just ended up being completely useless.

Kirito's character was ridiculously poorly written compared to Shougo Makishima. Shougo Makishima was a refreshing character with goals more convoluted than silly ol' revenage. Kirito being made up of 184 body parts is just plain out preposterous and laughable. I could just go on and on about how poor the script and everything in general was this season but I digress.

Let us hope the movie can redeem this mess.
crestofhonestyDec 20, 2014 9:33 AM
Dec 20, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2012
shawnofthedeadz said:

Agree with this. This series may not be as good as the first season, and I also know that the ratings will go down, but never expected the reaction from the people to be this harsh. The gap of the score between the first season and the second season is just ridiculous. I feel that the second season deserves better than that.
Despite everything, I think this series is still enjoyable.
Dec 20, 2014 10:08 AM

Aug 2011
KOUGAMI WHERE R U D:

u such a heartbreaker :'(

can't wait for the movie i hear kougami is in it

:D
Dec 20, 2014 10:55 AM

Jan 2014
It was inevitable.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 20, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
Oh, wow. S2 seriously dropped.
I enjoyed S1 pretty much, it was one of my favourite anime in its season, haven't yet watched S2 as I wanted to watch it in bulks but it seems it's not that well received. I read a lot of criticism here and there as well.

Directly comparing S1 score now with S2 seems unfair, though. There's been a long time S1 could accumulate scores while S2 couldn't.
Season 1 constantly rose throughout its airing in scores while S2 was stagnant or dropped constantly.
Ideally shortly before the final episode aired the rating was at 8.16.
That's sad but maybe people - at least partially - expceted the same greatness S1 had to offer but since most stuff was revealed already, S2 couldn't fulfill these from the get go?

Considering the score of S1 S2 is rather bad, but on its own 7.87 isn't too bad, not even for MAL standards.
Question is how it will change over time, drop even more or get up again, when the disappoointment of the people decreased.

Source:
http://anime.daanst.de/?show=23281
Dec 20, 2014 5:43 PM

Jun 2007
Averages decrease the more ratings titles receive, once a series has finished airing and early drop votes are no longer counted. It's usually fans or those drawn to one genre more than others that make up the early crowd, then more critical viewers add their numbers to the mix over time. Death Note, for example, used to be much higher up the rankings, but since it has the most ratings of any anime last I checked, it's now something like... 30th.

Considering the first lot of viewers have graded PP S2 so critically (by MAL's standards), even with those that have viewed less than 25% no longer counted post-ep11 (which is why averages for airing anime generally increase after they end), the average will continue to drop. I think it'll probably end up a full point lower than the original, which has an average of over 8.5 with close to SIX TIMES the ratings. That says it all.

Btw, since someone mentioned Haruhi's sequel having the lowest rating compared to its prequel, here's the abomination that has an average a full two points lower than its prequel: http://myanimelist.net/anime/1252/Fushigi_no_Umi_no_Nadia:_Original_Movie <-- Just like PP S2, a pointless-filler continuation. Just far worse. As in, worst anime ever worse.
AironicallyHumanDec 20, 2014 5:48 PM
Dec 20, 2014 6:18 PM

Nov 2013
It felt like filler and the characters were ass. Honestly it was the characters(or Kougami and Makasima) that made season one so awesome. Unfortunately season two lacked proper......everything
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Dec 20, 2014 6:40 PM

Sep 2009
I think a lot of people expected that this would be the season to bring back Kougami and/or wrap things up. Instead it's just the next installment or chapter and things are as fucked up as how it was the first season. Nothing was really resolved, the plot was basically a circular "Who wants to be the next big villain" deal, and it felt more like a glorified couple episode OVA rather then a full fledged prequel.
Dec 20, 2014 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
Not finished the season yet but I believe that this season is very lackluster especially in comparison to the 1st season.

The plot is ridiculously dumbed down (especially episode 4) and the characters (especially Mika) are laid to waste without much (if any) character development. It's really disappointing to be honest.

P.S. The animation also took a massive step backwards due to the change in studio.
Dec 21, 2014 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
For me it was good, the 1st season was better because to start there was more episodes, so there was more time to character development. For more that Kougami was cool, Psycho Pass is not all about him, I didn't miss him much or anything, for me he did his job in 1st season, also, between him and Akane I prefer her, I think she makes the series what it is.
I must say that for the villain, Makishima was really superior, so I missed more a better villain, than anything!
Dec 21, 2014 4:25 AM

Jun 2014
I didn't like it but I thought it'd be one of those anime that we keep criticizing but still manage to have a high score (around 8) LOL
Dec 21, 2014 7:01 AM

Oct 2013
7.85 right now with a ranking of #692. That's WAY too high and whether MAL ratings carry any weight or not, this is still just terribly wrong. Bring it down people!

Still debating whether to give it a 4/10 or be a bit generous and give it a 5/10 since it was still good to see Akane again and how she's dealing with the ever-watchful system. Full of shock value violence with a villain who's EVILness need's to be shoved down our throats(and to think that I actually found Togane somewhat interesting at first), a good character like Ginoza being completely ignored and Mika, a character that was introduced for the sake of being hated and stupid throughout the show and serves no purpose whatsoever. I could go on but I'll just stop here. Too many good stuff this season to waste time thinking & talking about this pile of mess.
Dec 21, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
Is it me or the animation this season was very shitty compared to S1, even tough S1 had the infamous Episode 19.
Dec 21, 2014 7:43 AM

Oct 2008
MgMaster said:
7.85 right now with a ranking of #692. That's WAY too high and whether MAL ratings carry any weight or not, this is still just terribly wrong. Bring it down people!

There are worse shows rated higher, 7.85 in MAL is just average, which is what this was. I mean, if I had to score it while only comparing it to the first season, I'd have to give it a 4, but if I forget the 1st season existed and score it based on the logic I apply to every other show, I think it deserves a barely passing grade, it had its good moments in the first half. Still, I think it's the only time I gave a 2nd season a score 4 points lower than the 1st (except for Haruhi trolling us with endless 8)
Dec 21, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2012
It feels like a lot of the people that are ragging on Psycho-Pass 2 are of the same ilk that say shit like Sword Art Online is the worst anime ever made.

Seriously people, Psycho-Pass 2 isn't bad. In fact, it's actually a pretty good series. Is it as good as the original? No, but that doesn't make it a bad series. It just makes it not quite as good as the first season.

It also feels like a lot of people are ragging on Psycho-Pass 2 because Kougami wasn't in it (except for about a minute-long scene where Akane is having a hallucination of a conversation with him talking about morals and such). At any rate, people lowering the score because of Kougami not being in it is just dumb. The problem with this series was the ending wasn't very satisfying and it lacked a bit of character development with the new cast members. I did think the story was still pretty good and it was actually nice to see Akane evolve as a character, but I felt the supporting cast of this series was lacking a bit. Perhaps that had to do with this series only having 11 episodes? I mean, I think even I would have my gripes if the first series of Psycho-Pass was only 11 episodes.

Overall, Psycho-Pass 2 was a good series, but I think it's MAL score is going to be deceiving because MAL is chalk full of trolls, weeaboos, assholes, morons, and (insert derogatory term here) that either score something higher than it deserves for stupid reasons or score something lower than it deserves for stupid reasons. Psycho-Pass 2 was doomed from the start for these people because A) It wasn't going to have a protagonist as badass as Kougami and B) It wasn't going to have an antagonist as badass as Makishima.

Basic Psycho-Pass troll logic... A (no Kougami) + B (no Makishima) = C (Shit)
Dec 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2012
slkrr said:

Pretty much the same for me... the first season started out a 9 and went up to a 10. This season started out a 9 and dropped to a 7. Still better than a lot of crap out there, but nowhere near the original.

Well said.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Dec 21, 2014 3:12 PM

Jun 2011
Fugicara said:

I´ll post what I posted before in another thread:

You have to think about the other way around as well, what if there is a dangerous group that threatens the peace and well-being of Sybil´s citizens (or the Sybil System itself) but it has people in it who aren´t a target for enforcement due to them taking drugs or manage to control their Psycho Pass like Kamui did?
This "Collective Psycho Pass" idea isn´t for one or two people who are being chased through a crowd and when an enforcer locks a dominator on his target everyone around the target gets judged as well.

It´s for a case like the one I mentioned in a previous post - the "Revolutionary Group" we saw in season 1 or if a riot like the one caused by Makishima happens again - they´d be able to swiflty deal with bigger groups of possible threats, even if there might be some collateral damage...it´s actually a big help for the law enforcement. You´ve seen how many enforcers and inspectors they have, as well as what means they possess to deal with criminals/groups (seeing as the Sybil System is praised for it´s perfection and the world they live in, it would be strange for them to have weapons that would prepare for cases like those we´ve seen - it would raise too much suspicion, though I´m sure you´ve already figured out why the Sybil System did nothing to prepare any kind of means against huge riots or people like Makishima)
It allows them to judge bigger groups as a whole entity - thus shortening the process, cutting down of equipment and personnel losses, as well as possibly letting targets get away, because criminals can only be judged one by one (like we´ve seen in that one bar in season 1 where nearly everyone got away in that "raid")

Imagine if you want to take down a big crime syndicate. Do you try to charge every single ****ing person in a huge crime organization, possibly letting some of them get away, until you´ll finalized charging and judging them all, possbily only being able to charge a single person as that person is used as a scapegoat by the other members - or do you charge them with multiple crimes as a whole group, getting them all in one fell swoop?
Sybil can now deal with multiple criminal rings and judge them as, for example, a term you´ve surely heard in the real world as well, Terrorist Group.

Though, as you said and just like in real life, some people, who did not play that much of a big role in it, often get caught in the crossfire as well, seeing as they are being charged as a group, they might get a higher sentence than if they would´ve been charged as a single person for the deeds they actually commited.

That´s the clue. Either this new evolved Sybil System rises further up to the point of "perfection" or this is the point of their downfall, as this "Collective Psycho Pass"-system leaves a lot of room open for erroneous judgements.
I hope we can see this new part of the Sybil System in the movie and possibly, if they do it, in a season 3 - cause I really like what they did with the system. I´ve read and wattched some sci-fi books, series and movies but in those books the system was either perfect or so flaw it broke down at the end.
Sybil is neither perfect, nor did it break down...I´m really interested to see the future of this system.

And yes, I know, you´ll probably say:
But Kamui was one person with many different "persons in him".
Sybil is a collective brain system, they are connected.

A crime syndiacte or a radical group is different. Yes and no. That´s why Akane was hesitant.
Because a "Collective Psycho Pass" can also be used in the cases I mentioned before.
Each person has a Psycho Pass. Now Sybil can now take each persons Psycho Pass, label them as a group, for example, " Terrorist Group A", charge them as a group with a crime they commited and judge them based on their "Collective Psycho Pass" - thus passing judgement on all of them as a whole. Which means, if they are found to be guilty, all of them are that. They just have to point and shoot, as the Dominator now registered every person in that group as a criminal, instead of having to individually judge them and change forms if necessery, due to the different Psycho Passes or even lock down completely if one of them has a clear hue due to drugs or other means.
Dec 21, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
MgMaster said:

Still debating whether to give it a 4/10 or be a bit generous and give it a 5/10 since it was still good to see Akane again and how she's dealing with the ever-watchful system. Full of shock value violence with a villain who's EVILness need's to be shoved down our throats(and to think that I actually found Togane somewhat interesting at first), a good character like Ginoza being completely ignored and Mika, a character that was introduced for the sake of being hated and stupid throughout the show and serves no purpose whatsoever. I could go on but I'll just stop here. Too many good stuff this season to waste time thinking & talking about this pile of mess.

I gave it a 5 because I really liked the OP.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

639 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.