Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 20, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2014
That was unexpected!
Poor Leon! Didn't think all of that would happen to him... and... did he just kill himself at the end there? Or at least, attempt to? Oh God.
The music is beautiful as always. Easily one of my favorite soundtracks.
Dec 20, 2014 11:06 AM
Sep 2014
Brxck said:
TheEnd3r said:
I kinda hope Leon becomes a dark knight and murders all the other protagonists. I'd really enjoy seeing that.

I got the same feeling when watching the end of this video
I think as he is falling he may get saved by a horror or something and be given a dark power and wreak havoc since that is always fun

I don't like alfonso
I liked the old man who used to have Gaia but not Alfonso
Alfonso is ignorant and a bit stuck up though I will give credit to his monologue
Is Roberto/Bernado's Armor the moon type armor?
Dec 20, 2014 11:16 AM

Oct 2012
Why is Alfonso is so perfect all the time?

I think Mendoza's death was pretty fitting; the only thing that made him powerful was his Makai Gate anyways.
Dec 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, that was unexpected... Best episode so far.
Dec 20, 2014 1:12 PM
Aug 2011
If you take look on live action Garo you can probably assume that Leon will be rescued by Zaruba and Zaruba probably give him trials to get back his Garo armor and also stronger one. He was chosen by it at time of his birth not Alfonso and there is something like his mother's magic protecting him. First season is going to have something like 24 episodes I think, but they already announced second season.
Dec 20, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
We didn't actually see Mendoza die. We saw him get eaten by a horror (which he controls), then we saw the horror get killed. A villain is never dead unless you see the body, and even that isn't always good enough!
Dec 20, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
Leon totally deserved it.
Dec 20, 2014 6:01 PM
Sep 2012
I don't think this is the end of Mendoza either. He talks about a ritual to summon Blood Moon earlier in the episode and when the horror eats him, the smoke of its body seemingly gets absorbed into the blood moon in the sky. Maybe Mendoza was trying to use the horror as a tool of some sort for a larger plan.
Dec 20, 2014 10:33 PM

Dec 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
...they should have shown Leon overcoming his rage not lose his armor.

No... I dislike the usual anime cliches where a young, inexperienced hero does an ass-pull and inexplicably overcomes his enemy through sheer force of will. This twist will do fine.

This show has a grim, dark world and a story that is not all sunshine and roses is true to the setting. Leon has not grown enough to overcome his inner demons and remains the cynical, self-absorbed man-child he was at the start.

At least Alfonso had a purpose to fight for- to protect the people. What does Leon have to fight for?

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Not that i hate Alfonso, but the Prince lived in ignorance for most of his life while Leon had to stay hidden and carry around the sorrow and hatred and his playboy father didn't help much.

Thats precisely the problem. Leon nursed his sorrow and hatred and refused to let go. Thats why he is unfit to wear the armor. The Knights are meant to protect, not to seek blood and revenge. Leon is a younger version of Bernardo.

And his father did try to help Leon, but Leon was too stubborn to accept it. Rewatch ep 4 again. See how his dad told Leon he would take care of the horror because Leon couldnt kill a child? See how Leon brushed his dad off? And how Leon hesitated when the horror took on the face of a child? Leon got away cheap that time, because the horror was too stupid to keep wearing the child's face and got cut down.

You're missing a lot of the subtleties in this show.
Dec 21, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2011
Oh, phew. For a moment I thought that was the end of S1, but it's only halfway through.

I'm really liking this show, though the transfer of the armor felt abrupt and the title of Golden Knight felt to me like it lost some importance in doing so... Alfonso activated it with no problems at all. However, seeing the generally calm and collected Leon sudden despair and fail at a crucial time was very nice, and also when he was rejected by his Alfonso and his father as the Golden Knight. Moreso, the end where he stands on the edge of a valley, arms spread, and falls into the abyss.

Leon destroying the town was sad to watch though. He had always been a caring guy, going out of his way to help people. At heart he's good, but he just utterly failed. :(
Alfonso was given the spotlight this episode. He completely upstaged Leon, defeated Mendoza (kind of), returned as the prince, and also lost his mother. However, I feel like the series will give us another twist; perhaps where Leon will redeem himself and Alfonso will be the one to fall into misguided intentions and become the new antagonist in the future. Yet I'd also like for a happy ending where the two become good friends again.

I'm really curious to see where this show endings up. The goal of defeating Mendoza is already accomplished 12/24 episodes in, and there is a second season coming. Hopefully we'll be exploring more of the Makai Knights aside from our main cast. That would be interesting.
MirorinDec 21, 2014 12:23 AM
Dec 21, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2014
Darn! Now this I gotta see!

Next episode:
"The Return of the Iron Cheff (Knight)"
Dec 21, 2014 2:45 AM

Mar 2010
A wtf episode..

Whats going to happen with rest of series now. -_- I so don't dig Alfonso having the golden armor.. So I might not continue watching this after the next episode depending what it is.....
Dec 21, 2014 3:35 AM
Dec 2014
CG said:
How Alfonso would fare under the circumstances is a question, of course, but he straight up said that he was fighting not to save his mother but to save his kingdom and all its people, and this is a HUGE difference in the mindset, the one that made him worthy of the Golden armor, unlike Leon who destroyed the town and killed how many hundreds of ppl because of it? Leon messed up big, real big, there's no way around it, and there's no injustice in Alfonso taking the Golden armor. And anyway, if we're talking about the right of inheritance, Alfonso comes before Leon: he's the son of the older daughter of the previous Golden knight, and he's older than Lion, so I see no prob whatsoever. What I want to know is what about the Gaia armor? Can Alfonso now choose which one to don depending on circumstances?

Im not sure if im reading this right, but wasnt Leon the son of the older daughter Anna Luis? and if im correct she was the one that inherited the Garo Knight because the eldest have the duty to protect while the younger sister was sent away..so by all mean Alfonso should have no right in taking the Garo Armor, but he definitely worth it, but then again the armor was through inheritance which is from Anna to Leon.
Dec 21, 2014 4:16 AM

Jul 2014
Byt the way, I think it's understandable that Alfonso was so harsh with Leon - seeing the golden knight, he thought to be a savior, wreak detruction, must be a shock to him.

Also I agree with those, who say that it's good to see a teenage hero fail miserably - that's what teens often do, due to inexperience, after all.

I can't imagine any of the young knights falling to darkness, though. Both of them were shown to be inherently good guys.
Dec 21, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
PREVIEW: Those are teh voice actors! Why they're there? I have no idea.

Wow, intense ep. The animation picked up a bit too. Poor poor Leon. I'm surprised.
A similar thing happened in Season 1 of live TV GARO, but it was a consequence connected to the armor. Even after Herman's friend turned, he still remained a knight.

What will you do Leon?
Dec 21, 2014 5:41 PM
Aug 2012
Jacara said:
No... I dislike the usual anime cliches where a young, inexperienced hero does an ass-pull and inexplicably overcomes his enemy through sheer force of will. This twist will do fine.

This show has a grim, dark world and a story that is not all sunshine and roses is true to the setting. Leon has not grown enough to overcome his inner demons and remains the cynical, self-absorbed man-child he was at the start.

You disliking them doesn't mean they are bad. Also it wouldn't be an ass-pull. Episode 4 was mostly dedicated to Leon. He saw what revenge can do to people especially a little kid. But hey dismiss it as Leon getting off easy..........that seems to be the easy thing to do rather than admitting any development.

Let me ask you, did we went out of control after that? To suddenly go berserk at the critical moment and lose everything, this was bad execution and just glorification of Alfonso, whose development was just shounen power-up (i mean only Alfonso knew the weak point, Leon getting beaten easily and the Knight just sacrificed himself.............okay sure!). Now he suddenly throws away that sacrifice and gets the Golden Armor............yes i am so very convinced. Rather than being a twist, it was just a forced shock factor.

Jacara said:
At least Alfonso had a purpose to fight for- to protect the people. What does Leon have to fight for?

Yet he failed miserably by being ignorant for most of his life. Not that i blame him and it's not Alfonso's fault, but Leon's burden is heavier. The duty of being a Knight alongside dealing with revenge for his mother.

Jacara said:
Thats precisely the problem. Leon nursed his sorrow and hatred and refused to let go. Thats why he is unfit to wear the armor. The Knights are meant to protect, not to seek blood and revenge. Leon is a younger version of Bernardo.

> Leon did his job of protecting all this time
> Leon didn't break his code until this episode
> You actually didn't understand Bernando's situation.

Jacara said:

And his father did try to help Leon, but Leon was too stubborn to accept it. Rewatch ep 4 again.

His father helped him by sleeping around with countless women...............sure why not? It was information gathering right? You need to rewatch the episode rather than me.

Herman is the dick of the year (in both ways). Because in all these episode, i rarely saw him trying to do something to take care of the hatred other than a few instances (makes me wonder what happened when Leon was a kid......). But episode 4 showed Leon somewhat understanding about revenge and his development quite a bit. Suddenly discarding it this episode made episode 4 quite pointless.

Jacara said:
You're missing a lot of the subtleties in this show.

Sure and you aren't?
Dragon_Slayer_XDec 21, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 21, 2014 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
That great episode, I felt frustrated by Leon have lost everything, in an episode everything he built fell apart, already Alfonso became the hero, was not the outcome I wanted, but quite surprised me

I thought this would be the last episode, but it seems that will continue, now I'm more curious to follow the development ..
Dec 21, 2014 7:53 PM

Jun 2014
Its not over yet?.. Im not stickin around for a second season.
Dec 21, 2014 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
I'm surprised how many people defended leon, yes what happened to him is tragic, he was a knight destined to save the world from evil only to lose everything he had built up within a single moment, but whats more tragic is the hundreds to thousands of innocent lives that died because of his carelessness and being consumed by his emotions that he was supposed to control. Someone said it before but he is nothing more than a younger bernardo, a knight who failed in his sole duty of protecting the weak and was consumed by his own hatred and selfishness only to pay the price for it.

its harsh, but completely warranted, really the amount of small details this single episode had is pretty overwhelming, this may be in my top 3 favorite episodes of the season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 21, 2014 9:32 PM

Apr 2014
And looks like Alfonso hijacked Leon's main character role.

I really pity Leon. I really do. Seeing him begging Alfonso for his armor back is so pitiful. He basically lost everything, but that's the consequence for breaking one of Makai Knight's code of honor. Keep fighting Leon!
Dec 22, 2014 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
that preview got me really hungry!

Dec 22, 2014 2:44 AM

Dec 2012
What the? This anime show suddenly become one of the best this season! This episode was so powerful & I really liked the plot twist! Well done! Really well done indeed! To be honest, I do not mind Alfonso become Garo. He is more honorable & composed(and of course better character overall on every aspect) person than Leon. He definitely will be a better Garo(he already has actually).

As for Mendoza, I do not think he is dead. I am sure of it. Mark my word.
I like anime.
Dec 22, 2014 2:45 AM

Nov 2011
Episode from the strong impact, very nice!
Happy to have followed immediately this anime, it deserves as much history, narrative and for the good work done by the study Map.
Narration late season pretty tough and engaging, a final good that so many good wishes.
Happy that they are going to continue the story with a 2nd season.
For now, I transform my vote from 6/10 to 8/10!
Dec 22, 2014 4:00 AM

Feb 2012
I felt pity for Leon too, but I still think that stripping him off his golden armor is just. He did screw up major time and in a very crucial point. As someone already mentioned it on this thread, Leon had time to learn how to control his emotions, he had warnings. He was constantly reminded that he should be careful of these spiteful feelings he has and that he NEEDS to control them in order to fill his role properly. He also got the ring that was supposed to help him - well, the conclusion is that he should have been prepared. Leon kept training and getting stronger, but his motivation was purely revenge. Alfonso on other hand, wanted to get better for the sake of his people and during all his training he had this in his mind.

Also let me mention something - if Alfonso didnt say to defeat Mendoza first and just went along with Leon's proposition and rescued his mother, they would had saved her. Practically Alfonso made a personal sacrifice by choosing his duty over his own mother. Leon on other hand shoved his duty aside and acted on his negative feelings, making him an egoist. That's why he's not fitted to be the Golden Knight, at least for now.

As much as I wanted Leon to be awesome and badass, in the end he was indeed inexperienced, young and obsessed. Even though Alfonso seems like the perfect boy which is kinda suspicious, I was happy to see his development. It was a great contrast of how Leon actually is and how he is supposed to be, actually.

I kinda have the feeling that Alfonso will be the one who will come in Bernardo's shoes at some point (because they were both feeling betrayed - Bernardo by humans in general, wavering and questioning his goals of protecting even though he was perfect in duty, and Alfonso by the Golden Knight, since he was supposed to protect people instead of destroying a whole village in flames). I guess the perfect boys gone wrong parallel would be quite possible. I don't mind seeing Leon as a dark knight tho. That would be really nice and quite surprising as a plot. We need some development from German Luis tho. For now he's still some comedy relief horny dad which is kinda saddening. He had too few "serious" moments, imo. Let's hope for the best in the second season.
Dec 22, 2014 6:20 PM
Aug 2011
You forgot one thing. Leon was chosen by garo at the moment of his birth not Alfonso. Also the real owner of Garo can communicate with previous users souls(Leon did it) whats more to fully control Garos power you need ring and to control ring you have to sign contract with it. Leon is owner of the ring. For me it is obvious that Leon will get back his Garo armor after trials.
Dec 22, 2014 8:50 PM
Jun 2014
why are people defending leon? The guy couldn't control his emotions or priorities when shit hit the fan. Leon went and destroyed the town and obviously people got hurt and most likely died because of it and people obviously have lost their homes etc.
Alfonso has every right to be pissed and everyone seems to forget the fact the place Leon basically destroyed Alfonso's home seeing as he's the prince of the place and he had to watch his town and people burn in flames because of Leons hate and lust for revenge stuck on his mind.
Dec 23, 2014 5:03 AM
Jan 2009
You know I'm ok with Leon's 'punishment' as far as losing the armor goes. I see a lot of people taking issue with Leon losing Garo but the fact is weather or not he deserved it he was a danger to the people around him and he needed to be taken care of. The problem I have is that his father gets off way too easily here. Herman obviously did nothing to teach Leon about dealing with his emotions in a mature and healthy way. Throughout the entire series Herman is constantly screwing around (literally) and when the time comes around where Leon needs the face his demons Herman says something along the lines of "figure it out for yourself" as if he is gonna magically divine emotional stability. How is he supposed to figure anything out when he has never been taught how? Leon was set up to fail from the start and when it does happen you would think someone would have the compassion to show Leon where he went wrong. Instead he gets sucker punched by Herman while Alfonso basically calls him a piece of sh*t. Of course Herman ends by saying "He needs to figure it out for himself" as if figuring it out for himself wasn't why he went berserk in the first place. Lets face it, the only reason he would have such a strong and unhealthy attachment to a mother who he has never seen is because he has little to no attachment with the father who was with him his entire life.

TL:DR - Leon was not mature enough to handle his emotions because Herman didn't raise him right.
Dec 23, 2014 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode ! Leon goes mad after seeing his mother die. This cliffhanger is crazy (o.O).

But the preview is totally WTF ><
Dec 23, 2014 5:09 PM
Jan 2011
wow this was a great episode. love that leon lost to his anger, and actually suffered some kind of consequence. it was very refreshing. i like how his cousin even admits that it could happen to him too. makes both of them somewhat more realistic and flawed. looking forward to leon regaining his armor once he learns how to control his temper.

i am a bit curious to know about the purple armor, specifically, what happened to it?
Dec 23, 2014 10:21 PM

Feb 2014
Totally deserved to lose his armor, he failed his duty outright. This episode felt like a finale. Maybe it originally was meant to be.
Dec 24, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2014
Interesting episode, however, to me, the pretext for Leon's anger or rage and revenge, is quite stupid.
I don't think anyone can really be attached to someone they never met before, even if they're your parent. They're a stranger to you, and, frankly, I don't think you'll go berserk mode for someone you don't know. I'd understand if Leon had been living with his mother(unconditional love) and then see her unjustly put on a stake, to seek revenge, but, this story, won't work for me.

On the other hand, Alfonso acted like a leader; instead of being selfish, he acted on the principle on the need of the many outweigh the need of the few(i.e. his mother). It shows that he's mature enough to not fall prey to his feelings.

The death of Mendoza was anticlimactic, so, I think he's alive, but I'd rather see him staying dead.
I also hope Leon dies, but, I don't think that such thing will happen, and, Ema, or whatever was her name, will probably save him(at least that's my take on it).
ourielDec 24, 2014 3:30 AM
Dec 24, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2011
ouriel said:
Interesting episode, however, to me, the pretext for Leon's anger or rage and revenge, is quite stupid.
I don't think anyone can really be attached to someone they never met before, even if they're your parent. They're a stranger to you, and, frankly, I don't think you'll go berserk mode for someone you don't know. I'd understand if Leon had been living with his mother(unconditional love) and then see her unjustly put on a stake, to seek revenge, but, this story, won't work for me.

On the other hand, Alfonso acted like a leader; instead of being selfish, he acted on the principle on the need of the many outweigh the need of the few(i.e. his mother). It shows that he's mature enough to not fall prey to his feelings.

The death of Mendoza was anticlimactic, so, I think he's alive, but I'd rather see him staying dead.
I also hope Leon dies, but, I don't think that such thing will happen, and, Ema, or whatever was her name, will probably save him(at least that's my take on it).
leon definitely wont die here, 1 of 2 things are going to happen, either hes going to succumb to becomming a horror/ inherit the dark amor, or hes going to go on the path of redemption and become a more level headed character as he goes through trials to redeem himself.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2014
JizzyHitler said:
leon definitely wont die here, 1 of 2 things are going to happen, either hes going to succumb to becomming a horror/ inherit the dark amor, or hes going to go on the path of redemption and become a more level headed character as he goes through trials to redeem himself.

Well, I said I hope he dies, but, I don't see that happening, and, I suspect he will probably take the route of being a level-headed character. :)
Dec 24, 2014 2:59 PM
Aug 2011
You are talking about Alfonso being super knight but his reasons are also wrong. He want to protect his kingdom not whole human nation. I can understand Leon very well and for me his actions were somehow natural. People from this filthy kingdom killed his mother, raped and killed witches. They are full of sins. Why he should protect them? For me this whole thing about protecting is stupid.
I can tell you one thing. Alfonsos mother was killed by people from town. That was probably plan created by Mendoza. Alfonso will become black knight and Leon after trials will come back stronger with combined knowledge of previous generations Garo knights.
Alfonso for me is bitch without knowledge about this sinful world and seriously i can not understand how knight with few month experience can be better than experienced knight. Yes Leon is experienced but also he missing something and he must find this missing thing to become real knight.
Dec 25, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2013
Well, Alphonso stole the show by far.. Eventually, he adorns the Gold Knight armor and tbh, it actually suits him rather than Leon.. Lel.. Fucking Leon had to snap at just the wrong moment :/. Zaruba was in the hands of Herman.. so, I think it will not go to Alphonso.. He is already way more powerful even without the Zaruba.

I probably think that Mendoza is still alive. I mean, it was not even shown clearly that he had got eaten up by that horror. I think.. as long as Octavia is alive, there is a high chance that Mendoza is alive too. Ema's motives are still unknown though.
Dec 25, 2014 8:11 AM
Dec 2014
honestly it's pretty messed up they just threw Leon away like that. Alfonso is cool and all but he's too much of the "supper Knight" to actually be worth watching as a main character. It would get pretty boring hearing nothing but self righteous revelations all the time, and boy do i get tired of seeing the goody goody people always winning. Honestly it would be great if they became enemies. and in all honesty if Leon doesn't come back well, that's just stupid. He's the main character whether you like his childish ways or not. His behavior annoys the hell out of me but i wouldn't trade him in for Alfonso.....pretty boring.
james234lopDec 25, 2014 8:31 AM
Dec 25, 2014 9:40 PM

May 2013
Well, Leon managed to remain an emo, PoS loser right to the end. He has managed to display a grand total sum of zero character development in twelve episodes. Usually the only characters that are so blinded by hatred and revenge are boring one-note villains.
Dec 26, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like some sort of live action guest speaking episode aired today instead of a new episode.
Stark700Dec 26, 2014 10:36 AM
Dec 26, 2014 8:06 PM

Sep 2011
so i dont think this is any real confirmation but this promotional art kind of feeds my theory about where this may be going

Leon looking down whilst having a red aura while alfonso looks up in a blue aura, not set in stone but i do feel like its somewhat likley leon is gonna go down the path of darkness and become an antagonist while alfonso takes up the main character slot. That said leon taking a path of redemption would also be a interesting story to see unfold, but i think the former would be much more interesting
JizzyHitlerDec 26, 2014 8:12 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2014 3:06 AM

Dec 2013
I doubt mendoza died tbh lol.
And what the heck was that preview? I guess it was so they dont spoil anything but holy crap it made me laugh.

Leon was one of those characters that have the edge and just all talk and can't do anything. I'm glad he lost his Garo armor.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 27, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2009
@JizzyHitler
Thanks for the promo art. I agree that with this Leon's downfall to becoming an antagonist is more likely. Unlike on the initial promo art for the first 12 eps, Garo on that pic is Alphonso's and not Leon's. It's also interesting that Herman is at Alphonso's side instead of Leon's. It seem to mean that he is going to support Alphonso now, while Ema will probably be helping Leon.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 27, 2014 10:00 AM
Jan 2008
Leon wearing that white coat is a sign he'll return to being Garo at some point since every Garo I know, besides one, has worn a similar coat.
Next episode, Burning Ashes
http://i.imgur.com/6QYvAJs.png
http://i.imgur.com/icG7JIb.png
http://i.imgur.com/3u1wlWA.png
http://i.imgur.com/r7VXrac.png
http://i.imgur.com/U81P5e9.png
http://i.imgur.com/9YYZtoV.png
http://i.imgur.com/NCKujoC.png
Dec 27, 2014 11:45 AM
May 2007
I say this is a good time to make good use of Zaruba. I still can't stand that Zaruba has been criminally underused.
Dec 27, 2014 2:04 PM
Aug 2011
My prediction came true. It will be now similar to live action garo. Looks like Leon met his reason to live(girl). Leon changed his coat from black to white so he changed. And like someone said red aura and white coat are characteristic signs of Garo master. Live action garo has that kind of coat.

Also white coat from live action garo has the same symbol as Leons white coat(his back).
darkstar123Dec 29, 2014 2:09 PM
Dec 27, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2007
I think Alfonso is beginning to walk the wrong path after this while Leon taking a path of redemption. While It is true that Leon destroyed the city but he did not do it intentionally. On the other hand, Alfonso, he made a decision and that decision led to his mother dying. It is certainly not his fault that his mother died but he does have responsibility in that because he chose not to save his mother first while bullshitting about duty. As a character, Alfonso is very lack of warmth feeling.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 29, 2014 11:00 AM

Aug 2009
Suddenly, angst.

My god, I love (and hate at the same time) angst so much. Yes please, give me more.
I'm tired of the typical hero dramas, break characters before they ever get to be good. Make them suffer. Make them fuck up. Sometimes they'll fail too much and won't be able to get back. This i like uwu

I absolutely loved the development Leon got(or will get) - there's SO MUCH potential there. Definitely my favorite character in the anime, and one of the most memorable this season :D
Dec 29, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode without the cliche everyone's happy ending. I really like this series!
Dec 30, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
darkstar123 said:
*snip*
thats a badass coat

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 1, 2015 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Man, this kind of episode is something I'd expect from a season finale and it's only halfway. And isn't there another 24 episode season after this too? Wow, I can't even imagine where they plan to go from here. I have to admit Garo has been my hidden gem choice of the season. On a somewhat unrelated note, I can't stop listening to the OP now. GAAAAROOOO! GA-RO!!!!
Jan 1, 2015 9:45 AM
Apr 2014
Hmm that felt like a pretty good end to me. Why did they choose to make this 2-course and/or even another season? Could have ended those bad CGI armors right here. Seriously. That would have been a good point to end it. The kingdom is saved and the main enemy is dead(or at least assumed dead).

Who gives a shit about that brat anyway. If he wants to kill himself that's his problem. On a side-note though -> what was that preview for the next episode? That was... I don't know if weird is the right word for that.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

65 by macabongx »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:02 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2015

204 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 4, 2022 3:50 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

169 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 3, 2022 3:40 PM

» 2nd half is a lot better than first

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 16, 2021

2 by Scythe97 »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:52 AM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

89 by Creepyarea »»
Sep 17, 2022 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.