Forum Settings
Forums

Is it always wrong to steal someone's GF/BF?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 19, 2014 6:56 PM

Jun 2014
Rivayne said:
Honestly. If I stole someones gf I'd just label them as a slut, have my fun then get rid of them. no point of having a girl who isn't loyal.

I feel its slutty to steal someone's gf/bf in the first place. If the person you stole the gf was unhappy and the relationship was shaky as hell, I hardly call her a slut.
Dec 19, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2014
the fact that you claimed yourself to be "better suited" than someone else deems you as a selfish individual, especially in relationships.

you can't just say whether or not you're "better" for someone because that's for the other person to decide.
Dec 19, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
Nanet said:
the fact that you claimed yourself to be "better suited" than someone else deems you as a selfish individual, especially in relationships.

you can't just say whether or not you're "better" for someone because that's for the other person to decide.

He's obviously a god among men.

I better hide my future gf..
Dec 19, 2014 7:10 PM
Dec 2013
It ain't stealing if she wants it bro, Go nuts.
Dec 19, 2014 7:14 PM

Dec 2010
Nanet said:

It is pretty selfish and perhaps conceited of me to say that I admit, but hey it's supported by their words as well not just mine.

And this is only in very specific instances, don't forget that. I'm not saying I'm better suited for EVERY girl with a boyfriend that I talk to, please understand.

Dec 19, 2014 7:16 PM

Apr 2012
Rezurrekt said:
Nanet said:

It is pretty selfish and perhaps conceited of me to say that I admit, but hey it's supported by their words as well not just mine.
Just go for it. It's only morally wrong, but who cares about that shit...

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 19, 2014 7:17 PM
Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
Rivayne said:
Honestly. If I stole someones gf I'd just label them as a slut, have my fun then get rid of them. no point of having a girl who isn't loyal.

Why waste your time even?
Either because they are really attractive or just boost their ego by knowing they are able to steal taken women,
Dec 19, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2012
I'd say it's wrong but so many stay in bad relationships until someone better comes along. Don't come across single girls very often (maybe I'm slightly older here). I'd have had more relationships if I'd been more comfortable doing it though.

More concerned with finding yourself flirting with married women...
Dec 19, 2014 9:35 PM

Dec 2014
wrong. wrong. wrong. super wrong.
( but if the girl/boy happen to not like him anymore, just steal him/her. and the girl/boy will know how much she/he misses him/her. )

my kuroocanda don't want none unless you got tsukibuns hun.
Dec 19, 2014 9:41 PM
Oct 2010
Rezurrekt said:
I've successfully done it once before, and I'm somewhat in the middle of doing it to another right now.

Aka that first girl eventually dumped you. kek.
Dec 19, 2014 9:43 PM

Sep 2012
hentai_proxy said:
Rezurrekt said:
I've successfully done it once before, and I'm somewhat in the middle of doing it to another right now.

The acronym, "A.K.A." doesn't really work here. You'd be better of using, "In other words,".
Dec 19, 2014 9:46 PM

Apr 2012
If he would have used "" it would have worked.

Autocrat said:
Dec 19, 2014 9:52 PM

Sep 2012
Not really. Using, "Also known as" implies that he's referring to nomenclature (be it of an individual, a place or thing, a common name for an occurrence, etc.). The reason it isn't totally proper here is because, "that first girl eventually dumped you" is not a common phrase or cliche that is used in the way one would use a noun.

An example of a proper use of "A.K.A." in reference to a phrase would be:

"She had to take the long stroll out of that dude's apartment after a crazy night. A.K.A. 'The walk of shame'."
Dec 19, 2014 9:53 PM

Jun 2014
hentai_proxy said:
Rezurrekt said:

Or another guy stole her. I'd love that irony.
Dec 19, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
It really sounds like you have white knight syndrome. From what you say, you very intentionally look for women who are in relationships in which you feel bad for them, and swoop in to rescue them away from their undeserving partner. You obviously think very highly of yourself, and you want to save the girl from such a negative relationship. But as you found with the first girl that you saved, there's a reason girls are with jerks. Most of the times they have issues of their own. If you aren't willing to put the time and effort into supporting her through working out her problems, then you should stop trying to steal girlfriends... because with the type of relationships you claim to be trying to break up, you're just going to end up with a "broken girl" over and over again. Most people who go around looking to fix a girls problems by dating them end up getting more than they bargained for.

So if you don't want a girl with baggage, you should really stop looking where you're almost SURE to find one :/ . If you don't like seeing girls in those situations, you can give them advice or encourage them to get out of the relationship that THEY can't handle without putting yourself in a relationship that YOU can't handle.

And that's regardless of whether girlfriend stealing is ok or not. Your self proclaimed inability/unwillingness to deal with baggage just won't go well together with the girls in the type of relationships you're trying to cut into.
Dec 19, 2014 10:12 PM
Oct 2010
Ghost-Lightning said:
hentai_proxy said:

The acronym, "A.K.A." doesn't really work here. You'd be better of using, "In other words,".

Aka anal retentiveness.
Dec 19, 2014 11:14 PM

Dec 2010
JadeQuetzal said:
It really sounds like you have white knight syndrome. From what you say, you very intentionally look for women who are in relationships in which you feel bad for them, and swoop in to rescue them away from their undeserving partner. You obviously think very highly of yourself, and you want to save the girl from such a negative relationship. But as you found with the first girl that you saved, there's a reason girls are with jerks. Most of the times they have issues of their own. If you aren't willing to put the time and effort into supporting her through working out her problems, then you should stop trying to steal girlfriends... because with the type of relationships you claim to be trying to break up, you're just going to end up with a "broken girl" over and over again. Most people who go around looking to fix a girls problems by dating them end up getting more than they bargained for.

So if you don't want a girl with baggage, you should really stop looking where you're almost SURE to find one :/ . If you don't like seeing girls in those situations, you can give them advice or encourage them to get out of the relationship that THEY can't handle without putting yourself in a relationship that YOU can't handle.

And that's regardless of whether girlfriend stealing is ok or not. Your self proclaimed inability/unwillingness to deal with baggage just won't go well together with the girls in the type of relationships you're trying to cut into.

I do have white knight syndrome somewhat. But you guys seem to be misunderstanding me on so many levels. I know many friends who are in relationships. Do I actively try to get in their way? No. Do I get in the way of all bad relationships? No. I didn't say I actively seek out girls who are in bad relationships to try and save them. Can I not like them for who they are as a person, all the while realizing they are in a bad relationship?

I didn't even say I wasn't willing to support her through her problems. If you actually spent some time talking with me, you'd know how much effort I put into making people feel loved and wanted in this world. Am I egotistical about it? No. It's in my personality to care so deeply about others. I know my strengths better than anyone else. I know I'm good at providing emotional support to someone. It's not limited to just girls - it's with anyone I care about, including males. But that isn't the main point of my topic. Besides, I don't think as highly of myself as people may think. I'm not going to try explaining everything because people would flame me saying I'm just trying to get pity or some shit like that. I'm not trying to prove my self-worth either.

Yeah, in the end I couldn't stick with her for as long as we both had hoped when we first went out. Despite that, she told me that she was glad she broke up with him and went out with me, because at the end of the day I made her feel much better as a person than her ex-boyfriend did. Why is it so conceited of me to say that when this is something SHE said, not me? It's not so subjective or arbitrary as people make it out to be. In fact, I recall her saying "I remember when you were there for me and supporting me when I was with my ex, and I'm glad I listened to you". Seriously, if that's not a good thing, then what is?

I'm a "normal" human being that enjoys socializing and meeting new people, too (surprise). But I find more connections with like-minded individuals, i.e. people who have been through hardships growing up like me (and therefore more often than not have a better appreciation for how much they've grown as a person).

Unfortunately, I see that more often in people who have "baggage" as you say, and sometimes they are with someone because of decisions they've made while living that very lifestyle. However, I'm stressing this so much: I am not actively trying to find girls who are in relationships just so I can "white knight" and "save" them. It's a narrow road I walk when I choose a person to save.

I'm pretty offended that you say I self-proclaimed I seek these relationships knowing I have the inability/unwillingness to do so. Not even Superman can save every person. Does it mean he doesn't try his best?

Even if she did dump me (she didn't), I would still be okay with it because she was visibly happier out of that relationship.
RezurrektDec 19, 2014 11:20 PM

Dec 19, 2014 11:21 PM

Sep 2012
hentai_proxy said:
Ghost-Lightning said:

Aka anal retentiveness.

This usage is actually improper as well, since there is no previous statement objectifying my post that you are responding to. Nor is there a colloquialism that you are comparing my actions to.

If you or someone else were to have said, "This guy is being such a stickler for proper English. He's guilty of heavy grammar Nazi-ing." And then you or someone said, "A.K.A. anal retentiveness." That would be a spot on usage.

Please forgive me for all of this. It's the only way to make my major feel like a worthwhile pursuit.
Dec 20, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Not really. Using, "Also known as" implies that he's referring to nomenclature (be it of an individual, a place or thing, a common name for an occurrence, etc.). The reason it isn't totally proper here is because, "that first girl eventually dumped you" is not a common phrase or cliche that is used in the way one would use a noun.

"She had to take the long stroll out of that dude's apartment after a crazy night. A.K.A. 'The walk of shame'."

Not really:
AKA "The first girl eventually dumped you". It can be used with euphemisms and events too.

Autocrat said:
Dec 20, 2014 6:21 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
Ghost-Lightning said:

Not really:
AKA "The first girl eventually dumped you". It can be used with euphemisms and events too.

Yes, but the phrase in question is not a euphemism. Nor is it a colloquialism, which is what the acronym usually proceeds. When using "A.K.A.", you have to remember that the acronym is being used in lieu of the phrase, "Also known as". Whenever you are unsure of whether its usage is proper, write the sentence with the phrase intact.

While, "Also known as, 'The first girl eventually dumped you'" may not be grammatically incorrect (although it isn't ideal either), the implication is that the portion in quotations is a colloquialism, euphemism, or cliche. Which it is not. Again, the usage here isn't grammatically incorrect, just improper.
Dec 20, 2014 6:26 AM

Aug 2014
Only is shes pregnant
Dec 20, 2014 6:27 AM

Oct 2012
Nope! Sometimes it's for the best, if you can take a girl/guy away from their bf/gf their relationship couldnt have been that strong to begin with.
Dec 20, 2014 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
It's always wrong to steal someone's gf/bf. Regardless of the reason. But it's also wrong of the gf/bf for so easily being tempted. Damn fickle people.
Dec 20, 2014 9:10 AM

Apr 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
-Bullshit-

"I've successfully done it once before ("stealing" a girlfriend), and I'm somewhat in the middle of doing it to another right now ("stealing" a girlfriend)."

"AKA "the first girl dumped you"."

That joke assumes certain premises:
1. OP wants monoamorous relationships so he's not going to "cheat".
2. OP is looking to "steal a girlfriend".

Thus, he got "dumped". Otherwise he wouldn't be looking for another "girlfriend" to "steal".

Improper usage? Who says so? You? On what basis?
The acronym works in this case, that's all that matters.
Rezurrekt said:
-snip-

People have this weird idea that their cultural reasoning is the only right one.
From what I know, you are all being hypocrites, people are not objects, so they're not property, or at least that's what it implies being a living being from our (actually your) current standards. Relationships do not bind you forever to your partner and "putting yourself between them" is not illegal. It actually shouldn't even be unethical, as it denies other ethical rules.

So Rezzurekt, just go for it, why ask MAL's permission? You'll only get backlash from a bunch of closed minded ignoramuses.
ImmahnoobDec 20, 2014 9:13 AM

Autocrat said:
Dec 20, 2014 9:12 AM
Dec 2013
towerally said:
wrong. wrong. wrong. super wrong.
( but if the girl/boy happen to not like him anymore, just steal him/her. and the girl/boy will know how much she/he misses him/her. )

Now when you mean "stolen" by many girls, you mean taken away from you and making him theirs, right?
Dec 20, 2014 9:13 AM

Mar 2012
I think its very rood to do
Dec 20, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
If their relationship is bad, yes. Otherwise, no.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 20, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
Comic_Sans said:

Who made you the arbiter of their relationship? Things often appear worse than they are if you find it to your benefit.
Dec 20, 2014 9:25 AM

Mar 2014
Drugs said:
Comic_Sans said:

Who made you the arbiter of their relationship? Things often appear worse than they are if you find it to your benefit.

''Arbiter of their relationship''? Jesus christ
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 20, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Drugs said:

''Arbiter of their relationship''? Jesus christ

I'm sorry you don't like my word choice. I'll ask your permission next time I type something up
Dec 20, 2014 9:52 AM
Dec 2014
I think it's a bad think to distroy a relationship that works fine. As long as they get along very well you have to be an asshole, a trash to get in the way of their happpiness.

BUT if they were to seem as they are not meant for each other and if I know that she suffers I wouldn't see it as wrong to "steal" her.
Dec 20, 2014 10:23 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
Ghost-Lightning said:
-Bullshit-

"I've successfully done it once before ("stealing" a girlfriend), and I'm somewhat in the middle of doing it to another right now ("stealing" a girlfriend)."

"AKA "the first girl dumped you"."

That joke assumes certain premises:
1. OP wants monoamorous relationships so he's not going to "cheat".
2. OP is looking to "steal a girlfriend".

Thus, he got "dumped". Otherwise he wouldn't be looking for another "girlfriend" to "steal".

Improper usage? Who says so? You? On what basis?
The acronym works in this case, that's all that matters.

I don't think we've been on the same page. The basis on which I was stating my case was the basis of universally acceptable grammar standards. That said, I wasn't trying to seem pompous, or insult your intelligence (again, recall that I said that the usage was not incorrect, just improper, meaning that it was a "wonky" use of the acronym). But for the sake of this thread's posterity, we can be done with this.
Dec 20, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
"Universally acceptable grammar standards" - Start with this then, can you explain why is it "wonky" usage?

Autocrat said:
Dec 20, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
"Universally acceptable grammar standards" - Start with this then, can you explain why is it "wonky" usage?

Okay. "A.K.A." is an acronym. The letters stand for the words in the phrase, "also known as". When using the acronym in a sentence, it is as a substitute for the phrase. In my earlier example I wrote:

While, "Also known as, 'The first girl eventually dumped you'" may not be grammatically incorrect (although it isn't ideal either), the implication is that the portion in quotations is a colloquialism, euphemism, or cliche. Which it is not. Again, the usage here isn't grammatically incorrect, just improper.

The sentence, "Also known as, 'The first girl eventually dumped you'" is my example of the usage being wonky. As I stated in a previous post, that sentence is NOT grammatically incorrect. However, the implication is that this portion: "The first girl eventually dumped you" is a commonly used colloquialism or cliche, like the one I brought up in the example before that (The walk of shame).

It may have just been that I was explaining it poorly. The usage is NOT GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT. It's just noticeably peculiar.
Dec 20, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
Rezurrekt said:

I didn't even say I wasn't willing to support her through her problems.

Rezurrekt said:

I'm pretty offended that you say I self-proclaimed I seek these relationships knowing I have the inability/unwillingness to do so. Not even Superman can save every person. Does it mean he doesn't try his best?

>>>>
Rezurrekt said:
It didn't work out in the end because it was emotionally draining to "fix" her.

hence inability/unwillingness. I wasn't sure if unwillingness was the best word to write, so I wrote both. Obviously you know you're not able to deal with "fixing" someone who comes with some deep rooted problems. So yeah, if you already know those things are not easy to deal with, and you aren't able to cope because it's too "emotionally draining", then stop getting involved with girls like that. Look, I get it. I have my own problems and I know my husband had a hard time dealing with them. Not everyone CAN deal with the stress that brings to a relationship. It's not a bad thing to admit you can't. But if you already *know* you can't, then you really shouldn't keep aiming for the kind of girl who will probably have those problems.

Rezurrekt said:

I am not actively trying to find girls who are in relationships just so I can "white knight" and "save" them. It's a narrow road I walk when I choose a person to save.

>>>>>>
Rezurrekt said:
but I do it simply because I don't like seeing people who deserve much better with someone that doesn't treat them like it.

but I do a lot of "relationship counselling" with the person before-hand. I tend to get along with them quite well, I'm emotionally supportive, and I simply like to cheer people up. It just ends up at the point where we both develop feelings for each other and that's how I justify doing something like this.

I'm not saying I'm going to forcefully get them to do things behind their back. Emotionally, sure - but shit like that happens all the time. I still believe I'm within reasonable boundaries. I don't try to hold hands, kiss, or have sex with the person when they're still with someone. In many countries, that's wrong. I'm not THAT much of a scumbag, if at all.

Everything about that says that you very intentionally search out girls with relationship problems (or should I say, weed through them for the ones with problems) then play the part of the supportive friend in the hopes they'll leave the guy for you.

Get offended all you want, they're your own words. You come on asking for an opinion, a few people try to give you serious opinions, but you are so dead set on your way of thinking that you defend so strongly. Why are you here asking for opinions if you obviously don't WANT them?
Dec 20, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2012
Why do you necessarily think that if someone wants opinions that means they can't argue them...?

@Ghost-Lightning
Dude, where the hell do you get your rules? That's where my problem lies here with you.

If it's just a peculiar use, why does it have to be wrong usage? I'm not necessarily talking about grammar here.

Autocrat said:
Dec 20, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Well there's the problem. I was talking about grammar. If you were just saying that, regardless of how proper or improper it was, we can still understand what he was trying to communicate with the use of the acronym, than you're absolutely right.
Dec 20, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
Who cares

If you're worried about people stealing your bf/gf, then you don't have much trust in your relationship.

If you just attempt to poach other relationships by exploiting faults and insecurities for easy access, then you don't have much confidence in yourself.
Dec 20, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2012
You said it's not "grammatically incorrect" and that it does communicate it's message.

So I don't see how "grammar" is the relevant part here... It seems contradictory.

Autocrat said:
Dec 20, 2014 11:35 PM

Oct 2014
People tend to believe what they want to believe. In general humans want to believe they are right/good and hence they try to justify their actions.
Dec 20, 2014 11:43 PM

Dec 2014
I'm personally an open-relationship fan. Not everyone can accomplish that successfully, either. I may change my mind in the future, but for now it's really working for me, and I haven't seriously hurt others this way.
Basically the same deal for you. Be honest and shit. The two-timing thing is fucking weak. But you sound really full of yourself. Everyone who likes someone else will think they're better than the competitor. Then it becomes some weird property game or something instead of, "wow, I genuinely like you and want the best for you."
And if you're just in it for the sex, don't lie about it being anything else.
(っ◔◡◔)っ just on my dumb shit
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

9 by vasipi4946 »»
11 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 43 minutes ago

3 by rohan121 »»
33 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 7 hours ago

13 by Lost_Viking »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.