Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2014 11:20 AM

May 2009

Basically my feelings regarding the second season summed up in one picture
Dec 18, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2014
Damn, those Eliminators should've given Kamui and Tofgane a horrible death, so how come Togane is still alive?
Dec 18, 2014 11:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tres_Bandidas said:
Damn, those Eliminators should've given Kamui and Tofgane a horrible death, so how come Togane is still alive?
I think that he is. Apparently he's in the movie PV
Dec 18, 2014 11:31 AM
Nov 2009
Would be nice if Mika became a villain in future sequels to this series.

It was an aight ending I guess. 8/10
Dec 18, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
Piece.

of.

Shit.
Dec 18, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
So this is it for S2? This series was good, i guess but there was no need for it at all.

MrKenkadze27 said:

I liked this part
Dec 18, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2011
PP S2 was bad compared to PP S1, but compared to other anime it was quite good. This whole season is just an extended canon filler which was made in order to introduce new characters and promote the upcoming PP movie which is going to reedeem all the shit this season has done, at least I hope so.

So 7/10
Dec 18, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
Shiyanikku said:

Basically my feelings regarding the second season summed up in one picture

Haha, pretty much sums up my feelings for S2 as well.
Dec 18, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
an alright series, best series of this season

Dec 18, 2014 11:48 AM

May 2010
This season had some really crappy characterizations and a lot of plot points made zero sense...hopefully the movie will be better. There was still a few enjoyable things about this season though but in comparison to the first season it's pretty bad... :/
Dec 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2009
To me, the highlight in this episode is Kamui saving Akane. When she was in danger of being manipulated by Tougane, Kamui soothed her. The way he smiled before he died was sad, but I think he liked it no other way. He was finally read as a collective after all.

Still Sibyl clearly wanted him to die. It was persuading Akane quite vocally. Laughable really, how pathetic it is. But it wanted to exist longer as a system...

Anyway, Tougane should have died, but he had godly dodging techniques in this show...

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Dec 18, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
This website has become filled with nothing but whiners, sad really.
Dec 18, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2011
One of the worst episodes I seen all year. Lets go through a list of why I think this episode was absolute shit.

-Akane taking down Tougane was retarded.
-The utter stupidity of not having non lethal weapons besides the denominator's paralyse mode.
-Kasei conveniently being in front of Sibyl.
-Kasei should have immediately died and exploded but no let her fall on her ass and allow her to talk for a couple of seconds.
- Sibyl has a large steel door but apparently Kamui can speak through it and it can get to Sibyl.
-The fact that Sibyl stopped because of what Kamui said. I am sure they heard many things over the years by people but no those words made it stop. Funny how when the door opened they were functioning properly.
-More needless gore from season 2.
-The whole Kamui changing to different forms was cheesy and not necessary. We get it you are from multiple people, stop shoving it down our throats.
-Kamui might be the collective of all those people but that doesn't mean he has to speak like them individually. Why the studio directing the episode did this is beyond me. If it is to evoke emotion they did a terrible job at it.
-Shisui being taken out way to easily by Ginoza was random. So you take out Ginoza for large portions of the season but why the hell not bring him in to take out the Shisui.
-The enforcers from Akane's team did jack crap. Absolutely disappointing.
-Didn't like the sudden character shift in Tougane.
-Kamui pointing the denominator at Sibyl and it having a CC of 300. Another generic number thrown out with no context.
-Kamui could've destroyed Sibyl but no hesitate because of plot
-Sibyl used some kind of gas to destroy every single brain but the main one. Yet we can clearly see brains being shuffled around during the Kamui and Tougane exchange.
-Tougane crying.......ya no.
-Tougane cutting off his hand way too quickly.
-Tougane's mom telling a child the inner workings of Sibyl. No fluff but hell let him know why you are going.
-Tougane's screaming was annoying
-We learn Kamui has a CC of 300. Where did that number come from? Who the hell knows. But what is funny is how Akane is pointing the lethal denominator at him and telling him he is under arrest.
-Akane putting her hand on her ears was dumb.
-Akane should have had her CC increase by a little. I don't buy this "she is pure bullshit".
-Music was unfitting and distracting.
-Tougane and Kamui taking each other out was lame and cliche.
-Kamui being pushed back off his feet was random. He should have been able to stand and exploded. But no lets have him fly off his feet and have that generic anime smile.
-Tougane not dying by denominator and running away. Why? Who the hell knows.
-Shisui could have blew up the bombs but no plot.
-A giant denominator sniper that just paralyses the individual. Stupid and unnecessary
-The giant sniper shouldn't have made it in time but hey for plot purposes let it hit her first before she can press a fucking button.
-Sibyl removes the Akane's inspector title but then says "inspector Akane, take out Kamui".
-The division 3 guy says Akane is under arrest but doesn't think to check her CC.
-Mika being useless and once again letting her enforcers do the work. I mean granted the enforcers (besides Ginoza) did jack crap but at least they something.
-Mika being retarded and screaming at the top of her lungs
-Mika saying she will forget everything
-Mika sucking the metaphorical dick of Sibyl
-Akane smiling in front of Kasei and even making a joke in front of her
-Nothing said about Kamui's followers
-No build up to the movie

This episode was even worse than the Akame Ga Kill final episode. I was shaking my head the entire time at the utter stupidity of it. 4/10 as an episode and 4/10 as a series.
GovDec 18, 2014 12:25 PM
Dec 18, 2014 12:03 PM
Sep 2013
An ok conclusion Akane finally getting one over on Sibly forcing it to chnage. Really hoping for a more dramatic conclusion especially with Kougame in the opening but owell. 7/10.
Dec 18, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
To be succint: 3/10
Dec 18, 2014 12:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ah, Tougane.. What a huge disappointment he turned out to be. I was willing to look over his obsessive nature to color Akane black and even thought he might be a second coming of Kougami. Boy, I couldn't be more stupidly wrong.

Kirito also wasn't much of an impressive villain as he seemed in the beginning of the show. But I guess he at least made Sibyl realize the significance of having a collective Psycho-Pass.

I want to say stuff about Akane too, but I'll hold it because I still do like quite a lot. From a general viewpoint, she's one of the strongest female lead in the recent years of anime.

Overall, okay series. 6/10. Would've raised it to 7/10 if Mika died. Anyways, looking forward to the upcoming movie.

Dec 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
So from what I'm reading in this forum, everybody including myself loved season 1 better.

I just hope the movie turns out better than this finale
Dec 18, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
I would commend on this episode and season, but I'm still puking.
Dec 18, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2011
You know comparing this to the Kogami vs Makashima fight makes this even more disappointing. Convenient how Akane didn't get her hands dirty and is still crystal clear. Hands down the worst sequel to an anime I ever seen.

They should remove the "2" from the name and just call this an OVA or something.
Dec 18, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
I thought it'd be better but nah

Dec 18, 2014 12:15 PM
Oct 2013
Anyone else sat there each week hoping something interesting would happen that scales up to season 1's standards but instead turned out to be boring, completely rushed, loaded with shitty characters and ended terribly?

Yeah....

I feel like my psycho pass will be well over 300 after watching this disaster of a second season, I think my palms have gone red from smacking my forehead so much. 4/10...
Dec 18, 2014 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
I'm going to act like this season never happened
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Dec 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
nah, It wasn't bad... it wasn't good... IT WAS NOTHING.
Dec 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
Oh holy wow, I think after this failure I might go to bed and rethink why I ever thought watching this series was a good idea. Yet nothing was resolved and half of it was just jumbled up none of this makes sense except maybe the first season was a hundred times better.....
Dec 18, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2013

4/10
Dec 18, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2008
Dec 18, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
Well now its over man I'm going to miss those songs!
[/quote]
Dec 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2014
They where awesome

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 18, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2014
People really hated it THIS much?
I loved this season as much as I did the first.
But, whatever, I guess. Just seeing a 5/10 as one of the top reviews is a bit... unsettling.
Dec 18, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
Just thought I would post this here as well. If anyone has anything I'm missing, feel free to PM me, comment here or on my profile. It just really bothers me if I finish a series without understanding a lot of it.

-Akie said:
I'm also REALLY confused about what they meant by a "Collective Psycho-Pass."

Ok, here is my interpretation:

Something tells me I completely missed the mark. Tell me if I'm wrong or if there's anything missing here please ^^

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Dec 18, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
This episode isn't the worst of this series, but overall season 2 was pretty underwhelming...

Let's have hope for the movie and pretend this never happened...
Dec 18, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
Darkdrone said:
One of the worst episodes I seen all year. Lets go through a list of why I think this episode was absolute shit.

-The utter stupidity of not having non lethal weapons besides the denominator's paralyse mode.
-Kasei should have immediately died and exploded but no let her fall on her ass and allow her to talk for a couple of seconds.
- Sibyl has a large steel door but apparently Kamui can speak through it and it can get to Sibyl.
-The fact that Sibyl stopped because of what Kamui said. I am sure they heard many things over the years by people but no those words made it stop. Funny how when the door opened they were functioning properly.
-The whole Kamui changing to different forms was cheesy and not necessary. We get it you are from multiple people, stop shoving it down our throats.
-Kamui might be the collective of all those people but that doesn't mean he has to speak like them individually. Why the studio directing the episode did this is beyond me. If it is to evoke emotion they did a terrible job at it.
-Shisui being taken out way to easily by Ginoza was random. So you take out Ginoza for large portions of the season but why the hell not bring him in to take out the Shisui.
-Kamui pointing the denominator at Sibyl and it having a CC of 300. Another generic number thrown out with no context.
-Sibyl used some kind of gas to destroy every single brain but the main one. Yet we can clearly see brains being shuffled around during the Kamui and Tougane exchange.
-Tougane's mom telling a child the inner workings of Sibyl. No fluff but hell let him know why you are going.
-We learn Kamui has a CC of 300. Where did that number come from? Who the hell knows. But what is funny is how Akane is pointing the lethal denominator at him and telling him he is under arrest.
-Akane should have had her CC increase by a little. I don't buy this "she is pure bullshit".
-Kamui being pushed back off his feet was random. He should have been able to stand and exploded. But no lets have him fly off his feet and have that generic anime smile.
-A giant denominator sniper that just paralyses the individual. Stupid and unnecessary
-The giant sniper shouldn't have made it in time but hey for plot purposes let it hit her first before she can press a fucking button.
-Sibyl removes the Akane's inspector title but then says "inspector Akane, take out Kamui".
-The division 3 guy says Akane is under arrest but doesn't think to check her CC.
-Mika being useless and once again letting her enforcers do the work. I mean granted the enforcers (besides Ginoza) did jack crap but at least they something.

This episode was even worse than the Akame Ga Kill final episode. I was shaking my head the entire time at the utter stupidity of it. 4/10 as an episode and 4/10 as a series.

Well, I would agree the ending was like okayish i guess? But many of the points you have given feel more like nitpicks imho. I mean things like cutting off the hand or crying are not like enormous issues or anything.

Well anyways, that being said, this season is inferior to season 1 but it was still entertaining nonetheless. Liked how they actually address the collective entity portion.
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Dec 18, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
Seta19 said:

My thoughts exactly. Remind me not to visit the MAL forums again. What an absolute shitfest.
Dec 18, 2014 1:17 PM

Dec 2012
Decent ending, I quess... But I still liked season 1 more :/

I gave it an 8/10 never the less :P
Dec 18, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
Wow no Kogami? 0/10
Dec 18, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2011
zerriet said:
Darkdrone said:

Well, I would agree the ending was like okayish i guess? But many of the points you have given feel more like nitpicks imho. I mean things like cutting off the hand or crying are not like enormous issues or anything.

Well anyways, that being said, this season is inferior to season 1 but it was still entertaining nonetheless. Liked how they actually address the collective entity portion.

Dude you try so hard to be positive with the show and I commend your efforts but this episode was unacceptable.
Dec 18, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
Everyone is so salty, I'm loving all the bitch fits. xD

It was an anticlimactic ending, but the season was decent overall. I'll give it a 7 at most.

Glad that Kamui and Tougame got themselves killed. Both of them were pricks in the end.

Mika didn't have the guts to kill him in the end, but at least, for a moment, she realized just how stupid she had been. I'm actually curious about what's going to happen to her in the movie and beyond. She seems to be on a slope to insanity.

Still a bit upset about poor grandma :(

I'm not disappointed about watching this series, and I'm somewhat satisfied with the end, even if I was hoping for a bit more. If a season 3 pops up, I'll definitely watch it.

"It is not society that determines people's futures. It is people that determine society's future." I can actually dig that quote, keeping it in mind.
Dec 18, 2014 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
Meh was an okey season, not even close to 1st one tho.

Hope the movie will be some hardcore stuff to make up for this season.
Dec 18, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2013
Darkdrone said:
zerriet said:

Dude you try so hard to be positive with the show and I commend your efforts but this episode was unacceptable.

I am really not trying anything, I am just speaking my mind and the honest truth is that, I feel conflicted over this episode, in the sense that I liked some plot points and the overall feel/concept, but the execution was kinda meh. It is just that the points you have listed do feel very minor to me, but hey I think everyone is allowed to judge this season to their own accord. I would be lying if i said i absolutely detest this season
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Dec 18, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
Novangel said:
Seta19 said:

My thoughts exactly. Remind me not to visit the MAL forums again. What an absolute shitfest.

Agreed.
Dec 18, 2014 1:41 PM

Mar 2014
Sybil saving face was so damn anti climatic

I also don't like the Sybil/Akane partnership foreshadow... She needs Kougami about now

Mika should've shot him... I understand her line of thinking but it would've been much needed growth

6/10
Dec 18, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
Darkdrone. I don't know how we can know if or if not nothing has built up to the movie. For one some characters in the movie were only introduced in this like the red head dude and that new other enforce, Mika's character in the movie could be based on this for all we know. Hell the whole rebellion theme might be due to Sybil trying to judge groups and cause an international incident for all we know.
Jaywalker.
Dec 18, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
DCDrewzee said:
Novangel said:

Agreed.

Man those people can't be blamed because they don't watched this just for enjoyment/entertainment.
Because we also watch it for plot and a story that makes sense.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 18, 2014 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
Meh. It was boring from start to finish.
I just stopped caring early on and just wanted this show to finish as soon as possible.

And why does this show has such a high score?
Dec 18, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2010
People are forgetting that this is just a build-up season for the movie, so it isn't really an "end".
Dec 18, 2014 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
In and of itself, Season 2 wasn't bad. It was honestly pretty good, and I never once felt bored. But Season 1 was just so much more incredible and great in everything- characters, plot, etc. I even liked the music a lot more in the first season. Season 2 just really pales in comparison;;

My main issue is that Season 2 didn't really solve any of the problems presented to us in Season 1. Kagari had gotten labeled a latent criminal when he was just 5 years old, and nothing's been done after all this time to prevent situations like that from happening again. Inspectors that end up clouding their psycho pass due to needing to "think like a criminal to catch the criminal" can still end up being labeled as latent criminals. And it looks like people like Kougami will have to always live as a fugitive or something. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like that these situations can still happen. And I don't like that Akane acts like she cared so much about those people, yet has done nothing that could improve such situations. She hasn't even made any suggestions regarding such things. And then there's people like Mika, who are the very type of people that Makishima would've hated. She's become someone that just follows the system like a sheep with no mind of her own :/

And then, instead of solving the problems that still exist, Season 2 just presented us with brand new problems. And it didn't even really feel like it completely solved these new problems either. Idk, I'm not even really sure what to think about this finale.

But still, in and of itself, Season 2 wasn't bad, and it kept me interested for pretty much the whole time. I think some of the hate it's getting is really overboard..

Season 1 was a 10 for me, but Season 2 was an 8 (was considering a 7 but I liked it more than some of the other animes I rated a 7, so... Too bad a 7.5 isn't possible).
removed-userDec 18, 2014 2:28 PM
Dec 18, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2010
This season is really getting a lot of bandwagon hate. The sheeps really are coming out tonight.
Dec 18, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2013
Aw, Akane's not an Inspector anymore.
Tougane killed his mother before she joined Sibyl.
And Kamui just killed Tougane's mother after she joined Sibyl.

Sibyl has accepted collective Psycho-Pass, leading to the death of Kamui who manages to damage Tougane enough.
With a Criminal Coefficient of 899, Mika should have just administered justice immediately.
But because she didn't, she has become Sibyl's new slave.

With the collective Psycho-Pass, innocent individuals may be criminals as a group.
This could lead to more stories. Also, the ending was okay.
But as of now, I'll wait for the movie and the return of Kougami. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 18, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
so what was the point of this season again? there was no point in making this without gen. GG.
Dec 18, 2014 1:58 PM

Aug 2014
I really hope that Mika didn't save Tougane and now he will be back to get revenge on Akane.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.