Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Aug 2, 2015 7:43 PM

I agree with a lot that's been said already, and I just wanted to add that I felt the ending was sooooo underwhelming. Sibyl gets her way because she kills the brains causing her crime coefficient to go up...Kamui finally is able to "see" his color because Sibyl finally makes it possible to read multiple Psycho Passes...

So why is this dangerous? Why did Sibyl not want this to happen? Is it because it will someday judge society and see that all the individuals collectively share a crime coefficient over 300 and thus Sibyl will go on a murderous rampage/fail to work properly???
⋆-_- ♠

Aug 20, 2015 1:03 AM
FINALLY I'M SO GLAD THAT TOUGANE IS DEAD!!!

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET YOU PUNKASS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

CrunchOfAnime said:
Windfall said:

I see a lot of people asking this and It really doesn't make much sense to me. That character that appeared in prison was clearly Mizue Shisui.

^^^Agreed. I thought that this was Shisui being sent into some sort of facility for treatment after being brainwashed by Kamui.

This. I can't believe he's dead...
Modified by JafriZin, Aug 21, 2015 7:25 AM

Aug 20, 2015 6:55 PM

That final confrontation was actually decent. I somewhat liked it.

As for this season as a whole, there were times when it made me cringe, and there were episodes that would get me excited. There were also a couple of interesting ideas, but unfortunately, they were overshadowed by the amateur writing and gore fanservice.

To mention the characters, well...they were a boring bunch, I would say. Ginoza got put aside, Yayoi had no expansion in her character, Hinakawa was there to do stuff, Mika's there to piss people off, and I could go on. Even the promising Togane ended up being boring to watch.

Not much to comment on the Animation & Sound departments. Art felt lazy at the first couple episodes but it got consistent soon after. One thing I'd like to say about the Sound is that almost every episode would end with a cliffhanger track, and what a cheap tactic that was.

So yeah, there's a messy plot, an even larger set of flat characters, and other annoying issues. Psycho-Pass 2 sucked balls. The question is, am I going to rate this by comparing it to Season 1, or by its own merits? If it's the latter, I can't think of a score any higher than 4/10 though.
Modified by PriestSlayer, Aug 21, 2015 1:40 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Aug 22, 2015 5:42 AM
*cricket sound*

Sigh...

So I've been posting so many questions over what happened in every episode but NOBODY agrees/listens to me.

For crying out loud, I can't believe this shit was so bananas compared to the 1st one. Since watching anime is become a part of my life but my memory/span became strong to recall things that happened in this anime but I should've try not to take it so seriously & the others are even though it really hurts my feelings. Right in the feels.

AND FOR GOD SAKE, I still don't understand why is everyone still talking shit about season 2 anyway?

- Is Kirito Kamui an innocent guy at the end or what?!
- I feel bad for Mika Shimotsuki. Whoever did this to her & end up being Tougane's bitch shall pay from what he's done!! For those who've been hating her so much, BOO HOO!! cry me a river already.
- And yes, WHY IS NOBODY SEEMS TO BOTHER TO TALK ABOUT WHAT'S LEFT FROM WHAT HAPPENED IN SEASON 1?!

I'm not trying to argue here anyway but I really really care about this anime so much & I know everyone has a different site of attitude, opinion & perception but mine is different. this is ME being a regular person who like to enjoy anime for pure entertainment & making such a poor excuse from others who like to criticize this anime so much.

sigh.... alrighty then...
Modified by JafriZin, Aug 22, 2015 8:47 AM

Sep 4, 2015 12:54 PM

what happen in this series..??
previous season so fucking good
and then suddenly turned into garbage gore with garbage plot.. LOL
1/10

Sep 4, 2015 4:21 PM
ponz said:
I don't understand how Sybil could be judged as being over 300. Isn't it made up of entirely asymptomatic people? Do they lose their ability to manage their psycho passes after having their brains removed? And asymptomatic people aren't 0 (at least not always), so how could the psycho pass end up at 0?

I'm not sure if I missed something or I'm overthinking it...

Also, it was way too wrapped up. Even the very minor incident of tension between Ginoza and Sugo is resolved with a pat on the shoulder. >.<

Ugh... I haven't decided on a rating... The show was so condensed that I'll need at least a week to process it all!

If you heard the ending, Chief Kasei says that individually they can be clear but when judged as a group they can be not clear.

Sep 27, 2015 5:05 AM

Disappointing, but not as bad as I thought it would be. It relied too heavily on bloodshed and had too many plot holes to be good. Also in comparison to S1 the characters (apart from Akane) were really bland and lacked any introduction and development. I'll give it a 5/10 for now, most likely will fall down to 4

Oct 10, 2015 8:38 AM

Well that was fucking retarded

2/10

At least S1 was entertaining
My review of Tokyo Ghoul √A was removed due to suppressions from unknown elements and had to be re-uploaded again. Click HERE to learn why!

Nov 6, 2015 2:54 PM

Everyone saying that the second season was disgusting and I'm here thinking it was even better than the first season.

> Better pace
> Great cast (Akane is fucking badass now, Gino is great, Tougane was THE character who made Psycho-Pass 2 - at least, in my opinion - and Saiga Jouji was interesting too)
> Great OST, like the first season. I liked the OP/ED (best ED from the series imo)
> Better animation (11 episodes rather than 22 so it's normal) and still the great atmosphere that I liked from Psycho-Pass

I don't agree with people saying "Kamui = Makishima bis", they are totally different characters, particularly when you learn who Kamui really is, "his" true nature.

They share perhaps similarities in their modus operandi, but they are clearly different :
Makishima was using people for his goal while Kamui was helping people, making them clear, and just wanted to be judged and recognized by Sibyl.

Don't get me wrong, the first season was great too and had clearly more potential, but there were many moments that slowed the pace from the story (Spooky Boogie case, flashbacks from secondary characters, Makishima endless speeches with his numerous book quotes...)

So yeah, I can understand people who prefer the first season but I don't understand people saying it was utter shit and a pain to watch when it was actually pretty well-made and enjoyable to watch (which was a big surprise in my case because there weren't Kou and Tot-san, my 2 fav characters from the 1st season)
Modified by Satoshi, Nov 6, 2015 3:00 PM

Nov 6, 2015 4:13 PM

^What
My review of Tokyo Ghoul √A was removed due to suppressions from unknown elements and had to be re-uploaded again. Click HERE to learn why!

Nov 13, 2015 10:36 PM

Sami-kun said:
Everyone saying that the second season was disgusting and I'm here thinking it was even better than the first season.

> Better pace
> Great cast (Akane is fucking badass now, Gino is great, Tougane was THE character who made Psycho-Pass 2 - at least, in my opinion - and Saiga Jouji was interesting too)
> Great OST, like the first season. I liked the OP/ED (best ED from the series imo)
> Better animation (11 episodes rather than 22 so it's normal) and still the great atmosphere that I liked from Psycho-Pass

I don't agree with people saying "Kamui = Makishima bis", they are totally different characters, particularly when you learn who Kamui really is, "his" true nature.

They share perhaps similarities in their modus operandi, but they are clearly different :
Makishima was using people for his goal while Kamui was helping people, making them clear, and just wanted to be judged and recognized by Sibyl.

Don't get me wrong, the first season was great too and had clearly more potential, but there were many moments that slowed the pace from the story (Spooky Boogie case, flashbacks from secondary characters, Makishima endless speeches with his numerous book quotes...)

So yeah, I can understand people who prefer the first season but I don't understand people saying it was utter shit and a pain to watch when it was actually pretty well-made and enjoyable to watch (which was a big surprise in my case because there weren't Kou and Tot-san, my 2 fav characters from the 1st season)

>great cast
>great ost
>better animation

am i supposed to take this post seriously ?

Nov 18, 2015 6:26 AM

Kougami became a ghost in ths season.

7/10

Time to watch the movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 20, 2015 4:31 PM
Great show, probably best crime animation.
But the final episode didn't quite wrap up everything, we still don't know what happened to Mika at the end nor do we know what has happened after the system has changed.
In this season as well we couldn't take a glimpse of what and how Shinya Kogame has been doing.

Nov 20, 2015 4:33 PM
What i loved about season 2 is that Ginoza has finally started believing in his own abilities even though he was demoted from an inspector to become an enforcer who was constantly bullied by Mika. Do happy for him! Akane as well has grown to become a bright inspector, as bright as Kogame if not better :)

Nov 28, 2015 5:37 PM
Guys can someone just tell me I always get so confused how is the chief just like there at the end is that supposed to be a different person who represents Sibyl?? Like literally was so confused I'm like how the hell is the chief there she was just shot wtf

Dec 14, 2015 7:51 PM

Not nearly as good as the first season but I expected as much. The OP and ED this time around weren't good at all imo and I skipped the OP every time which I rarely do. The plot itself was just a lot more meh than the original. I could care less about Sakuya and the nothingness he brought to the show. I doubt I'm going to watch the movie now since this just really put me off the idea of more Psycho-Pass because this was such a let down.

6/10

Dec 14, 2015 8:18 PM

Good finale, but really mixed on this one.

Kamui was able to technically kill Tougane's mother, even though she was just a figure for Sybile. Heck how many times did the chief's body destroyed back in S1 :P

Also fuck that Shisui. Seriously she went crazy as fuck and i can't believe a normal side character inspector could do so damage so far.

It's an interesting concept they were trying to cover. Collective Psycho-Pass in one person. I think the show really shows how flawed something like Sybil system can be.

Do wonder if a society can accept such a thing.

So Kamui dies in the end. How the hell did Tougane survived the lethal blast!?!?! And Shimotsuki is annoying the shit out of me. Seriously i hope Yayoi finds out what she did and torture the hell out of here.

As usual the Chief survives. I wonder if Tougne did died??!

I think the problem is how the series ended in a middle of the show. Its not fully covered as S1. Heck S1 ended on a high note, and Psycho-Pass 2 feels like it ended at the middle.

I give it an 7 or 8. Definitely not on par with Season 1, but at least the music and gore is much more.

Gonna watch the movie and see if it can follow up much better :)

Dec 14, 2015 8:44 PM

L3gEnDaRy said:
This anime is legit , infinite/10 freaking love this series , really amazing anime

I agree completly

Jan 8, 2016 4:32 PM

This was unnecessary terrible sequel, Psycho-Pass should have ended at the 1st season.
4/10

Feb 28, 2016 7:15 PM
good final. Togane is death. Almost kirito revenge and execute sibyl,but prefer save akane and death.
Good climax. One day i watched the movie. and Kirito responsible to forced system sibyl evolued.
Kirito kamui make good rival in collective inteligence for sibyl.
Now i read teorys of anime for my fun and understand more about anime.

Feb 29, 2016 1:02 AM

Good , but the prequel is better than this. still , 8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 13, 2016 1:38 PM

I liked this season overall and the end was good. I give it 8/10.

Akane will uphold the law no matter what so it'd be good if she was one of the brains in a jar lol. I don't think she wants that.

I can't believe Sibyl destroyed some of it's own brains and Kamui finally got a read of his crime coefficient as it finally recognised him.

But now after all that he's dead and Togane mother who was somehow pretending to be Kasei, which I don't know how or where the real one was. I thought his mother really was that one which kinda would have been a plot, I didn't know she was impersonating her until I read it on the Wikia and it all made sense how she was there at the end again after being shot.

Plus Togane and Kamui shot at each other and killed each other at the same time, or not quite because somehow and I don't get how Togane survived for a bit then the other girl Mika was gonna kill him but he just died, which I wasn't sure if he had or not and said she'd keep it all a secret.

Well, quite intense episode and season. It didn't have Shinya or Shougo from the first season which made that season epic but the plot of this season Kamui wanting to be recognised after his Frankenstein surgery and to get revenge for the season of hell was an interesting story made more interesting by it being interlaced with Togane and his mothers story.

I did not like Mika much though, Akane was a bit cooler this season though and she imagined Kougami a few times and started to smoke like him because he missed his smell which is sweet.

I can't wait to see when the movie is dubbed what happens as Shinya is in it, that should be epic again.
Modified by stephtastrophe, Apr 13, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 22, 2016 10:27 AM

Not as good as the first season but still pretty enjoyable, i was waiting for Kougami reappearance all the time but never happened, and that annoying Shimotsuki was a bummer nothing happened to her as well.

Overall score 7/19, onto the movir, i hope it'll be better

May 8, 2016 1:46 AM
Wait a second. Mika is that girl from Oso Academy, right? Yayoi comforted her, when her friend died. That's why she likes her. Wow, they never adressed that, i didn't figured it out until now.

May 31, 2016 10:19 AM

How did Misako/random brains within Sybil even get 300+ Crime Coefficient if they are made up of criminally asymptomatic brains, which by definition, maintain a clear psycho-pass despite criminal activity???? (And it was the Sybil System itself judging itself in order to produce a number-- wtf why would they even do that) And talking about "discarding elements that will increase their Crime Coefficient"?? How is that even necessary if they're all CA???

I felt like this whole season was predicated on the idea that the Sybil System is undeniably evil, whereas last season, it was more of a question of do the good parts outweigh the bad parts, ie. Sybil System as morally grey, but a necessary part of maintaining a peaceful and stable society.

Jul 10, 2016 8:00 AM

There's honestly no solid reason to watch this.

4/10

Jul 14, 2016 11:01 AM

I have some questions.
Why could Togane mother be judged? Aren't the people that compose Sybil system asymptomatic, unable to be judged? So why did her numbers go up? And how come other brains in Sybil could also be judged? Did I understand season 1 wrong and there are normal AND asymptomatic brains in Sybil? And why could Sybil suddenly judge Kamui? Does it have something to do with the brains Sybil threw out and that it decided to judge groups?
"I've learned there are two currents of thoughts in human society. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life. And the opinion that there's nothing preferable to life". Wenli, Yang - LotGH
http://www.bluepasj.wordpress.com

Jul 14, 2016 6:31 PM

well that was kind of anti climactic, like everyone else has been saying no where near as good as S1, it ain't terrible its like a 6 or 7, I enjoyed seeing the more experienced Akane but this final episode was pretty underwhelming.
I was sooo looking forward to Mika shooting tougane and killing him but instead he just bleeds out and she pathetically conforms to sibyl.
Ohh well still have the movie to look forward too.

Jul 26, 2016 9:18 PM

All in all I really liked the season, but this finale felt a little... I don't know, underwhelming? It wasn't as explosive as I would have hoped. I felt like the new characters didn't get enough time to develop with only 11 episodes as opposed to last season's 22 and this season suffered a bit from it. Animation and voice acting were still strong, as was the world building. The story was good overall but lacked here or there. I do like the returning characters but wished we got more of them, especially Ginoza

Aug 3, 2016 7:05 AM

I wonder if the brains ever get headaches?

it must be SO LOUD with everyone thinking at once lol

Aug 14, 2016 9:43 PM

LOOL

alkchf said:
No mention of Zankyou no Terror

excuse me??????
-----
so basically the ending was letting sybil do whatever the crap it wants until it decides on the polka dotted moon to change.

which is exactly what happened with S1.

Aug 23, 2016 7:31 PM

Overall I can't say I particularly liked this series, it has too many flaws and is nowhere near as good as season 1.

The overall plot felt relatively similar to season 1 where a main antagonist is attempting to exploit the flaws of the Sibyl system. It didn't necessarily add anything new to the series. I didn't particularly like Kamui as a villian either, I found the fact that he is made out of 180 or so dead people rather unrealistic, even in this technologically advanced cyberpunk world. Overall he isn't as entertaining as Makishima.

I had problems with some of the other characters as well. Akane didn't have much character development this season, infact she felt much of the same as she did last season. Still unable to pull the trigger while Kamui is getting away. Tougane was an interesting character but to me he felt like a mere replacement for Kougami. I hated Mika and honestly didn't understand the point of her. All she did in the season was whinge about Akane not 'doing things by the book' yet she hesitated out in the field while placed under pressure, absolutely useless. The one time she actually did detective work she was shot down by Kasei & the Sibyl system.

With Ginoza now a mere enforcer from season 1 it would have been interesting to see him develop as a character in his new role and explore his professional relationship with Akane. Sadly that didn't happen as he's reduced to a minor character with few lines of dialogue. Really disappointed. Hinakawa summarises the problem with most of the characters in the series. He seems like a decent likeable character but like with the others his character isn't development while his back-story isn't properly explored.

Despite these flaws there were some things I liked. For instance the season reinforced my knowledge of the Sibyl system. Yes I know it was explained in detail in season 1 but it's all easy to miss if you're not paying attention. It's also been a while since I watched season 1 so I'm unable to really compare the Sibyl system from the two seasons but from what I've read here on MAL, each season presents Sibyl differently. Also I still found the series to be mildly entertaining, I didn't find any particular episode to be boring.

Overall I'd give the series 6/10 (which is actually a bad rating by my standards).
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.

Sep 12, 2016 7:59 PM

The reason at least what made first season enjoyable for me in the first place is that there were so many inner monologues especially that was done one of the best and cool main antagonist in anime history in other words Makishima. His inner dialogues and the way he questions the current corrupted society that is regulated by artifical intelligent sytem what made this show more intriguing in my eyes. I mean I'm English Language and Literature graduate and seeing so many question from one of my favorite authors made this more literal. It is a good way to make a some comparison between plot and the way the things are happening in our modern, corrupted society that is currently being watched by Big Brother. So those quotations from well-know artists were very nice touch on character development and was also good way to deepen the plot that tries to critize our current corrupted yet still ever going beautiful society. In this sense I really liked the existance of Makishima and his sworn enemy who is in the same mentality and wavelength with him. Their challange to each other in witty way to find the meaning of their own existance as well as to hammer some sense to audiance to realize what shitty system we are living in now. In short it was good ride to watch those character up until the very end of the show.

However this season which meant to be sequel I guess was a mistake. There were no witty dialogues or monologues were included in the script that they did with first season so it was utter dissapointment for me to see the quality of storytelling dropped this dramatically. I could at least understand where Kirito is coming from with his ideals but it wasn't enough to explore his true character as well as his inner thoughts with only 11 episode long second season. It felt pretty rushy so I'm not satisfied with what I have watched with this so-called sequel. I guess that might be the reason why people are shit posting about second season and it is my dear mates the second season didn't meet with the expectation of most of people who were expecting the same quality plot writing which can be relative from people to people and character development and their background stories that was told in literal way that they have witnessed in the first season.

In short the first season was interesting to watch but the script writing didn't appealed me that much so I'm not even going to rate the secon season while I have rated first reason with 7.5 just because the reason I have told above and it is the witty monologues that criticising the very fountation of our modern society in literal way by quoting from actually literal works. And then again when you look at this season you wont see anything like that at all. Literally nothing and hell if I know why did they something like that...

Oct 27, 2016 5:30 AM

Finally this is over. I have to admit I was hooked but only because I wanted it to eeeeend. The case dragged on for way too long. With all the new characters they should have atleast some normal cases to build up everything.
This was really really annoying to watch.
This season shouldnt even exist imo.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Dec 16, 2016 9:49 PM
dont know why this season is hated. wasint as good as the first,but it gave me more of what I wanted which is the world of psycho pass and the battle akane faces each day. She knows the system sucks and wants it to go away,but for now she has no choice but to follow it. Though thats to an extent. I will say the new faces felt kinda pointless only cause they had no real development. Kinda like with Ginoza and Sugou situation. That chick died and it was mentioned in one episode and in the last episodes the guys seem buddy buddy,but we didint see them get to that point in the show itself.
Modified by souledge94, Dec 16, 2016 9:53 PM

Feb 17, 2017 4:55 PM
Psycho Pass is a great work, with well-developed plot, and well written in a way. The characters play their role and by the end of the first season has given to understand why the inspector wanted to insist on moving forward with the Sibyl System. But going through all that, to see her make the same decision, just "changing" a system made by idiosyncratic criminals, is really a disappointment. I think what displeased me in Psycho Pass 2 was this attempt by the author to create a dystopia in which the protagonists give a chance, even though it was clearly clear that it was assembled by people above the law who felt they were gods because they could not be judged. As a whole the work is well worked, but the final part in which it insists that one day humanity will get rid of a system that is practically imposed, for me it is totally illogical.

Mar 9, 2017 10:59 AM

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this was terrible, thank good i already heard that the second season would be bad so i didnt come in with high expectations but still... it managed to undergo my low expectations even then.
3/10
Objectivity in art doesnt exist.

I eat ass

Mar 23, 2017 8:31 PM

This was a pretty sequel and super disappointing due to so much characters being added and not much development for the 1st season characters like our old former Inspector Gino or the other enforcers.

Apr 10, 2017 1:35 PM
Mika was okay so far, her actions and judgment were okay but I hoped for a change or something like Ginoza had, now I'll go at I dislike Mika Shimotsuki hope she gets what she deserves in the movie. Something like Aoyanagi but worse and slower.
I enjoyed this season, but it's far from 1st season, too short, not that much suspense building and character development.

Apr 20, 2017 8:14 AM

7/10

First season is superior but I liked the finale tho its about time Akane actually kills someone over 300+

Oct 16, 2017 11:44 PM
TragicRomance said:
7/10

First season is superior but I liked the finale tho its about time Akane actually kills someone over 300+

Who did she kill? No one, she never even fired her Dominator even once this episode.

Oct 16, 2017 11:47 PM
Well, after getting past episode 6 and that whole dockyard episode, this season got a little more watchable. However, overall this whole season felt like in order for them to come to this "can a collective be judge" thing, the season had so many plot holes and filled with people who just didn't make any sense. After season one, this was a real let down. I'd give season one a 8.5/10, and season two a 6/10. Disappointing.

Oct 17, 2017 1:03 PM

DreamerXX said:
TragicRomance said:
7/10

Who did she kill? No one, she never even fired her Dominator even once this episode.

That's what I said. It's about time she actually kills someone.

Nov 13, 2017 5:42 PM

First season was obviously better, and this season just pissed me off to no end.

Where is the punishment and hell Shimotsuki deserves? She does all that crap and receives nothing in return? Wow, how fortunate. The ultimate ending would be for her to realize that everything is her fault, and that she is no longer needed in the world anymore. Her crime coefficient would go above 300, and she would be a target for enforcement (the lethal whatever one). What a bitch. A second season should have never existed, really. It's ironic enough that someone like Shimotsuki, with her blind loyalty to the Sibyl System, would actually be the worst character in the series who only cares about herself. And how the heck does bothering/bullying/whatever you wanna call it Akane and the rest help? She's just...awful, a horrible person...

It's bad enough that most of the new people on Akane's team were her enemies. I'm just glad they didn't kill off Gino. And yeah, Togane Sakuya shoulda been killed with Kamui's shot. Honestly, I think Kamui became a better character in the end.

I though Kamui revived or something, but it was actually Shisui, lol. I don't know how she came to do what she did, but she also deserved to die. It's not as bad as Shimotsuki, but still...actually, she was probably just being manipulated.

And as always, family members are such a burden...this is why these people should clear their family records and change their names when they come into such a dangerous job.

And the reason the chief didn't disable Shisui's Dominator was pretty stupid. Was she just gonna let Shisui become more of a murderer and bad person?

There were a lot of boring, too much talk moments/scenes but the show overall deserves a 6/10, which is the lowest score I rate for an anime series. S1 was definitely an 8. I also wished Kogami actually showed up....I wanted to see him again...

sᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴛᴀɪʏᴀᴋɪ

Nov 23, 2017 5:46 AM

What the fuck was this season???? Just degraded Akane and its in-universe logic to such an extent that it became ridiculous. Akane's insistent on 'arresting' doesn't even make sense on a 'ghost', a person of no registry or colour. She herself doesn't pulls the trigger that kills but conveniently someone or the other handles that problem.

The Sybil System was showing concern over a multiple transplant-in-1 person, and evolving over such a abysmally small probability of re-ocurrence, but no contingency plans for other scenarios such as hackable system, guns or grenades, illegal drugs or suppressors. Thw writing was shallow just as characters behaviour and other rationalities......Ughhhh 5/10

Mar 30, 11:38 PM

Just finished my rewatch of this and I remember why I didn't like it as much as the first season when I first watched it years ago when it aired.

It feels like the new writer/director for S2 saw how dark PP1 was and tried to emulate it with dark and edgy scenes, but couldn't emulate all the things that made PP1 so great in the first place like its philosophical themes. It has alot of gore and shock factor in the form of brutal death scenes but that's about it. I felt like Kamui was such a generic villain compared to Makishima and his motivations feel like a poor man's version of what Makishima sought to achieve in PP1. Overall the series just feels like a watered down version of its predecessor. Also, alot of the new characters like the new Enforcers on Akane's team feel pretty generic compared to the Enforcers from PP1.

It's not all bad though, there are some legitimately cool scenes and it's worth watching alone for Akane's character arc. She is a fantastically written character and arguably the sole saving grace of PP S2.

It also needed more Yayoi x Shion tbh, that small scene in Episode 7 isn't nearly enough. =[

May 25, 12:08 PM

Could of been better. But as Frank Sinatra once said. "That's Life"

Sep 17, 9:58 AM

This society is ugly,
This season is bullshit.

Not enough Ginoza.
Tougane is a weirdo bitching about his mother.
Kamui is bland even though he's portrayed as someone so complex. All the more reasons to miss Makishima... Sibyl doesn't make sense.

Well, this season really shouldn't exist.

Nov 4, 5:11 PM

Final episode greatly resolved the conflicts character-wise, but as a whole with Sibyl only purging itself from outliers in its brain collective and its society kept intact then the last episode is reminiscent of the finale of season 1. Nothing absolutely changed for the context of the bigger picture. Back to square one using Dominators on criminals and keeping crime coefficient readings to safe levels. What a roller coaster of a ride this show was: there were ups, downs, bends, and loops yet the experience at the end is the same - on flat rails.
Modified by Linerax, Nov 4, 7:39 PM

Nov 8, 10:23 AM
The action was good but the end created even more questions, like what does judging collectively even mean? Had really high expectations from Mika too. Overall not a bad season but nowhere near the first season.

Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »