Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 11, 2015 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2429
I feared that this will be like their other song and it happened. =,=

"Chase the Light" from Kaiji Season 2 was also like this.
"Just Awake" from Hunter X Hunter was somewhat an exception because the 2nd half didn't stray away from the TV version.

*sigh* I'll just stick with the TV version. At least the lyrics are out and is actually referring to the story.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 66
I think it's a matter of taste if someone likes it or not. Personally I love Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas since I'm into rock/metal. I dont really care about the lyrics if the song sounds cool and matches the opening animation.
 
Jan 14, 2015 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 214
Doesn't bother me. I knew it was English beforehand, anyway, because it didn't sound like Japanese.
I don't really care since I listen to Fear and Loathing because I love the sound of the autotune mixed with the metal.
 
Jan 14, 2015 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 518
Thanks for the lyrics to the first part of the song, but yeah the full version is actually 3 songs put together. Fear and Loathing even did a video for the whole thing and you can see them transition between the songs.
'
I for one love their music and enjoy the songs that are picked for various anime!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
 
Jan 14, 2015 5:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 194
Always loved this opening, easily one of my favs of all time.
 
Jan 15, 2015 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 560
The lyrics are nonsensical, so I like pretending that they're in Japanese to avoid the cringe.
 
Jan 15, 2015 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1432
I am listening OP all the time and only recently I found out it was actually English. Now I try to recognize lyrics and then I laugh at Enrish. I still love it though.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
 
Jan 15, 2015 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1131
Shaikan said:
I think it's a matter of taste if someone likes it or not. Personally I love Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas since I'm into rock/metal. I dont really care about the lyrics if the song sounds cool and matches the opening animation.


I love metal too. I love the OP. I dislike the full version. After the 1:30 mark it gets completely nonsensical and random. It's like 5 or so songs spliced into one, reminds me of those shitty medleys you see on youtube - no, Banjo Kazooie music does not belong next to Tetris music!
 
Jan 15, 2015 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5373
The only part I could ever make out was the"absolute" part
 
Jan 15, 2015 3:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1131
Jerkhov said:
The only part I could ever make out was the"absolute" part


The bad thing is I can actually hear it all now. I can't pretend it's not English anymore. "Let Me Hear" - I wish I couldn't.
 
Jan 16, 2015 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 66
ex_necross said:
Shaikan said:
I think it's a matter of taste if someone likes it or not. Personally I love Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas since I'm into rock/metal. I dont really care about the lyrics if the song sounds cool and matches the opening animation.


I love metal too. I love the OP. I dislike the full version. After the 1:30 mark it gets completely nonsensical and random. It's like 5 or so songs spliced into one, reminds me of those shitty medleys you see on youtube - no, Banjo Kazooie music does not belong next to Tetris music!


Totally agree.
 
Jan 16, 2015 9:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1454
Lol this discussion smh
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
 
Jan 17, 2015 1:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 604
I figured out parts of it were in english but it always sounded so garbled I wasn't able to tell it was 99% in english. This is some next level engrish right there...
死ねカス国に帰れ
 
Jan 17, 2015 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17536
A little more understandable if sung by someone else.



The original full version is unbearable though. Like what the fuck lol.
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store