Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion

Dec 15, 2014 9:52 AM

Darklight0303 said:
Snaita said:
Funny thing all the people that killed someone ended up dying(exception of Akame) the rest who didn't kill stayed alive.

Run was killing people when Esdeath first captured Tatsumi and took him out on a trip to see the jaeger's in action

Ah shit, and I thought I had strike something.

Dec 15, 2014 9:56 AM

Zapredon said:
RinArcher said:

Chapter 38 if you want to continue down the manga's original path before the anime switched to an original ending.

Thanks.

You should try from the begging, there are some little changes and the anime was toned down a bit too on the violence and such(if you care about that). And it's an easy addicted read.

Dec 15, 2014 10:00 AM

Ending was pretty good... Even though predictable....

Finale - 4.5/5
Series - 7/10

Dec 15, 2014 10:16 AM

I gave it a 7 only thanks to the first half. If not for that..

So much plot armour, so many pointless deaths. Its rather sad had Esdeath stuck with Tatsumi or vise versa he might have been able to change her some. Makes me wonder how the Manga will go.

Dec 15, 2014 10:18 AM

RedArmyShogun said:
I gave it a 7 only thanks to the first half. If not for that..

So much plot armour, so many pointless deaths. Its rather sad had Esdeath stuck with Tatsumi or vise versa he might have been able to change her some. Makes me wonder how the Manga will go.
From a writer standpoint of view, the manga far surpasses the plot and writing of ep 18 and so on
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Dec 15, 2014 10:23 AM

Oh, well, I expected this ending, so I guess it's okay.
But at first I hoped for a better developement of the series... I'm a little disappointed, after all.
I'm sorry if my English is not good enough ^^'

Dec 15, 2014 10:39 AM

So it finally comes to an end, i'm very conflicted at the moment, on one half i'm mad that seeing one of my fav series not get the proper adaption i had previously hoped and on the other i sorta understand why it didn't in the first place( the poor sales that it has in japan in general)

Anyways this finale had two of my favorites girls in the series duking it out, not gonna lie that fight was pretty good and i'm glad my girl Akame came on top.
One thing that irked me was the trump card that Akame used which was hilarious to me, i mean seriously, in the begining of the series she said to Tasumi that when manitaining Murasame she had to be extremely careful, meaning she would also die from the cut but now all of a sudden everything is a-ok ? I seriously hope it doesn't go like that in the manga.

and oh yeah one last thing
Note to self for the future : just because an anime has more then 12 episodes doesn't mean perfect adaption

Dec 15, 2014 10:54 AM

First of all, I see that too much people are complaining about that the anime doesnt follows the manga. But ascine I am not reading the manga, it is any problem with that, at least for me, so this ending is good.

The dead of Leone was too romantic for me: she dying alone.

Dec 15, 2014 10:57 AM

Cry more manga fags. This anime was awesome even though it deviated from the manga. I'm gonna laugh my ass of at y'all if they use the anime only ending for the manga.

Dec 15, 2014 11:15 AM

AnimeJunky said:
Cry more manga fags. This anime was awesome even though it deviated from the manga. I'm gonna laugh my ass of at y'all if they use the anime only ending for the manga.

Since the deaths that happened in the anime happened in the manga too, I think it's safe to assume that the ending will be the same...

(lel)

Dec 15, 2014 11:20 AM

This earns a 6/10, which for me means an average anime that was still entertaining enough to not drop. Never read the manga and don't intend to, so I didn't notice any drop in quality near the end. It was a 6/10 from ep. 1 and pretty much stayed that way.

Dec 15, 2014 11:21 AM

Breaz said:
AnimeJunky said:

Since the deaths that happened in the anime happened in the manga too, I think it's safe to assume that the ending will be the same...

(lel)

Run(or what his name) guy stayed alive. And some Hunters are still alive in the manga.

Dec 15, 2014 11:22 AM

AnimeJunky said:

You do know what anime only means, right?

Dec 15, 2014 11:26 AM

AnimeJunky said:

Except that "manga fags" are not crying, they are laughing, at this show and you dumb-asses who think that this WhiteFox adaptation is somehow decent after episode 18. Ignorance sure is bliss.

I mean seriously, even as an anime-only watcher if you didn't think a ton of things went weird, plot-holey or nonsensical towards the end it just proves how much of a brainless watcher you are.

Dec 15, 2014 11:29 AM

AnimeJunky said:
Sure, if you think asspulls, nonsensical plotholes and a completely out of place Mecha are awesome then suit yourself, Ignorance truly is bliss.
FragOutFire said:

Dec 15, 2014 11:37 AM

Whats up with those little kids ?
It's like, "we killed everyone, so lets make it seems they had children"

Dec 15, 2014 11:38 AM

JoksPacifist said:
Cameos from characters of chapter 23.5, that wasn't animated.
FragOutFire said:

Dec 15, 2014 11:46 AM

Manga fags be pissed at my comment. lol Ignorance is bliss?? Just cause an anime doesn't follow the original content doesn't mean it's shit. I just don't hold high standards. Hell, I liked Akikan which 99% of the people who watched it, hated it.

Dec 15, 2014 11:49 AM

AnimeJunky said:
Manga fags be pissed at my comment. lol Ignorance is bliss?? Just cause an anime doesn't follow the original content doesn't mean it's shit. I just don't hold high standards. Hell, I liked Akikan which 99% of the people who watched it, hated it.
Dude it's NOT because it didn't followed the manga content, Tell me, these last 3 Episodes. Do you see any problem with them? Do you think the pacing, logic, Akame's Power up and Leone's death, they're all ok? can't you see what's wrong with all of this?
Modified by PriestSlayer, Dec 15, 2014 11:53 AM
FragOutFire said:

Dec 15, 2014 11:52 AM

I started reading the manga because the anime was too good. Sadly they took the wrong route and delivered a really bad ending.
I was fine with the changes, the episode before the end was actually really good, but this episode... nothing more than a boring fight and a predictable ending. Everyone died to deliver this shit ending.

Dec 15, 2014 11:52 AM

PriestSlayer said:
AnimeJunky said:
Dude it's NOT because it didn't followed the manga content, Tell me, these last 3 Episodes. Do you see any problem with them? Do you think the pacing, logic, Akame's Power up and Leone's death, can't you see what's wrong with all of this?
who cares, icebitch is dead = best route
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Dec 15, 2014 11:55 AM

PriestSlayer said:
AnimeJunky said:
Dude it's NOT because it didn't followed the manga content, Tell me, these last 3 Episodes. Do you see any problem with them? Do you think the pacing, logic, Akame's Power up and Leone's death, can't you see what's wrong with all of this?

As I said, I don't hold high standards like most do. I'm not going into this any further with y'all.

Dec 15, 2014 11:58 AM

AnimeJunky said:
PriestSlayer said:

As I said, I don't hold high standards like most do. I'm not going into this any further with y'all.
It's not about having high standards, from ep 18 and so on, things just get thrown out there with no explanation nor foreshadowing whatsoever, it almost seem like it tries to break what the first half was building, it's inconsistency at it's best. But hey, i'm sorry if i offended you, this is just a huge shitstorm, i needed to vent
Modified by PriestSlayer, Dec 15, 2014 12:01 PM
FragOutFire said:

Dec 15, 2014 12:00 PM

This adaptation, I did not like. Even if I wouldn't have read manga, from whom this anime strayed, I'd still feel it is lacking. To throw out really interesting scenes and alter the story that much, gave me the feeling it's being horribly rushed because they did not want to span over more seasons. And the last scene (post credits) gave me an impression that they aim at 2nd season. If so then why the hell not sticking to original?! Whatever the case, battle scenes, animation and soundtracks were really good at least. 6/10

Dec 15, 2014 12:00 PM

Last week was a shitstorm... this week is quite tame....

If manga readers are upset about this ending go watch the abridged series It's not bad... it has steadily lowered my blood pressure.

Dec 15, 2014 12:02 PM

PriestSlayer said:
AnimeJunky said:

It's not about having high standards, from ep 18 and so on, things just get thrown out there with no explanation nor foreshadowing whatsoever, it almost seem like it tries to break what the first half was building, but hey, i'm sorry if i offended you, this is just a huge shitstorm, i needed to vent

Nah, it's cool. It just doesn't take much to make me think an anime is bad ass. And this one sure has made it into that category.

Dec 15, 2014 12:05 PM

alex0r said:
still better than the manga... ah whatever both are shit

pink and ice bitches still alive in manga so anime>manga
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Dec 15, 2014 12:07 PM

ninjastarforcex said:
alex0r said:
still better than the manga... ah whatever both are shit

Yes because the manga isn't currently stuck in an alternate dimension between episodes 21 and 22... -..-

Dec 15, 2014 12:08 PM

ninjastarforcex said:
PriestSlayer said:
who cares, icebitch is dead = best route
I'm happy that Esdeath was smilling when she died, but this doesn't excuse the utter joke this anime original content has been.
FragOutFire said:

Dec 15, 2014 12:11 PM

D3pthCharge said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Yes because the manga isn't currently stuck in an alternate dimension between episodes 21 and 22... -..-

Which anime fan would not want to see Esdeth vs Mine? Free cat-fight is always welcome.

Dec 15, 2014 12:13 PM

PriestSlayer said:
JoksPacifist said:

Well, since the anime is different from the manga, I suppose we can interpretate the scene the way we want.

Dec 15, 2014 12:16 PM

JoksPacifist said:
PriestSlayer said:

Well, since the anime is different from the manga, I suppose we can interpretate the scene the way we want.

I'd recommend reading 23.5 just to see why it would've caused a shitstorm if it was animated.

Dec 15, 2014 12:16 PM

JoksPacifist said:
PriestSlayer said:

Sure, but what makes you think the porpuso was to 'make it seems they had children'? The brightful colors? Looking at it from an anime only watcher perspective, those were only random girls, citizens that are happy with the Capital's new leader and incoming changes.
FragOutFire said:

Dec 15, 2014 12:23 PM

Ah, despite how bad it has gotten in the last few episodes I still love this series. I didn't enjoy Tatsumi's body getting frozen and whatever else happened when the ice particles disappeared into the air, I would've wanted to see him get buried like a real hero. But Najenda becoming emperor and Akame surviving really salvaged this finale and made me happy/satisfied. Despite how this series ended, I will really miss this anime, I really enjoyed it. There's a good chance I may read the manga. But for now, I'll miss Akame Ga Kill. It is still a great anime in my eyes. 8/10.

Dec 15, 2014 12:24 PM

That was fucking rad!

9/10 for me.

Dec 15, 2014 12:48 PM

PriestSlayer said:
JoksPacifist said:

Sure, but what makes you think the porpuso was to 'make it seems they had children'? The brightful colors? Looking at it from an anime only watcher perspective, those were only random girls, citizens that are happy with the Capital's new leader and incoming changes.

If they had children and they were 16 at the fireworks that would be hilarious, but with the way this went downhill it wouldn't surprise me.

Dec 15, 2014 12:59 PM

The last episode wasn't bad but the last 5 episodes left a bad taste. I had this at a 8 but I'm dropping it to a seven since it didnt stick with the manga route and some of the deaths were unnecessary. Like Mine for example made no sense since we didn't get to see the romance develop between her and Tatsumi.

So good first half of the series and the end was just a trainwreck and WF fucked it up.

Dec 15, 2014 1:13 PM
Greenward said:
LOL I GOT THIS SUPER ABILITY BUT IM GONNA USE IT ONLY AFTER ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD

Yup, basically that with a side of..."LOL LEONE YOU'RE DEAD BECAUSE....UH...FUCK YOU THAT"S WHY".

That's the problem with most anime original content, they don't even follow the rules and logic set up by the series beforehand. Anime original content doesn't have to always be bad but stuff like the examples AgK past few episodes up until the finale showed is why it has a bad stigma.

Dec 15, 2014 1:17 PM

Esdeath just showed me how delusional and out of touch she is... Tatsumi hated her.. I bet he's cringing in the afterlife

Dec 15, 2014 1:23 PM
Gutted about Leone!! I really wanted her to live

Dec 15, 2014 2:07 PM

Tokoya said:
bastek66 said:

I'm happy to see these people still alive but at the same time I'm laughing my ass off D
And I don't remember any of them (bar Wave and Run).

Anyway as far as the finale concerns. Well it was good. Sure the anime deviated from the manga in a lot of ways, rushed things, made things go on an entirely new direction to give it an ending, still shocking to see all the changes made and how it happened, still good all in all though unsatisfied on many levels considering a lot of characters died leaving only Akame and Najenda alive of the entire crew.

That may have been possible the ONE thing I did not stand, I mean Lubbock also died on the manga, but Kurome? Ok...........that may be possible. Mein? You've got to be kidding me, even more considering the Execution part development so far. LEONE!? Ok that added extreme salt to the wound already made big by the previous deaths, including TATSUMI!? Ok, that was wrong in so many ways, he did never deserve death, not even as a hero, that was horrible from the studio, and I'd use a teigu on Takahiro if he does this on the manga as well.

The one and true thing I got to enjoy from watching this anime ending, was seeing Esdeath defeated for good, and the best of it all seeing Onest's face smashed to a freaking bloody pulp as this bastard deserved.

There are so many things I could prolly say, but I will just end it by saying I want more from the manga ASAP D:

Dec 15, 2014 2:12 PM

Nope
Can't take it
Too many dead
;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 15, 2014 2:21 PM

it was quite a ride i must say
i miss all the characters that died

Dec 15, 2014 2:23 PM

FatefulLove said:
I am glad that I wasn't a manga reader though so I could enjoy this for what it is.

My thoughts exactly

I liked the way it wasn't what you can call a happy ending

Dec 15, 2014 2:38 PM

I didn't buy Akame having a chance in hell against Esdeath. Welp it's over. Alright series. 6/10. I may get into the manga.

Dec 15, 2014 2:39 PM

Before I start watching a certain anime I like to do some background (preview) check so that I would actually enjoy the anime, cuz I don't like wasting my time. In the case of Akame ga Kill I was completely wrong. I'm not a manga reader but this shit still gets the hate from me. For the whole time the anime didn't know where it was going, I felt it as if it was trying to suprise its audience but it wasn't working out for it. Predictable plot with no twists (brainless killing of main characters doesn't count), boring characters with no development and stupid dialogue were the main problems of the anime. 4/10 because of some good battles and Akame and maybe Esdeth which were decent characters.

Dec 15, 2014 3:01 PM

While I do agree the manga's too good it's such a shame the anime had to make an original ending, I think the anime still closed out decently despite the rushed deaths.

8/10 Majority of the anime was very enjoyable, that's why

The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Dec 15, 2014 3:10 PM

Matt88 said:
Gutted about Leone!! I really wanted her to live

+1
My favorite character in the series! Aaaah... they shouldn't have killed her...
Onward Akame! I guess!

Dec 15, 2014 3:49 PM

So wait... who was those 3 girls? The blue, pink and yellow ones? Did i miss something with them?
I had high hopes for this show but it just got REALLY BAD really fast.
Had everything an ending needed though, no lose ends really. Wrapped up everything.
STILL WHO WERE THOSE GIRLS?! They looked like they should have been important....
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.

Dec 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Rebelhero said:
So wait... who was those 3 girls? The blue, pink and yellow ones? Did i miss something with them?
I had high hopes for this show but it just got REALLY BAD really fast.
Had everything an ending needed though, no lose ends really. Wrapped up everything.
STILL WHO WERE THOSE GIRLS?! They looked like they should have been important....

They are from a especial chapter of the manga, one of the most disturbing ones but surprisingly well done in a bizarre way.

No one knows why they were put there even though they didn't appear before in the anime...
Modified by Snaita, Dec 15, 2014 4:11 PM

Pages (25) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »