Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion

Dec 21, 2017 6:42 PM

Just imagine if they had ended it as well as the first 3/4 of the series, I'd probably rate it higher myself. Still... I liked this significantly more this time than the first time I watched it. For whatever reason, I really didn't like this series the first time.

It's good, maybe the ending tainted the rest of it for me, the first time I saw it. I dunno. I'd love to see more of this anime, but it doesn't really appear they left that door open.

Dec 24, 2017 8:07 AM

This anime needs a remake.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur

Jan 4, 2018 3:03 PM
At first I thought this could be my next favourite anime. Until Bulat dies with fucking poison.. but ok I can live with that. When I heard about the revolutionary army I thought maybe we're gonna see some badass fighters but NO! every single one of them is a farmer with freaking sword. Budo was supposed to be the strongest but gets beaten by fucking Mine. Jfc the amount of bs is unbeleavable. Ice chick was clearly stronger than Akame but oh well lets kill her anyway. HOW LAME!!!

Jan 5, 2018 5:49 AM
akame x esdeath fight was great

man! even tatsumi died.
i kept on saying 'please don't die,please don't die' for every character for the entire series, but oh well...they killed every last one of them except akame.

esdeath x tatsumi...my ship succeded but they died anyway.

for a moment i thought that leone's fine but that's not how this works right!

i enjoyed it any way!

i've thought of another title for this show....'VALAR MORGHULIS'....lol

Jan 5, 2018 5:52 AM
Sourire said:
Chelizzle said:
Is there a conclusion to the "plot"?.You know the revolution-this anime was promising to be about.
the "plot" was killing off characters.. thats it.

totally agree with you.

VALAR MORGHULIS

Jan 13, 2018 1:27 PM

Junchi said:
That doesn't change the fact that she is still a two-legged fanservice-fest "boosted" with a painfully shallow character.
bunny1ov3r said:
Akame = real protagonist. Mein (=fake gf) dying. Esdeath x Tatsumi forever!!

Harsh, but true.

My only gripe with this is that I never understood Tatsumi x Akame, or in fact Akame's role in general. For a 'real protagonist' and title carrier her character was grossly underdevelopped. In fact, in Blood-C: The Last Dark,..

I feel somewhat misled to be made to believe Tatsumi x Akame was the OTP, yet nothing, absolutely nothing was done with it, except that she occassionally uses him as a box of Kleenex. Don't get me wrong, I didn't need a lovey dovey ending, smooching or whatever, but some actual emotional development here would have been nice.

Also, I think Tatsumi dying would have been fitting, had he not survived miraculously after a major shounen asspull mere seconds before, only to throw it all away to counter a miniature colony drop. Saving a handfull of innocents out of thousands is still noble, even for an assassin; saving them at the expense of someone you really care about, who has allready lost everything, and whom you've promised to return to, testifies of a naïve twisted sense of justice, almost as bad as Seryu's. Finally, it was completely unfitting of the series theme of retribution and there being no such thing as righteous assassins as well.

SH4kun said:
IceBurn said:
And how did you come up with this bullshit?

Japanese popularity polls, merchandise and screen time compared to the other females.

I can imagine, she's more or less the only consistent character, aside from 'Pokerface' Najenda. You know, that was odd too, not learning what exactly happened between those two.

TheXskull said:
Overall though, I rated 8. I was so hooked in the first 2/3 of the anime that it deserves that score. The anime was fun, animation is as good as it gets, and the setup was good.

The ending leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

This sums it up quite nicely. So, seconded: 8/10
Modified by Laionidas, Jan 13, 2018 1:41 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi

Jan 27, 2018 1:14 PM
there will be a season 2 of akame ga kill?

Feb 23, 2018 6:58 PM
What's going on in the last episode at the end, when they show last time full night raid squad, who is these guy in incrusio at right side of the screen??? Any ideas?

Mar 13, 2018 10:01 AM
Leone was my favourite character, and she didn't have to die I was hoping she would just stay alive like Akame. Also I didn't want Shell to die, I would have rather that Mine died, but she died eventually any way.I really liked Akame ga kill and I wish there could have been a second season, but there could'nt have been because everyone died.Oh yes! there is Akame ga kill zero.

May 10, 2018 4:32 PM
The anime was ruined by the slice of life and comedy.Thanks god the fights improved cause if it didn't akame ga kill would a very trashy anime.5/10.

May 18, 2018 1:36 PM
The one thing the anime did right was have the balls to kill off Tatsumi. Killing off red-shirts and mauve-shirts and hamming their death scenes up with music and slow-motion eventually became so lacking in impact that even the cheesiness of Tatsumi's death scene was less corny.

The manga ending is hilariously bad. I can't decide whether or not it's as bad as the anime ending...but it's pretty terrible.

Oct 3, 2018 4:51 AM
I love this series but the love story can't be interrupted by killing MINE and tatsumi, they were so cute😭
The ending was really bad.

Nov 9, 2018 1:53 AM

I know what the author was trying to do but he overplayed his hand. Instead of a great tradgey followed by hope, he ended up with meh.

It’s never a good idea to bump off ALL the likable characters. That’s how your rating goes from 8 to 5. I see he had the wisdom to not bump everyone off in the manga. What an asswipe.

Nov 11, 2018 2:23 PM

I think this ending was an absolute disaster. Why does every single character need to die?

This kinda ruined the whole anime for me.

uwu

Nov 17, 2018 11:26 AM
If you asked me, the manga series needs to be re-written!! Cause there are some parts of the manga that shouldn't happened at all!!

Dec 23, 2018 1:16 PM
White Fox ruined this show for me. I actually really liked this show up until episode 20. The beginning had really good animation, music, and character development. However, the last 2 episodes didn't quite resonate with me. I hated Digimon Tatsumi and Tokyo Ghoul Akame. I also didn't like the giant mech battle in episode 23. I also thought the deaths of Lubb, Mine, Leone, Tatsumi, and Susanoo were all rushed and uninspired. Especially because Lubb died to a villain that nobody cared about. I know the show skipped a lot of chapters in the manga, but they could have made the ending more cohesive with less plot holes. I think this show needs to be re-adapted like F.M.A.B.

Tatsumi x Esdeath forever. I give the show a 7/10.

Jan 12, 2019 8:02 AM
Meh, dropped this at episode 17 and just watched the death scenes.

Esdeath was the only entertaining part for me (Wave was kinda cool and Akame too, although I was expecting her to have a much more protagonic role but whatever)

Jan 17, 2019 10:00 AM
SaiDrew said:

Esdeath was the only entertaining part for me (Wave was kinda cool and Akame too, although I was expecting her to have a much more protagonic role but whatever)

Don't worry, watch episode 22, that will make you better. Kurome's death wasn't sad at all, she deserves it. Wave is such a weak character, in episode 21, he was upset that Tatsumi is gonna to get executed by Esdeath and he trying to deny it. He don't realized that Tatsumi was part of Night Raid, all along.

Jan 17, 2019 8:29 PM

Better than the manga, I know that.

Jan 18, 2019 9:44 AM
VJ87G said:
SaiDrew said:

Don't worry, watch episode 22, that will make you better. Kurome's death wasn't sad at all, she deserves it. Wave is such a weak character, in episode 21, he was upset that Tatsumi is gonna to get executed by Esdeath and he trying to deny it. He don't realized that Tatsumi was part of Night Raid, all along.
Thank god that bitch died, I couldn't stand her.

But Wave looked cool in his Grand Chariot or whatever his teigu name was, although I never got to see him in a full fight.

small44 said:
The anime was ruined by the slice of life and comedy.Thanks god the fights improved cause if it didn't akame ga kill would a very trashy anime.5/10.
True. This would've been better if it had had a more serious tone.

Feb 15, 2019 6:48 PM
That was a beautiful way to end an anime. One of the most beautiful endings I've ever seen.

Feb 27, 2019 2:54 PM

That was definitely the first time I saw an anime where almost all main characters died. Normally I would say it isn't my type of show.

I really liked the setting, pretty dark and gory. The characters design wasn't bad, even if everything felt super rushed and the character development suffered a lot from it. I heard that the manga is different from the anime and I wonder why they killed so much characters.

The fights were okay most of the time. It's just super annoying if someone has a super overpowered trump like it was 99% the case.... I don't get why Leone also had to die, that was just stupid.

I feel weird after finishing the show. Normally I really care for a character if he dies, but here it just wasn't the case. Oh well 6/10.

Mar 5, 2019 5:20 AM

Akame is win, Esdeath so cool xD.

Mar 29, 2019 12:12 AM

Seryuu was the best girl. Bols had the saddest death. Unfortunately, most of the chatacters were flat and forgettable.

May 28, 2019 10:29 AM
bastek66 said:
Icewhore's death would be satisfying if she died miserably not with smile. That delusional cunt defiled Tatsumi's corpse. He couldn't even be buried next to Mine or Ieyasu and Sayo.

Why slicing herself with Muramasa didn't kill Akame?

Leone died like street whore, thanks Takahiro and White Fox.

Sums up AGK pretty well honestly

GoldenSaltPillar said:
Why is there a sudden influx of Esdeath hate? You guys realize she's almost single handedly the reason the series is somewhat popular and still alive, right?

Nah I agree, Esdeath was largely the reason I continued to watch this show. I don't even read the manga and I could tell you this show turned into an absolute trainwreck
Modified by LeafJonin, May 28, 2019 10:36 AM

May 28, 2019 1:15 PM

LeafJonin said:
bastek66 said:
Icewhore's death would be satisfying if she died miserably not with smile. That delusional cunt defiled Tatsumi's corpse. He couldn't even be buried next to Mine or Ieyasu and Sayo.

Why slicing herself with Muramasa didn't kill Akame?

Leone died like street whore, thanks Takahiro and White Fox.

GoldenSaltPillar said:
Why is there a sudden influx of Esdeath hate? You guys realize she's almost single handedly the reason the series is somewhat popular and still alive, right?

Nah I agree, Esdeath was largely the reason I continued to watch this show. I don't even read the manga and I could tell you this show turned into an absolute trainwreck

Manga is slightly better. There is arc with villains lead by clown rapist and their first victim is Bols' family. I lot of people were angry on this but finale was better than manga's.

May 28, 2019 2:25 PM
bastek66 said:
LeafJonin said:

Manga is slightly better. There is arc with villains lead by clown rapist and their first victim is Bols' family. I lot of people were angry on this but finale was better than manga's.

Yeah that's going to be a big yikes for me dog, that finale sounds awful

Aug 4, 2019 1:03 PM
Ah... mid-2010's anime (and mid 2010's tv in general for the matter) I see this series also conforms to the killing craze mentality. Very typical of anime and tv shows of this era such as; GoT, TWD, etc. Where most of the main cast is dead by the end of the series.

Killing main characters and fan favorites IN MODERATION does make a series more interesting and dramatic but when overused to this degree it inevitably loses its impact. When a series makes it clear that they are overusing death as a plot device the natural response of mature viewers who has seen this act in the past is to become emotionally detached and less vested in the fates of the individual characters themselves.

That said, I'm still enjoying the series because it does have a deeper side to it, I like how it takes us through the struggle for change and how there are two sides to the story and that neither side completely has the moral high ground. One does more than the other but their hands aren't completely clean. I wasn't sure I would be able to say that at first considering how slowly it started off but they took it up a couple notches towards the end.

Aug 6, 2019 5:38 PM
I found it funny how all the characters just died.

Sep 7, 2019 8:50 PM

None of you got the disney ending haha.
I'm smiling with satisfaction for every butt hurt salty idiot. Go back to your manga and hope your waifu does better to keep her ass alive there.

Remember folks, in war there will always be casualties so wipe your snowflakes tears away and wake up to the truth that the power of holding hands and wishing for unicorns and rainbows ain't gonna happen.
Modified by Janethan23, Sep 7, 2019 9:07 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Sep 13, 2019 6:43 PM

I liked it, not the best story, but it was something new and really good. There won't be any second season for sure. I didn't think that Tatsumi will die and Akame survive. Also it is a surprise that Najenda lives (btw I did not like her) Too bad that Mine died I was thinking that she was actually from royal family and she will be new queen maybe with Tatsumi if Akame would die.
That thing with Esdeath freezing Tatsumi body and crushing was sick O.o I liked her but come on.. that was just sick
Its funny, but this story could have so many endings... everything could happen, for example the fight could be not with the small King but with Minister and the small boy could somehow see the truth in the end and still be king helped by Najenda, but he died thinking he was good...
I wonder who will rule now? Democracy?=RIP Happy Ending
Modified by Thyriad-oPPailov, Sep 13, 2019 6:58 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

Sep 25, 2019 4:45 AM
"Bruh" <------ Pretty much my reaction. I love and hate this anime.

Oct 6, 2019 8:59 PM
Darklight0303 said:
Thank god this pathetic trainwreck is finally over

Pumkin2712 said:

followed by Mine and chelsea

Not in that order. Stop lying to yourself. Chelsea was second place and Mine an undeserved third

it so obvious that anime popular character poll list proves it all, indeed, partner.

Oct 13, 2019 8:25 PM
this ending was trash

Nov 7, 2019 8:14 PM

Pretty cool final fight I guess. The animation was the only good part about this anime, really.

Nov 11, 2019 5:42 PM

Through all the shitty writing, this ending was kinda sad.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The bigger the brain, the heavier the weight. The bigger the suffering, the larger happiness you feel after. The bigger the amount of time you have, the longer you spend reading pretentious nonsense.

- Made to be by your wasted time, and my repeated clickity clackity actions.

Nov 16, 2019 10:21 AM

I did not dislike the ending. 7/10 show

EDIT:Holy fuck after reading some pages of the manga it feels like I just watched a whole different shit. what is this adaption? Mine,Leone last words etc,I just saw something else goddamn I now understand why Manga readers shit on it.

I still enjoyed it tho so its still a 7 for me but jesus christ it's a completely different show from the manga.
Modified by DiangeloKun18, Nov 16, 2019 11:56 AM

Nov 18, 2019 6:07 AM
this anime is too much of an anti-anime for me lol. i liked the beginning tbh. but then i noticed everyone is dying. but since i already wtached so many episodes, i forced myself to complete it and it became even worse.
on the one hand they are kinda showing the true face of war, but on the other hand where every single one of the main characters are dying, that's not type of anime i enjoy to watch.
besides the main focus was defenitely not on akame (maybe only when she fought her sister and at the end vs esdeath). so the anime's title "akame ga kill" is so confusing, especially the sudden turn of events in the very end of episode 24 "oh lets surprisingly suddenly focus more on akame" when they added a scene in the end with her resolve to continue the path she was walking on.
Modified by iCanFlyYouNot, Nov 18, 2019 6:15 AM

Nov 18, 2019 1:49 PM

I don't really know why but I'm really sad for all these dead characters... RIP everyone especially Mine, best girl with Akame

Dec 6, 2019 3:36 AM
I like how there was just about 0 plot armor in this show - it’s refreshing especially for the Shounen genre. I loved the anime. I wonder if I will still like it in 4 years though, it doesn’t seem like the type of anime to age well.🤷‍♂️
Modified by Breadwinnerr, Dec 6, 2019 3:39 AM
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange

Dec 6, 2019 1:14 PM
There is a lot to take in. I was complete shattered after mines death then tatsumi. The ending isn't satisfying but if I had to score the entire show it would be 8/10

I can't just give this a low rating just for my favorite characters getting killed.

Tatsumi x Mine forever. Now I'm going to read the manga.

Jan 9, 2:49 PM
Interesting anime for the most part. I quite enjoyed most of it. I'll need to read the manga because I've heard it's a lot better than the anime adaptation.

8/10.

Jan 12, 4:45 PM

this anime was complete dogshit but leone's pathetic death just put the cherry on top of the dogshit sundae.

Pages (25) « First ... « 23 24 [25]