Forum Settings
Forums

[Fall 2014] What do you think is the best anime this season?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: What anime do you think is the best anime this season (fall 2014)

Dec 14, 2014 6:33 AM

Depending on how they finish, Wixoss or Bahamut can overcome Mushishi.
But for now Mushishi it's the best one of this season for me.

Dec 14, 2014 6:35 AM

FireEmblemIke24 said:
robis798 said:

Well I'm pretty biased about it, I don't think it is that bad.

I think all of girl characters are pathetic whiny bitches, not to mention that all these darker themes don't mix well with some card game.

Madoka is better.

The thing is with Ruuko is that she's less hesitant when it comes to making important decisions but with Madoka she's sitting there being idle the majority of time which kind of irritates me(well we can't expect much from a middle schooler). Both are good series but I prefer the WIXOSS series over Madoka Magica simply due to the fact that the plot twists are appearing out of the blue. The dark themes don't work well, that's bullshit. Sure it might not be action-orientated like Parasyte but the reason why many people watch WIXOSS is mainly because of the plot.

And I forgot to mention it has incest. So yeah...

And Madoka was just confused and didn't know what to do, if I remember correctly. She was presured kinda strongly from all sides. Overall I think Madoka took the whole concept of wishes a little bit better. But hey, that's just me, I just really dislike that card game exists in the show and some of the girls behaviors make me sick.

Dec 14, 2014 6:40 AM

robis798 said:

Thankfully that was completed for good in the first season

Dec 14, 2014 6:41 AM

Praland said:
robis798 said:

Thankfully that was completed for good in the first season

Well at least it was better than in SAO...Maybe...

Dec 14, 2014 6:42 AM
Hug Addict <3

Wincest makes any anime better though

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Dec 14, 2014 6:43 AM

These votes will always be flawed, popular shows that have been seen by the most will always rise to the top. I am impressed that Mushishi is polling well when it only has 16k members compared to something like parayste which is leading the season with 78k

Dec 14, 2014 6:50 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Agafin said:
If we compare the results of this thread made at the beginning of the season to the current one, it seems like FSN has been a dissapointment. Either that, or Parasyte has been just better
tbf the majority of UBW's greatness is in its second half

If that is the case, then I will again ask this question. Where people voting for FSN UBW really enjoying what they had AT THAT MOMENT, or where they fangasming at what they WILL HAVE when the second cour comes?

Dec 14, 2014 6:51 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Wincest makes any anime better though

I'd better not go there. Some people even started writing some trash talk on my profile because of my dislike towards incest lol.

Dec 14, 2014 7:05 AM

eXtacy67 said:
These votes will always be flawed, popular shows that have been seen by the most will always rise to the top. I am impressed that Mushishi is polling well when it only has 16k members compared to something like parayste which is leading the season with 78k

This is not always true though. I mean, even when we look at the scores, Parasyte is still rated far above SnB. The only shows rated above it this fall are Mushishi and FSN UBW and this may be attributed to sequel effect.
I'm surprised that Parasyte is more popular than FSN on this site though. FSN seems to have far more hype and a much more active subforum.

Dec 14, 2014 7:15 AM

I loved the series donten ni warau,nanatsu no taizai and ofc fate stay night.
Why i choose those series?Donten ni warau has great plot and story,
very good turnovers corruptions and vices from clans strong faith to accomplish
their main primary mission as clan general.Nanatsu no taizai very funny i cant
handle ban's and melioda's reaction good story they try to take back the kingdom
i love that kind staff and in the end fate stay night "OMG" the graphics from fight are SUPER AMAZING ufo made it...

Dec 14, 2014 7:16 AM
Hug Addict <3

Agafin said:
HaXXspetten said:
tbf the majority of UBW's greatness is in its second half

If that is the case, then I will again ask this question. Where people voting for FSN UBW really enjoying what they had AT THAT MOMENT, or where they fangasming at what they WILL HAVE when the second cour comes?
Think you'll have to ask that to individual people, can't get a general answer to that :>

Personally at least UBW is the only story in the Nasuverse that truly impressed me from start to finish and this adaptation is following the VN quite thoroughly so yeah I love it as it is already. That being said the majority of the most memorable scenes are closer to the climax so it still only has upwards to go from here.

Dec 14, 2014 7:41 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Agafin said:

Think you'll have to ask that to individual people, can't get a general answer to that :>

Personally at least UBW is the only story in the Nasuverse that truly impressed me from start to finish and this adaptation is following the VN quite thoroughly so yeah I love it as it is already. That being said the majority of the most memorable scenes are closer to the climax so it still only has upwards to go from here.

Personally I think its pretty, weak, especially the characters. Either my memory is bad but I dont remember the characters being that cliche and kind of bad in Fate Zero. They felt more real while in UBW they just uh. Probably the teenager effect, as soon as its a teen japan has to make some trope out of it. Rin is an annoying tsundere, Shirou is the good guy help everyone fool and Archer seems to be fapping material for girls or something, idk but god does it annoy me when he has this perma-wink on his face and just talks like that.

Story aint to great so far either. Been pretty average. I definetly liked Fate Zero more, atleast so far.

Dec 14, 2014 7:46 AM
Otaku Whisperer

Voted Shirobako because I'm an old fart who likes workplace dramas & there ain't many of those in anime so I'll take what I can get.

Dec 14, 2014 7:52 AM

Wow, this morning UBW and SnB:G where almost tied first place, and now this happened.

Dec 14, 2014 7:54 AM

robis798 said:

Almost right but wrong.
definition of incest - the crime/act of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild. I didn't really care for Yuzuki's wish that much but it was part of the revealing process that decides a selector's fate.

You shouldn't let incest and other little things persuade you to drop an anime otherwise I would've dropped Shinsekai yori at episode 8(you know what happens).

You should pick it back up.
All credit goes to Sacred.

Dec 14, 2014 7:56 AM

FireEmblemIke24 said:
robis798 said:

Almost right but wrong.
definition of incest - the crime/act of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild. I didn't really care for Yuzuki's wish that much but it was part of the revealing process that decides a selector's fate.

You shouldn't let incest and other little things persuade you to drop an anime otherwise I would've dropped Shinsekai yori at episode 8(you know what happens).

You should pick it back up.

But I didn't drop it. I am just waiting for second season to finish airing, I will check it out for sure.

Dec 14, 2014 8:26 AM

"Cross Ange" beats all these p*ssies up at the same time XD

Dec 14, 2014 8:28 AM

baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Personally I think its pretty, weak, especially the characters. Either my memory is bad but I dont remember the characters being that cliche and kind of bad in Fate Zero. They felt more real while in UBW they just uh. Probably the teenager effect, as soon as its a teen japan has to make some trope out of it. Rin is an annoying tsundere, Shirou is the good guy help everyone fool and Archer seems to be fapping material for girls or something, idk but god does it annoy me when he has this perma-wink on his face and just talks like that.

Story aint to great so far either. Been pretty average. I definetly liked Fate Zero more, atleast so far.

Do not say this anywhere near priests. A riot will ensue. Agree completely

Dec 14, 2014 8:50 AM

This season is quite strong, I think.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Dec 14, 2014 9:00 AM

bunny1ov3r said:

I hoped much more than this. The fact that 2014 has only Mushishi, NGNL and Ping Pong entered top 30 makes me sad . ( and only NGNL has more than 40k members)

Dec 14, 2014 9:06 AM
Hug Addict <3

moonnya said:
bunny1ov3r said:

I hoped much more than this. The fact that 2014 has only Mushishi, NGNL and Ping Pong entered top 30 makes me sad . ( and only NGNL has more than 40k members)
F/SN is top 30 as well and will surely be there when it's ended too. Parasyte is only halfway done and has been going up consistently so it could still make it in there when it's over as well, we'll see

Dec 14, 2014 10:27 AM

Parasyte for sure. though I only watch 3 series but they can't compare to Parasyte. I also feel nostagic for watching this show too.

Dec 14, 2014 10:46 AM

Damn, look at Kiseijuu beating everything. Shigatsu continues to get very few votes which makes me happy because that means my favourite is still considered too niche to be enjoyed.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Dec 14, 2014 10:49 AM

Lol, this morning Kiseijuu was like 4 or something.

Dec 14, 2014 11:00 AM

Milk_is_Special said:
Lol, this morning Kiseijuu was like 4 or something.

It didn't even get votes until i brought it up LOL

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Dec 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Well the title was original 3rd best and not best.

Dec 14, 2014 11:15 AM

Kokkuri san in humor is number 1 in my books this season

action i would say shingeki no bahamut

Dec 14, 2014 2:57 PM

Chaika. Duh. If I had to pick best new series though, itd be Bahamut.

Dec 14, 2014 3:24 PM

Parasyte, followed by Your Lie in April. Frankly this season isn't that good, at least that's what I gather from the shows I'm watching.

Dec 14, 2014 5:28 PM

Season has been pretty lackluster. Nothing even broke an 8/10.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Dec 14, 2014 5:29 PM

I voted Cross Ange for the lulz

Dec 14, 2014 5:49 PM

RinArcher said:
fst said:
I voted Cross Ange for the lulz

Is this an implication that Cross Ange is a bad show? The reviews for it say otherwise if that's what your stating.

Well it's not as good as Valverave.

Dec 14, 2014 6:26 PM

mayukachan said:
Damn, look at Kiseijuu beating everything. Shigatsu continues to get very few votes which makes me happy because that means my favourite is still considered too niche to be enjoyed.

I kinda expected it, actually. If a melodrama show and a gripping action show were to be compared, of course the latter will most likely to prevail. You can see that what beat Shigatsu are probably the strongest action shows this season can offer (FSN, Kiseijuu, Bahamut). Mushishi is... different (unique), but still, it can't "beat" the other three (in this poll).

As for me, seeing Shigatsu is on the top 5 of the poll is actually quite cool.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.

Dec 14, 2014 6:40 PM

I really expected Magic Kaito to get some votes, guess I was wrong...

Dec 14, 2014 7:03 PM

Milk_is_Special said:
I really expected Magic Kaito to get some votes, guess I was wrong...

I wanted to like it more, but it's not that outstanding when you compare it to the other AOTS choices. :< Sucks that it's too episodic and hit-or-miss episodes. Like, why I cherish Detective Conan so much is because it has some really great arcs, but with a two cour length, Magic Kaito can't really take that risk.

FloatingList said:
mayukachan said:

I kinda expected it, actually. If a melodrama show and a gripping action show were to be compared, of course the latter will most likely to prevail. You can see that what beat Shigatsu are probably the strongest action shows this season can offer (FSN, Kiseijuu, Bahamut). Mushishi is... different (unique), but still, it can't "beat" the other three (in this poll).

As for me, seeing Shigatsu is on the top 5 of the poll is actually quite cool.

Well, yeah. And the majority of people like something "deeper" and filled with action, of course. Shigatsu is probably a feel-or-nah (like hit-or-miss) show for many.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Dec 14, 2014 7:07 PM

Amagi Brilliant Park for having a fresh idea for an anime.

Dec 14, 2014 7:16 PM

@fst It's true , no other anime has a main protagonist who is a theme park manager that has to keep the theme park afloat financially and in terms of visitors.

Dec 14, 2014 7:16 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Shingeki no Bahamut,everything else this season ain't even competition/can't compare to it.

Dec 14, 2014 7:17 PM
VanishingKira said:
Shingeki no Bahamut,everything else this season ain't even competition/can't compare to it.
Well, Parasyte and F/SN UBW are very good as well.

Dec 14, 2014 7:20 PM

@fst Glad that you have been enlightened brother.

Dec 14, 2014 7:23 PM
WatchGiantRobo

LucasRTS said:
VanishingKira said:
Well, Parasyte and F/SN UBW are very good as well.
Maybe Parasyte but FSN no (atleast imo).

Dec 14, 2014 8:14 PM

fst said:
Shigatsu is Hyouka with more melodrama, terrible comedic timing and shittier animation.

>1/22 episodes watched
kay

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Dec 14, 2014 8:20 PM
Kanade♥

Anymore posts that are just listing and or GIFs/Image reactions will be considered spam, and action will be taken accordingly. This is against the rules.

Dec 14, 2014 8:25 PM

mayukachan said:
fst said:
Shigatsu is Hyouka with more melodrama, terrible comedic timing and shittier animation.

>1/22 episodes watched
kay
He didn't even used the so called 3 episodes rule...

Dec 14, 2014 8:29 PM

I'm caught up on it, I swear >.>

Dec 14, 2014 8:32 PM

mayukachan said:
fst said:

>1/22 episodes watched
kay

Shigatsu more like Shitgatsu lel

But I agree with fst on the comedic timing thing, it kinda ruined it a bit for me but I need to catch up again.

Dec 14, 2014 8:33 PM

FMA:B had that too, but it went away eventually. I think Shigatsu's having less and less slapstick in the recent episodes, which is nice.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Dec 15, 2014 1:19 AM

Milk_is_Special said:
mayukachan said:

>1/22 episodes watched
kay

I dont need to watch a single episode of Shigatsu to now I wont like it. Why suffer trough 3 episodes when you now b ep 1 you wont like it?

Not saying Shigatsu is bad, but I hate shows with heavy drama.

Dec 15, 2014 1:38 AM

baki502 said:
Milk_is_Special said:

I dont need to watch a single episode of Shigatsu to now I wont like it. Why suffer trough 3 episodes when you now b ep 1 you wont like it?

Feel free to say it's bad. I love myself some melodrama (AnoHana, Kokoro Connect for example) but Shigatsu has problems that go way beyond liking drama or not :/.
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Dec 15, 2014 6:01 AM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
baki502 said:

Feel free to say it's bad. I love myself some melodrama (AnoHana, Kokoro Connect for example) but Shigatsu has problems that go way beyond liking drama or not :/.

I don't see how Shigatsu is that much different from your mentioned ones. Besides we haven't even seen half of the show.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »