Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Dec 14, 2014 4:48 AM

Shirou's projection didn't really come off as much as an asspull as I thought it would.

Dec 14, 2014 5:02 AM

Haha, this episode was good and hilarious. Superb animation as expected from Ufo. Poor Saber though.
Also, I've learned today that "shonen" is an adjective. Good thing I guess.

Dec 14, 2014 5:33 AM

Z4k said:
Lol that random powerup tho.

Spome spoilers since it seems many people didnt get the memo:
Ep4 after the OP:

Ep6 in the shed with Saber:"...My luck is a lot better with bladed tools like this", takes out a pocket knife.
Ep7 after credits implication of Shirou's fascination with Archer's swords.
Ep8 before the OP:
.This wil make a lot of sense way later.
Ep8 discussion with Rin at the rooftop:"I tried different kinds but that's(reinforcement) is the only thing I can do".
Ep10 inside the class we get a reaffirmation of Shirou's fascination with Archer's swords.
Ep10 after Caster retreats|(connects with Ep8 above):
Rin:"I thought reinforcement was the only magic you could do"
Shirou:"It is but projection was the first magic I succeeded at...But I could only mimic the exterior of things, inside they were always hollow....Kiritsugu said it was useless so I should focus on reinforcement"
Rin:"True I would have said the same thing"

We already knew that Shirou likes blades and that his magic revolves around them and that he had tried other forms of magic as well but he sucked at it.

Why he could do it this time(but not fully), will be explained later.

Dec 14, 2014 5:41 AM

Somehow the lights didn't bother me, the effects and lights were nice but how could Shirou survive to Kuzuki's hit? Saber was defeated it and he bares it like it was anything. Rin was so useless but the episode was cool, so I can forgive it

Dec 14, 2014 5:47 AM

KeyToCourage said:
how could Shirou survive to Kuzuki's hit?

He did survive that "incident" with Berserker in the Fate and HF routes. It really isn't strange.

Dec 14, 2014 5:50 AM

HentaiPriest said:
Z4k said:
Lol that random powerup tho.

Spome spoilers since it seems many people didnt get the memo:
Ep4 after the OP:

Ep6 in the shed with Saber:"...My luck is a lot better with bladed tools like this", takes out a pocket knife.
Ep7 after credits implication of Shirou's fascination with Archer's swords.
Ep8 before the OP:
.This wil make a lot of sense way later.
Ep8 discussion with Rin at the rooftop:"I tried different kinds but that's(reinforcement) is the only thing I can do".
Ep10 inside the class we get a reaffirmation of Shirou's fascination with Archer's swords.
Ep10 after Caster retreats|(connects with Ep8 above):
Rin:"I thought reinforcement was the only magic you could do"
Shirou:"It is but projection was the first magic I succeeded at...But I could only mimic the exterior of things, inside they were always hollow....Kiritsugu said it was useless so I should focus on reinforcement"
Rin:"True I would have said the same thing"

We already knew that Shirou likes blades and that his magic revolves around them and that he had tried other forms of magic as well but he sucked at it.

To add to that, when he talks about how he does strengthening to Saber, he outright states that he first visualizes what he wants to do and its structure.

KeyToCourage said:
Somehow the lights didn't bother me, the effects and lights were nice but how could Shirou survive to Kuzuki's hit? Saber was defeated it and he bares it like it was anything. Rin was so useless but the episode was cool, so I can forgive it

It is not nothing, he is bleeding from his mouth.

Doing training every day strengthens the body and we already know he has some sort of passive healing ability.

Dec 14, 2014 5:53 AM

Bleeding from his mouth while Saber was beaten like shit? No. He isn't supposed to be hit, in the VN the wrong choice ends with him diying, now the bad end is inconsistent or what? There is no way to justify it.

Dec 14, 2014 5:56 AM

KeyToCourage said:
Bleeding from his mouth while Saber was beaten like shit? No. He isn't supposed to be hit, in the VN the wrong choice ends with him diying, now the bad end is inconsistent or what? There is no way to justify it.

He is clearly unable to take another hit after that.

Saber got multiple hits done to her.

You see Kuizuki strike back of her head(most likely nearly damaging cervical spine and causing damage to cerebellum), and see blood spilling through her clothes. Then she is hit twice on the side of her head(possibly on the temples, disorienting her and causing contusion, connected with the previous hit causing disorientation and concussion), then on the shoulder(most likely breaking the clavicle and with the shockwave affecting the lung), then she is strangled, hit in the top of her head again and then punched in either stomach or the head, again, and THEN she hits through multiple walls.

Shirou get hit in the cheek, possibly breaking few teeth and then in the belly, which clearly caused internal bleeding. Next hit would be fatal.
Modified by Ahenshihael, Dec 14, 2014 6:04 AM

Dec 14, 2014 5:57 AM

KeyToCourage said:

Maybe he was holding back with his students? He didn't kill Shinji, after all. Souichirou merely wanted to make the fact that he was a teacher clear. We are then treated with the spectacle of him schooling Saber's butt.

Dec 14, 2014 5:57 AM

KeyToCourage said:

Do we really question Shirou's durability?

Dec 14, 2014 6:05 AM

I have more questions about why everyone here seems to accept whatever Ufotable throws at them.

If Kuzuki hits Shirou he dies, Dead End. Why are you gonna contradict the VN? The change was just stupid

Kuzuki is the most BS (even) in Nasuverse but it was satisfying to see Saber suffering.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

KeyToCourage said:

Shirou is pretty sturdy, and he got hit in the torso, not the head or neck, with the blow. He took the lighter blows to his face, and he was pretty messed up. If that big blow had hit his head, it might've come off, but going for the torso allows him to live.

If you think about everything THAT ONE SPECIAL THING
has done in the Fate series, it isn't too unbelievable that he survives a gut punch. It is the instant death gg no re moves like decapitation you have to watch out for.
Modified by ANGRY2011, Dec 14, 2014 6:14 AM

Dec 14, 2014 6:08 AM

I believe we should keep the Fate revelation / ending of Zero still out of discussion threads, as that revelation wasn't made in UBW itself (and won't be until one particular scene). There are, after all, people who started with UBW TV first.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Dec 14, 2014 6:09 AM

ANGRY2011 said:
fagagaggavavavagva.

^ spoiler A word, man.

KeyToCourage said:
I have more questions about why everyone here seems to accept whatever Ufotable throws at them.

If Kuzuki hits Shirou he dies, Dead End. Why are you gonna contradict the VN? The change was just stupid

It matters where Kuzuki hits Shirou

Dec 14, 2014 6:11 AM

Huh, Shirou wasn't completely worthless in this episode, surprisingly. And seeing Saber getting her arse kicked was even more surprising. But well, atleast the fight scenes were great, as usual.

Pretty sure that a certain someone who used a command spell and martial arts had a stronger punch which resulted to nothing as well.And his target didnt have 2

HentaiPriest said:

Dec 14, 2014 6:12 AM

Harrymanhunter said:
Huh, Shirou wasn't completely worthless in this episode, surprisingly. And seeing Saber getting her arse kicked was even more surprising. But well, atleast the fight scenes were great, as usual.
Shirou was saving the day(well not every day) since ep3 you know.

Dec 14, 2014 6:13 AM

Harrymanhunter said:
Shirou was never worthless. He's been one of the best mcs in fictional stories ever since 2004.

Dec 14, 2014 6:14 AM

GreenSnow said:
HentaiPriest said:

Because Saber isnt nearby.

His body isnt firendly to himslef if left alone.It is the combo that is good.

Dec 14, 2014 6:15 AM

CookingPriest said:
ANGRY2011 said:
fagagaggavavavagva.

^ spoiler A word, man.

It matters where Kuzuki hits Shirou

Sonuvabitch, can't believe that slipped out. Edited.

And yea, exactly, a gut punch isn't near the same as getting your head knocked off.

Dec 14, 2014 6:18 AM

j0x said:
WrongPriest said:

I think he needs to do more things with blue sparks flying out of his ass, that seemed to garner attention.

nah i think a lot of people ignore or forget his actions because Shirou is an annoying moralfag/SJW that do not have the ability to defend his ideals very well although this episode prove that he will have the ability to defend his ideals in the future

Harrymanhunter said:

sigh, he was never worthless

Dec 14, 2014 6:27 AM

Harrymanhunter said:
Huh, Shirou wasn't completely worthless in this episode, surprisingly.

>unintentionally saved Archer from Lancer's NP in ep 0 and 1.
>saved Archer and Rin with a command spell in episode 1. (If you think Archer can defeat Saber at that range and state, think again.)
>saved Saber from Archer's nuke in ep 3. (No, Saber didn't sense the threat building up)
>saved Rin and Student X from Rider (subsequently causing him great pain at ep 5)
>calmly called most (if not, all) shots during the incident at school. (episode 8)

What in the world makes you think he's worthless? Not to mention him being a super cook and having a part-time job while still at high-school.

Edit: additional stuff
Modified by VarunaBles, Dec 14, 2014 6:39 AM

Dec 14, 2014 6:41 AM

^ Ginger kid is da man

Dec 14, 2014 6:47 AM
Maaaaan Shirou was damn awesome in this episode wasn't he?

Dec 14, 2014 6:51 AM

GreenSnow said:
HentaiPriest said:

You should read that scene again and remember why he dies. Something went out of control.

Dec 14, 2014 7:03 AM
Harrymanhunter said:

What were you watching from episode 0-7? Obviously something other than UBW 2014 because Shirou proved himself competent multiple times.......

Dec 14, 2014 7:29 AM

That. Was. Epic.

Dec 14, 2014 8:13 AM
CapsuleCore said:
GreenSnow said:

You should read that scene again and remember why he dies. Something went out of control.

Yes, i’m planning on reading the whole VN again since i’ve forgotten way too many details.

Dec 14, 2014 8:31 AM

GreenSnow said:
HentaiPriest said:

[SPOILER]Didn't he go splat? I didn't come across that bad end, cos I'm such a gr8 VN player, but Avalon can't heal when the body is completely destroyed. Whether Saber is there or not.
The sun is a deadly laser

Dec 14, 2014 8:32 AM

Something deleted my post? Next episode wonder how they'll pace it. A good break from this episode's action.
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season

Dec 14, 2014 8:38 AM
HentaiPriest said:

Yes I was surprised how he could do it at that moment. I've got no problem if it'll be explained.

HentaiPriest said:

I think I forgot that part.

See I don't like it when they just imply some of the important details like that because I tend to miss some of it and would make me look like a fool when I post my opinion about it. Monologues or more dialogues about scenes like those would be helpful.

Dec 14, 2014 8:41 AM

sexy supa sayan shirou

Dec 14, 2014 8:45 AM

Z4k said:
HentaiPriest said:

Yes I was surprised how he could do it at that moment. I've got no problem if it'll be explained.

HentaiPriest said:

I think I forgot that part.

See I don't like it when they just imply some of the important details like that because I tend to miss some of it and would make me look like a fool when I post my opinion about it. Monologues or more dialogues about scenes like those would be helpful.

Well there is the lack of Fate adaptation.

Yes they COULD add more stuff about projection foreshadowing but since what they DO show connect later with explanations(those remain since Shirou has to keep using it and get better at it) it is fine with me.

What they HAVE to explain is how Shirou manages to actually use projection properly instead of making hollow objects.But that will be in the 2nd cour.

Dec 14, 2014 8:45 AM

mira-lala said:
GreenSnow said:

[SPOILER]Didn't he go splat? I didn't come across that bad end, cos I'm such a gr8 VN player, but Avalon can't heal when the body is completely destroyed. Whether Saber is there or not.

Dec 14, 2014 8:48 AM

mira-lala said:

You forget the first fight with Berserker in Fate.

Dec 14, 2014 8:50 AM

mira-lala said:
GreenSnow said:

What Hentai and Cooking already said. As I've said, something went out of control that ended up deadly.

Dec 14, 2014 8:52 AM

HentaiPriest said:
mira-lala said:

You forget the first fight with Berserker in Fate.

[spoiler]That was half of his abdomen. It can heal that, but if the body is completely destroyed, it's impossible to fix. Hence 'near immortality'.

CookingPriest said:
mira-lala said:

Doesn't explain natin. @.@

Dec 14, 2014 8:53 AM

Jesus Christ, come to the General Discussion thread, mira.

Dec 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Hentai...Cooking.....

Call me idiot by I found that funny.

Dec 14, 2014 9:37 AM

Well it's good to see the animation quality hasn't budged an inch. The fight scene was amazing and is definitely my favorite of the season so far. Also what happened to Kazuki's glasses?

Dec 14, 2014 9:41 AM

RealMTL said:
Well it's good to see the animation quality hasn't budged an inch. The fight scene was amazing and is definitely my favorite of the season so far. Also what happened to Kazuki's glasses?
He put them in his pockets.

Dec 14, 2014 9:42 AM
something here

RealMTL said:

He put them in his pocket, you can see him taking them off before he says "We've caught our prey."

Dec 14, 2014 9:47 AM

Dem epic glasses skillz tho.

Dec 14, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 14, 2014 10:46 AM

Shrimperor said:
mira-lala said:
Dem epic glasses skillz tho.

he is related to Shiki

MEOFSU

Dec 14, 2014 10:51 AM
something here

nocorras said:
Shrimperor said:

he is related to Shiki

MEOFSU

Mystic eyes of fucking shit up?

Dec 14, 2014 11:14 AM

InsertPriestHere said:
nocorras said:

MEOFSU

Mystic eyes of fucking shit up?

Yep

Dec 14, 2014 1:32 PM

New ANN review of FSN is out. As always, I end up nodding along and applauding 80 percent of the review, and face palming the other 20
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works/episode-10/.82134
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (33) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »