Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 10 Discussion

Dec 16, 2014 10:59 PM

Saiko scenes are just hilarious XD

I have a feeling that Nutcracker is someone we already know.

Dec 16, 2014 11:00 PM

Barion-Zara said:

So are these TLs right? Wasn't it supposed to be Haise wondering how such a beautiful person could ever exist? Here it's he feels like he knew such a beauty in his previous life. So which is right? And Touka called Yomo Onii-chan.

I agree. I found some issue(not trying to offend any1) or specifically a contradiction in the translation with the one on tumblr. If I remember it right Saiko described that she like "Sasaki's food", but it actually went with "Sasaki, Food" in Imp scan TL instead.

Wonder if some1 could clear this up -_-
"Gahahaha. My hyper weapon will pierce the heavens!"

Dec 16, 2014 11:07 PM
Looks like a new character with the :re people aswell..
Who ever it is responding here, calling Yomo brother..

Dec 16, 2014 11:10 PM

rickylrico said:
Looks like a new character with the :re people aswell..
Who ever it is responding here, calling Yomo brother..

That's Touka-chan dayo.
sorry, but it's true. She did call him "Nii-san"
"Gahahaha. My hyper weapon will pierce the heavens!"

Dec 16, 2014 11:20 PM

saiko's one eyed kakugan cherry bedsheets are pretty awesome
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima

Dec 17, 2014 12:17 AM
Just a guess but I think we're going to see Madam A pretty soon.

Dec 17, 2014 1:08 AM

Damn ... Touka is so hot !! <3

Dec 17, 2014 1:15 AM

So they skipped the encounter just to go back to it at the end, that was... well played.
Looks like they do know who he is, and "his heart" remembers.

That guy really wants to destroy the group, I wonder when that will happen.

Dec 17, 2014 1:35 AM

Dem feels when tears started flowing for sasaki. Please just ask that dude inside you if you are unsure.

Couldn't believe there are people who thinks sasaki is crying for nothing. Well to be fair to them, they are not obligated to think deep when reading tg
Modified by ma103, Dec 17, 2014 6:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 17, 2014 1:45 AM

I don't know what to think with the translation.
I don't think he remember her, or he knows he met her in the past.
It just doesnt make sense with the dialogue.
Guess I'll have to wait for the next chapter to know for sure.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 17, 2014 1:59 AM

remember in one-shot when shinohara taunting kaneki in the table?
i think yomo did just like that but he is too tsundere so he didnt say any word to kaneki :p

quincke : "fucking saiko, she is still sleeping! okay lets leave her"
(ccg hq)
quincke : "where is suzuya?"
hanbee : "he overslept"

lol
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Dec 17, 2014 2:09 AM

I certainly wanted to see more of what happened at the bar, but I got Yomo and that's good enough for me ♥ totally missed him :o

As for Saiko, lol. Did u guys see the part where she covered her weight with the finger? :))

Dec 17, 2014 2:32 AM

FluffLynn said:
I certainly wanted to see more of what happened at the bar, but I got Yomo and that's good enough for me ♥ totally missed him :o

As for Saiko, lol. Did u guys see the part where she covered her weight with the finger? :))

Good find, attention to details as always Ishida sensei. Saiko is getting more and more likeable by the min
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 17, 2014 3:29 AM

Yeah It is finally out !

Saiko moments were hilarious ! such a lazy girl XDDD

And feels are flowing for Kaneki :((((

Mutsuki is worried about Sassan.

Wonder when will Touka and Sassan meet next time ?. :/ I would like to see them talk to each other more.
Modified by CrimsonMoon56, Dec 17, 2014 3:32 AM

Dec 17, 2014 4:41 AM

Touka <3

Dec 17, 2014 6:12 AM
So did Touka die and get reborn? Some forums are sayimg so. Yet to me it seems like she is herself.

Dec 17, 2014 6:15 AM

Legendzerox said:
So did Touka die and get reborn? Some forums are sayimg so. Yet to me it seems like she is herself.

Ya, Ishida is a level 99 necromancer.

Dec 17, 2014 6:20 AM

Legendzerox said:

It's more of improved drawing than 'reborn'.

Dec 17, 2014 6:50 AM

I can feel the tension... Well I think Yomo knows what's up. But he's always been the quite person, I wonder if he will tell Touka or not. Surely she hasn't realised either, because a "tad bit sad smile" is not the kind of emotional response I expect from her once she realises who Sasaki is.

Dec 17, 2014 6:53 AM

HandsomeMan said:
I can feel the tension... Well I think Yomo knows what's up. But he's always been the quite person, I wonder if he will tell Touka or not. Surely she hasn't realised either, because a "tad bit sad smile" is not the kind of emotional response I expect from her once she realises who Sasaki is.

Then why does she have a sad smile when Sasaki starts crying bc he drank some coffee.
If she didn't recognized him, wouldn't it be more like "What a weirdo?"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 17, 2014 6:56 AM

Not necessarily. That's the old Touka who would act like that. Years have passed, her personality may have changed in that sense if you know what I'm saying...

Although now that I went back to look at the last page again, I'm not so sure either anymore... maybe she did in fact realise it was Kaneki. But I was hoping for much more emotions out of her once she would realise that.
Modified by HandsomeMan, Dec 17, 2014 6:59 AM

Dec 17, 2014 6:59 AM

Where is Rize. Last time we saw her she was with Yomo, maybe we will see her soon.

Dec 17, 2014 7:01 AM
ma103 said:
Legendzerox said:

It's more of improved drawing than 'reborn'.

I kinda figured she didn't kick the bucket. I wonder what next chapter will be like. Sucks Touka has a supporting role now.

Dec 17, 2014 7:01 AM

HandsomeMan said:
Not necessarily. That's the old Touka who would act like that. Years have passed, her personality may have changed in that sense if you know what I'm saying...

Although now that I went back to look at the last page again, I'm not so sure either anymore... maybe she did in fact realise it was Kaneki. But I was hoping for much more emotions out of her once she would realise that.

Well that is my point, she has matured, that is why I think she indeed recognized him, but she is just happy to know he is ok.
Plus I don't see how anyone wouldn't be able to recognize him, the only thing he changed was his height and fat, that's all.

Dec 17, 2014 7:22 AM

The problem is that everyone thought he died. That's why Yomo and Nishiki were pretty shocked themselves at first.

But it would be pretty cool if Touka matured that much. That would be pretty good character development for her and would mean that she might offer Sasaki some support in the future to his problems (practical and emotional), if she really did become so understanding.

Dec 17, 2014 7:42 AM

I think she recognised him,its not hard to be like "yo this guy looks like kaneki,what if he is still alive",so shes troubled as to wether its really him and sad because he disappeared and was thought dead,so it cant be him right?

Theres no way the thought that its Kaneki didnt cross her mind,it just doesnt happen.
Same dude,different clothing and puffier hairstyle.

Its happening tho.
All that hype transforming into the salvation of finally, so many feels.

I can already feel the many possibilities he can go with for the story of :Re,and i can already tell this is gonna be a masterpiece among masterpieces.

Dec 17, 2014 7:47 AM

FrozenRemains said:
I think she recognised him,its not hard to be like "yo this guy looks like kaneki,what if he is still alive",so shes troubled as to wether its really him and sad because he disappeared and was thought dead,so it cant be him right?

Theres no way the thought that its Kaneki didnt cross her mind,it just doesnt happen.
Same dude,different clothing and puffier hairstyle.

Its happening tho.
All that hype transforming into the salvation of finally, so many feels.

I can already feel the many possibilities he can go with for the story of :Re,and i can already tell this is gonna be a masterpiece among masterpieces.

Also Touka never believed he was dead. Her last words when she saw the rests of Anteiku was that she had faith that he would return to Anteiku, and it does seem she continued with that believe, by building a cafe, calling it :RE with one point white and the other red. The whole collection of books in it.
It's like a beacon for Kaneki.
And Kaneki did say after he left her that he loved Touka's cafe, and wanted one day to drink it again.

Dec 17, 2014 7:56 AM
these different translations...................... well, according to two Japanese Sasaki just thought about how Touka was incredibly beautiful, and not that he already aconhecia her before, I trust them.

Dec 17, 2014 8:16 AM

Tokyo Ghoul's author approves the "Himouto Umura-chan" anime :)
And it looks like she's modeled after the character too XD look at the resemblance
The poster above the trash can :)

Dec 17, 2014 8:57 AM

touka knows its him. i'm curious to know how much of his current state she knows.. i'm sure nishiki said something to them about kaneki, even if nishiki doesnt work at the new coffee shop. otherwise touka and yomo would've just been like "kaneki!? where have you been?" but yomo plops in the chair as though to say "c'mon, look at me.. who am i? so it really is true....you don't remember".

they prob just know of the q's somewhat just as nishiki does through his fight.
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima

Dec 17, 2014 8:58 AM

Does anyone know whether or not Touka is gonna be a more important character later on and if she's gonna like stalk sasaki ?

Dec 17, 2014 9:11 AM
I hope she gets more important.. Probably won't happen until they try to get Kaneki "back". Or if he gets his memories back before then.

Dec 17, 2014 10:14 AM
Crying like a little bitch.

Dec 17, 2014 10:19 AM
UndeadSoul said:

Wow really?

Dec 17, 2014 10:24 AM

Z4k said:
UndeadSoul said:

Wow really?

People that say shit like this shows me that they understand absolutely nothing about Kaneki/Sasaki, lol.

Dec 17, 2014 10:24 AM

ma103 said:
FluffLynn said:

Good find, attention to details as always Ishida sensei. Saiko is getting more and more likeable by the min

Hehe ^^ thanks!

Dec 17, 2014 10:33 AM

CNTRI715 said:
Z4k said:

Wow really?

People that say shit like this shows me that they understand absolutely nothing about Kaneki/Sasaki, lol.

It's bc TG has a large audience.

Some read it bc there are monsters
Some bc there is gore
Some bc of the action
Some bc of the psychology
Some bc of the hints

So each one of us see different things in different angles.
I read in a review that one of the reasons TG was so popular was bc it had shonnen and seinen characteristics.

Dec 17, 2014 10:34 AM

gabyta07 said:
CNTRI715 said:

Some bc there is gore
Some bc of the action
Some bc of the hints

I know, but I feel like people that read it with a complete Shounen mentality are missing like 90% of the story and meanings behind everything. Guess I shouldn't let it bother me haha.

Dec 17, 2014 10:38 AM

CNTRI715 said:
gabyta07 said:

Some bc there is gore
Some bc of the action
Some bc of the hints

I know, but I feel like people that read it with a complete Shounen mentality are missing like 90% of the story and meanings behind everything. Guess I shouldn't let it bother me haha.

I know, I'll admit that sometimes it does bother me.
Specially when those fans come up with theories that have nothing to do with TG, or hasn't been hinted at.
Like Hide being a one-eyed ghoul
Don't know how they came with that one.

Dec 17, 2014 10:45 AM

gabyta07 said:

I know, I'll admit that sometimes it does bother me.
Specially when those fans come up with theories that have nothing to do with TG, or hasn't been hinted at.
Like Hide being a one-eyed ghoul
Don't know how they came with that one.

Agreed, people need to learn that if there is zero evidence in the story for something, then it's probably not going to happen, because I've seen that's just not how Ishida writes after reading 150+ chapters of his work.

Some people take in that mentality from reading Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. I think because those series all lack the symbolism and careful hints that Ishida puts into TG and some of the events/twists that happen in them can be seen as much more random (not to say those are bad, I read all three, still think Naruto and One Piece are amazing, just different).

For the example you gave: that random theory that Hide was a one eyed ghoul and Owl had ZERO evidence in the story. Takatsuki = Eto = Owl on the other hand did have evidence, even if it was well hidden and very subtle.

Dec 17, 2014 11:24 AM

ArdenFolgore said:
Where is Rize. Last time we saw her she was with Yomo, maybe we will see her soon.

She is "Nutcracker". Yomo set her free because he's one nut short now. Ishida told me so.

But seriously, i really hope Rize's focused on alot more in :Re, she's undoubtedly my favourite female of the series, followed closely by the cutie called Eto.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

Dec 17, 2014 11:54 AM

you guys do you know what does number 1 mean in tarot? there's definitely number 1 on kaneki's body in the first scene.
EustassKiddo !

Dec 17, 2014 12:22 PM

Maledict said:
ArdenFolgore said:

She is "Nutcracker". Yomo set her free because he's one nut short now. Ishida told me so.

But seriously, i really hope Rize's focused on alot more in :Re, she's undoubtedly my favourite female of the series, followed closely by the cutie called Eto.

Set your priorities straight man, how can you say no to this:
Or this:

She's so kawaii that only Arima can handle her.

Dec 17, 2014 12:27 PM
My fear is that now that Tokyo Ghoul is a popular series, the author may lose control over it or be forced to do things that do not want, as benefit certain characters just to please the public.

Dec 17, 2014 12:27 PM

Sweeeettt!! I can't wait for the next chapter. >.<
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""

Dec 17, 2014 12:52 PM

lol kaneki still keeping guys who have their own agenda regardless of what it could do to the team around, just like tsukiyama.

BORING CHAP OTHER THAN SOME TEARS TBH.

Dec 17, 2014 1:04 PM

<===3

Dec 17, 2014 1:27 PM
Do we still not know if Touka has her Kagune still?

Dec 17, 2014 1:49 PM
Oreo_Assassin said:
Do we still not know if Touka has her Kagune still?

What made you think she doesn't?

Dec 17, 2014 2:25 PM
Haise feels as though he knows that place...
And Touka...

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »