Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 13, 2014 12:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Resuming with strategy. Helping out with trust without minding emotions... That idol girl/guy wanting to join Log Horizon. Many members remembering, including that wild guy remembering the time with Noto-san's character.

Interesting, to have two enemies with two same skills separated, and use each one's skill well.

The main guy somehow got lead to the goal while those shadows appear. And behind that door was Yonaga-san's character.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 13, 2014 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
Very intense episode. After what happened previously, they are working harder than ever ot fight against the bosses. I like how everyone is working collectively while testing the limits of their abilities.

Decent usage of OST used as well.
Dec 13, 2014 1:57 AM
Nov 2013
great ep but still a lot of recycle animation
Dec 13, 2014 3:01 AM
Dec 2014
Another awesome episode. Log Horizon just keeps getting better and better :D
Dec 13, 2014 5:03 AM

Mar 2013
Episode were ok, again with the pointless fights.
Tetora is so annoying, cant stand it anymore....
Dec 13, 2014 5:29 AM

Aug 2010
Well that was lots of fun ^^

Loved Naotsugu and Shiroe's new outfit equips. Looked BA :D

Their plan was awesome with how they all went ahead to Ibrahabra before it started moving.

Democracy had quite a lot of screen time this ep. Quite the nice development for him. And he finally got Shiroe to call him by his name XD Was that his waifu in his flashback? She's cute :3

Tetra was lots of lols as usual XD Her "Do u love me?" to Naotsugu and "Demi Demi" with the dreamy face was hilarious XD Glad she's joining LH. She's a fun character.

Anyway Shiroe has arrived to the goal. DAT GOLD :O
Dec 13, 2014 6:02 AM

May 2014
Does anyone see this ending on the 12th , it could be either very very VERY ruched or prolonged to 25 eps. (personally that's what i'm hoping for since it actually took some time to animate the second season, but then again that hiatus because of the holidays ).
but BY GOD this is a kidy show XD
Dec 13, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2013
Retry! With their new looks, Shiroe and Naotsugu are ready to defeat these raid bosses!
They have a nice plan. By separating the attack radii, they'll have an easier time.
So they ditched Luseat and went for Ibrahabra who's joined by Taltaulgar later.
But Luseat felt lonely so he damaged himself, which I think is pretty smart for a raid boss.

The plan could only work with great timing and positioning. This time, Demikas actually helped the team.
But not only that, Demikas also brought Shiroe to his goal, where Kinjou awaits with a raid boss.
Hopefully everything works out for all of them. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 13, 2014 6:31 AM

Jun 2008
Well now that the annoying crowd speeches are over things got a lot better. Good episode with strong action and nice development.

If that bird thing is like a final boss though i guess Shiroe's only chance is by convincing that guy to make it stop because i doubt he can win alone.
Dec 13, 2014 6:36 AM

Feb 2014
I think Shiroe is going to have to fight the other guy...
Dec 13, 2014 6:38 AM

Nov 2012
did they defeated 3 raid bosses? or just 24/7 speech like last week?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 13, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2010
It almost feels like cheating (no-clipping?) to break through the gate and approach the bosses in a different order, but -shrug-, the gate -was- breakable. o.o

I'm guessing Ibrahabra will be finished before Shiroe's skills are needed to restart the (roughly 10-minute?) cycle again. By this time, they won't need Shiroe right away since they'll only have Taltaulgar to deal with.

....still a cliffhanger regarding what Shiroe wants 80 trillion gold for. >.<

Demikas seems to have changed rather quickly. Coming up with two good tactics on the spot (pulling AoE damage to himself and using his speed to kite all of the shadowguard whilst inserting Shiroe behind enemy lines) seems unlike him too. o.o
Dec 13, 2014 6:44 AM

Jun 2014
After the previous slow episode, it makes this episode shine more.

Dec 13, 2014 6:59 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So the group left the first purple boss to fight the other two, and it looks like the group has a chance to win since the Dragon's HP is below the half bar.

Demikas got good amount of screen time and he was beasting it out there.

How did Kinjou get to the deepest part of cave that quick? Not too long ago he was talking with Princess Lenessia back at Akihabara while Shiroe and the group were taking on the first couple of bosses. Also, I thought he was a nice guy, but it looks like Shiroe will have to fight alone.

Dec 13, 2014 7:12 AM

Dec 2013
Now this is what I was waiting for in SAO, SAO2 and LH1. True fucking RPG. No bullshit.
I guess the author of the LN must be some experienced player lol
Shiroe has to fight a boss alone? o.O
Dec 13, 2014 7:16 AM

Jun 2013
SweetKotomi said:
How did Kinjou get to the deepest part of cave that quick? Not too long ago he was talking with Princess Lenessia back at Akihabara while Shiroe and the group were taking on the first couple of bosses. Also, I thought he was a nice guy, but it looks like Shiroe will have to fight alone.

Kinjou most likely used a transportation system exclusive to the Kunie clan, probably the same kind that is used to transport money and goods between the bank branches in all the hub cities.
Dec 13, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
Nah Shiroe probably persuades the final boss which is Kinjou from the Kunie clan to fight alongside him
Dec 13, 2014 7:28 AM

Nov 2012
ohh this was a good episode! better than this speech shit of last week.
i wonder how demikas knew where the 'true' goal was?
Dec 13, 2014 7:33 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Shiroe's new plan to divide the raid party in different units to take on all 3 raid bosses was pretty awesome!
Liked how the members didn't think much about the success rate but considered it their only chance instead and charged ahead.

Democracy's flashback was nice. By admitting that he's weak and expressing frustrations, his character gained some good development
That moment when he asked Shiroe to say his name.. I thought Shiroe was going to crack jokes again, but them eyes were serious!

Good episode. Wonder why is Kinjou insider the Abyssal Shaft? Aside him, there seems to be another boss too! O.o

Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode, shiroe always knows what strategies are the best.
For a moment I thought Demikas was gonna kill shiroe while running away from the Shadow Vanguard or bring him to the Dark armored guy and kill him while he was white.

I think the guy at the end of the episode is the final boss to gain the hella gold in it.
Dec 13, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
great episode! The raid mechanics and seeing the animated version of "hollowed ground" was pure awesome :O

Demi demi is such a tsundere, though lol.
Dec 13, 2014 7:58 AM
Nov 2008
Takata said:
It almost feels like cheating (no-clipping?) to break through the gate and approach the bosses in a different order, but -shrug-, the gate -was- breakable. o.o

It didn't fell as much cheating as the boss who abused its own abilities to spam an indefinite amount of mobs
Dec 13, 2014 8:03 AM

Mar 2013
Oh god, it's been a while since I've been so hyped about log horizon. Great episode, I can't wait for the next one.
I have to say though, tetra vs marielle jealousy battles will be a nice spectacle.
Dec 13, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
Going into the room of the other boss and expecting the frost giant boss to also join at a later time.

Demikas changing and no longer treating this like a game but reality. Liked how he stopped wanting to attack the girl like that!

Tetra joining Log Horizon! The boss fight was pretty good. The first boss stabbing himself to keep up the spawns.

Demikas able to absorb all that fire aoe and getting out with his wyvern kick! Carrying Shiroe like that and Shiroe faces Kinjou in the treasure room! Wonder how I would react seeing that much gold :O
Dec 13, 2014 9:01 AM
Dec 2013
Luseat attacking himself

Dec 13, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2012
lol thats no fun, skipping through bosses like that
pshh they are no real rpg players
Dec 13, 2014 9:16 AM
Dec 2013
tsanggitu said:
lol thats no fun, skipping through bosses like that
pshh they are no real rpg players

The bosses skipping the boss room. They are no real rpg bosses.
Dec 13, 2014 9:24 AM
Jul 2012
Nisx said:
Episode were ok, again with the pointless fights.
Tetora is so annoying, cant stand it anymore....
wtf
nepu nepu
Dec 13, 2014 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
Best episode of season 2 imo.

I hope Shiroe and Kinjou have an epic fight. Not exactly sure what was that thing behind Kinjou with the wings though. The final boss?
Dec 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2011
I see, so they moved to another location and scattered the bosses around. Well, can't wait to see if Shiroe will handle Kinjou all alone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 9:58 AM
Sep 2014
Well, this episode was... fine. I like the way it was planned but the animation was awful. Also, I hate Tetra, she is SO ANNOYING, I can't stand her. Next episode is intriguing, supposedly Shiroe will reveal his plans. Looking forward to it :)

Dec 13, 2014 10:29 AM
May 2014
Respect point +1 for Demikas. I am loving the raid, I wish there's such a raid (not just multiple bosses, but one that pretty much requires coordination across different boss rooms) in a real MMORPG.

So far the best episode of LH2.
Dec 13, 2014 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
That's an pretty intersing plot realization and finally some action. Good episode, and yet again can't wait for next one.
Dec 13, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
This episode was full of action. This doesn't happen really often, so it was nice to see some fighting.

Was I the only one who got reminded of Heisenberg when Demikas said "Say my name." ? xD
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Dec 13, 2014 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Shiroe's new plan to divide the raid party in different units to take out all 3 raid bosses was great.

Shiroe met the final boss at the end.
Dec 13, 2014 1:08 PM

May 2012
This is how MMORPG should be, good ol' days..

Dec 13, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
So, what now for Shiroe and that guy?
yeo
Dec 13, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2008
Great ep...this episode reminded me of WoW's horridon/council of elders raid in ToT. Let's hope this arc is finished by next ep though as want more akatsuki time
Dec 13, 2014 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
loving the different mechanics each boss has
LH really does a great job in portraying a mmorpg
Luseat has a soft enrage timer because the adds will overwhelm eventually overwhelm the raid party

Dec 13, 2014 3:21 PM

Mar 2013
That ending was only slightly less confusing than in the novel.
Dec 13, 2014 4:07 PM

Sep 2010
Takata said:

Demikas seems to have changed rather quickly. Coming up with two good tactics on the spot (pulling AoE damage to himself and using his speed to kite all of the shadowguard whilst inserting Shiroe behind enemy lines) seems unlike him too. o.o

Actually, I take that back. Since he's the type to value frontline combat over in-depth strategy, kinda makes sense for him to go a bit "Leeroy Jenkins" on the shadow guard, actually helping the raid in the process. Same for his "covering" move.

Demikas's wife sounds more like an NPC at first, not caring that Demikas has just knocked down a bit of building, or that there's a violent brute right in front of her... But when you remember that the Landers don't have NPC-like minds anymore... her unflinching reaction makes her look awesome. ^^

Took me a while to realise why the shadow vanguard were increasing exponentially (in powers of two). ...and if that's the case, shouldn't Shiroe have said "31 or 63", instead of "31 or 62"? Not sure why they had to engage Luseat at all though.
Dec 13, 2014 4:11 PM

Dec 2013
tsubasalover <<< what's wrong with you? How about calling characters by their name. It's not that hard really.
Dec 13, 2014 4:14 PM

Mar 2013
Takata said:
Took me a while to realise why the shadow vanguard were increasing exponentially (in powers of two). ...and if that's the case, shouldn't Shiroe have said "31 or 63", instead of "31 or 62"? Not sure why they had to engage Luseat at all though.

Alrighty, math time.

Attack #1: 1 shadowthingy shits out. (1 total)
Attack #2: 1+1 shadowthingy shits out. (3 total)
Attack #3: 3+1 shadowthingy shits out. (7 total)
Attack #4: 7+1 shadowthingy shits out. (15 total)

And so on and so forth, whith is 2^n - 1, starting at n = 1 (when it stabs itself like a baws)

So yes, 31 or 63 is correct.
Dec 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Jun 2014
Wow! That was an intense episode!
I would play the FUCK out of Elder Tales! (that the game right?) Those boss mechanics are NUTS.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 13, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
I don't quite get the tactic.

So the actual fight, given the circumstances does make sense.

But why did they have to fight Luseat in the first place, if you can avoid raid bosses? He didn't activate before Naotsugu was within 20 meters - the cave was at least 100 meters from what we've seen. Easy to avoid the boss. He also doesn't follow them..unless that's only when they get out while he is in white knight mode. They couldn't know that, and had no indication to base a guess on - they didn't *try* leaving the area after all.

Unless that scouting operation was supposed to confirm that. But they never actually activated him there, and the moment the scout (who was a spell anyways, which might not lead to the same results as when a player does the same) was gone, they didn't know what Luseat was doing. So they couldn't confirm anything except that Luseat is still there.

Anyways, they somehow figure they can fight him until he is wnite knight and then escape.

So they fight the next boss..and boss number 3, which they never engaged and never got anywhere close this time suddenly appears. Shiroe might be smart enough to make up a plan that allows them to fight both, but there is no way they could *expect* that. After all, the only boss they had any insight on it's behaviour did NOT follow, much less do *anything* unless it was triggered.

And finally, Luseats shadow vanguard somehow knows where they are - there was no indication that monsters cheat and *alyways* know where players are before - but the boss itself stays where he is.

Unless they just causally forgot to mention that they tried different tactics over and over, improving on it over and over, losing not once or twice, but a dozen of times to the three bosses..unless this is the case, which in itself seems rather weird when they might such a fuss over losing against three bosses when nobody ever thought any of them (in this version, not the older, weaker ones) and nobody ever fought multiple raid bosses at once..so unless they did that, they simply couldn't know this would work. And this was no test run, no, this is it, either this final tactic works, or they give up and go home.

And one point regarding the fight itself: There was no need to keep the bosses that far from each other. The circles can overlap, as long as everybody is on the far side of the boss they actually fight, no skill the other boss uses would hit them, and they wouldn't trigger any of his passive abilities, either.

This way, they could actually fight *all three*, given the size of the cave. Heck, they could do it in the first cave. That cave was big enough to house all three bosses, the shadow vanguard and 24 players and they still had lots of wiggle room. The ranged people like Shiroe or William where standing at least 100 meters away.

And the bosses themselves arent all that impressive. Just standing there, letting the players hit them, using skills the instant they are off cool down etc.

The games we have also often feature multiple bosses in one room, complete with totally different mechanics or sudden change in behaviour etc.

It's a difficult raid, but only because of pure numbers.
Dec 13, 2014 5:10 PM

May 2014
Lol.. I knew something was going on with Demikas and what he was trying to do. This probably means he acknowledges Shiroe now!
xD
Dec 13, 2014 5:26 PM
Oct 2012
NwAurion said:
I don't quite get the tactic....So the actual fight, given the circumstances does make sense....But why did they have to fight Luseat in the first place, if you can avoid raid bosses?

They did not explain this well in the animation (or maybe they did and I forgot), but the three bosses were recycled from previous raids, so the adventurers knew the traits of each of the bosses because they had defeated the bosses separately in other raids. What made this quest so difficult was that there were 3 bosses at the same time.

Because of this, Shiroe's tactic was to prevent any two bosses from being able to join forces. Paralyzing the first boss was important because then Shiroe only had to worry about two bosses at a time. He had enough tanks and healers to stall two bosses and keep them apart so that the remainder of the forces could focus on one boss at a time.
Dec 13, 2014 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
dat bank ACCOUNT
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 13, 2014 7:33 PM

Dec 2013
A damn great episode! Demikas just earned my respect

At first i didn't like her, but Tetra is kawai, starting to like her now.

The character development in this season is amazing!

Shiroe is gonna be fighting the final boss solo O.O

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 13, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2014
Nice episode. Shiroe so badass this time too!

Tetra is so funny s(he) even ask Naotsugu that kind of question lol xD.

Now, I wonder why Kinjou crying o.O
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.