Forum Settings
Forums

MAL-Fic: Blade Edge Academy (Current Chapter: Three)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Dec 12, 2014 10:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Hey guys, it has been a while. So long, in fact, that none of you probably remember me. In any case, my fondest memories of my time on MAL were writing my MAL-Fictions. So, I've come back to write a new one.

This story will take place at an academy that specialises in sword-fighting, where students form teams and battle against each other to claim the top spot. Each character will be unique, have their own style and weapon, and play their own role in the story.

The genres that I hope to use in this MAL-Fic are: Action, Fantasy, Mystery and Game.

At the moment I need at least 13 characters to get this story underway, so if you'd like to be in the story, please post below:

Characters:
- God-of-Harem (Goh)
- Mugs_Smile (Mugs)
- NotTaylor (Taylor)
- Protaku94 (Taku)
- -Klad- (Klad)
- TheConquerer (Con)
- zoron (Zoron)
- AllenVonStein (Allen)
- Mkim (Mkim)
- Princess (Princess)
- Loli (Loli)
- KawaiiWeeabz (Kaw)
- omeg4 (Omeg)
- Pauper (Pauper)
- rothrock (Roth)
- RandomPerson6 (Rando)
- NebulaC3I (Nebula)
- einonymous (Einon)
- EmiyaNanaya (Emiya)
- Swiggy (Swiggy)
- Spooks_McBones (Kibura)


I believe that my writing skills have improved a lot since I last made a MAL-Fic, so hopefully I can make it more interesting this time around.

Thanks guys.

Chapter One: Blade Edge Academy


'What if I were to tell you there was a place, where talented young swordsmen and swordswomen, literally from across the entire globe were scouted by agents to attend a prestigious academy, to hone their skills and face-off in life or death battles for wealth, fame and glory? Obviously, you'd think I was tad crazy, and maybe a little delusional. Trust me, that was my reaction at first too. In fact, I vaguely remember pulling my sabre and threatening the poor man from the agency. But who can blame me, right? At any rate, the agent told me that I've been scouted for the academy's new class. Whatever this academy is, it can't be any worse than my current life. Either way, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.'

Goh placed his pen down on his diary. Goh knew that keeping a diary isn't exactly the manliest thing someone can do, but for some reason, he felt compelled to do so as of late. The train clattered and shook as it went over a kink in the tracks. Goh looked out of the window into the night sky of a full-moon. Goh was alone in the train's small cabin. He placed his hand on his sheathed sabre on the seat next to him. That's right. Goh thought to himself. Whatever this academy is. Whatever lies ahead of me, I believe there is a chance to redeem myself. For what I did back then.

Goh was awoken by a sharp knock on the cabin door. He sat up hastily on the seat. He hadn't realised that he had dozed off. The train was still moving, so they hadn't reached the academy yet. There was another sharp knock on the cabin door. Goh, got up and stumbled to the door, before twisting the knob and opening the door. A young male, who looked to be a little older than Goh was standing there with a befuddled look on his face. He wore tattered country clothes with a brown rag coat over his shoulders. He had bright blue eyes and shaggy blonde hair that reached his shoulders. He had a longsword in it's sheath on his back. His eyes seemed to wander every crack of the interior of the train. "So... Can I help you?" Goh said to the boy, whose reaction could be related to that of a startled cat. Goh now had his attention. "O-oh, Um... Hi! I'm Mugs! I heard that you were an academy student too, so I came to greet you!" he shouted nervously. Goh checked his watch. "Dude. It's half past two in the morning." Mugs' face turned red. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to wake you!" Mugs was fidgeting so much, anyone could mistake him for having an epileptic fit. Goh scratched his head and yawned. "So, what are you doing awake at this time of the day?" Mugs seemed to relax a little, although not much. "Yes! I come from a family of farmers, so It's not uncommon for me to be up this early!" He shouted nervously again. Though it seemed abnormal, almost as if he was covering up something. Goh sighed. "You don't have to shout everything, and you don't need to be so formal. I'm Goh. Nice to meet you. Goh extended his hand and Mugs shook it earnestly. "I-I'm Mugs." he stuttered. "Yes, you told me." Goh replied. Mugs' face turned redder than before, but before he could say anything else, Goh continued. "Anyway Mugs, I'm going back to sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning." Mugs nodded "Y-yes,of course." Goh closed the door before he could say anything else. Goh sighed and layed back down. What a weird guy. He thought to himself. Before he knew it, he'd fallen back asleep.

Goh was awoken by the screeching of the wheels of the train. The train rattled and threw Goh off of his seat. He stood up and looked out the window. Many students carrying weapons were filing out of the train. Goh picked up his sabre and attached it to his waist. He hurriedly packed his things and left the cabin. The metal steps thumped as he left the train, he took a moment to take a breath fresh air. The air had a nostalgic taste. Goh closed his eyes to savour the moment. "Excuse me!" someone behind him called out, startling Goh. "I kinda need to get off the train." The female voice said. Goh hastily moved out of the way. "Sorry." The girl stepped out of the train. She had medium length brown hair, just above her shoulders. She was short and looked a little older than Goh. She had two daggers strapped to her chest, and wore light leather armour.It looked as though she could conceal weapons in a hundred different places. "It's all good." She said. "I take it you're one of Class Y's students?" Goh tilted his head. He didn't really need to ask. Class Y must be the new class name. Goh nodded. "Cool. I'm Roth." She said with a smile. "I've been at the academy for a year already. I could show you to the Evaluation Field, if you'd like?" Goh had no idea where he needed to go anyway, although he figured there would be an evaluation. "If you could, that would be great." He replied, returning the smile.

End of Chapter One


CHAPTER TWO:



Modified by Baileyy, Dec 14, 2014 11:27 PM
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
#2
Dec 12, 2014 11:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2922
I remember you! Sign me up. It might be harder to gather peeps this time round.^^
 
#3
Dec 13, 2014 12:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 126
Not sure how this works, but i'll love to be a character

 
#4
Dec 13, 2014 12:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 12976
Well this looks nifty.Sign me up if you want.
 
#5
Dec 13, 2014 12:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13358
Count me in for the lulz
 
#6
Dec 13, 2014 12:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 8257
I wanna be in this. Pretty please.
I've been here way too long...
 
#7
Dec 13, 2014 12:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Cool. I didn't think anyone would be interested.

If you have an idea of what you want your character to be like, or what sort of sword they use, or any sort of backstory or anything, let me know, I'd be glad to integrate it into my story.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
#8
Dec 13, 2014 12:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 212
Sounds fun. I'm up for being a character, your choice though OP.

Looking forward to your work.
 
#9
Dec 13, 2014 2:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Can I get any other takers?
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 31507
Sign me up .Action, Fantasy, Mystery that's interesting
make my character too much powerful if u can.and kawaii too

 
Dec 13, 2014 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 10747
*Sneakly*

Heeeeeey, so you need people eeeh?

I wooooould not mind if you used me, you know, if you need people.

Just do whatever ya want with the character, have him use whatever weapon you want, a butter knife, a long sword, wateva.

That'll be interestin '3'.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8605
Me too pls teehee~
Use my body as you please k-kyaaa > //// <



✩ 調和 ✩ twitter ໒꒱˚ youtube
Lonely in Gorgeous
♡‧₊
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 10908
Sign me in too >////<
 
Dec 13, 2014 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2223
Please add me ! :3
Modified by FeelsWeebMan, Dec 13, 2014 8:11 AM
 
Dec 13, 2014 8:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2075
Looks like fun add me if space is still available
 
Dec 13, 2014 8:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2410
m-me
 
Dec 13, 2014 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 16282
Me too :)
 
Dec 13, 2014 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 8337
Fuck it, add me if you want.
IntelligentPerson said:
You can block their mac address
OtherPerson said:
Mac? But I'm on Windows.
 
Dec 13, 2014 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Looks like I have enough people to kick-off the story now. If you haven't joined yet, you're more than welcome to, as characters can be introduced at any time.

Thanks guys.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1830
I
 
Dec 13, 2014 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15762
Sure this is wise?

Well regardless good luck I wish you much sucess GOH.
Modified by Spooks, Dec 13, 2014 4:38 PM
 
Dec 13, 2014 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1037
This sounds quite interesting. Is it too late to put me down as a character?
 
Dec 13, 2014 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 8257
God-of-Harem said:

If you have an idea of what you want your character to be like, or what sort of sword they use, or any sort of backstory or anything, let me know, I'd be glad to integrate it into my story.


Can you make my character some mysterious swordsman who wields some legendery weapon with Christian origins (cough cough excalibur). The rest is up to you :D
I've been here way too long...
 
Dec 13, 2014 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1341
I'll take your offer. Sounds like fun…

I would like to be a silent swordsman using a large broadsword that can split into two swords… that would be fun
Modified by I-9029, Dec 13, 2014 3:30 PM
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
I've almost finished Chapter One, so it should be up soon.

Spooks_McBones said:
Well regardless good luck I wish you much sucess GOH.


Thanks, Kibura.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15983
Good luck on the story I love reading them~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
 
Dec 13, 2014 5:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15762
God-of-Harem said:


Thanks, Kibura.




I have no idea who that is!
 
Dec 13, 2014 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Chapter One: Blade Edge Academy


'What if I were to tell you there was a place, where talented young swordsmen and swordswomen, literally from across the entire globe were scouted by agents to attend a prestigious academy, to hone their skills and face-off in life or death battles for wealth, fame and glory? Obviously, you'd think I was tad crazy, and maybe a little delusional. Trust me, that was my reaction at first too. In fact, I vaguely remember pulling my sabre and threatening the poor man from the agency. But who can blame me, right? At any rate, the agent told me that I've been scouted for the academy's new class. Whatever this academy is, it can't be any worse than my current life. Either way, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.'

Goh placed his pen down on his diary. Goh knew that keeping a diary isn't exactly the manliest thing someone can do, but for some reason, he felt compelled to do so as of late. The train clattered and shook as it went over a kink in the tracks. Goh looked out of the window into the night sky of a full-moon. Goh was alone in the train's small cabin. He placed his hand on his sheathed sabre on the seat next to him. That's right. Goh thought to himself. Whatever this academy is. Whatever lies ahead of me, I believe there is a chance to redeem myself. For what I did back then.

Goh was awoken by a sharp knock on the cabin door. He sat up hastily on the seat. He hadn't realised that he had dozed off. The train was still moving, so they hadn't reached the academy yet. There was another sharp knock on the cabin door. Goh, got up and stumbled to the door, before twisting the knob and opening the door. A young male, who looked to be a little older than Goh was standing there with a befuddled look on his face. He wore tattered country clothes with a brown rag coat over his shoulders. He had bright blue eyes and shaggy blonde hair that reached his shoulders. He had a longsword in it's sheath on his back. His eyes seemed to wander every crack of the interior of the train. "So... Can I help you?" Goh said to the boy, whose reaction could be related to that of a startled cat. Goh now had his attention. "O-oh, Um... Hi! I'm Mugs! I heard that you were an academy student too, so I came to greet you!" he shouted nervously. Goh checked his watch. "Dude. It's half past two in the morning." Mugs' face turned red. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to wake you!" Mugs was fidgeting so much, anyone could mistake him for having an epileptic fit. Goh scratched his head and yawned. "So, what are you doing awake at this time of the day?" Mugs seemed to relax a little, although not much. "Yes! I come from a family of farmers, so It's not uncommon for me to be up this early!" He shouted nervously again. Though it seemed abnormal, almost as if he was covering up something. Goh sighed. "You don't have to shout everything, and you don't need to be so formal. I'm Goh. Nice to meet you. Goh extended his hand and Mugs shook it earnestly. "I-I'm Mugs." he stuttered. "Yes, you told me." Goh replied. Mugs' face turned redder than before, but before he could say anything else, Goh continued. "Anyway Mugs, I'm going back to sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning." Mugs nodded "Y-yes,of course." Goh closed the door before he could say anything else. Goh sighed and layed back down. What a weird guy. He thought to himself. Before he knew it, he'd fallen back asleep.

Goh was awoken by the screeching of the wheels of the train. The train rattled and threw Goh off of his seat. He stood up and looked out the window. Many students carrying weapons were filing out of the train. Goh picked up his sabre and attached it to his waist. He hurriedly packed his things and left the cabin. The metal steps thumped as he left the train, he took a moment to take a breath fresh air. The air had a nostalgic taste. Goh closed his eyes to savour the moment. "Excuse me!" someone behind him called out, startling Goh. "I kinda need to get off the train." The female voice said. Goh hastily moved out of the way. "Sorry." The girl stepped out of the train. She had medium length brown hair, just above her shoulders. She was short and looked a little older than Goh. She had two daggers strapped to her chest, and wore light leather armour.It looked as though she could conceal weapons in a hundred different places. "It's all good." She said. "I take it you're one of Class Y's students?" Goh tilted his head. He didn't really need to ask. Class Y must be the new class name. Goh nodded. "Cool. I'm Roth." She said with a smile. "I've been at the academy for a year already. I could show you to the Evaluation Field, if you'd like?" Goh had no idea where he needed to go anyway, although he figured there would be an evaluation. "If you could, that would be great." He replied, returning the smile.

End of Chapter One


It may have started off slow, but I'd please bear with me, I'll get to the mystery and action soon. ^^
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 13, 2014 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 12976
God-of-Harem said:
Chapter One: Blade Edge Academy


End of Chapter One


It may have started off slow, but I'd please bear with me, I'll get to the mystery and action soon. ^^
Not bad. I'm picturing it like an anime in my head, kind of like Akame Ga Kill. Though I don't think there was any description for Goh, so I just pictured him like Tatsumi lol. Can't wait til Taku comes in xD
 
Dec 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3321
Throw me in this, please?

You can make my character look or act however you'd like, but I know that sometimes working with an empty template is hard, so I'll just throw some ideas out there. I noted some of the things as "can be changed" or "your choice", but actually it's all your choice.



Dunno if that helps or not.

Enjoy your anime!
 
Dec 13, 2014 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15762
I wish to come in the future as a villainous self aware AI.

you know, something easy to write ;)
 
Dec 13, 2014 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3321
I didn't notice the post of the first chapter since I was typing, but it's nice! I just read it all out loud and it has a really nice flow.
I'm liking how it's going. Good luck for the rest of the ride! O:

Enjoy your anime!
 
Dec 13, 2014 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Giving me a template for your characters definitely makes it easier for me to satisfy the readers.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 13, 2014 10:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 126
God-of-Harem said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Giving me a template for your characters definitely makes it easier for me to satisfy the readers.


Love the first chapter, keep up the good work! C:
Ummm a possible template for my character:

 
Dec 14, 2014 12:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2223
Do whatever you want with my character !

I got no preferences for the gender, the sword, the personality,... (Something not too generic would be nice, tho :p). Just keep writing, the first part is a bit slow as you said, but really well done :3.
Modified by FeelsWeebMan, Dec 14, 2014 12:31 AM
 
Dec 14, 2014 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Chapter Two: Evaluation


Goh walked beside Roth as they passed through a large complex of buildings. Everything in the academy was clearly state of the art, and everything was clearly designed by a master architect. As they passed a water fountain Roth began to speak. "I suppose you don't know how the evaluation works?" Goh reluctantly shook his head. Roth began to explain. "This school decides things using a battle system called Maim Games. The battles usually work in three different ways, Team Battle being the most common. Duels are usually used to decide disagreements between two people, and Battle Royales are a free for all type of battle, which is generally used to decide positions between a group of people. As the name might suggest, the idea of the game is to maim the opposing players, but that's not completely correct. This school uses advanced technology, unseen anywhere else in the entire world. Players can remain unscathed while experiencing a real life or death situation on a real battle field." Roth paused to clear her throat. "Before players go onto the battlefield, they are equipped with light but effective armour that represents the wearers bodily functions and vitality with 99.99% accuracy." Roth motioned to a bracelet on her wrist. "This is what is called a Player Brace. Every student has one, it holds all the information on the wearer, their rank in the school, their records and stats, and their status during a battle. When a player is struck by another player, it restricts the player's movements and deals pain to the player according to how it would if it were their real body. And when a player 'dies' they are out of the battle." Goh took in all the information quietly. "So, the evaluation?" Goh asked. Roth nodded once. "All the people in Class Y will have a Battle Royal to decide the position in their class and their rank at Blade Edge Academy. Once that is over, it will be up to the students to decide their own teams." Goh nodded. The rest of the walk was quiet.

The evaluation field was like a real battlefield. It had all sorts of terrain and obstacles, and spanned at least a kilometer squared. There were a bunch of students grouped together taking a briefing from an instructor. "That's the rest of Class Y" said Roth as she patted Goh on the shoulder. "See ya then!" she called out as she left. Goh straightened up and joined the rest of his class. Everybody in the class looked like professionals who shouldn't be messed with. The youngest in the class looked to be about 15, while the oldest student was about 25. As far as Goh could tell anyway. "Finally decided to join us fresh meat?" The instructor called out heartily. "I must say, going on a date with a girl before class is rather bold of you." Goh's face went a little red. "N-no, I wasn't sir, I was just lost, and she was helping me!" He stammered. "I'm just playing with you kid." The instructor chuckled. The people of Class Y laughed quietly. "I take it Roth briefed you on the evaluation?" The inspector asked. "Yes sir." Goh replied. "Good! That means that everyone is ready to fight. I'll go through the rules once, and once only!" The instructor called out to the class. "Each person has one life. You 'die', you're out. Weapons are limited to a maximum of one large blade, two medium blades, or four small blades. Weapons other than blades are prohibited and will result in disqualification. All players must remain on the battle terrain at all times. Leaving the battle terrain more than once, or for more than ten seconds, will also result in disqualification. Each Player Brace will always display the current status of the wearer, including their overall Health Points. When your HP drops to zero, you're out. There are 17 of you in Class Y. The last man, or woman standing will receive the top place in the class, and so on and so forth. Any questions?" The crowd remained silent. The instructor cleared his throat. "Go change into battle gear. The battle commences in ten minutes.

The rocks crunched under Goh's boots as he made his way to the changing room. He heard a voice call out from behind him. "Oi!" Goh turned to see a young man who looked to be about twenty with a greatsword sheathed on his back. He was struggling to catch up to Goh due to the size of the sword. From the bottom of the hilt to the very point of the blade was taller than the user himself, who was already borderline giant. Goh took a slight step back. Maybe it was his size, but something about this guy seemed more dangerous than everybody else. "Isn't that sword a bit heavy?" Goh asked jokingly. The abnormally large young man was taking a moment to catch his breath. "Makes it a bitch to run with, that's for sure." He said after about ten seconds. "Anyway, this fell out of your bag." He handed Goh his diary. Impossible! Goh thought. My bag was definitely closed! "Th-thanks." Goh said wearily. "Well, I'll run on ahead. Bye!" The young man began to leave but Goh stopped him. "Wait! You didn't give me your name." The young man smiled, but the smile seemed ghostly. "I'm Klad. Catch you around Goh." He said before hurrying ahead.

After Goh had equipped his gear and made his way back the instructor sent each player to their predetermined position on the battlefield. It is designed so that each player starts of at least 50 meters away from any other player. Once everybody was in place, the instructor sounded off on the PA system. Battle will commence in 15 seconds. Please do not move until the horn sounds. Goh unsheathed his sword. Everyone else on the battlefield is probably doing the same. Goh thought to himself. The fifteen seconds was tense and stale. 3. 2. 1.

The horn sounded.

End of Chapter Two
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 14, 2014 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 212
I wonder who the greatsword wielder is?

My character's up to your imagination. It'll be a surprise for me finding out what you come up with.

It's been an enjoyable read so far. :D
 
Dec 14, 2014 3:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13358
Both chapters seemed enjoyable. Keep it up!
 
Dec 14, 2014 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2075
It has been fun to read so far. Keep it up :)

You can do anything with my character. Its up to your imagination.
 
Dec 14, 2014 4:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15762
Sure why not

 
Dec 14, 2014 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 8257
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see how its gonna evolve.
I've been here way too long...
 
Dec 14, 2014 5:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 10747


Twas a very nice read till now '3'.
 
Dec 14, 2014 7:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1341
Anyway, I would like to add something towards my character.

Gender: Male
Age: no preference, though would like to be around 17-25
Weapon: already described
Stature: medium-build, fair or a bit tanned

Well, that's it for now.
 
Dec 14, 2014 8:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 13
Very good story, can't wait to read the rest of it!
 
Dec 14, 2014 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 16282
Hehe Mugs so cute. Didn't expect to get introduced so fast.

Also the premise sounds interesting. Reminded me a bit of Quidditch reading chap 2.
Modified by Roth, Dec 14, 2014 10:18 AM
 
Dec 14, 2014 4:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
I've begun work on Chapter Three now, so I'll have it up shortly.

Spooks_McBones said:
Sure why not



That is pretty... Elaborate.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 14, 2014 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15762
God-of-Harem said:


Spooks_McBones said:
Sure why not



That is pretty... Elaborate.


Sorry I just wrote the first thing that came off the top of my head, is it too much?.
Think of it as guild lines if so.
 
Dec 14, 2014 4:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Nah, it's cool, I can work with it.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 14, 2014 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 7385
Chapter Three: The greatsword user


With his sabre pressed against his chest, Goh dashed between covers of large boulders and fallen tree trunks in a forest. Goh had concluded that it was best to remain unseen until he had made it to an level and open terrain. Anywhere else, he was prone to people who are likely to ambush him. But before that Goh had decided to make his way to the mountain top in the center of the field, so he could survey his surroundings. Of course, Goh had taken it into account that others would have had the same idea, but it's a risk worth taking. Goh thought. Goh used his sabre as a climbing tool to climb to a ledge at the foot of the mountain. Goh took a second to check his Player Brace, to make sure nobody had been eliminated yet. After confirming he dashed up a rocky wall and began to climb the mountain. About halfway up the mountain, he took a moment to catch his breath in a small cave. He was about a hundred meters high. Falling from this height would eliminate him from the game, so it was best to stay in good condition. The mountain was getting narrower the higher he climbed, so the chance to encounter another player was increasing. A familiar excitement was pumping through Goh's veins. Goh's train of thought was interrupted by some rocks tumbling down the mountain face. Goh jumped up and took cover behind some boulders. Someone was above him. Goh assumed that the person above him knew there was someone below him, too. There was only one entrance and one exit to the cave. Goh decided to stay put until the person came to greet him or the person decided to leave. Sure enough, he took the former.

The sound of footsteps sounded from the entrance and the sound of a blade sliding out of its scabbard echoed through the cave. Goh quietly unsheathed his sabre. He was at a disadvantage, as his exit was blocked. Goh peeked from behind the boulder to see what he was up against. There was a male about 20 years old, a bit taller than Goh. He had brown hair down to his shoulders and a few scars on his face. He held... A greatsword? It certainly seemed like it, though it seemed different to other greatswords Goh had encountered. Goh decided to take the initiative. Holding the sabre to his waist, he pressed his back against the back of the boulder before speedily rolling out from behind the boulder turning it into a swift dash, with the sabre outstretched it aimed straight for the only unprotected part of the body. The face.

The swordsman was surprised. He expected an attack, but not so fast. He managed to sway his head out of the sabre's path just enough for it to slice his cheek. Goh followed up with a swift swing from the right, but the greatsword user raised his sword to block the attack without any issue, The other swordsman raised the hilt sharply into Goh's chin sending him falling onto his behind. He rose his greatsword above his head and swung down at Goh who quickly regained his bearings and rolled out of the way of the impact. Goh wiped the blood from his mouth and spat a tooth on the ground. There was now at least four meters between the two swordsmen. "An eye for an eye, right?" The greatsword user said with a smile. "I guess so." Goh replied returning the smile. "But there can only be one winner in the end." They began to circle around each other. "I'm Goh, take good care of me okay, classmate." he said sarcastically with a twirl of his sabre. "My name's not classmate. It's Emiya. Remember it." He charged at Goh, swinging his huge sword, knocking over stone pillars and sending shards of stone flying into Goh's face, Goh was blinded but rolled sideways anticipating the following strike. Emiya followed up with powerful blows at the partially blinded Goh, who could do nothing but dodge. In terms of weapon weight, Emiya had the advantage. Emiya had one large sword, whilst Goh had one medium sword, so parrying Emiya's powerful strikes would almost be impossible. Goh regained his composure and slipped under Emiya's next strike. In a closer fight Goh would have the advantage. Goh rolled once again to behind Emiya who used the momentum of his swing to make a full-turn to face Goh who was already charging at the defenceless Emiya. Goh was fast. The fastest swordsmen Emiya had ever encountered. The sabre was pointed just feet away from his heart and the person behind it was moving faster than Emiya could keep track of. If it hit, he would be eliminated for sure. Emiya managed a swing of his sword just powerful enough to deflect the trajectory of the sabre. It stabbed into where his abdomen would be. Emiya cringed in pain, but brought his knee up into Goh's ribs. Goh was winded and retreated a few meters backwards.

Every player always has a max health points of 100. Goh's currently read 82/100. Goh looked at the number on Emiya's Player Brace. 56/100. Good. I have the advantage. Goh thought to himself. Goh's train of thought was interrupted by Emiya speaking. "You're pretty good kid, I'll give you that. I suppose I'll have to get serious then." Emiya raised his sword in demonstration so Goh could see it clearly. He then twisted a button on the hilt of his sword. His sword split in two. Two long swords.

"The truth is Goh; I actually specialise in dual wielding."

End of Chapter Three
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
 
Dec 14, 2014 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 12976
God-of-Harem said:
Chapter Three: The greatsword user


With his sabre pressed against his chest, Goh dashed between covers of large boulders and fallen tree trunks in a forest. Goh had concluded that it was best to remain unseen until he had made it to an level and open terrain. Anywhere else, he was prone to people who are likely to ambush him. But before that Goh had decided to make his way to the mountain top in the center of the field, so he could survey his surroundings. Of course, Goh had taken it into account that others would have had the same idea, but it's a risk worth taking. Goh thought. Goh used his sabre as a climbing tool to climb to a ledge at the foot of the mountain. Goh took a second to check his Player Brace, to make sure nobody had been eliminated yet. After confirming he dashed up a rocky wall and began to climb the mountain. About halfway up the mountain, he took a moment to catch his breath in a small cave. He was about a hundred meters high. Falling from this height would eliminate him from the game, so it was best to stay in good condition. The mountain was getting narrower the higher he climbed, so the chance to encounter another player was increasing. A familiar excitement was pumping through Goh's veins. Goh's train of thought was interrupted by some rocks tumbling down the mountain face. Goh jumped up and took cover behind some boulders. Someone was above him. Goh assumed that the person above him knew there was someone below him, too. There was only one entrance and one exit to the cave. Goh decided to stay put until the person came to greet him or the person decided to leave. Sure enough, he took the former.

The sound of footsteps sounded from the entrance and the sound of a blade sliding out of its scabbard echoed through the cave. Goh quietly unsheathed his sabre. He was at a disadvantage, as his exit was blocked. Goh peeked from behind the boulder to see what he was up against. There was a male about 20 years old, a bit taller than Goh. He had brown hair down to his shoulders and a few scars on his face. He held... A greatsword? It certainly seemed like it, though it seemed different to other greatswords Goh had encountered. Goh decided to take the initiative. Holding the sabre to his waist, he pressed his back against the back of the boulder before speedily rolling out from behind the boulder turning it into a swift dash, with the sabre outstretched it aimed straight for the only unprotected part of the body. The face.

The swordsman was surprised. He expected an attack, but not so fast. He managed to sway his head out of the sabre's path just enough for it to slice his cheek. Goh followed up with a swift swing from the right, but the greatsword user raised his sword to block the attack without any issue, The other swordsman raised the hilt sharply into Goh's chin sending him falling onto his behind. He rose his greatsword above his head and swung down at Goh who quickly regained his bearings and rolled out of the way of the impact. Goh wiped the blood from his mouth and spat a tooth on the ground. There was now at least four meters between the two swordsmen. "An eye for an eye, right?" The greatsword user said with a smile. "I guess so." Goh replied returning the smile. "But there can only be one winner in the end." They began to circle around each other. "I'm Goh, take good care of me okay, classmate." he said sarcastically with a twirl of his sabre. "My name's not classmate. It's Emiya. Remember it." He charged at Goh, swinging his huge sword, knocking over stone pillars and sending shards of stone flying into Goh's face, Goh was blinded but rolled sideways anticipating the following strike. Emiya followed up with powerful blows at the partially blinded Goh, who could do nothing but dodge. In terms of weapon weight, Emiya had the advantage. Emiya had one large sword, whilst Goh had one medium sword, so parrying Emiya's powerful strikes would almost be impossible. Goh regained his composure and slipped under Emiya's next strike. In a closer fight Goh would have the advantage. Goh rolled once again to behind Emiya who used the momentum of his swing to make a full-turn to face Goh who was already charging at the defenceless Emiya. Goh was fast. The fastest swordsmen Emiya had ever encountered. The sabre was pointed just feet away from his heart and the person behind it was moving faster than Emiya could keep track of. If it hit, he would be eliminated for sure. Emiya managed a swing of his sword just powerful enough to deflect the trajectory of the sabre. It stabbed into where his abdomen would be. Emiya cringed in pain, but brought his knee up into Goh's ribs. Goh was winded and retreated a few meters backwards.

Every player always has a max health points of 100. Goh's currently read 82/100. Goh looked at the number on Emiya's Player Brace. 56/100. Good. I have the advantage. Goh thought to himself. Goh's train of thought was interrupted by Emiya speaking. "You're pretty good kid, I'll give you that. I suppose I'll have to get serious then." Emiya raised his sword in demonstration so Goh could see it clearly. He then twisted a button on the hilt of his sword. His sword split in two. Two long swords.

"The truth is Goh; I actually specialise in dual wielding."

End of Chapter Three
Things getting real lol.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »